Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. (66833 Views)

A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief / Which Comes First, Religion Or Tribe? / Communication With GOD Vs Dogs: Benefits So Far: You Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by youngambi(m): 7:12am On Oct 09, 2015
bro ah swear lemme tell u sumin ....I m a xtian n m frm d north, Kaduna to b precise....i hv bin tu almost d walls of d 3 major ethnic groups of naija..i can confidently tell u sumtin, i knw dat an hausa man doesnt ply wit his religiom...no matter how close u r wit im, dnt jst joke wit his religion or else.........but outsyd dat an Hausa man is one of d best ppl u can roll wit..
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by xmohits(m): 7:19am On Oct 09, 2015
Tell your ppl in the North the mentality is the different you guy's leave trade and build houses and nobody cares
Ask your self in your land is it the same situation... Learn to understand us.
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Vikto: 7:32am On Oct 09, 2015
I AM PROUD TO BE A NIGERIAN. GOD WILL PUNISH ALL THOSE THAT TRY TO TEAR THIS COUNTRY APART FOR THEIR SELFISH INTERESTS USING ALL MANNER OF UNFOUNDED REASONS. MAY THEY NEVER SUCCEED BY THE GRACE OF GOD.

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Skillz0355: 7:33am On Oct 09, 2015
True talk baba........
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by ochestraone(m): 7:35am On Oct 09, 2015
advocates:
Oche, anole? great to hear a fellow brother. Idomas I know, are detribalize and i'm not surprise you are one of them. With such ethnic group couple with the Edos I love so much and of course the Yorubas, and some other tribes from the middle belt, no force hatch from hell can undermine the unity of this great country.

We all know the enemy of the state and their venomous tribal remarks of recent bent to disorganised the stability of our darling country, but God pass them.

We will continue to stand in unity regardless of some hired miscreants unleashed to create chaos. Our resolve should be to continue this gospel of unity until it hypnotise every youth. I go sponsor that hit when you release am.
it brings solace to know that ur part of peace, thank soo much my brother, i will drop the song anytime soon, operaton say no to crisis, that should be our movement now
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by faaz24: 7:50am On Oct 09, 2015
kokoye:
I stopped commenting on Nairaland (don't ask why) but this thread deserves to be appreciated.

@ op, thank you
yes the thread deserves all the good comments, let's sheath our swords..... God bless Nigeria
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Dottune(m): 7:51am On Oct 09, 2015
Mprepz:
Shut upppp!!!! Before thunda strikes you there! Stp spilling trash!
Lol, there's no reason for you to cry. I only said the truth, its good if we realise it
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by udysweet(f): 7:52am On Oct 09, 2015
Wow,that's one man with a very large heart. Not all are like that. I did also enjoy something like this too during my NYSC year in Sokoto state. Time and space won't permit me to write out my long essay but I must say I got a father in a man named Engr Haleeru(yes he calls me his daughter o) I became part of his family evn tho I am ibibio and a christian! And then one of my younger broda(yes I call him dat) Mujitaba who calls me so frequently to ask "aunty how are u doing" that I feel ashamed not keeping up too by calling him.
These two made me undertsnad dat religion never really matters.
I hope to take a trip to Sokoto som day(if I gather d liver again,lol) jus to visit dis pple. Gof bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by udysweet(f): 7:52am On Oct 09, 2015
Wow,that's one man with a very large heart. Not all are like that. I did also enjoy something like this too during my NYSC year in Sokoto state. Time and space won't permit me to write out my long essay but I must say I got a father in a man named Engr Haleeru(yes he calls me his daughter o) I became part of his family evn tho I am ibibio and a christian! And then one of my younger broda(yes I call him dat) Mujitaba who calls me so frequently to ask "aunty how are u doing" that I feel ashamed not keeping up too by calling him.
These two made me undertsnad dat religion never really matters.
I hope to take a trip to Sokoto som day(if I gather d liver again,lol) jus to visit dis pple. God bless Nigeria
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Dottune(m): 7:54am On Oct 09, 2015
Gabygaby:
THIS YOUR BELIEVE IS THE MORE REASON WHY SOME OF ARE SLUTERED CARELESSLY,AND WHEN IT HAPPENS THISAME SOME OF START CRYING HOUSE PEOPLE HAVE KILLED MY BROTHER. Only a fool will submit himself to be killed because of 5% good people in a whole tribe.
I'm not encouraging anyone to stay in the north, I'm just saying they deserve to be treated and that they need better Education, so that they can have a mind of their own.
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Dottune(m): 7:57am On Oct 09, 2015
canDy4eva:
true talk my dear, "ignorance" is wot kills even faster! If only doz dat were n bein used by d BH guys knw beta! If only dey were nt feed wit lies, if only som1 would "talk" sense in2 em, am sure dey would drop der arms n make a u turn there by makin terror die a natural death!
Yeah, they are yet to have a mind of their own, the life they are to live is being dictated to them. Hopefully it would get better soon
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Intrepid01(m): 8:01am On Oct 09, 2015
Sometimes last year I was in Abuja for an official assignment from my office. It was a one week audit exercise of a Bank, which is always never enough, which means every second counts. Lo and behold my Laptop charger decided to stop working the very first day I got to Abuja. My colleague was using a different laptop with a charger that couldn't charge mine. I was so devastated, what will I do and how will I do it. I quickly rushed down to the popular Banex plaza with the intention of buying a new one the following morning. The guy that had my specs was an Ibo guy, he told me the price of a new charger, I wasn't happy cos it was an unbudgeted expense. As I was trying to bargain, he asked if the old charger was with me. I showed him the old charger, in less than 15 mins he repaired the charger FOR FREE. He gave it to me and it worked and still working till today. I was amazed by his kind gesture, I tot IBOS love money more than anything. He did it free of charge and early in the morning. THE WORST MISTAKE WE MAKE AS HUMAN BEINGS IS ETHNIC PROFILING

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by chineloSA(f): 8:13am On Oct 09, 2015
So long as Christian and Muslims is almost 50/50% split,i doubt there there can be complete peace.

One needs to be majority and other minority, then the minority will conform to majority.

So in this case, two heads wanna be the main head.
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by olayinkajnr(m): 8:17am On Oct 09, 2015
Thebachelor:
I put this little story up here to make you tribal and religious bigots understand something; Nigeria is not one,that may be true. But the division is not across ethnic or religious lines.
The boundary is between the thieving elites[/b] and the suffering commoners.
That's why an Akpabio will be supporting a Saraki.

So before you throw jabs at that man because of his religion and tribe,understand that he is also a victim of the situation.

#GodBlessNigeria.

Lalasticlala ...help me show this to them,thanks.

OP, thanks for this piece.
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by ransomed: 8:25am On Oct 09, 2015
The OP started well but, ended his post badly. You just reiterate the very essence of our division i.e. Selfish politics interwoven with religion. Both Saraki and Akpabio are selfish dudes.
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by tunnyflow(m): 8:32am On Oct 09, 2015
Well this is going to be my first comment on matters like this...
We are all very low on the food chain,imagine a country funding a country A with weapons n equipment to kill country B and still providing shelter n support to the victims of country B(let that sync)
Don't you know a particular country or group are the ones gaining from conflicts happening around the world? In the case of BH, they have sponsors within the country n their sponsors with have elite sponsors outside the country that are not muslims...
When there is war, some people get rich from it.. cos a group or country will support with cash for weapons and welfare... another will benefit from the sale of weapons n gadgets... the foot soldiers will get the scraps will the innocent ones are just collateral damage...
The hausas are one of the best if not the best tribe to move with, they just have a bad temper n don't joke with their religion and that's why they use them against other tribes just to benefit from the violence... don't u know the money USA,EU,WHO etc give us to fight terrorism falls to some group who are behind these conflicts?
The elites in the world are just looking for ways to be richer no caring about lives wasted around the world...
All tribes in Naija has its good n bad trait... understanding is the key.. hausas are violent,igbos are money conscious n greedy while yorubas are betrayal n selfish too... so who has no sin cast the first stone...
My point is... don't judge anybody.. be christian or Muslim.. just learn to live with one another in peace... if your igbo friend likes money too much then don't deal with him when it comes to money... is your hausa friend is violence then don't provoke him...
Pls it's not a MUST to comment on nairaland
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 09, 2015
raymondzack:
What of those killing others all in the name of religion wey dem promise virgins in heaven
yes I know some people wil stil talk from their anus and wil not use their brain
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by francizy(m): 8:42am On Oct 09, 2015
agarawu23:

Two enemies of progress, no wonder poverty and penury is striking your generations.

Tribal bigotries will not have peace in their life's Amen.

Senseless fool! Do you think we share anything in common? Useless NL superstar.. When I was your age, do you think I had time for silly Mr. Nairaland contest? I was busy doing my rounds in the classroom, learning and also impacting in the lives of my fellow students by teaching them what I understood and they didn't. I wasn't a bigot or an enemy of progress when I did that, it is now that I said the truth you tag me an enemy of progress and a bigot. Brainless fool, you should know that not everyone is a mental slave like you. When I see things, I say it as it is. You should learn to emancipate your useless self.

Oh, lemme guess, you were not there during post election violence which I witnessed first hand, you were not in northern Nigeria during the period that a Sharia law protest by Southern Kaduna people was turned into a bloodbath, I guess you were in Zimbabwe when a Denmark cartoon caused bloodshed in Nigeria, and you never heard about it right? Where did you keep your useless self when an Israeli bombing (of Palestine) led to a deadly bloodbath here in form of protest? Have you ever condemned the Fulani herdsmen menace or lemme guess, you're scared to hell of voicing the truth right?

Not everyone is a coward like you boy. I say the truth and I say it as it is. My only problem with the Hausa/Fulani man (and by extension, Kanuri) is his violent nature, anything else he does is welcomed by me. By the way, since you open your cesspit to call people bigots, have you ever seen me insult Yoruba people or call them out unnecessarily? Have you seen me bash their Muslims? If not then make devil baptise you with abject poverty for life!

canDy4eva:
must der b crises in d first place?

There must not be violence but we have to call a spade a spade. In as much as as I love the way they treat each other and I envy them for that because no other Nigerian tribes shows so much love to his/her tribesmen like that, I have to also point out their flaws and hopefully, they start respecting the lives of other people, especially the cow herders. Nobody should posses a monopoly for violence in Nigeria. I'll stop my campaign for peace and zero bloodshed when they turn a new leave. That's my take..

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by EloDeus: 8:54am On Oct 09, 2015
Thebachelor:
Sometime today I took a bike from Mararaba junction heading to Aso.
We've covered about 40% of the journey when I heard the "click click" sound of a broken chain. The okada guy stopped,inspected the bike and advised me to take another bike as his can't make the rest of the trip.

After a while, one okada guy came along,I waved him down and asked him to take me to my destination.
I informed him that I bargained 100 naira with the first dude so they should negotiate the price.
The first dude asked him to take 60naira and give him 40naira since he(new okada guy) will cover most of the distance.

The new okada guy just looked at the broken chain and said something in hausa which neither of us (both of us were Christians and southerners) understood.

But from his gesticulation I deduced he was asking me to give the whole sum to the first okada rider.
I demonstrated to him to be sure of what he meant and he nodded in affirmation. I was puzzled at this act of kindness and generosity especially because it was geared towards a different religion and tribe.
Thereafter,the Hausa,muslim okada rider took me to my destination without charge.

I put this little story up here to make you tribal and religious bigots understand something; Nigeria is not one,that may be true. But the division is not across ethnic or religious lines.
The boundary is between the thieving elites
and the suffering commoners.

So before you throw jabs at that man because of his religion and tribe,understand that he is also a victim of the situation.

#GodBlessNigeria.

undecided
Thebachelor:
We've covered about 40% of the journey when I heard the "click click" sound of a broken chain. The okada guy stopped,inspected the bike and advised me to take another bike as his can't make the rest of the trip.

After a while, one okada guy came along,I waved him down and asked him to take me to my destination.
I informed him that I bargained 100 naira with the first dude so they should negotiate the price.
The first dude asked him to take 60naira and give him 40naira since he(new okada guy) will cover most of the distance.

The new okada guy just looked at the broken chain and said something in hausa which neither of us (both of us were Christians and southerners) understood.

But from his gesticulation I deduced he was asking me to give the whole sum to the first okada rider.
I demonstrated to him to be sure of what he meant and he nodded in affirmation. I was puzzled at this act of kindness and generosity especially because it was geared towards a different religion and tribe.
Thereafter,the Hausa,muslim okada rider took me to my destination without charge.

#GodBlessNigeria.

If my eyes ain't deceiving me you still paid the Tfare to the other okada man which means the kind gesture was by the muslim Hausa to another Muslim Hausa, it really has nothing to do with you and your friend. #I WONDER HOW PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THINGS# SMH

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by midolian(m): 9:01am On Oct 09, 2015
tiamiyukunle69:
The Hausa guy is BIG HEARTED so rare to see such around these days
Not rare bro.. A good number of the hausas are extremely nice
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Emmenyk(m): 9:15am On Oct 09, 2015
I'm Emenike (100% Igbo) but my two closest friends during nysc orientation exercise @Rivers State where Abdulrazak Ashiru and Tubokun (whom I nicknamed Chibuzo). They were the coolest ppl I met in camp even though both of em redeployed bck to Kaduna and Ondo State respectively. Wetin we dey drag self? O chochi!!

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by adefrosh: 9:23am On Oct 09, 2015
most of hausas are gud people but some of dem are bad...it was an hausa man dat welcomed my dad to lagos by duping him of #900. it was a lot of money back den smiley
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by tunkuns: 9:27am On Oct 09, 2015
I'm sure u didn't read the post, u jst comment..... always get a post right before u comment.
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by MbashrexBashir(m): 9:35am On Oct 09, 2015
Thebachelor:

#GodBlessNigeria.

I like ur write up but dd u av to mention Saraki... Pls what has Saraki done to deserve dis is he the only corrupt politician... All politician are corrupt bet it with me
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by aysnazy(m): 9:43am On Oct 09, 2015
Thebachelor:

#GodBlessNigeria.

Aw can a normal hausa and muslim do dat, pls stop makin lies on net..
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by ZITRAN: 9:48am On Oct 09, 2015
raymondzack:
What of those killing others all in the name of religion wey dem promise virgins in heaven
the virgins part is a simple mistranslation
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by agarawu23(m): 9:51am On Oct 09, 2015
Francizy, god of ogun kill you there with your reply. Ewo!!! See this small boy claiming seniority shocked well, Nl is a combination of fools and dots.

When will you guys come up with new words to use against me na grin why always Mr Nl ? Are you guys this daft to come up with something new? I think you should know me well before you spew thrash because you are just one of The fools I lecture here daily smiley

All the bullshitt you typed there are shits that can't move me a hinch. Tribal bigotry angry after you will carry your Bible on Sunday say you dey go church but you don't love your neighbors including their dogs. Tfu angry
Poverty striking fooll sad
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by OfficialIYANU(m): 9:54am On Oct 09, 2015
But this is a story of Hausa 'KINDNESS' to a fellow HAUSA!

I dun on dis stand?!
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by bukqar(m): 9:58am On Oct 09, 2015
Mogidi:

Lets get this straight, because okada man carried you for free means there's no tribalism in Nigeria?

I would have taken you serious if you were posting this from boko haram stronghold of Gwoza or Maiduguri.

"No Surrender" to Hausa/Fulani, never.
.................... if there is anything that has to do with tribalism A HAUSA man don't have dat in his mind cos he much like peace with others cos he have respect for human begins. i stayed in akwa ibom for 4yrs but within dem self no trust so pls tell me what that means.same father same mother.pls come to north and see how love is bin spread,even the southerners have take dat as habit. you are using ur smelling mouth talking of boko haram do you think is only the hausas are the boko haram your pple to are involve in insurgent group how many were caught red handed bombing and planting of explosives in some churches.they are Christians and most of them are Southerners so please use mouth say good if u cant please shot the furk up homie.why you talking like that is because you are always stik to you south only.leave south and go some where and see how others leave their life.
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by 2goodbobo(m): 10:04am On Oct 09, 2015
Hausa/Northerners are well known for their kindness and generosity. They don't take life as anything and money is not always everything to them. They value relationship more than money. Is just unfortunate that most of them caught up in this insurgency mess that has made it hard
for people to castigate without generalizing.
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by bukqar(m): 10:15am On Oct 09, 2015
Dottune:
Yeah, they are yet to have a mind of their own, the life they are to live is being dictated to them. Hopefully it would get better soon
some people amazed me most especially the southerners you too much have selfish interest.you too much talk any how thats what put one you southern brother into trouble cos of running mouth.Let me remind you hausa or Northerner you call boko haram are not the only people involve in the insurgent group.your southern brothers and sisters are among the boko haram group cos ntime without number they coght them bombing or planting explosive in churches so please talk as a literate man not an illiterate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order / Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) / - Winner's Chapel Members Meet Here-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.