Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

The Movie Club - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Movie Club (83663 Views)

3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! / NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout / The Movie "300" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (96) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Movie Club by bishoptboy(m): 9:27pm On Jul 08, 2009
The only thing that I remember about Transformer 1 is the destuction and visual efx but Transformer 2 gave me more than visual efx. T2 is funnier and and one thaing they succeded in doing is making the robots human. think of optimus prime's death and the two funny robots. I got more back story on the robots in T2 than T1. so for me the story of T2 was clearer than T1

iice:

Motion picture, is my passion.[/color]
iice- do you write, direct, act?
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 10:37pm On Jul 08, 2009
@bishoptboy
Wat.movie.do.you.want.us.to.review.next?
Re: The Movie Club by davidif: 7:54am On Jul 09, 2009
As for Transformers, if you are the type that loves movies for acting and a great story line then you DON'T WANT to watch Transformers, its just as terrible (acting and plot wise) as the first one. But if you don't care and just want to see an amazing summer blockbuster then Transformers 2: Revenge of the fallen is the greatest movie EVER MADE period.
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 7:59am On Jul 09, 2009
Was.d.story.dat.bad?
Re: The Movie Club by iice(f): 9:05am On Jul 09, 2009
justkunmi:

iice. .
I.think.I.know.the.horrendous.movie.your.bro.was.talkin.about. . Cuba.was.dating.a.woman.waaaay.older.than.his.mother. .and.they.were.having.sex.like.no.man's.business. He.killed.his.Pa.in.the.movie.also. .
Thats.the.lowest.you.can.sink.to.as.an.actor. The.story.was.crap. .Wait.sef. . Was.there.even.a.story?.

I.think.the.last.sensible.thing.Cage.did.was.Face/Off. .lol. Cos.all.his.recent.movies.are.waaaaaay.too.terrible.
Knowing. .Matchstick.Men. .Bangkok.blah.blah. . He.should.just.retire.already. .

@peoplez. .
Pls.suggest.a.movie.for.review.next. .
Good.or.bad. . Lets.rip.'em.apart.

I don't know if it's that movie, but my bro kept saying, he couldn't believe how wack the movie was.  More like a d-list movie. Matchstick wasn't that bad as the rest.  After that was wicker man angry

davidif:

As for Transformers, if you are the type that loves movies for acting and a great story line then you DON'T WANT to watch Transformers, its just as terrible (acting and plot wise) as the first one. But if you don't care and just want to see an amazing summer blockbuster then Transformers 2: Revenge of the fallen is the greatest movie EVER MADE period.

Gbam, i forgot to mention the acting. grin

bishoptboy:

iice- do you write, direct, act?
Nope grin I'm just passionate about it (for as long as my memory can remember). 
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 11:55am On Jul 09, 2009
It.should.be.the.movie.'cos.this.one.is.very.horrible. .
Re: The Movie Club by Nobody: 12:34am On Jul 10, 2009
justkunmi:

iice. .
I.think.I.know.the.horrendous.movie.your.bro.was.talkin.about. . Cuba.was.dating.a.woman.waaaay.older.than.his.mother. .and.they.were.having.sex.like.no.man's.business. He.killed.his.Pa.in.the.movie.also. .
Thats.the.lowest.you.can.sink.to.as.an.actor. The.story.was.crap. .Wait.sef. . Was.there.even.a.story?.

iice:

[color=#9900ff]I don't know if it's that movie, but my bro kept saying, he couldn't believe how wack the movie was.  More like a d-list movie.

yeah that movie was called SHADOWBOXER. a big pile of crap but he did one at the end of 2008 called THE DEVIL'S TOMB, oh my god!!!!!!
Re: The Movie Club by iice(f): 5:45am On Jul 10, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

THE DEVIL'S TOMB, oh my god!!!!!!

Bingo!! That's the film grin grin
Re: The Movie Club by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 10, 2009
iice:

Bingo!! That's the film grin grin

oh that movie was BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!
i watched about 30 mins top but i felt more sorry for Cuba. i guess thats the only scripts he gets these days and that cant be too good. if that is the best movie he was offered then i think he needs to retire. better be remembered as a great actor than what he did in these lame movies.

also finally watched TRANSFORMER 2 (had to wait for online dvd quality), and i was surprised how good the movie was. actually i think it was better than Terminator Salvation. better storyline, better effects etc.
like another poster said, Megan Fox lips were glossed all the way through the flick. mechanic workshop, library battle, desert battles. WTF!!!!
Re: The Movie Club by iice(f): 11:51am On Jul 10, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

oh that movie was BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!
i watched about 30 mins top but i felt more sorry for Cuba. i guess thats the only scripts he gets these days and that cant be too good. if that is the best movie he was offered then i think he needs to retire. better be remembered as a great actor than what he did in these lame movies.

Rofl, i will never watch it then grin My bro said the same thing about retirement.
He said there were other movies he saw of Cuba along the same lines as this devil's tomb grin grin

LMAO at Fox's lips. . .collagen too much ooo cheesy
Re: The Movie Club by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 10, 2009
iice:

Rofl, i will never watch it then grin My bro said the same thing about retirement.
He said there were other movies he saw of Cuba along the same lines as this devil's tomb grin grin
LMAO at Fox's lips.  .  .collagen too much ooo cheesy

Cuba's got 5 movies coming out until 2010 so i guess he is busier than ever. i hope that he will have at least one of these 5 that is watchable.
its the same as Val Kilmer. that guy was dead and gone and suddenly there are a few movies with him, ALL SHIT!!!!!!(especially that STREET OF BLOOD flick with 50cent). he is soon to shoot the sequel to HEAT with Pacino/De Niro and that should be something to look forward to.
on the other hand, Mickey Rourke was in the same situation but he did a fantastic job in THE WRESTLER and had a few good parts since then. he was oscar nominated for that part, is now shooting IRON MAN2, has 8 other movies lined up for release till 2011 . that guy is on fire!!!!!
Re: The Movie Club by iice(f): 12:26pm On Jul 10, 2009
Yeah i saw Cuba has movies in the works. . .Frankly, i stopped watching most of his movies. I'm not trying to condition my mind to do the same with Nic Cage.
Hmmmm i don't remember the last movie i watched of Kilmer undecided And i don't watch movies with rappers unless it's a very good movie (i only watch Mos Def, who i adore and i think Ludacris is trying small)

Pacino and De Niro? After righteous ones, i don't think i want to see anything of theirs.

Well Rourke was banging in Sin City. . .he was my favorite character. I'm happy for him sha
Re: The Movie Club by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 10, 2009
iice:

[color=#9900ff]Yeah i saw Cuba has movies in the works.  .  .Frankly, i stopped watching most of his movies.  I'm not trying to condition my mind to do the same with Nic Cage.
Hmmmm i don't remember the last movie i watched of Kilmer undecided And i don't watch movies with rappers unless it's a very good movie (i only watch Mos Def, who i adore and i think Ludacris is trying small)

Pacino and De Niro? After righteous ones, i don't think i want to see anything of theirs.

Pacino and De Niro!!!!! i dont think you can get 2 giants better than these two on film.
rumour has it that people wanted the both of them on film again after the success and great chemistry they had in HEAT. unfortunately the script was rubbish and there wasnt really any chemistry in that RIGHTEOUS KILL movie.
HEAT is up there in my best movie list of either actor.
as for rappers turned actors, a lot should be fired (starting with DMX and 50cent) but Common is carving himself as a great actor too and lets not forget TUPAC.
Re: The Movie Club by iice(f): 12:55pm On Jul 10, 2009
Right. . .righteous ones. . .see? I can't even remember the name right because it was too shitty.
Heat was good but lately, both actors have been doing terrible movies.

Hmmm i don't know about common since he does very little roles and he doesn't stand out in them other than he does ok. Mos def still remains the best of them all. A true artiste. As for the rest. . .they should leave acting to actors. Making a music video is different from making a movie. Ok i was also impressed with T.I, i expected crap from him. And Ne-yo was impressive, though not great. The worse i have seen is Mario shocked Boy was afraid of the camera cheesy
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 2:44pm On Jul 10, 2009
@Brownjay
Thanks.so.much. .Shadow.Boxer.was.the.movie.I.was.talking.about. Cuba.was.soo.terrible. The.movie.was.utter.crap. Very.annoying.

Righteous.Kill.dissappointed.me. I.saw.the.preview.months.earlier.and.waited.patiently.for.the.movie. Then.I.saw.it. .and.i.was.sooo.annoyed. .Wacked.story. 50Cent.made.it.worse. .

@iice
Mos.Def.is.a.class.act. U.seen.16.Blocks? With.Bruce.Willis. .He.was.so.cool.to.watch. .
Wacked.rappers/actors. -
Ice.Cube. .Are.we.there.yet?
Ja.Rule. .Assault.on.Precint.13(Although.they.killed.his.ass.off. .lol)

@topic
I.suggest.Obsessed. . .again.for.review.

U.guys.too.should.suggest.a.movie.so.we.can.wrap.up.Transformers.2.
Re: The Movie Club by iice(f): 3:50pm On Jul 10, 2009
Yeah i've seen 16 blocks. You should check out Something The Lord Made (an HBO original Movie) He was nominated for a golden globe and Emmy for that movie. He was also in a recent House episode, well in season 5, he played a patient with locked-in syndrome. I used to watch Def Jam Poetry too because of him.

LMAO i tire for ice cube ooo cheesy

Fine, obsessed it is tongue
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 3:59pm On Jul 10, 2009
Ice.Cube.annoys.me. You.seen.a.movie.he.did.with.this.'unfunny'.dude.in.'30.Rock'?
One.black.dude. .Forgotten.his.name. I.think.Morgan.'something'. That.movie.was.an.apology!. .

I'll.look.for.the.Mos.Def.movie. Havent.seen.it. .

So.no.movie.on.your.mind?
Re: The Movie Club by iice(f): 4:08pm On Jul 10, 2009
Tracy Morgan. . .he used to be on SNL.
I stopped watching Ice Cube after 'are we done yet?'

Nada ooo lol. . .i'm currently trying to watch Angels and Demons but i keep getting interrupted so, i don't know when i will even finish watching it.

Maybe we should see the Devils Tomb? tongue grin Nope. . .i don't want to break my tv yet grin
Re: The Movie Club by icezik1(m): 6:12pm On Jul 10, 2009
Hurray a movie club. We used to have something like this before but the same people on this thread stopped posting on that one. Sha, this one is more organized.
Re: The Movie Club by iice(f): 6:13pm On Jul 10, 2009
shocked
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 7:31pm On Jul 10, 2009
@ice_zik
the.club.is.for.us.all. we.need.ur.reviews.and.comments. lets.see.more.of.you. .

@iice
Be.done.wit.d.Angels.and.Demons.and.lets.know.what.you.think. We've.reviewd.the.movie.a.coupla.weeks.ago.but.we'll.still.welcome.ur.views.

SPOILER.ALERT-. you'll.enjoy.the.movie.more.if.you.have.NOT.read.the.book. .i.regretted.reading.the.book. .or.was.it.watching.the.movie. I.sha.regretted.doing.both. .lol.
Re: The Movie Club by Nobody: 3:09am On Jul 11, 2009
Mos def is alrite but i hated both movies BE KIND REWIND and HITCHIKERS GUIDE TO THE GALAXY with a passion!!!!
i havent watched NEXT DAY AIR yet so i will wait until then to reevaluate my position on him LOL.
Ice Cube should probably stay behind the camera, i think he is more skilled over there.

@justkunmi, how could you mention JA Rule? i could think of many whack rapper/actor (Andre3000/The Game/Snoop etc) but JA is not even in their whack league so imagine?!

i say yeah for OBSESSED to be reviewed.
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 7:30am On Jul 11, 2009
Lol, Ja.Rule.jus.came.to.my.mind.at.that.time. .lol
Andre.isnt.totally.bad. At.least.I.enjoyed.Four.Brothers. .
Snoop.ke? Does.anyone.even.watch.that.his.stupid.show.on.E!?

Ok.about.Obsessed. Preppin.it. .lol
Re: The Movie Club by Coldish: 8:48am On Jul 11, 2009
For me its a great movie.i loved it.

watch it here, here

Re: The Movie Club by bishoptboy(m): 2:41pm On Jul 11, 2009
Mos Def is one of the best. for me Be Kind rewind is very funny. my class went to review before it was released and for film student the stunts they puled with the "sweded films" was funny to us. i watched one Ja rule and he was ok(not great though). Andre is just trying.

I saw Knowing and I didnt finish it. for me the story started off great but at some point the whole angel thing wasnt jelling. For me Nic Cage wasnt bad its the story that was progressing poorly and turning into a kiddies movie especially when that ball thing fell from heaven. that was when i left the cinema.

For me I cant really blame Cage cos sometimes you pick up a script and think its gonna end up great on screen but things go wrong and when you watch it you get pissed off. I made a short film last year and when I came up with the idea i though it was going to be the best movie in my school but alot went wrong and it turned into a film i myself dont want to see.

Generally for me analysing acting isnt my thing . i dont know bad acting until its obvious its bad. i spend my time watching the cinematography and editing style.
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 3:38pm On Jul 11, 2009
Knowing.was.terrible. . Acting. Story. Continuity. Everythin.that.could.go.wrong.with.the.movie.did.
Cage.should.just.retire. .
Re: The Movie Club by bishoptboy(m): 8:59pm On Jul 11, 2009
@ kunmi
i said it before sometime you pick up a script and think you just landed the best film of all time and it just goes wrong. even spielberg did not have 100% success. sometimes when a film doesnt go right you cant blame the lead actor alone. you look at the producer, director, cinmatographer. is it not the same guy in face off and con air? is it not the same lady in monster's ball and cat woman. if they are badly directed the film will come out badly. you can say yeah he should know the film wasnt going to be great. but i say to you sometimes you wont know. im my little experience i have learnt that things go wrong. i shot two short films last yeah and one we concluded it was going to be very bad becos it didnt look great but the editor saved the movie. it ended up being nominated for awards and in a film festival. the other that started off as a good film ended up being crap cos things went wrong. tomorrow a good director can cast cage and he is getting all the nomination.

If an actor or director has proven himself to be good before and i dont give up on them cos i know things could go wrong but if they have always gotten it wrong then i know they are poor in their field.

hey JustKunmi you talked about continuity. i never saw continuity errors their. where was that? maybe i never noticed cos i was distracted the whole time in the cinema.
Re: The Movie Club by iice(f): 9:51pm On Jul 11, 2009
Andre is quite good. Even though i didn't like that musical with Big boi, he was impressive especially next to Big Boi who shouldn't act.

@Bishoptboy. . .you study movie making? Cool!

Sometimes though, an actor's instinct plays part in choosing a script. Cage's own has gone to hell. Yes, factors may come into play but some scripts are apparently clear that it's all rubbish. Being inconsistent is good, but being consistently bad is something else angry
Re: The Movie Club by Nobody: 4:19am On Jul 12, 2009
@bishopboy
you are absolutely right about that but i can clearly say that the first step is to choose the right script and to have a vision of what the movie is going to be like. then by the time you and the director meet, you can relate to him and see if "your" vision is the same as his. if they are completely different then it safe to walk away.
i mean i have yet to see Denzel Washington or Will Smith on a streak of bad movies as bad as the one Cuba Gooding is in right now. he seems to be getting either poor roles or just making bad choices.
i am sure that Mickey Rourke got a great deal of bad offers all these years but he did not shoot any, and now that good scripts are on the table, he is busier than ever.
also just because a movie is not good to someone's taste, doesnt mean it is a bad movie but when the flick is just poorly shoot, poorly directed and with a poor cast then "Houston we have a problem" (especially if the script was shit at the first place.
a great team of actors/PM/DP etc can make a bad script look good but the other way around is highly improbable.
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 1:21pm On Jul 12, 2009
@bishopboy
I.totally.get.your.point.but.a.whole.great.deal.of.getting.a.good.movie.done.is.also.on.the.actors. His.instincts.should.tell.him.when.to.run.away.from.a.script.

Maybe.tomorrow. .but.up.till.now. .I'm.yet.to.see.a.terrible.movie.Morgan.Freeman.is.in. Is.he.lucky.to.be.getting.good.deals? Dont.think.so. I'm.so.sure.plenty.scripts.would.come.but.he.chooses.the.ones.that.befits.his.person,
Tell.me.one.terrible.Morgan.Freeman.movie. . .
The.lowest.I.can.remember.is. 'Evan.Almighty.' and.it.wasnt.that.bad. Its,a.comedy.and.the.sequel.jinx.also.caught.up.with.it.

I.understand.when.an.actor.chooses.a.wrong.script.once.in.a.while. It.happens. De.Niro.and.Pacino.in.Righteous.Kill. .Michael.Douglas.in.The.Sentinel. .and.plenty.other. But.when.it.becomes.consistent.like.Cuba.and.Cage .then.something's.wrong.
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 11:03am On Jul 13, 2009
Terminator.2.Reviews.Summary

Average.Rating.- 87.33%
General.Comment. - Very.entertaining.movie. A.large.percentage.thinks.the.movie.was.better.than.the.previous.one.
Others.are.of.the.opinion.that. in.action.sequences.and.non-stop.'whaoos'. .Terminator.2.was.better.than.1. But.in.the.actual.story.and.relevance.to.the.plot. .Terminator.2.wasnt.very.good.

But.all.in.all. .GREAT.ACTION.FLICK. MUST.SEE.

Next.on.review. .OBSESSED.
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 11:07am On Jul 13, 2009
OBSESSED

Director
Steve.Shill

Producer
George.Flyn

Starring
Idris.Elba
Beyonce.Knowles
Ali.Larter

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (96) (Reply)

NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s / K.brule And Khloe Disqualified From The Big Brother House (details) / BBNaija: Tacha Slays In Transparent Dress During Birthday Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.