Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. (41312 Views)

The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola / 13 Things You Need To Teach Your “girl Child” At An Early Age / 13 Things You Should Teach Your Child Before The Age Of 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Toks2008(m): 3:47pm On Nov 30, 2015
It is no longer a new thing that after graduation of a male child from a tertiary institution,there is so much expectation from him especially the one whose parents are from a very humble background and had to make huge financial sacrifices.

After graduation,this male child is expected to do his best as regards the ability to provide for himself,his aging parents and also prepare to start a family and we all know the financial demands that come with marriage ceremonies.

As if this is not enough for the male child,the female folks who have spent years in tertiary institutions to have a sound intellect and ought to be a succor in terms of encouragement and financial support have become an additional burden.

Please understand this...there is absolutely nothing bad for a lady be a graduate or not to want,hope or desire a rich or financially ok guy...which lady will not want that?

But it gets even crazier by the day cos most of those ladies who have no opportunity of bagging a degree are unbelievably hard working as we can see many of them doing one thing or the other legitimately to be financially independent while many acclaimed graduates just hope for one unfortunate maga to buy them..how sad.

Ok lets take a look at this..In Nigeria,both the male and the female child go to the same private or public schools right from nursery to tertiary levels,we had the same educational qualification because the last time i checked the University as well as polytechnic degrees are awarded to both male and female...

We go through NYSC together and start looking for jobs in the same labor market in the same country.It is even easier for a female graduate to get jobs compared to the male folks yet these same ladies expect these same guys to be "financially ok" enough to take care of them HABBA!

What happened to equal opportunity to be financially ok since we are faced with same economy conditions. What sought of magic are these ladies expecting the male folks to perform? It even becomes more unrealistic and wicked when ladies are looking for financially ok guys in their 20s and early 30s.

This has made me conclude that its gradually becoming a waste of money and resources for some parents to send their daughters to school since they are likely to come out and dump the zeal and qualification just to start scouting for "financially ok guys" before they can think of making a headway for themselves in life.

So if that is the case,there is no need to get a degree since they don't need that to get a rich guy as they can use their natural body degree to achieve that thereby saving the parents hundreds of thousands of naira.

So i am advising every Nigerian parent to ask their daughter this vital question before spending a dime on her tertiary education and beg her to tell them the truth...

"Are you ready to go to school and acquire a degree to become self reliant financially or are you nursing the thought of going to school and latter come out to start looking for a rich guy or financially ok guy"?

Be observant to the way she answers and make up your mind.

Odiegwu.

122 Likes 13 Shares

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 30, 2015
undecided

5 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 30, 2015
LOL, na wah oh. grin grin
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Toks2008(m): 6:09pm On Nov 30, 2015
Teempakguy:
LOL, na wah oh. grin grin

Not funny at all and this is why i tell guys looking for commitments to tell any lady who asks him what he does that he is jobless and just trying to get another job even if he is the MD of shell..If she loses interest in you please don't push it..you need a wife and not a leech.

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Toks2008(m): 7:16pm On Nov 30, 2015
STFUareyouGod:
undecided
lol..as in?
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 30, 2015
Toks2008:

lol..as in?
just don't think whatever answer she gives will mean anything

5 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Toks2008(m): 8:37pm On Nov 30, 2015
STFUareyouGod:
just don't think whatever answer she gives will mean anything

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Mznaett: 8:40pm On Nov 30, 2015
y
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Laveda(f): 8:40pm On Nov 30, 2015
undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 30, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by DNameisOla(f): 10:03pm On Nov 30, 2015
As d saying goes, a lady always want to marry someone like her father or better than her father. So, when a lady says she wants a guy dts financially ok, she just want some dt will be better dan her or shld I say, someone she can look up to. Its nt just because she's a leech, mind you.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Toks2008(m): 10:47pm On Nov 30, 2015
Laveda:
undecided undecided
Mznaett:
y

lol! unto wettin nah?
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Raalsalghul: 11:01pm On Nov 30, 2015
Toks2008:
It is no longer a new thing that after graduation of a male child from a tertiary institution,there is so much expectation from him especially the one whose parents had to make huge financial sacrifices and this male child is expected to do his best as regards the ability to provide for himself,his aging parents and also prepare to start a family and in a country where the cultural beliefs predominantly cast more weight on the men when it comes to marrying a lady since it is believed that it is the man who has to take most financial responsibility in the process of marriage ceremony and in some quarters,the bride price becomes too high for comfort not to mention the endless list of items and much more.

As if this is not enough for the male child,the female folks who have spent years in tertiary institutions to have a sound intellect and ought to be a succor in terms of encouragement and financial support have become an additional burden.

Despite all the wahala a male child have to overcome to be a "real man" as they tag it,the typical naija lady graduate will still expect the same man to carry her bukata join to his own.

Please understand this...there is absolutely nothing bad for a lady be a graduate or not to want,hope or desire a rich or financially ok guy...which lady will not want that? but when you go in search of one or make it a condition before saying yes to a man then you have crossed the line.And it gets even crazier by the day cos those ladies who have no opportunity of bagging a degree are unbelievably hard working as we can see many of them doing one thing or the other legitimately to be financially independent while the acclaimed graduates mostly pride themselves in speaking grammar with fake accent,they go about with fancy cloths,Brazilian hair and designer bags just looking for one unfortunate maga to buy them..how sad.

Ok lets take a look at this..In Nigeria,both the male and the female child go to the same private or public schools right from nursery to tertiary levels,we had the same educational qualification because the last time i checked the University as well as polytechnic degrees are awarded to both male and female...we go through NYSC together and start looking for jobs in the same labor market in the same country.It is even easier for a female graduate to get jobs compared to the male folks yet these same ladies expect these same guys to be "financially ok" enough to take care of them HABBA! what happened to equal opportunity to be financially ok since we are faced with same economy conditions. What sought of magic are these ladies expecting the male folks to perform? It even becomes more unrealistic and wicked when ladies are looking for financially ok guys in their 20s and early 30s.

This has made me conclude that its gradually becoming a waste of money and resources for some parents to send their daughters to school since they are likely to come out and dump the zeal and qualification just to start scouting for "financially ok guys" before they can think of making a headway for themselves in life.And if that is the case,there is no need to get a degree since they don't need that to get a rich guy as they can use their natural body degree to achieve that thereby saving the parents hundreds of thousands of naira.

So i am advising every Nigerian parent to ask their daughter this vital question before spending a dime on her tertiary education and beg her to tell them the truth;"Are you ready to go to school and acquire a degree to become self reliant financially or are you nursing the thought of going to school and latter come out to start looking for a rich guy or financially ok guy"?

Be observant to the way she answers and make up your mind.

Odiegwu.
I love this!

10 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Toks2008(m): 7:50pm On Dec 07, 2015
Raalsalghul:
I love this!

I will definitely ask my daughter this.

5 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 07, 2015
Ah this is lubbish o. What if she doesn't plan on getting a job, so you won't pay for her secondary school education either? Where do you draw the line? And what's to say that girls with a tonnn of education still don't want to marry "a rich man" and sit at home all day? How does it affect you? You as their future father should just do your duty and pay for the highest level of education they can/want to attain. They can work out the rest in their matrimonial houses.

Honestly, all of you that are screaming 'yes yes' over here probably don't have any kids yet so I'm not so surprised.

17 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Toks2008(m): 8:36pm On Dec 08, 2015
MrsPhyno:
Ah this is lubbish o. What if she doesn't plan on getting a job, so you won't pay for her secondary school education either? Where do you draw the line? And what's to say that girls with a tonnn of education still don't want to marry "a rich man" and sit at home all day? How does it affect you? You as their future father should just do your duty and pay for the highest level of education they can/want to attain. They can work out the rest in their matrimonial houses.

Honestly, all of you that are screaming 'yes yes' over here probably don't have any kids yet so I'm not so surprised.

Ifahia?

I must ask her not because i wont send her to school anyways but just to pass a message to her.

6 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Rukkydelta(f): 4:09pm On Dec 18, 2015
I don't know why ? I just don't like reading the op's topics because they always get me annoyed. Please let the female gender be

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Toks2008(m): 6:08pm On Dec 18, 2015
Rukkydelta:
I don't know why ? I just don't like reading the op's topics because they always get me annoyed. Please let the female gender be

I can show you the way to the lagos lagoon.

You dont like my threads yet you keep visiting them.

What is my own with ladies?im only stating the obvious and i sense its touching somewhere in you.

42 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 18, 2015
Rukkydelta:

Nah, these guys can't have enough of us
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Rukkydelta(f): 6:14pm On Dec 18, 2015
Toks2008:

I can show you the way to the lagos lagoon.

You dont like my threads yet you keep visiting them.

What is my own with ladies?im only stating the obvious and i sense its touching somewhere in you.

Yes some of your topics touches me by getting me angry cos you see female's as objects

14 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 18, 2015
And you think the girl child would be sincere with her response?

Heck no!!

Ask me such question and i will so impressed you with a response you never imagined.

3 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Rukkydelta(f): 6:22pm On Dec 18, 2015
hoes69getwifed:

Nah, these guys can't have enough of us

When i saw a thread about most of nl guys being saddist i kind of agree with it. I wonder why they will just create threads to attack ladies,everytime ladies this...ladies that... time that supposed to be use for something important. I also see threads where ladies attack guys but the guys threads are more

10 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Toks2008(m): 6:25pm On Dec 18, 2015
Rukkydelta:

Yes some of your topics touches me by getting me angry cos you see female's as objects

Lol then you have been reading my threads wrongly..next time ask questions and i will clarify..my threads will do you great good if you comprehend very well.

9 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Toks2008(m): 6:27pm On Dec 18, 2015
Jolllyjoy:
And you think the girl child would be sincere with her response?

Heck no!!

Ask me such question and i will so impressed you with a response you never imagined.

At least the message would have been passed to her subconcious mind.

1 Like

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Rukkydelta(f): 6:28pm On Dec 18, 2015
Toks2008:

Lol then you have been reading my threads wrongly..next time ask questions and i will clarify..my threads will do you great good if you comprehend very well.

thank you, some of your threads are good but others i can't say

1 Like

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Toks2008(m): 6:35pm On Dec 18, 2015
Rukkydelta:

thank you, some of your threads are good but others i can't say

Good..though you look sweet but im more drawn to your decorum cos unlike many nairaland ladies who would have lashed out,you just comported yourself respectfully which shows your level of discipline.keep it up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Ishilove: 6:39pm On Dec 18, 2015
Oga o, Toks I always admire your articles but this one is way off. Completely offpoint

2 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Genea(f): 6:46pm On Dec 18, 2015
This is an absolute trash

8 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Rukkydelta(f): 6:49pm On Dec 18, 2015
Toks2008:

Good..though you look sweet but im more drawn to your decorum cos unlike many nairaland ladies who would have lashed out,you just comported yourself respectfully which shows your level of discipline.keep it up.

I guess I don't have time for e-fights that won't profit me anything
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 18, 2015
Ishilove:
Oga o, Toks I always admire your articles but this one is way off. Completely offpoint

I swear. The offpoint reminds me of my students in AKS that year, I would try so hard to read meaning, when I don't see any. I just use my red biro to cancel the work grin.

Even if toks creates a thread on rapture, trust me _ he would have a way of dragging females into it.

Wetin dey pain me pass be say, create a thread on careers, you would never see some of this Romanceland voltrons there. When do these kinda guys even hustle the money that babe would leech on?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Ishilove: 7:53pm On Dec 18, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

I swear. The offpoint reminds me of my students in AKS that year, I would try so hard to read meaning, when I don't see any. I just use my red biro to cancel the work grin.

Even if toks creates a thread on rapture, trust me _ he would have a way of dragging female into it.

Wetin dey pain me pass be say, create a thread on careers, you would never see some of this Romanceland voltrons there. When do these kinda guys even hustle the money that babe would leech on?
My sister e taya me. I was just reading what he wrote and grimacing. Ahn Ahn, the tin no even gel at all. It seems our guy is a misogynist cheesy

6 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 18, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Even if toks creates a thread on rapture, trust me _ he would have a way of dragging female into it.

Very true. The thread I created few hours ago will attest to this fact. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. / His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign / Some Sweet USUALS Every Wife Is Supposed To Be Giving To Her Husband!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.