Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? (31878 Views)

Why Don't Camera Men Fall Under The Anointing? / You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) / Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by Idrismusty97(m): 3:26pm On Oct 04, 2015
Religion demands that you don't think or ask questions, Scientists think and ask questions. That's the difference, Religion can only survive in the absent of curiosity, Just accepting everything hook line and sinker. Scientists(And probably the educated and logical people) are curious. They would always be two kinds of people in this world, Those who aren't curious and are submissive without questions, And those who must make sense out of everything. I am no scientists but i am glad to be among the curious ones, Somehow without any tragic events in my life, right when i was very young i just know the whole stuffs about a "god" and religion just doesn't make sense. It is a beautiful experience knowing you don't need to smash your head on the ground every hour, give out your savings to some clowns to buy private jets or keep waiting for a skydaddy to come rescue you out of your pathetic situation.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by 989900: 3:27pm On Oct 04, 2015
AnnieOakley:

You say he was not an atheist but I insist he was. I know he was never a Christian. Christianity goes beyond saying nice things about the faith. Everybody knows he doesn't even look Christian!

Einstein was never an atheist; more like an agnostic.
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by MayhorE(m): 3:29pm On Oct 04, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:
To say that the vast majority of great scientists do not believe in a personal god is not a gross generalization, but an overwhelming truth.

According to a meta-analysis on the subject in a 2002 Mensa article (Mensa is the society of individuals with high IQs) that acutely piqued my interest to the extent that I held onto it, among others. The author, Bell, wrote:

"...Of 43 studies carried out since 1927 on the relationship between religious belief and one's intelligence and/or educational level, all but four found an inverse connection. That is, the higher one's intelligence or education level, the less one is likely to be religious or hold "beliefs" of any kind."

Religion is chock full of gaps even the unseasoned layman is wont to challenge and dismantle with ease. It should come as no surprise to observe that the intelligent, scientific elite are lacking in 'faith' (which is, in essence, belief without cause and/or evidence, and thus goes against the very nature of science and the principles of the scientific mind). I would go so far as to posit that the figure of scientists said to believe in a deity in the OP (40%) are entirely blown up relative to reality due to the still evident stigma of professing complete and utter atheism.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by omojeesu(m): 3:29pm On Oct 04, 2015
Atheism is deception, foolishness and rebellion against the Creator put together!

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 04, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

1. I am a christian and the earth is not six thousand years old grin . LMAO

2. There are atheists who are scientists or love science and dont see the theory of evolution as a plausible theory

1. shut up according to the bible the earth is six thousand years old,

2. stephen hawking once said the universe works independently of whatever you believe in, so either you conform with it or you'll just end up decieveing yourself, regardless of whether there are scientists that don't believe darwin doesn't mean a thing. there is countless evidence that proves the theory of evolution is a fact.

KingEbukasBlog:

What proof ?

1. That life came from the non living without supernatural intervention- a hypothesis or has been replicated in the labs through experiments ?

2. Making up a theory that denies the first cause . No mentioned initial conditions .

Go to sleep Joshua , you've made no point tongue

once a gain pleaaase shut up

1.all living organisms are made up of atoms, are atoms alive? you're either still a kid or you just don't use your head to think at all

2. the first cause argument has been debunked for ages. if you tell me the universe had to have a creator that set it into motion, then i have a right to ask you who created your god. even so from what you're telling me your god doesn't need to have a cause because he is absolute then where is he?where is the proof that he exists? nobody has seen or heard from this god but they expect me to believe in him.

science tells me that the universe needed no cause to bring it into existence,but i can see the universe, i know it's real. Do you now see the problem with religion?

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by 989900: 3:37pm On Oct 04, 2015
I have a major problem with people's comprehension and analysis.

Believing in God or a God/creator/manufacturer/designer is a whole different thing from religiousness.

It is simply believing in an 'intelligent being', being responsible for creation . . . life, the stars, galaxies and e.t.c.

It is different from believing if that intelligent being cares about you/us individually, or by extension collectively.

As well different from following some manual/manuscripts and some clerics in worship of a supreme being.

Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 04, 2015
adejaresalami1:
ode darwin theory should have prove to us where actually that life started from....walahi you should take a deep breath and ask your self where exactly am I coming from,science will always have lies to back up the theory they dont understand.

life started from inorganic matter, darwin stated that in his theory. if you don't know that then you're as dumb as you are ignorant.
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by freecocoa(f): 3:39pm On Oct 04, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

There's none actually seeing that I know no christian needs faith to believe in God .
How about us 'non- christians'? How do we believe in god?
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by omojeesu(m): 3:46pm On Oct 04, 2015
[quote author=MayhorE post=38659696][/quote]

Common sense ALONE should tell a human being that there is a Creator God even on the basis of probability and possibility.

Nature, in its variety and complexity, justifies the existence of a designer and builder.

Just as it is impossible for Toyota Car to comprehend the existence of Mr. Toyota, so it is impossible for man to 'discover' his creator.

God's existence is being denied by man because God had made him to be like Him, God, a rational being, rather than animals of instinct. There is no debate about the existence of God in the Animal Kingdom

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:50pm On Oct 04, 2015
Joshuabase:

1. shut up according to the bible the earth is six thousand years old

According to your understanding of the bible - a misconception - the earth is six thousand yours old

2. stephen hawking once said the universe works independently of whatever you believe in, so either you conform with it or you'll just end up decieveing yourself, regardless of whether there are scientists that don't believe darwin doesn't mean a thing. there is countless evidence that proves the theory of evolution is a fact.

Facts ? What facts ?

once a gain pleaaase shut up

you've not given me a reason to

1.all living organisms are made up of atoms, are atoms alive? you're either still a kid or you just don't use your head to think at all

Atoms are alive ? cheesy shocked . LMFAO ...

2. the first cause argument has been debunked for ages. if you tell me the universe had to have a creator that set it into motion, then i have a right to ask you who created your god. even so from what you're telling me your god doesn't need to have a cause because he is absolute then where is he?where is the proof that he exists? nobody has seen or heard from this god but they expect me to believe in him.

My God exists outside time and space , so its actually illogical to ask me about God's creator . Oh brother ... I dont need to prove , its common sense .

science tells me that the universe needed no cause to bring it into existence,but i can see the universe, i know it's real. Do you now see the problem with religion?

Science does not say that . WTF grin

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by plaetton: 3:50pm On Oct 04, 2015
AnnieOakley:

Your opinion smiley

What is the use for god?
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:52pm On Oct 04, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Religion demands that you don't think or ask questions, Scientists think and ask questions. That's the different, Religion can only survive in the absent of curiosity, Just accepting everything hook line and sinker. Scientists(And probably the educated and logical people) are curious. They would always be two kinds of people in this world, Those who aren't curios and are submissive without questions, And those who must make sense out of everything. I am no scientists but i am glad to be among the curious ones, Somehow without any tragic events in my life, right when i was very young i just know the whole stuffs about a God and religion just doesn't make sense. It is a beautiful experience knowing you don't need to smash your head on the ground every hour, give out your savings to some clowns to buy private jets or keep waiting for a skydaddy to come rescue you out of your pathetic situation.

North Korea's president , an atheist , is so curious about how the world would come to end so he built nuclear bombs
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 04, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

According to your understanding of the bible - a misconception - the earth is six thousand yours old

then how old is the earth? according to the bible?

KingEbukasBlog:

Facts ? What facts ?

please do your own research.

KingEbukasBlog:

Atoms are alive ? cheesy shocked . LMFAO ...

if anything, this is evidence that you don't know how to read. i asked a question " are atoms alive?"

KingEbukasBlog:

My God exists outside time and space , so its actually illogical to ask me about God's creator . Oh brother ... I dont need to prove , its common sense .

nothing exists outside of time and space, therefore your god is nothing

KingEbukasBlog:

Science does not say that . WTF grin

[/quote]

stephen hawking, - "because gravity exists, the universe, matter and energy can and will create itself from nothing"

don't argue without knowledge son

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by 989900: 3:59pm On Oct 04, 2015
If we go to mars, Jupitar, or that Keplar planet tomorrow, and find a dilapidated building there with no occupant, what would be the general perception?

It just appeared a la 'small bang', or some thing(s) built it and left? And that is just a dilapidated building.

Now tell me more about that 'big bang' nonsense again.

A good number of scientist have moved away fron that theory though -- yes, it is senseless.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 04, 2015
omojeesu:

Common sense ALONE should tell a human being that there is a Creator God even on the basis of probability and possibility.

Nature, in its variety and complexity, justifies the existence of a designer and builder.

Just as it is impossible for Toyota Car to comprehend the existence of Mr. Toyota, so it is impossible for man to 'discover' his creator.

God's existence is being denied by man because God had made him to be like Him, God, a rational being, rather than animals of instinct. There is no debate about the existence of God in the Animal Kingdom

the designer analogy is also bogus, to know something was designed, is to have knowledge of how it was designed and also to have knowledge of comparable depth to something that wasn't designed.

eg i know what a beautiful painting looks like, because i've seen ugly ones - if you tell me this universe was designed, then it means you've seen universes that wasn't designed

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by IamAtribalist: 4:02pm On Oct 04, 2015
cool Here is the answer to your question:

Scientists are trained to use their brain. Therefore, its hard for them to mix fairy tales with reality. Get it?

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by DedeNkem: 4:03pm On Oct 04, 2015
I have no problem with religious people for being religious, if the don't bring religion into the Science class. Keep your faith to yourself and don't try to impose it on others!

I'm agnostic for now untill I see a proof of anyy God's existence. I'm not gonna believe a book that was written by ancient people who thought the earth was flat and alone in the universe. They also thought the Moon shone its own light, and had no clue that Moon actually reflects Sun's light.

There are many things in the bible that make no sense at all!

Watch Richard Dawkins youtube videos about religion.
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 04, 2015
989900:
If we go to mars, Jupitar, or that Keplar planet tomorrow, and find a dilapidated building there with no occupant, what would be the general perception?

It just appeared a la 'small bang', or some thing(s) built it and left? And that is just a dilapidated building.

Now tell me more about that 'big bang' nonsense again.

A good number of scientist have moved away fron that theory though -- yes, it is senseless.

no good number of scientists have moved away from it, it is still the backbone of modern theoretical physics and there is evidence the big bang happened, do google the keywords "cosmic microwave background"

seriously though where do you people get your information from? or do you just make baseless assumptions about everything?
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:15pm On Oct 04, 2015
Joshuabase:

then how old is the earth? according to the bible?

The bible does not say how old the earth is

please do your own research.

Research about what exactly ?

if anything, this is evidence that you don't know how to read. i asked a question " are atoms alive?"

Ok ... I'm sorry ... Im asking you now ,atoms are alive ?

nothing exists outside of time and space, therefore your god is nothing

You have no understanding of what the universe is then

stephen hawking, - "because gravity exists, the universe, matter and energy can and will create itself from nothing"

don't argue without knowledge son

Even smart people say irrational things and make stu.pid decisions - fact cool . Stephen Hawking is not science . He just gave his opinion , an unreasonable one .

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:16pm On Oct 04, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Religion demands that you don't think or ask questions, Scientists think and ask questions. That's the different, Religion can only survive in the absent of curiosity, Just accepting everything hook line and sinker. Scientists(And probably the educated and logical people) are curious. They would always be two kinds of people in this world, Those who aren't curios and are submissive without questions, And those who must make sense out of everything. I am no scientists but i am glad to be among the curious ones, Somehow without any tragic events in my life, right when i was very young i just know the whole stuffs about a God and religion just doesn't make sense. It is a beautiful experience knowing you don't need to smash your head on the ground every hour, give out your savings to some clowns to buy private jets or keep waiting for a skydaddy to come rescue you out of your pathetic situation.

God is not a sky being grin

lolz
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:18pm On Oct 04, 2015
Joshuabase:

no good number of scientists have moved away from it, it is still the backbone of modern theoretical physics and there is evidence the big bang happened, do google the keywords "cosmic microwave background"

seriously though where do you people get your information from? or do you just make baseless assumptions about everything?

There is evidence the big bang happened and some atheist scientists are now proposing that the universe could be eternal- anything to exclude God
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 04, 2015
God defies logic. God does not implore scientification to create anything. By words, God creates stuff which defied logic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 04, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

The bible does not say how old the earth is

sigh

KingEbukasBlog:

Research about what exactly ?

[/qoute]

the theory of evolution and its evidences

[quote author=KingEbukasBlog post=38660282]

Ok ... I'm sorry ... Im asking you now ,atoms are alive ?

obviously they are not.

KingEbukasBlog:

You have no understanding of what the universe is then

son i have more knowledge of physics than you ever will have

nothing exists outside the universe ... there is no space,time,matter,energy or any form of energy field. can you imagine a place where there is no space? the 3 dimensional space you move about in? none of it exists outside the universe. therefore just as the number line is infinite. the universe is also infinite and both of them are contained within each other.

i also know that if a being that created this universe exists - ominipresent and all there would only be one religion. google the argument of locality.

KingEbukasBlog:

Even smart people say irrational things and make stu.pid decisions - fact cool . Stephen Hawking is not science . He just gave his opinion , an unreasonable one .

like you? although i'm not sure how smart you are if you think hawking's statement is irrational. it's obvious you don't know what gravity is or how it works, you think you do - but sorry you don't.
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:26pm On Oct 04, 2015
freecocoa:
How about us 'non- christians'? How do we believe in god?

By believing in Him
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by adejaresalami1(m): 4:27pm On Oct 04, 2015
Joshuabase:

life started from inorganic matter, darwin stated that in his theory. if you don't know that then you're as dumb as you are ignorant.
kindly explain how did the inorganic matter came to existense,its you that is dumb in this state because you fail to understand that there is a supernatural concept behind the existence of life, human brain has a limit that is why it can't comprehend the existence the one that sovereign the whole universe

Tell me why animals can differentiate right from wrong...its the intellect they possess, if its possible to tell a goat about the flying jet what do you think will be the response.
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 04, 2015
Omotolu:
God defies logic. God does not implore scientification to create anything. By words, God creates stuff which defied logic.

this is a question i like to ask all theists, have you personally seen the god you believe in?

if the answer is no, then shut the Bleep and go sit in a corner.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by cococandy(f): 4:29pm On Oct 04, 2015
Mindfulness:

Sorry? Stigma? Evident? Where? In the West or in Africa?

One of my dearest mentors, a natural scientist, who retired two years ago, said that his profession didn't make him believe less in a supreme form of intelligence but the more. The more he understood how beautifully and perfectly designed the universe is, the deeper his faith became. This man lives in a country where atheism is en vogue. This is an isolated case but there are plenty of scientists who share his view and those who don't, definitely don't hide them due to some imaginary stigma.

Science and religion are not mutually exclusive.

agree

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 04, 2015
adejaresalami1:
kindly explain how did the inorganic matter came to existense,its you that is dumb in this state because you fail to understand that there is a supernatural concept behind the existence of life, human brain has a limit that is why it can't comprehend the existence the one that sovereign the whole universe

Tell me why animals can differentiate right from wrong...its the intellect they possess, if its possible to tell a goat about the flying jet what do you think will be the response.

*big sigh*

all matter was created at the big bang - now let me tell you a fun fact

did you know that its actually possible to contain an infinite amount of matter/energy in a finite amount of space? this event is what is called "the singularity"

and this was what happened at the big bang. where did all the matter/energy that created the universe come from?

they didn't come from anywhere it's kinda hard to explain if you don't have any knowledge of quantum field fluctuations or black holes.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by 989900: 4:38pm On Oct 04, 2015
Joshuabase:

[s]no good number of scientists have moved away from it, it is still the backbone of modern theoretical physics and there is evidence the big bang happened, do google the keywords "cosmic microwave background"

seriously though where do you people get your information from? or do you just make baseless assumptions about everything?[/s]

The main point in my post is, logic and common sense.

Below are 2 submissions amongst many:

(Phys.org) —The universe may have existed forever, according to a new model that applies quantum correction terms to complement Einstein's theory of general relativity. The model may also account for dark matter and dark energy, resolving multiple problems at once.

The widely accepted age of the universe, as estimated by general relativity, is 13.8 billion years. In the beginning, everything in existence is thought to have occupied a single infinitely dense point, or singularity. Only after this point began to expand in a "Big Bang" did the universe officially begin.

Although the Big Bang singularity arises directly and unavoidably from the mathematics of general relativity, some scientists see it as problematic because the math can explain only what happened immediately after—not at or before—the singularity.

"The Big Bang singularity is the most serious problem of general relativity because the laws of physics appear to break down there,"
Ahmed Farag Ali at Benha University and the Zewail City of Science and Technology, both in Egypt, told Phys.org.

Scientists at Cern could prove the controversial theory of ‘rainbow gravity’ which suggests that the universe stretches back into time infinitely, with no Big Bang

The detection of miniature black holes by the Large Hadron Collider could prove the existence of parallel universes and show that the Big Bang did not happen, scientists believe.

The particle accelerator, which will be restarted this week, has already found the Higgs boson – the God Particle – which is thought to give mass to other particles.

Now scientists at Cern in Switzerland believe they might find miniature black holes which would reveal the existence of a parallel universe.

And if the holes are found at a certain energy, it could prove the controversial theory of ‘rainbow gravity’ which suggests that the universe stretches back into time infinitely with no singular point where it started, and no Big Bang.

BTW, personally, I am of the Einstein and Ernst Chain school of thought that, we know next to nothing yet about ourselves, organisms, the universe or multiverse.

Our 'knowledge' is ephemeral at best.

Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:39pm On Oct 04, 2015
Joshuabase:

obviously they are not.

So how exactly did life come from the non living ?

nothing exists outside the universe ... there is no space,time,matter,energy or any form of energy field. can you imagine a place where there is no space? the 3 dimensional space you move about in? none of it exists outside the universe. therefore just as the number line is infinite. the universe is also infinite and both of them are contained within each other.

1. First ask your self if God lives in the same dimension as us

2. Then ask if He exists in a material/physical world

3. And where the hell did you read that the universe is infinite . There is no proof to that claim . Please stop making inane assumptions cry
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 04, 2015
Joshuabase:

this is a question i like to ask all theists, have you personally seen the god you believe in?

if the answer is no, then shut the Bleep and go sit in a corner.
...I don't argue,fight for what I don't know. I don't insult other folk's opinion. That's theirs. And I don't impose my opinion on others. If you won't accept some reasonings until you see signs and wonders,that's your problem and business-that does not imply you are a fool. I am not a fanatic. I believe God should fight for Himself.
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by freecocoa(f): 4:44pm On Oct 04, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

By believing in Him
Lets pretend I'm a lost sinner, you are trying to win me to god, what would you say to me?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Court Orders Apostle Suleman To Pay Maureen Badejo £19k / What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? / "Buhari, Stop Fighting Corruption" - Prophet Ayodele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.