Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

Devil And The Red Sea - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Devil And The Red Sea (1093 Views)

She Says I Am A Devil But Was I Wrong To Do It To Her? / My Best Friend's Fiancee - The Girl In The Red Dress! By Lola.luv / Torn Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea:what Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Devil And The Red Sea by gentledove(f): 12:30pm On Apr 20, 2009
I need your candid opinion.  my friend has been going out with this guy for four years.  he carries his family more than anything.  anytime the issue of getting accommodation comes up, he wants to call a family meeting before getting his flat.  he listens more to the mother.  anytime the mum comes visiting, the two people must have issues to settle whenever the mum leaves.  they are both christians.  the guy is 33 while the lady is 29.  the most painful thing now is that after the lady's junior sister got married, the guy told her that he should give him one more year to complete his professional exams then they will start planning marriage.

my own observations:

1.  the guy is afraid of commitment
2.  he is too independent and does not want to settle down now not to talk of the next  years
3.  my friend's parent kept calling me to advise her to leave the guy.  she is not getting younger and if anything happens after marriage as per child bearing, the guy will marry another woman
4.  my friend loves the guy
5.  the guy 'loves' her
6.  the guy's parent claimed to love the lady
7.  yet anytime the guy talks, he stresses that the parents want him to finish his exams before marriage
8.  he claimed the parents have nothing against my friend.  infact they call her at eery given opportunity to wish her well
9. the lady is a graduate. earns times two of the guy's salary
10. the guy is yet to finish school (200 level)
11. the guy showed the lady's appointment letter to the mum and i sensed that was where the problem started from

Now, do you advise she wait for the guy and face the battle of persuading her own parent to agree with her decision
                          OR
leave the guy and move on with life?
Re: Devil And The Red Sea by romsky: 12:33pm On Apr 20, 2009
obviously he is still tied to his momma's apron & nids to mature
Re: Devil And The Red Sea by gentledove(f): 12:36pm On Apr 20, 2009
At 33? i asked my friend to leave and leave fast. she cried throughout the nite. asking where she would start from and how she would face her family members to tell them she had left the guy. i am kinda confused o. me i dont know what else to tell someone like this
Re: Devil And The Red Sea by romsky: 12:42pm On Apr 20, 2009
but he isnt ready to make her an honorable woman
Re: Devil And The Red Sea by gentledove(f): 12:50pm On Apr 20, 2009
thank you jare. i have told her this. the guy is not ready. move ahead. your own bone will locate you. but she still kept on crying. this kind love na wa o
Re: Devil And The Red Sea by Youngpo413: 10:43pm On Sep 10, 2014
Sad
Re: Devil And The Red Sea by Youngpo413: 10:50pm On Sep 10, 2014
gentledove: I need your candid opinion.  my friend has been going out with this guy for four years.  he carries his family more than anything.  anytime the issue of getting accommodation comes up, he wants to call a family meeting before getting his flat.  he listens more to the mother.  anytime the mum comes visiting, the two people must have issues to settle whenever the mum leaves.  they are both christians.  the guy is 33 while the lady is 29.  the most painful thing now is that after the lady's junior sister got married, the guy told her that he should give him one more year to complete his professional exams then they will start planning marriage.

my own observations:

1.  the guy is afraid of commitment
2.  he is too independent and does not want to settle down now not to talk of the next  years
3.  my friend's parent kept calling me to advise her to leave the guy.  she is not getting younger and if anything happens after marriage as per child bearing, the guy will marry another woman
4.  my friend loves the guy
5.  the guy 'loves' her
6.  the guy's parent claimed to love the lady
7.  yet anytime the guy talks, he stresses that the parents want him to finish his exams before marriage
8.  he claimed the parents have nothing against my friend.  infact they call her at eery given opportunity to wish her well
9. the lady is a graduate. earns times two of the guy's salary
10. the guy is yet to finish school (200 level)
11. the guy showed the lady's appointment letter to the mum and i sensed that was where the problem started from

Now, do you advise she wait for the guy and face the battle of persuading her own parent to agree with her decision
                          OR
leave the guy and move on with life?

I hope she is now married with kids?
Re: Devil And The Red Sea by Steezz(m): 1:46am On Sep 20, 2015
Gentledove awfar? Hope she is HAPPILY married now?

(1) (Reply)

If It Happens To A Guy 'he Is Cheating'; If Its A Lady 'its From The Toilet' / . / Guys Do You Ever Believe A Girl Can:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.