Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? (31864 Views)

Why Don't Camera Men Fall Under The Anointing? / You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) / Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:10am On Oct 05, 2015
freecocoa:
Seriously na, remember I'm a sinner who knows nada.

You are the worst evangelist ever.grin

Answer me jor, shey you want to argue with me, I'm here now.

Lolz

By God's grace , I'm just good at defending my belief in God . But there are people who are really good at preaching the gospel to sinners . cool
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:11am On Oct 05, 2015
freecocoa:
They are spreading the idea of a hate filled god that hates/belittles women and, infact is a monster, that can't be healthy, heck! It shouldn't even be legal.grinangry

Where exactly in the bible ?
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:12am On Oct 05, 2015
neoapocalypse:

It's clear you're the drunk one

Prove it
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by menesheh(m): 7:20am On Oct 05, 2015
AnnieOakley:

What do you know about the Law of First Mention?

Which of them (gods) laid claim to being the true God first?

So what. Law of first mention is intrinsic to a particular faith, you can't use that to account for others. Other god claims too have their own stuffs or could have laws (for lack of better a word) that they use to account for the truthfulness of their own religion.

Which of them didn't lay claim to being the true god first?

Hinduism is the oldest religion with the oldest surviving scriptural religion started 4000 year back in India. Its scriptures date back too well before any of the biblical texts.

Afterall that doesn't answer my question.
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 05, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Prove it

Now you want me to prove it , why don't you prove your God exist first
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by HALIPHAX(m): 8:15am On Oct 05, 2015
we humans ourselves are God..we just avnt discovered that yet...didnt the bible say 'for ye are gods' or didnt jesus himself say the things he does are something we ourself can do if we discover ourselves.....WATCH THE MOVIE LUCY AND ALSO TRY READING THE BOOK LOST SYMBOLS BY DAN BROWN ESP THE BOOK
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 05, 2015
Joshuabase:

keep wishing
...keep lamenting...

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by simplisity(m): 9:54am On Oct 05, 2015
In a nuttshell, is only a Fool that says, there is no God. Christians and other religions who believe in true God shld thank God for d grace and privildge he gave them. It takes the grace of God for some one to believe in God. Scientist lack d grace to believe in God, bcs of their ego, pride, and r wise in their own eyes.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by simplisity(m): 10:09am On Oct 05, 2015
osamaBUSH:
Science is all about making sense of things and frankly most things in religion don't make any sense unless ofcourse you put it up against another religion.
Hahaha! Ur funny. U think scientist r what they r today or made most of d discoveries they made today based on their strenth and might? Is jst that they lack d wisdom and grace to believe in God, bcs Satan has deprived them d opportunity thereby leading them astray to believe in the maker of Science. God is a mystry to them bcs they r wise in their own eyes. Most of them r occultic and doomed
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by simplisity(m): 10:12am On Oct 05, 2015
osamaBUSH:
Science is all about making sense of things and frankly most things in religion don't make any sense unless ofcourse you put it up against another religion.
Hahaha! Ur funny. U think scientist r what they r today or made most of d discoveries they made today based on their strenth and might?Virtualy God is d master fashioner of all they were and r today.Is jst that they lack d wisdom and grace to believe in God, bcs Satan has deprived them d opportunity thereby leading them astray to believe in the maker of Science. God is a mystry to them bcs they r wise in their own eyes. Most of them r occultic and doomed
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by HALIPHAX(m): 10:12am On Oct 05, 2015
simplisity:
In a nuttshell, is only a Fool that says, there is no God. Christians and other religions who believe in true God shld thank God for d grace and privildge he gave them. It takes the grace of God for some one to believe in God. Scientist lack d grace to believe in God, bcs of their ego, pride, and r wise in their own eyes.
actually the scientirt raw the truth if u take time to brood over the bible teaching and apply sense u wuld see the loop holes
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by simplisity(m): 11:14am On Oct 05, 2015
HALIPHAX:
actually the scientirt raw the truth if u take time to brood over the bible teaching and apply sense u wuld see the loop holes
who made the truth the scientist raw, as u said?
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by free37: 11:49am On Oct 05, 2015
Hmm....
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by HALIPHAX(m): 12:01pm On Oct 05, 2015
simplisity:
who made the truth the scientist raw, as u said?
i believed u must av watched the movie LUCY...if u avnt try to..lemme answer ur qestion .....god as u all kwn is not actually some spirt being.God is actually the human brain...when u av intelligence like most scientist do and have read some articles on things like evolution,apoethesis,neotic science...etc...u wuld kwn that the human brain ir actually as powerful as the god we all imagine
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by osamaBUSH(m): 12:52pm On Oct 05, 2015
simplisity:
Hahaha! Ur funny. U think scientist r what they r today or made most of d discoveries they made today based on their strenth and might?Virtualy God is d master fashioner of all they were and r today.Is jst that they lack d wisdom and grace to believe in God, bcs Satan has deprived them d opportunity thereby leading them astray to believe in the maker of Science. God is a mystry to them bcs they r wise in their own eyes. Most of them r occultic and doomed
The precision with which God has made and placed everything in place is just a testament to Him being perfect. But like you said the grace to understand this have eluded most scientist.
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by gatoyi: 1:06pm On Oct 05, 2015
simplisity:

Then may we remain fools. We're the fools that invented the medicine you take when you come down with malaria. Next time you're ill, forego our foolish medicine and stick with prayer - see how long you last. We're the fools working on eradicating aids, cancer, heart disease - which, if we're successful, will save millions of lives a year. We're the fools whose vaccines are the reason so many children are alive today. We're the fools who have figured out the reason behind tsunamis and earthquakes, and have been able to put warnings in place for the former, saving even more lives.

But science can't solve everything. Science has only given man more tools - to do good (medicine, vaccines), or evil (guns, bombs). But where religion could have triumphed - in foistering morality, and enabling man to use science for good, not evil, it has failed woefully. It might preach love...it's so very good at preaching, but it never acts that way, does it? If it did, the most religious countries would be the safest, nicest places to be (even if they're won't be the most scientifically advanced), but what we get is the complete opposite. That should tell you something....that religion is all in your collective heads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by simplisity(m): 1:33pm On Oct 05, 2015
HALIPHAX:
i believed u must av watched the movie LUCY...if u avnt try to..lemme answer ur qestion .....god as u all kwn is not actually some spirt being.God is actually the human brain...when u av intelligence like most scientist do and have read some articles on things like evolution,apoethesis,neotic science...etc...u wuld kwn that the human brain ir actually as powerful as the god we all imagine
U have not actualy answered my question. I asked u, who made d truth d scientist r working on or raw which they made most of their discoveries? If scientist can work on d truth, that d earth revolves around d sun. Who made d earth to be revolvin around d sun? They dont jst made their discoveries on a hollow, they made most of their discoveries on already an existing truth. D gravitational force, the law of relativity, etc. Solomon d wisest man ever said that, nothing is new under d sun. Aeroplane was made based on d study and experiment how d birds fly, the same with other moving machines r built based on thorough study of movement of one animal and d onather. Even robots today r built based on d study of human anatomy. The problem they have is that, they r givin d most opportunity to know and appreciate God's handwork, but bcs of their ego and pride Satan d father of deception now toke d advantage of them thereby depriving them d wisdom and d grace to know and appreciate God, the maker of all things including science. They now take what their mind can produce as their gods. If Eintein, newton, faraday, etc had d opportunity to come back aftr death, they would tell u that, their is a supreme being called God and that they have guffed big time by not believing in Him.
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by simplisity(m): 2:02pm On Oct 05, 2015
gatoyi:

Then may we remain fools. We're the fools that invented the medicine you take when you come down with malaria. Next time you're ill, forego our foolish medicine and stick with prayer - see how long you last. We're the fools working on eradicating aids, cancer, heart disease - which, if we're successful, will save millions of lives a year. We're the fools whose vaccines are the reason so many children are alive today. We're the fools who have figured out the reason behind tsunamis and earthquakes, and have been able to put warnings in place for the former, saving even more lives.

But science can't solve everything. Science has only given man more tools - to do good (medicine, vaccines), or evil (guns, bombs). But where religion could have triumphed - in foistering morality, and enabling man to use science for good, not evil, it has failed woefully. It might preach love...it's so very good at preaching, but it never acts that way, does it? If it did, the most religious countries would be the safest, nicest places to be (even if they're won't be the most scientifically advanced), but what we get is the complete opposite. That should tell you something....that religion is all in your collective heads.
Hahaha! Lets jst leave religion in this matter. Let me ask u two questions. Do u think scientist, Doctors per say made all these discoveries of medicine and all those things u mention based only on their human efforts and wisdom? If yes then, who made all d herbs and resources they use to make d medicine and all those things u mentioned? Bcs naturaly, virtualy everything has a source or foundation. Science cant make their discoveries on a hollow. All discoveries were made on existing truth, thats y Solomon d wisest man ever afrtr Christ said that, nothing is new under d sun. Our fore-fathers when there was no science were able to heal themselves with herbs better now we have fake drugs everywhere. It is not a matter of passing through d university, bcs most of d scientist which r science initiators did not go to school or r school drop outs.
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by simplisity(m): 2:06pm On Oct 05, 2015
HALIPHAX:
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by gatoyi: 2:46pm On Oct 05, 2015
simplisity:
Hahaha! Lets jst leave religion in this matter. Let me ask u two questions. Do u think scientist, Doctors per say made all these discoveries of medicine and all those things u mention based only on their human efforts and wisdom? If yes then, who made all d herbs and resources they use to make d medicine and all those things u mentioned? Bcs naturaly, virtualy everything has a source or foundation. Science cant make their discoveries on a hollow. All discoveries were made on existing truth, thats y Solomon d wisest man ever afrtr Christ said that, nothing is new under d sun. Our fore-fathers when there was no science were able to heal themselves with herbs better now we have fake drugs everywhere. It is not a matter of passing through d university, bcs most of d scientist which r science initiators did not go to school or r school drop outs.

Yes - I think they made it based on their human efforts and wisdom. Otherwise, it would have been priests, bishops, imams and rabbis etc making these discoveries. But in reality, when scientists like Galileo dared to say that it was the earth that revolved around the sun, it was the church that went about persecuting him and trying to denounce his evidence-based assertions.

Who made these things? you ask. The laws of nature - that's who (or what). Because if God did, and you claim to know him, then what stopped his from revealing the truth of his creation to his followers? Hmmmm? To the people who suffered from leprosy when Jesus allegedly walked the earth, I recall zero passages in the Bible, zero!, that went something like..."oh, leprosy just happens because of these little microscopic organism invisible to the naked eye called bacteria...some antibiotics from this soil fungi will clear that right up..." Hmmmm? And the kid suffering from epilepsy that was mistaken for demonic possession? Hmmmm? The clues are all around you, but the religious are willfully blind to it.

PS: Who said anything about a formal education? The point is that the knowledge that has helped us move forward as a society has NEVER come from divine revelation, but from earthly, human abilities! But you test it out - next time you're seriously ill, forgo medicine - whether modern or traditional and stick to prayer. You KNOW as well as I do, that you will likely DIE.
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by Anas09: 5:05pm On Oct 05, 2015
I have read through page 1 to 7. I have not seen one Atheist, only Jehovah haters. because, the so called Atheist even back other gods against the Abrahamic God. Pls try to as urselves why that is.

God is God, whether he is good or bad. Just like someone said, "A Painting has a painter, whether its a good or bad painting".
But wen you begin to count the evils of God then on that Premise you say there's no God, that makes you a FOOL.

If there's no God, then there's no God. That shd be it. Move along.

It seems we choke you with our God talk because you are always here. You won't be choked if u confind urself to the Science section. There's no God, but U won't leave the Religion section, what are u guys scared of?

I watched a Movie "The Book Thieve" Death's perspective, its own side of the story. Death is always near looking for whom to kill, yet Death confesses that it is HUNTED by Man.
In this case u are like Death and the Christians(I will not say the religious, because u guys don't ve any ish with other gods), are like MAN. You have all the power, and proves, yet you guys are so hunted by us, that whereever we gather to talk abt our God, you are there. A clear case of when Sons of God gathered, Satan also came.
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by ghostofsparta(m): 5:24pm On Oct 05, 2015
AnnieOakley:

It goes back to the question: Why don't scientists believe in God, the true God?

Here are preambles to your answer : link 1 link 2

HALIPHAX:
Yeah that's more like it. @the bolded to me somehow has to do with every supernatural things achieved via our indigenous and esoteric advanced system.

gatoyi:

Leave this brainwashed non-thinkers be before they drag this into god of the gap to which even, our agents indigenous/native system has achieved, just waiting for science to explain it na ni.
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by simplisity(m): 5:41pm On Oct 05, 2015
gatoyi:

Yes - I think they made it based on their human efforts and wisdom. Otherwise, it would have been priests, bishops, imams and rabbis etc making these discoveries. But in reality, when scientists like Galileo dared to say that it was the earth that revolved around the sun, it was the church that went about persecuting him and trying to denounce his evidence-based assertions.

Who made these things? you ask. The laws of nature - that's who (or what). Because if God did, and you claim to know him, then what stopped his from revealing the truth of his creation to his followers? Hmmmm? To the people who suffered from leprosy when Jesus allegedly walked the earth, I recall zero passages in the Bible, zero!, that went something like..."oh, leprosy just happens because of these little microscopic organism invisible to the naked eye called bacteria...some antibiotics from this soil fungi will clear that right up..." Hmmmm? And the kid suffering from epilepsy that was mistaken for demonic possession? Hmmmm? The clues are all around you, but the religious are willfully blind to it.

PS: Who said anything about a formal education? The point is that the knowledge that has helped us move forward as a society has NEVER come from divine revelation, but from earthly, human abilities! But you test it out - next time you're seriously ill, forgo medicine - whether modern or traditional and stick to prayer. You KNOW as well as I do, that you will likely DIE.
May be u r not well informed. Who discovered d genetic law? Who is Mendel and his contribution in d world of medicine. Pls, make a research, although let me not waste time. He is a monk priest, who made his discoveries by God's divine inspiration, i jst want to discount wat u said about d religios. American is what they r today bcs of d scientific contributions of d Jews and historicaly according to d scriptures, they r what they r today bcs of God's divine inspiration and blessing upon their life which was laid down frm generation to generation starting frm when God blessed Abraham and told him that in him all nations shall be blessed. They r peculiar and unique peopl on this earth bcs of God's blessing upon their life and the whole world, especialy the Americans. My brother, have u asked urself, Y Americans rely soo much on jews and r alwas ready to protect them. Do u think Americans dont abide by d bible laws and principles, they r my brother and is wking for them. Search and read original book of Solomon, u will understnd that scientificaly, he made beter discoveries more than most scientist and all these r through God's divine inspirations. My brother, my prayer is that God will open ur inner eyes to see dat virtualy everytin revolves around Him and dat nothing exist without Him. U have not realy answered my question, who made d truth or d nature d scientist based all their invention? Or r they jst hangin there wth no source of existence? Only a fool will say yes.
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 05, 2015
Mindfulness:

And?

And what?
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 05, 2015
MRBrownJ:
“I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.”
by Albert Einstein

“A man’s ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.”
by Albert Einstein

“Where knowledge ends, religion begins.”
by Benjamin Disraeli

“Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions.”
by Blaise Pascal

“Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.”
by Chapman Cohen

“What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”
by Christopher Hitchens

“I do not believe in God because I do not believe in the Tooth Fairy.”
by Clarence Darrow

“I have observed that the world has suffered far less from ignorance than from pretensions to knowledge. It is not skeptics or explorers but fanatics and ideologues who menace decency and progress. No agnostic ever burned anyone at the stake or tortured a pagan, a heretic, or an unbeliever.”
by Daniel Boorstin

“In fact, when you get right down to it, almost every explanation man came up with for anything until about 1926 was stupid.”
by Dave Barry

“Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people.”
by David Viaene

“I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence.”
by Doug McLeod

“The meaning of life is that it stops”
by Frank Kafka

“Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions.”
by Frater Ravus

“The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one.”
by George Bernard Shaw

“Atheism: A non-prophet organization.”
by George Carlin

“Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story. Holy Shit!”
by George Carlin

“I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.”
by George Carlin

“History teaches us that no other cause has brought more death than the word of god.”
by Giulian Buzila

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
by Greek Philosopher

“Religion is like a virus that affects the behavior of its host in such a way as to propagate itself further.”
by Jack Pritchard

“The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear.

by Jiddu Krishnamurti

“A belief which leaves no place for doubt is not a belief; it is a superstition.”
by José Bergamín

“It ain’t those parts of the Bible that I can’t understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand.”
by Mark Twain

“I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m ‘bad’.”
by Mike Fuhrman

“Organized Religion is like Organized Crime; it preys on peoples’ weakness, generates huge profits for its operators, and is almost impossible to eradicate.”
by Mike Hermann

“Believing there is no God gives me more room for belief in family, people, love, truth, beauty, sex, Jell-o, and all the other things I can prove and that make this life the best life I will ever have.”
by Penn Jillette

“Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence.”
by Richard Dawkins

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”
by Richard Dawkins

“I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.”
by Richard Dawkins

“If the Bible and my brain are both the work of the same Infinite God, whose fault is it that the book and my brain do not agree?”
by Robert G. Ingersoll

“Animals do not have gods, they are smarter than that.”
by Ronnie Snow

“If God created the world, then who created God? And who created whoever created God? So somewhere along the line something had to just be there. So why can’t we just skip the idea of God and go straight to Earth?”
by Ryan Hanson

“If we expect God to subscribe to one religion at the exclusion of all the others, then we should expect damnation as a matter of chance. This should give Christians pause when expounding their religious beliefs, but it does not.”
by Sam Harris

“When a man is freed of religion, he has a better chance to live a normal and wholesome life.”
by Sigmund Freud

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
by Stephen Roberts

“Today’s religion will be the future’s mythology. Both believed at one time by many; but proved wrong by the clever.”
by Steven Crocker

“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
by Steven Weinberg

“The question of whether there exists a Creator and Ruler of the Universe has been answered in the affirmative by some of the highest intellects that have ever existed.”

–Charles Darwin, the founder of evolutionary biology, as cited in his book Descent of Man.

“This sense of wonder leads most scientists to a Superior Being – der Alte, the Old One, as Einstein affectionately called the Deity – a Superior Intelligence, the Lord of all Creation and Natural Law.”

—Abdus Salam, winner of the 1979 Nobel Prize in Physics for his work in electroweak theory. He is here quoted in his article entitled Science and Religion.

“A scientific discovery is also a religious discovery. There is no conflict between science and religion. Our knowledge of God is made larger with every discovery we make about the world.”

–Joseph H. Taylor, Jr., who received the 1993 Nobel Prize in Physics for the discovery of the first known binary pulsar, and for his work which supported the Big Bang theory of the creation of the universe.

“The more I study science, the more I believe in God.”

–Albert Einstein

(The Wall Street Journal, Dec 24, 1997, article by Jim Holt, “Science Resurrects God.”)

“God [is] the author of the universe, and the free establisher of the laws of motion.”

—Physicist and chemist Robert Boyle, who is considered to be the founder of modern chemistry.

“It may seem bizarre, but in my opinion science offers a surer path to God than religion.”

–Physicist Paul Davies, the winner of the 2001 Kelvin Medal issued by the Institute of Physics and the winner of the 2002 Faraday Prize issued by the Royal Society (amongst other awards), as cited in his book God and the New Physics.

“Astronomers now find they have painted themselves into a corner because they have proven, by their own methods, that the world began abruptly in an act of creation to which you can trace the seeds of every star, every planet, every living thing in this cosmos and on the earth. And they have found that all this happened as a product of forces they cannot hope to discover…. That there are what I or anyone would call supernatural forces at work is now, I think, a scientifically proven fact.”

–Astronomer, physicist and founder of NASA’s Goddard Institute of Space Studies Robert Jastrow. Please see Jastrow’s book God and the Astronomers for further reading.

“I believe that the more thoroughly science is studied, the further does it take us from anything comparable to atheism.”

“If you study science deep enough and long enough, it will force you to believe in God.”

—Lord William Kelvin, who was noted for his theoretical work on thermodynamics, the concept of absolute zero and the Kelvin temperature scale based upon it.

“The fanatical atheists are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures who – in their grudge against traditional religion as the ‘opium of the masses’ – cannot hear the music of the spheres.”

—Albert Einstein

“God created everything by number, weight and measure.”

“In the absence of any other proof, the thumb alone would convince me of God’s existence.”

“I have a fundamental belief in the Bible as the Word of God, written by those who were inspired. I study the Bible daily.”

—Sir Isaac Newton, who is widely regarded to have been the greatest scientist the world has ever produced.

“Both religion and science require a belief in God. For believers, God is in the beginning, and for physicists He is at the end of all considerations… To the former He is the foundation, to the latter, the crown of the edifice of every generalized world view.”

“There can never be any real opposition between religion and science; for the one is the complement of the other. Every serious and reflective person realizes, I think, that the religious element in his nature must be recognized and cultivated if all the powers of the human soul are to act together in perfect balance and harmony. And indeed it was not by accident that the greatest thinkers of all ages were deeply religious souls.”

—Max Planck, the Nobel Prize winning physicist considered to be the founder of quantum theory, and one of the most important physicists of the 20th century, indeed of all time.

Religion and Natural Science (Lecture Given 1937) Scientific Autobiography and Other Papers, trans. F. Gaynor (New York, 1949), pp. 184

“As we conquer peak after peak we see in front of us regions full of interest and beauty, but we do not see our goal, we do not see the horizon; in the distance tower still higher peaks, which will yield to those who ascend them still wider prospects, and deepen the feeling, the truth of which is emphasized by every advance in science, that ‘Great are the Works of the Lord’.”

—Sir Joseph J. Thomson, Nobel Prize winning physicist, discoverer of the electron, founder of atomic physics.

“The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power.”

–Nikola Tesla, the inventor and futurist scientist known for numerous inventions, but best known for his contributions to the design of the modern alternating current (AC) electrical supply system. Tesla was the winner of: Edison Medal (1916); Elliott Cresson Medal (1894); John Scott Medal (1934)

“I have looked into most philosophical systems and I have seen that none will work without God.”

“Science is incompetent to reason upon the creation of matter itself out of nothing. We have reached the utmost limit of our thinking faculties when we have admitted that because matter cannot be eternal and self-existent it must have been created.”

—Physicist and mathematician James Clerk Maxwell, who is credited with formulating classical electromagnetic theory and whose contributions to science are considered to be of the same magnitude to those of Einstein and Newton.

“For myself, faith begins with a realization that a supreme intelligence brought the universe into being and created man. It is not difficult for me to have this faith, for it is incontrovertible that where there is a plan there is intelligence—an orderly, unfolding universe testifies to the truth of the most majestic statement ever uttered—-‘In the beginning God.'”

“Science can have no quarrel with a religion which postulates a God to whom men are His children.”

—Arthur Compton, winner of the 1927 Nobel Prize in Physics for his discovery of the Compton Effect.

“Those who say that the study of science makes a man an atheist must be rather silly.”

“Something which is against natural laws seems to me rather out of the question because it would be a depressive idea about God. It would make God smaller than he must be assumed. When he stated that these laws hold, then they hold, and he wouldn’t make exceptions. This is too human an idea. Humans do such things, but not God.”

–Nobel Prize winning physicist Max Born, who was instrumental in the development of quantum mechanics.

“God is a mathematician of a very high order and He used advanced mathematics in constructing the universe.”

–Nobel Prize winning physicist Paul A. M. Dirac, who made crucial early contributions to both quantum mechanics and quantum electrodynamics.

“The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you.”

“In the history of science, ever since the famous trial of Galileo, it has repeatedly been claimed that scientific truth cannot be reconciled with the religious interpretation of the world. Although I am now convinced that scientific truth is unassailable in its own field, I have never found it possible to dismiss the content of religious thinking as simply part of an outmoded phase in the consciousness of mankind, a part we shall have to give up from now on. Thus in the course of my life I have repeatedly been compelled to ponder on the relationship of these two regions of thought, for I have never been able to doubt the reality of that to which they point.”

—Werner Heisenberg, who was awarded the 1932 Nobel Prize in Physics for the creation of quantum mechanics (which is absolutely crucial to modern science).

“I’m not an atheist, and I don’t think I can call myself a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the books but doesn’t know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God.”

—Albert Einstein, as cited in Antony Flew’s book, There Is A God: How the World’s Most Notorious Atheist Changed His Mind.
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by simplisity(m): 8:52pm On Oct 05, 2015
gatoyi:

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by macof(m): 10:51pm On Oct 05, 2015
AnnieOakley:

It goes back to the question: Why don't scientists believe in God, the true God?

How does any God become the true God? Who's the fake God? Allah?
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by gatoyi: 11:46pm On Oct 05, 2015
simplisity:
May be u r not well informed. Who discovered d genetic law? Who is Mendel and his contribution in d world of medicine. Pls, make a research, although let me not waste time. He is a monk priest, who made his discoveries by God's divine inspiration, i jst want to discount wat u said about d religios. American is what they r today bcs of d scientific contributions of d Jews and historicaly according to d scriptures, they r what they r today bcs of God's divine inspiration and blessing upon their life which was laid down frm generation to generation starting frm when God blessed Abraham and told him that in him all nations shall be blessed. They r peculiar and unique peopl on this earth bcs of God's blessing upon their life and the whole world, especialy the Americans. My brother, have u asked urself, Y Americans rely soo much on jews and r alwas ready to protect them. Do u think Americans dont abide by d bible laws and principles, they r my brother and is wking for them. Search and read original book of Solomon, u will understnd that scientificaly, he made beter discoveries more than most scientist and all these r through God's divine inspirations. My brother, my prayer is that God will open ur inner eyes to see dat virtualy everytin revolves around Him and dat nothing exist without Him. U have not realy answered my question, who made d truth or d nature d scientist based all their invention? Or r they jst hangin there wth no source of existence? Only a fool will say yes.

Lol - just because someone is a monk makes what they do by divine inspiration? I guess the priests who raped little children also did so by divine inspiration. And the pastors who bleed their followers dry also do so by divine inspiration. As for the Jews, where was God when they were being massacred in concentration camps during the holocaust? Mtcheeew! They do well as a society because they apply themselves! Plain and simple. They don't sit around waiting for "God" to save them or God to help them. I pity whoever willingly worships a God that picks favorites amongst his children, especially when you're apparently not amongst those favourites. Some people used the very scriptures you love so dearly and that same mentality to justify the slavery of your ancestors. Emancipate yourself from mental slavery! And I have answered you question - only a fool will believe that because something exists, it has to be "created" by some creature. If you believe that, then tell me the who created your God? My eyes have been opened - I don't sit around waiting for God to save me. He couldn't save 6 million of his darlings from the gas chamber.
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by simplisity(m): 10:17am On Oct 06, 2015
gatoyi:

Lol - just because someone is a monk makes what they do by divine inspiration? I guess the priests who raped little children also did so by divine inspiration. And the pastors who bleed their followers dry also do so by divine inspiration. As for the Jews, where was God when they were being massacred in concentration camps during the holocaust? Mtcheeew! They do well as a society because they apply themselves! Plain and simple. They don't sit around waiting for "God" to save them or God to help them. I pity whoever willingly worships a God that picks favorites amongst his children, especially when you're apparently not amongst those favourites. Some people used the very scriptures you love so dearly and that same mentality to justify the slavery of your ancestors. Emancipate yourself from mental slavery! And I have answered you question - only a fool will believe that because something exists, it has to be "created" by some creature. If you believe that, then tell me the who created your God? My eyes have been opened - I don't sit around waiting for God to save me. He couldn't save 6 million of his darlings from the gas chamber.
The worst thing that will happen to any man is, when u know d truth, u deviate frm it. U cant light a candle and cover it with a bushel, then wat d essence of lighting it. I can understnd where ur problm lies. It is a mystry to u for u to believe or understand that their is an uncreated supreme being whom everytin revolves around. Do u believe in d existence of d spernatural? Do u believe that there is an unseen beings. Do u believe in urself? If u believe in urself, i wander y u find it very hard to believe that, there is existence of Supreme being. I want to let u know that, u dont use logic on nature and d truth that exist, for example that ur eyes r meant to see, ur nose is meant to breath etc the whole world knew about that, so u dont argue weder d eyes r actualy meant to see. It is an act of folly, if i may say. U said bf and i quote u, that y God is not revealing some of d invention to His priest, Bishop etc, i mentioned Mendel to u as a monk priest inspired by God, ur now using logic on somtin u dont know about, by sayin dat his a monk priest doesnt mean dat his inspired by God. This is a big problm wit scientist, they argue on things they dont know. U cant know everytin no one is perfect, even their so call inventions and machines fail somtimes. If they claim perfect, y havnt they stop tsunami, earthqake, accident, cure to Aid, bein able to produce real blood, heart, etc. My brother am jst tryin to instil d truth in u, as long as u embrace d truth, humble ur self and reject any spirit of doubt about God, the truth shall set u free frm, D more u look d less u see, mental slavery per say. U asked me y God allowed His peopl to be killed. It is also a mystry to u y God allows all those evil to happen to His peopl. Our God is soo merciful, His mercy is beyond any evil u can think of, so He gives Grace to d Evil peopl to repent of their evil, and He prepared a better place for His peopl killed or murdered. So my brother, they r in a beter place in Heaven. Our God is a perfect God. He made and allows everytin for a purpose.
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by HALIPHAX(m): 12:14pm On Oct 06, 2015
To go on with dis arguement will only go on and on jst lyk it has being goin on for years....personaly i strongly believe evolution is the true principle for the origin for mankind,..the brain is what i would acknowledged as a god if the need be..the only reason religion strives is mainly because the human fears what it does not know..we see the vastness of the world and believe some super creature must have just created out of mere words...how intelligent does that even sound.........THAT THE MAIN DIFFERENCE BTW RELIGION AND SCIENCE...SCIENCE IS BASED ON FACT WHILE RELIGION IS TO ACCEPT ANY COCK AND BULL STORY AS IT IS BEEN TOLD

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 06, 2015
simplisity:
The worst thing that will happen to any man is, when u know d truth, u deviate frm it. U cant light a candle and cover it with a bushel, then wat d essence of lighting it. I can understnd where ur problm lies. It is a mystry to u for u to believe or understand that their is an uncreated supreme being whom everytin revolves around. Do u believe in d existence of d spernatural? Do u believe that there is an unseen beings. Do u believe in urself? If u believe in urself, i wander y u find it very hard to believe that, there is existence of Supreme being. I want to let u know that, u dont use logic on nature and d truth that exist, for example that ur eyes r meant to see, ur nose is meant to breath etc the whole world knew about that, so u dont argue weder d eyes r actualy meant to see. It is an act of folly, if i may say. U said bf and i quote u, that y God is not revealing some of d invention to His priest, Bishop etc, i mentioned Mendel to u as a monk priest inspired by God, ur now using logic on somtin u dont know about, by sayin dat his a monk priest doesnt mean dat his inspired by God. This is a big problm wit scientist, they argue on things they dont know. U cant know everytin no one is perfect, even their so call inventions and machines fail somtimes. If they claim perfect, y havnt they stop tsunami, earthqake, accident, cure to Aid, bein able to produce real blood, heart, etc. My brother am jst tryin to instil d truth in u, as long as u embrace d truth, humble ur self and reject any spirit of doubt about God, the truth shall set u free frm, D more u look d less u see, mental slavery per say. U asked me y God allowed His peopl to be killed. It is also a mystry to u y God allows all those evil to happen to His peopl. Our God is soo merciful, His mercy is beyond any evil u can think of, so He gives Grace to d Evil peopl to repent of their evil, and He prepared a better place for His peopl killed or murdered. So my brother, they r in a beter place in Heaven. Our God is a perfect God. He made and allows everytin for a purpose.

it should be illegal for people with your beliefs to walk around in society
Re: Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 06, 2015
Mindfulness:

Cool.

My condolences for the hamster.
grin

Accepted. I sense an undertone of amusement, which is fine. We buried it in my folks' backyard and they also thought it was insane, so I get it (especially when they saw the 'grave site' below). On a serious note, I don't recommend hamsters as pets for young children due to their short lifespan, and having to explain the finality of death perhaps too early.

Moving on, in reference to America, do you truly believe atheism is en vogue here? Or were you speaking from a purely European perspective as I suspected?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Can One Get Morning Water At The Synagogue Church? / Court Orders Apostle Suleman To Pay Maureen Badejo £19k / What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.