Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2668) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4731418 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2665) (2666) (2667) (2668) (2669) (2670) (2671) ... (5688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 6:23pm On May 04, 2020
radautoworks:
In seeing linkages and bushings.

Okay. Next question. What cars do you drive and how many years on average so you see yourselves using those cars?
I win the first one, my rewards?
grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 6:30pm On May 04, 2020
Gentlelife50:

I win the first one, my rewards?
grin

I still dey wait for others people na.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 6:32pm On May 04, 2020
I'm working on something for you guys but need a lot to answer so I know what to do. Need to know the cars you are driving and how many yearsyou have/will use them.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OmoOshodi(m): 6:32pm On May 04, 2020
InfinityEstates:
Guys please what's the protocol after paying for outstanding balance? I was sent a receipt of N6,900 before the lockdown. Today I got blocked from cash trips. I transferred the money to them, replied the mail they sent with the receipt and attached my own payment receipt.

Should I be expecting a mail or just wait for it to reflect in my account? How long is it normally supposed to take?
Guys I want to ask instead of the stress of paying.. why not work on app trips till you cover the cash deficit range....and they will automatically return you back to cash trips... is it not possible,??

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ofime123(m): 6:36pm On May 04, 2020
Bolt have lock riders app.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 6:42pm On May 04, 2020
I tire for them o. Uber still dey on. Just imagine.
ofime123:
Bolt have lock riders app.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 6:52pm On May 04, 2020
OmoOshodi:
Guys I want to ask instead of the stress of paying.. why not work on app trips till you cover the cash deficit range....and they will automatically return you back to cash trips... is it not possible,??
It's possible, they might even automatically place the person on card trips.
But it means you won't be getting requests promptly or if people requesting are paying with cash nothing for you until card trip comes, the driver may end up getting few requests at the end of the day.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 7:28pm On May 04, 2020
OmoOshodi:

Truth is, I personally love Card trips because it kinda 'saves' money for me. Even if I get cash trips, and the rider opts for transfer, I usually don't mind (but I now make sure I receive my credit alert or in most cases see the rider's debit alert) because the money goes to my account and stays.

However, 80 - 90% of trips are usually cash-based trips. And you wouldn't blame the riders too because sometimes the Bolt App, according to them, debits them twice and so many irregularities like that, so they just prefer cash. No issues.

To your question, I did about 4 trips today before I was blocked and that was between 9am - 3pm (Selected trips). After that, only one trip came in after more than 45minutes. So you see, I had to pay to get more option of trips and not to be restricted to just card trips which is limited.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 7:30pm On May 04, 2020
radautoworks:
I'm working on something for you guys but need a lot to answer so I know what to do. Need to know the cars you are driving and how many yearsyou have/will use them.
Corolla 2007(bank type). Just three months old ( forgotten is may already, Its 5 month old jare)but still planning to use for atleast 3 years( though it definitely not be used on e-hailing platform by then anymore).
What i change most is linkage and bushing

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 7:30pm On May 04, 2020
I change Tyre almost every 2 weeks because I always carry nail from the street of Lagos to my house. Corolla 04 and it was bought 2009 as a toks, started using it for Uber 2018 June and sold it August 2019. Bought Corolla 07 toks in August and I don't know when I will change it since corona has scattered so many plans. Wanted to buy 08 upward but money no reach.
radautoworks:
In seeing linkages and bushings.

Okay. Next question. What cars do you drive and how many years on average so you see yourselves using those cars?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 7:34pm On May 04, 2020
Something weird happened today at work. My boss calls me and says,
"Deji, please prepare the payroll for April; let's pay the staff their salary."

I was dumbfounded for a few seconds. My boss notices that I'm acting confused. He asks me what's wrong.

Me: "Sir, we are not paying April salary. The business didn't open. No member of staff came to work."

My boss stared at me, not believing himself. "Are you sure, Deji?"

Me: "Very sure, sir."

Did I do wrong? Did I not do wrong?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 7:36pm On May 04, 2020
nitigriti:

I was dumbfounded for a few seconds. My boss notices that I'm acting confused. He asks me what's wrong.

Me: "Sir, we are not paying April salary. The business didn't open. No member of staff came to work."

You did wrong and right ....but nobody noticed, just ur boss

Full time drawing near .... 8pm .....

Awaiting results

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 7:38pm On May 04, 2020
radautoworks:

Nihao... So I was listening to the radio today (as usual while driving) and the OAP on CoolFM was talking about learning a skill that could earn one foreign currency. She talked about learning a foreign language like Spanish, Italian, French and the likes. I remembered your post concerning this some time ago and I smiled. She mentioned an App (Duolingo) that taught various languages effectively and FOR FREE. Immediately I got home I started on Chinese and it's been great so far. Thanks for your posts.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 7:46pm On May 04, 2020
nitigriti:

Hmmm... Some people somewhere would be praying and cabashing against things like this o. Anyways, it depends on your industry, contract type e.t.c

However, abeg find something for your staff even though it's half or one-quarter salary (if you can). It's really not easy this period. Every little penny that comes in matters alot.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Myronbolitar: 7:53pm On May 04, 2020
Gentlelife50:

It's possible, they might even automatically place the person on card trips.
But it means you won't be getting requests promptly or if people requesting are paying with cash nothing for you until card trip comes, the driver may end up getting few requests at the end of the day.
Exactly sir...longer waiting time.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 8:27pm On May 04, 2020
radautoworks:
Lower Arm Bushing, Tie rod joint. Honda Accord 04. Looking forward to changing it next year.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xrayj(m): 8:36pm On May 04, 2020
nitigriti:

Why do u ask the bold sir?
Is your conscience judging u?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:58pm On May 04, 2020
nitigriti:

Village people is real.
Me leaving home today
grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sexylassie2(f): 9:05pm On May 04, 2020
nitigriti:

Very wrong.

Like the boss didnt know we are on lock down.

Boss said pay, you said No. Na your money?

Just hope your colleaugues does not hear this.

You will be hated and avoided.

13 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 9:32pm On May 04, 2020
nitigriti:

Please get him to give them partial payment. It wasn't their fault...

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 9:34pm On May 04, 2020
So I will share another experience.

After 2017/2018 Christmas/New Year festivities, during which I hammered normal (I was on rental with a nice 2005 Toyota Corolla), winter set in.

There was not much of rides happening. Those were days I would be online for 13 hours in one day and gross #7,000 for the whole 13 hours.

Winter week 1, I paid the major part of my #35,000 rental from my festivities hammer. Same for winter week 2 and winter week 3. Omo, winter week 4, I told car owner I can't afford to pay rental for that week; that he has to "adjuire," as we say in (Great) Ife. He asked me why, and I told him, see, you have a tracker on your car. You can see every km the car travelled during the week. Here is my email and PIN to both apps. Calculate everything I've grossed, remove the money I've spent for fuel and I will pay you whatever is left.

Like we say in Ife, it is better to jaw-jaw than to war-war. Car owner reasoned with me and told me to not to pay anything for that week.

Fast forward 1 year plus, he still calls me till tomorrow to ask after me. Sometime last year, he called me to ask if I wanted a tokunbo Corolla on hire purchase. I will pay at my convenience. No deposit, no guarantor. I told him no sir, I have a job.

I am going somewhere with my stories.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 9:36pm On May 04, 2020
nitigriti:
So I will share another experience.

After 2017/2018 Christmas/New Year festivities, during which I hammered normal (I was on rental with a nice 2005 Toyota Corolla), winter set in.

There was not much of rides happening. Those were days I would be online for 13 hours in one day and gross #7,000 for the whole 13 hours.

Winter week 1, I paid the major part of my #35,000 rental from my festivities hammer. Same for winter week 2 and winter week 3. Omo, winter week 4, I told car owner I can't afford to pay rental for that week; that he has to "adjuire," as we say in (Great) Ife. He asked me why, and I told him, see, you have a tracker on your car. You can see every km the car travelled during the week. Here is my email and PIN to both apps. Calculate everything I've grossed, remove the money I've spent for fuel and I will pay you whatever is left.

Like we say in Ife, it is better to jaw-jaw than to war-war. Car owner reasoned with me and told me to not to pay anything for that week.

Fast forward 1 year plus, he still calls me till tomorrow to ask after me. Sometime last year, he called me to ask if I wanted a tokunbo Corolla on hire purchase. I will pay at my convenience. No deposit, no guarantor. I told him no sir, I have a job.

I am going somewhere with my stories.

Oga come finish it now
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dovehorizon: 9:39pm On May 04, 2020
shollywendy1:
Me self don tey small for this thread.
First comment on page : 113
Still active on page : 2661.
Gazzuzz
Dru23
Oluwaseunla
Carshopper
Chillex
Slamstanlee
Nitigriti
Gentlelife50
Tgirl
Deedee
Dovehorizon
Chucsmoore
Romeo And others that have been active since then till date.
I hail oooooo. God bless u all.
It was Angryigboman recent post that reminded me of the good time here in the past.
"Odogwu" God bless you too

Thumbs up bro

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Richdee1(m): 10:20pm On May 04, 2020
Please where is Felicity001
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:39pm On May 04, 2020
radautoworks:
06 Camry, linkage. Almost 2 years and I wish to upgrade to 2011 model next year or the year after

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 11:02pm On May 04, 2020
Trouble dey sleep, yanga wan wake am. Na palaver you dey find (in Fela's voice) grin
Richdee1:

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 11:04pm On May 04, 2020
I use Corolla 09. Change linkages and hub most times. Pad once in a while. Used for a year already.
But still gonna hold on to it for some time.
radautoworks:

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ofime123(m): 11:06pm On May 04, 2020
Maybe the mod have block him
Richdee1:

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 6:47am On May 05, 2020
Why is uber destination trip not working at all time since yesterday. This is curfew period and drivers would need to get home on time.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 7:08am On May 05, 2020
Hi there am Ayodele Bishop an Auto Technician how may I be of help to you today?

Do you have any car issue you wish to discuss?
Do you have any car issue you professional input?

I will be available to answer all questions today?

Thanks

B-Automobile Nigeria Limited

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 7:21am On May 05, 2020
Good morning hustlers. Sorry I haven't been here for a while. Have been carried away by the sweetness and bitterness of the hustle in Abuja. Hope everyone is good and safe this period.

Please, can any Pilot Drive a rider from Lagos to Bayelsa? It's a drop off and you have to decide on how you will be able to cover for security check points, but the rider is ready to pay for any arrangements you make which will be included on your bill.

Please indicate if interested.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 7:28am On May 05, 2020
ajoks533:
Good morning hustlers. Sorry I haven't been here for a while. Have been carried away by the sweetness and bitterness of the hustle in Abuja. Hope everyone is good and safe this period.

Please, can any Pilot Drive a rider from Lagos to Bayelsa? It's a drop off and you have to decide on how you will be able to cover for security check points, but the rider is ready to pay for any arrangements you make which will be included on your bill.

Please indicate if interested.

Let's do this!! Where for Bayelsa, yenagoa,sagbama,kolokuma or brass?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2665) (2666) (2667) (2668) (2669) (2670) (2671) ... (5688) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: ruem and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.