Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,041 members, 7,818,086 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. (66837 Views)

A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief / Which Comes First, Religion Or Tribe? / Communication With GOD Vs Dogs: Benefits So Far: You Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by oweman: 12:14am On Oct 09, 2015
i dont see what extra ordinaty that has happen here .
The hsusas has all along have a large heart dealing with other Nigeriahs actually dtill met a non hausa as perm sec govt house sokoto something that can not happen other part of Nigeria !
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by godwin120alex: 12:15am On Oct 09, 2015
Unity is good but I will quote my mother whereever there is unity somebody/a group is sufering for dat unity to be,and she is very correct. Some regions are enjoying it while some are not so is better to find out how d regions want to live so dat their will be peace.
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by DedeNkem: 12:16am On Oct 09, 2015
You're a very stingy person. Why didn't you give the last okada money, to at least extend the goodwill?

Spending 200 naira is nothing. Wow! Unbelievable!
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Cooljoe1(m): 12:18am On Oct 09, 2015
omusiliyu:
Some people are like that. Just to proof to some that not all Hausas are Shekau.
shekau is from the kanuri tribe not hausa cool cool
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by atlwireles: 12:34am On Oct 09, 2015
[s]
advocates:
Village man. Better go apply for the job of a village masquerade and stop wasting your talent of clannishness here. You think your little rants and that of your kinsmen will stand in the way, you dey dream. Like it or not, the unity of the country is nonnegotiable.
[/s]

Akobata carry on. Like I said, slaves like you will remain slaves.

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by shaqhead: 12:37am On Oct 09, 2015
shogosco:
AND?

Anyway, was the first bike man a christian?

if no ...it's normal

Cuz they were brothers!

[size=30pt]grin grin grin[/size]
Go back and read d story again Mr. The first bike man is a CHRISTIAN SOUTHERNER...so its abnormal now abi? Hmm bro..ds is d extent tribalism has gotten to u see, where even simple acts of human kindness is filtered through lenses of distrust!
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by eazysmiles: 12:44am On Oct 09, 2015
Thebachelor:
Sometime today I took a bike from Mararaba junction heading to Aso.
We've covered about 40% of the journey when I heard the "click click" sound of a broken chain. The okada guy stopped,inspected the bike and advised me to take another bike as his can't make the rest of the trip.

After a while, one okada guy came along,I waved him down and asked him to take me to my destination.
I informed him that I bargained 100 naira with the first dude so they should negotiate the price.
The first dude asked him to take 60naira and give him 40naira since he(new okada guy) will cover most of the distance.

The new okada guy just looked at the broken chain and said something in hausa which neither of us (both of us were Christians and southerners) understood.

But from his gesticulation I deduced he was asking me to give the whole sum to the first okada rider.
I demonstrated to him to be sure of what he meant and he nodded in affirmation. I was puzzled at this act of kindness and generosity especially because it was geared towards a different religion and tribe.
Thereafter,the Hausa,muslim okada rider took me to my destination without charge.

I put this little story up here to make you tribal and religious bigots understand something; Nigeria is not one,that may be true. But the division is not across ethnic or religious lines.
The boundary is between the thieving elites
and the suffering commoners.
That's why an Akpabio will be supporting a Saraki.

So before you throw jabs at that man because of his religion and tribe,understand that he is also a victim of the situation.

#GodBlessNigeria.

Lalasticlala ...help me show this to them,thanks.

Thank you so much @OP.May God bless and keep guiding you aright. This act you have stated herein is particularly common to the hausas. Sincerely, I have had several experiences like this with them.

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by cabaliciouscabal: 12:44am On Oct 09, 2015
missKiffy:
I don't judge people based on tribe and religion

Ow do we believe dat?
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Nobody: 12:45am On Oct 09, 2015
How did that gesture affect you as a southerner?

All these one Nigerian southerners ma sef!!!

You did not get to your destination free of charge...its not like you paid 40naira to the first guy and the second guy carried you for free. You still paid the complete fare as you'd previously bargained.

This new bike guy helped his brother and you are here rejoicing that he helped a christain.

It was a contract my friend, and you were supposed to get to your destination on the agreed fare.

People just need to study their rights and understand what it entails.

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by kenbee(f): 12:55am On Oct 09, 2015
Eintelekt:
How did that gesture affect you as a southerner?
All these one Nigerian southerners ma sef!!!
You did not get to your destination free of charge...its not like you paid 40naira to the first guy and the second guy carried you for free. You still paid the complete fare as you'd previously bargained.
This new bike guy helped his brother and you are here rejoicing that he helped a christain.
It was a contract my friend, and you were supposed to get to your destination on the agreed fare.
People just need to study their rights and understand what it entails.

THIS IS THE ONLY SENSIBLE COMMENT ON THIS PARTICULAR POST. the second okada only favoured his brother, just too tribalistic of him!
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by shaqhead: 12:57am On Oct 09, 2015
advocates:
I stay up north as a Christian from Enugu, and it's a common knowledge that northerners are more considerate to others. Nevertheless, religion seems to be their major short coming, but beside that, they are a simple, down to earth people. I consider myself a Northerner having being given birth here.

Some good igbos can really be good if you are fortunate to find one, but not the idle ones who from the stable of their caves who invade this forum as termites to create instability. Wonder where these ones come from. These are the greatest hindrance to peace and we must collectively stand to oppose them. Nigeria will be great again.

God bless u for ds bro! I appreciate people who have a cosmopolitan view on the issues that bedevil us as a nation. Sometimes I wish God will make most Nigerians to be born outside their state of origin or comfort zone because just like u, it gives u a balance view to life than tribalists in here who have only seen Kaduna, Enugu or Ibadan on TV and cant find it on our map. It makes u see d Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba man as first a human being before d "my brother" syndrome we have ds days dt hasnt gotten us anywia!

This reminds me of a corper who only "knew" of d existence of Borno state when he got posted there! He told me he had to go check the Nigerian map to find where it was....

If only we can unite nothin can stop us!
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by shaqhead: 1:01am On Oct 09, 2015
kenbee:

THIS IS THE ONLY SENSIBLE COMMENT ON THIS PARTICULAR POST. the second okada only favoured his brother, just too tribalistic of him!
Did u and d person u quoted read what the OP wrote at all...the second okada fellow ddnt favour nobody but only showed kindness devoid of ethnic and religious colorations because d OP and the first rider are CHRISTIANS AND SOUTHERNERS!
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by BALLOSKI: 1:09am On Oct 09, 2015
missKiffy:
I don't judge people based on tribe and religion
that itself is a humongous sign of maturity.
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by BALLOSKI: 1:14am On Oct 09, 2015
kenbee:

you and @eintelekt need to be sent back to the creché. You two fvcking blind bigots. As plain as the op(thebarchelor) put the story , you illiterates couldnt grasp what he's saying.
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by BALLOSKI: 1:21am On Oct 09, 2015
advocates:
I stay up north as a Christian from Enugu, and it's a common knowledge that northerners are more considerate to others. Nevertheless, religion seems to be their major short coming, but beside that, they are a simple, down to earth people. I consider myself a Northerner having being given birth here.

Some good igbos can really be good if you are fortunate to find one, but not the idle ones who from the stable of their caves who invade this forum as termites to create instability. Wonder where these ones come from. These are the greatest hindrance to peace and we must collectively stand to oppose them. Nigeria will be great again.

spot-on!
The religious madness is a tool that has been used by those that seek to divide us along religious and ethnic line, just like the OP posited.
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Eluwilussit(m): 1:23am On Oct 09, 2015
Thebachelor:
We've covered about 40% of the journey when I heard the "click click" sound of a broken chain. The okada guy stopped,inspected the bike and advised me to take another bike as his can't make the rest of the trip.

After a while, one okada guy came along,I waved him down and asked him to take me to my destination.
I informed him that I bargained 100 naira with the first dude so they should negotiate the price.
The first dude asked him to take 60naira and give him 40naira since he(new okada guy) will cover most of the distance.

The new okada guy just looked at the broken chain and said something in hausa which neither of us (both of us were Christians and southerners) understood.

But from his gesticulation I deduced he was asking me to give the whole sum to the first okada rider.
I demonstrated to him to be sure of what he meant and he nodded in affirmation. I was puzzled at this act of kindness and generosity especially because it was geared towards a different religion and tribe.
Thereafter,the Hausa,muslim okada rider took me to my destination without charge.

I put this little story up here to make you tribal and religious bigots understand something; Nigeria is not one,that may be true. But the division is not across ethnic or religious lines.

So before you throw jabs at that man because of his religion and tribe,understand that he is also a victim of the situation.

#GodBlessNigeria.

While this is a great story of an act of charity and benevolence, I can't help but notice that a key denominator is being ignored by nairalanders. The power of camaraderie and esprit de Corps, was paramount in this particular case. He simply saw another poor and oppressed okada man. Not a southerner or Christian, but a colleague and brother rider.

It is great to recognize such acts of magnanimity, but such distantly dispersed occurrences do not explain away the wanton waste of innocent lives of southerners and Christians with their properties over the years by northern Muslims.

We are not united. We are not one people. We are still pretending to be a nation. In nations, we don't send fellow nationals packing in the middle of the night. You don't burn churches and mosques. You don't kill others because of their tribe.

The earlier we get back to the drawing board and correct all lingering abnormalities, the sooner we will become a nation. I love our diversity in every way. There's so much strength in diversity, if only we can harness it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by RichieF27: 1:47am On Oct 09, 2015
One good egg doesn't make the rest go so as one bad egg..so beacause you met one good one today you come get hope for NIgeria ...or get hope say they are good people ..keep deceiving your self
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by likila: 1:48am On Oct 09, 2015
bastard op,
what did the hausa okada rider do for the southern christian apc yoots?
did the southern christian apc yoots not pay the fool 100 naira?
you are a bastards.
your father.

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Fxwarrior: 1:50am On Oct 09, 2015
He conveyed you without charge? So contradictory. Not after you paid for the fare to the first guy at his insistence.

Its his philosophy, belief and conviction. Nothing special.
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Boyooosa(m): 1:51am On Oct 09, 2015
Elzends:
A rare act of kindness, God bless the hausa Okada rider shaa

But dear op

U can't just jump into needless conclusion becos of that.....

Lemme comment no further shaa...

u 4 comment further na, may be we no go fvck u up! lipsrsealed
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by likila: 1:52am On Oct 09, 2015
Meti99:
ask olu falae what these hausa fulani guys did to him.

ward!
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by chichriso: 1:59am On Oct 09, 2015
FOLLOW MY ON www.twitter.com/chichriso AND JOIN TO FIGHT IMPUNITY
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by sukkot: 2:45am On Oct 09, 2015
advocates:

i appreciate your honesty as an enugu man speaking

2 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Gabygaby: 3:04am On Oct 09, 2015
Dottune:
Very true.... Hausas to me are the nicest tribe in Nigeria.

I remember a story one of my Big bros told me when he went over there for his service. He and his friend went to their market, he wanted to buy potatoes of N200 worth, when they got there to buy it was like half a bag for that amount and they felt it was too much and tried to buy just N50 worth. The Hausa man selling it said it isn't possible, but instead he gave them for free. They are very kind....

The only thing I think is wrong with Majority of Hausas is "Ignorance", that's where the issue of education sets in, because they can easily be brainwashed into believing crap.

Western Education should go along with their Islamic Education
THIS YOUR BELIEVE IS THE MORE REASON WHY SOME OF ARE SLUTERED CARELESSLY,AND WHEN IT HAPPENS THISAME SOME OF START CRYING HOUSE PEOPLE HAVE KILLED MY BROTHER. Only a fool will submit himself to be killed because of 5% good people in a whole tribe.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by sukkot: 3:06am On Oct 09, 2015
DedeNkem:
You're a very stingy person. Why didn't you give the last okada money, to at least extend the goodwill?

Spending 200 naira is nothing. Wow! Unbelievable!
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by theDEVILisHERE: 3:09am On Oct 09, 2015
Thebachelor:

#GodBlessNigeria.

Don't be naïve
There are good people and bad people everywhere
This does not change the facts on ground that one needs to know when one is dealing with a certain group of people

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Gabygaby: 3:34am On Oct 09, 2015
shaqhead:

God bless u for ds bro! I appreciate people who have a cosmopolitan view on the issues that bedevil us as a nation. Sometimes I wish God will make most Nigerians to be born outside their state of origin or comfort zone because just like u, it gives u a balance view to life than tribalists in here who have only seen Kaduna, Enugu or Ibadan on TV and cant find it on our map. It makes u see d Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba man as first a human being before d "my brother" syndrome we have ds days dt hasnt gotten us anywia!

This reminds me of a corper who only "knew" of d existence of Borno state when he got posted there! He told me he had to go check the Nigerian map to find where it was....

If only we can unite nothin can stop us!
Children with little knowledge full here, if Nigeria divide today,what are you people going to loose,OIL,and that is why many of you keep chanting one Nigeria. Start thinking beyond oil,and work towards your freedom as a human being because currently you are in a cage designed by British not your great grand fathers,if Nigeria was designed by our great grand father,it would have been easy to handle knowing where they came from,but to accept this yoke will never work.

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by canDy4eva(f): 4:03am On Oct 09, 2015
Thebachelor:

#GodBlessNigeria.

av neva been n will neva b a part to tribal war n division n datz because av been on both ends! Tnkx for ur post.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by canDy4eva(f): 4:16am On Oct 09, 2015
Mogidi:

Lets get this straight, because okada man carried you for free means there's no tribalism in Nigeria?

I would have taken you serious if you were posting this from boko haram stronghold of Gwoza or Maiduguri.

"No Surrender" to Hausa/Fulani, never.
I dnt tink u got him ryt! Yes we may hv divisions h hatred among d dif ethnic groups buh d truth is, datz wot we were feed wit n datz wot dey(d elites) want us(d ordinary man) 2 knw, belive n work on. Dey use our division to fuel der "evil" act. Dey distract us wit tribal war, terror etc n d likes of it so dey steal n loth n make us slaves! Until we see byound wot dey see n knw, we would keep goin in circles.

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by jonahjegs(m): 4:18am On Oct 09, 2015
raymondzack:
What of those killing others all in the name of religion wey dem promise virgins in heaven
Those ones are misguided bigots, generally people in the north are kind and welcoming.
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by haryormie(m): 4:20am On Oct 09, 2015
Not everyone of them seems bad just the ones that have been brainwashed. Nigeria is getting better... One nation, one people. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by canDy4eva(f): 4:22am On Oct 09, 2015
Xtracoool:
OP nice story. But let me quickly point out that this story cannot be related to the tribal and ethnic divisions in this country.
You see, OP, you simply stopped a good man (The second bike man). That was it, nothing else. I have seen an igbo man turn on a fellow igbo man; a yoruba turn on his tribesman.

It's a touching story tho.
dat exactly wot d op z tryin to say! Let's c byound tribe n religion n accept each oda as one! Dat way we r able to fyt d war in oneness n win! Trbalisim n religion is nothin but a weapon of "mass distruction"

Quote me any whr!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order / Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) / - Winner's Chapel Members Meet Here-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.