Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,974 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2670) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4779669 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2667) (2668) (2669) (2670) (2671) (2672) (2673) ... (5698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 12:04pm On May 05, 2020
northbird:

Boss,well, its up to the CEO to decide, you have done ur advisory role as COO

But know that the staff not coming to work is purely circumstantial ( its beyond their control)

True, they can't demand for pay dey didn't work for.

But at times, we look beyond the staff members,

look @ d trickle down effect of the payment, how many individuals, family members, cousins, dependents will share from that paycheck.

So even if its a token to cover TRANSPORT ( although it won't b made known to them that way) , just like

Oga dash everybody money o, that kind stuff. cool

Then wait for the harvest grin, heartfelt prayers from the staff members.

You are very much on point sir. I will just run with this and see if I can plead with my boss to release something or everything sef for the staff; based on compassionate grounds.

Thank you so much for the advice.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 12:10pm On May 05, 2020
nitigriti:

Nobody worked at home, except me. I made sure everyone's salary was paid up to date before the lockdown.

My question is: if you were the owner of the company, would you pay your staff for the month none of them came to work and you also had no business?

Sometimes I can't help but imagine, how do we get to some argument on this platform, its easy to ignore some argument where information is not adequate, but to throw some light on this.

If the workers are on contract and get their pay only when they work, where absent means deduction from salary, then they r not even expecting the salary self, any thing that comes to them is bonus.

If you said salaried and the company is responsible for them with gratitude after retrenchment or sent forth, then you have to pay them their basic salary and deduct other allowance. At no point should you fault them or deny them basic salary for helpless decision beyond their capacity... Some companies ask their workers not to come to work yet, because they understand the situation better then you and your boss, it cost nothing to come to work and spread the virus to both you and ur boss, if 75% of the workers contact the virus and probably lead to the exit of 20% of ur work force, I'm sure you can mirror the reflection that will bring and understand why you and your boss have to watch over the well being of your workers. One of the reason I find it hard to fit into directly working for someone is this, I can't b broke and you want me to focus on work, I have my life and things to put together, the executives and HR don't care about me, so why should I care about them? If all companies choose to use the no work no pay pattern, 1 million boiz r small, by now d number would have gotten to 1 billion men and women, so please drop that "Don't take what you don't work for". Drop mic

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 12:12pm On May 05, 2020
please how do you draw a line between saving a life and keeping safe ?

I did couple of trips yesterday, on Ikorodu heading towards Maryland, I got a request from a rider who was at a notable lab to come pick her up, that meant I had to turn at Maryland to her location. She called and coughed before talking and that gave me a hint sort of, so I turned down the request also because I'm far from her.

If you unknowingly get to a location and the rider needs an emergency trip to the hospital, will you offer a ride or cancel it? This was my thought today as I left the house.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Megir: 12:14pm On May 05, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

Toyota Camry 06, looking to change to a minivan anytime soon. Toyota sienna or Honda Odyssey.

I think average car on e hailing should be able to do 3yrs or 4 if well managed.
Please how profitable is it to use the bolded on Uber/Bolt? Especially the 07-10 models
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 12:38pm On May 05, 2020
Babadee1900:
Its kind off dull for me today. I started late though, I’ve done two trips today between 8:30 and 10:30am.

About 30mins ago I got a message from bolt that I’ve been blocked from taking cash trip (-5215). I have paid, now waiting for them to unblock me.

VIO officials are on the road (Osapa London both sides) working together with Lastma.
I guess you live on island?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 12:43pm On May 05, 2020
Megir:

Please how profitable is it to use the bolded on Uber/Bolt? Especially the 07-10 models
I'm sure he's not planning using it on bolt/uber
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 05, 2020
Babadee1900:
Its kind off dull for me today. I started late though, I’ve done two trips today between 8:30 and 10:30am.

About 30mins ago I got a message from bolt that I’ve been blocked from taking cash trip (-5215). I have paid, now waiting for them to unblock me.

VIO officials are on the road (Osapa London both sides) working together with Lastma.

They won't unblock you immediately...it can take up to a week o...talking from experience...I think the best way is to just settle them off with card trip....just that card trip request is not frequent..

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by net7777(m): 12:48pm On May 05, 2020
still in need of a car to drive. i stay in Ipaja. 07084916368
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 12:55pm On May 05, 2020
peeps4u:

I'm sure he's not planning using it on bolt/uber

Yes I will be using it for e hailing but not full time.

I am starting an interstate line.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 12:59pm On May 05, 2020
peeps4u:

I guess you live on island?
Yes I do.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 1:00pm On May 05, 2020
Vision2045:

They won't unblock you immediately...it can take up to a week o...talking from experience...I think the best way is to just settle them off with card trip....just that card trip request is not frequent..
Chai! No request has come in over 2 hours now. Make I they go back to my house. cry
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 1:04pm On May 05, 2020
Megir:

It won't be anything compared to what you already know about e hailing profitability. Of course you can't compare a minivan with 3.5 liter, 6 plugs with a 1.8 Corolla or 2.4 Camry 4 plugs.

I am going interstate, if you have one we can talk business, there's room for everyone. Even the 2000 sienna model

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 1:48pm On May 05, 2020
Babadee1900:
Chai! No request has come in over 2 hours now. Make I they go back to my house. cry
Tuesday’s are very dull.

Na now my lockdown begin sef.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 2:03pm On May 05, 2020
Babadee1900:

Vio , Lastma? Wat r dey doing. Checking papers?

I thought d Governor said dey shd embrace social distancing.

N only essential stuff, moreover all d guys there are below level 15, so wat r dey doing.

Anyway thanks for d updates.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by waks1(m): 2:06pm On May 05, 2020
Billyddude:
. Run out of luck like been robbed in d night?
[b][/b]YES
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 2:11pm On May 05, 2020
Abeg updates o.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 2:20pm On May 05, 2020
Babadee1900:

Send them multiple mails. I was blocked yesterday and sent them a mail hoping they had good customer service and they'll respond promptly. That's was like around 2-3pm yesterday. Waited for for more than two hours, no request came in, whereas requests had been dropping little by little earlier. I think it was Northbird that suggested that I send more mails and I did that in evening.

I woke up this morning and the balance was still same, so no cash trips. It was later cleared around 9am. So you probably have to send more mails and wait till tomorrow.

P.S: The VIO guys at Jakande were after Danfo buses not keeping social distancing rules (I think)...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 2:22pm On May 05, 2020
northbird:
Abeg updates o.

There are requests outside if you have a strong mind. If not, just dey your house jeje... grin grin

Meanwhile, why didn't Bolt send mails to riders about new rules for rides (2 riders per ride and AC turned off)?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sexylassie2(f): 2:23pm On May 05, 2020
nitigriti:

You are very much on point sir. I will just run with this and see if I can plead with my boss to release something or everything sef for the staff; based on compassionate grounds.

Thank you so much for the advice.

Now you want to plead to your boss after doing damage.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sexylassie2(f): 2:27pm On May 05, 2020
nitigriti:

Every staff is salaried where I work.

And insensitive or not, it is not right for anyone to expect payment for work that he or she did not do.

You are not the one to Decide that but your boss.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 2:30pm On May 05, 2020
InfinityEstates:

Send them multiple mails. I was blocked yesterday and sent them a mail hoping they had good customer service and they'll respond promptly. That's was like around 2-3pm yesterday. Waited for for more than two hours, no request came in, whereas requests had been dropping little by little earlier. I think it was Northbird that suggested that I send more mails and I did that in evening.

I woke up this morning and the balance was still same, so no cash trips. It was later cleared around 9am. So you probably have to send more mails and wait till tomorrow.

P.S: The VIO guys at Jakande were after Danfo buses not keeping social distancing rules (I think)...
I have sent them couple of mails on every of their email address I can find. Also sent an InApp message too hoping that by tomorrow morning they would have unblocked me.

As for the VIO officials, I don’t know who they are after but from the way they are positioned on both sides of the road they are not their to joke.

Please let me have Bolt email address that you used.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 2:31pm On May 05, 2020
chillex8:

Tuesday’s are very dull.

Na now my lockdown begin sef.
After you don make money during the lockdown grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 2:33pm On May 05, 2020
Babadee1900:
I have sent them couple of mails on every of their email address I can find. Also sent an InApp message too hoping that by tomorrow morning they would have unblocked me.

As for the VIO officials, I don’t know who they are after but from the way they are positioned on both sides of the road they are not their to joke.

Please let me have Bolt email address that you used.

info@bolt.eu
support@bolt.zendesk.com

Send to these two, plus the InApp Messenger...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 2:36pm On May 05, 2020
northbird:

Vio , Lastma? Wat r dey doing. Checking papers?

I thought d Governor said dey shd embrace social distancing.

N only essential stuff, moreover all d guys there are below level 15, so wat r dey doing.

Anyway thanks for d updates.

Like Infinityestate said, it might be to arrest Danfo drivers violating the social distancing order.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 2:36pm On May 05, 2020
InfinityEstates:

info@bolt.eu
support@bolt.zendesk.com

Send to these two, plus the InApp Messenger...
Thank you

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 2:40pm On May 05, 2020
Babadee1900:
Thank you

You're welcome.

Meanwhile, I still see guys driving with AC turned on. Did Uber send the same mail to drivers concerning 2riders and no AC turned on? Please drivers on Uber should confirm this.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 2:47pm On May 05, 2020
InfinityEstates:

You're welcome.

Meanwhile, I still see guys driving with AC turned on. Did Uber send the same mail to drivers concerning 2riders and no AC turned on? Please drivers on Uber should confirm this.
Riders don’t read undecided I am actually surprised that so far no rider has protested with no using of AC. Some still want to sit in the front seat.

I must confess that I’ve been using my AC in traffic, especially that crazy Abraham Adesanya traffic. I can’t come and roast abeg.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 2:50pm On May 05, 2020
Babadee1900:
Riders don’t read undecided I am actually surprised that so far no rider has protested with no using of AC. Some still want to sit in the front seat.

I must confess that I’ve been using my AC in traffic, especially that crazy Abraham Adesanya traffic. I can’t come and roast abeg.

I dey my house like this. The sun and that Abraham Adesanya traffic is maad... I wonder why they couldn't fast track completion of the road including that of Lekki during the lockdown...

Riders don't complain because I tell them before I even start the trip.

Li
Me: Good morning. The AC would not be turned ON. Are you ok with it?

Usually, they say 'No problem, I understand'. Some would ask 'Why?', and I tell them new government regulations.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tozic: 2:52pm On May 05, 2020
sexylassie2:

SO WHAT? YOU THINK HE SHARES THE SAME LINEAGE WITH YOUR FAMILY?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sexylassie2(f): 3:00pm On May 05, 2020
Tozic:

Abeg guys help me beg sexylassie2 make she no vex for ranting at her
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 3:01pm On May 05, 2020
sexylassie2:

At least he has had a change of heart.

Abeg Noh come vex am come pour sand for those poor workers garri!!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Iskeelm(m): 3:02pm On May 05, 2020
remittance is guaranteed

(1) (2) (3) ... (2667) (2668) (2669) (2670) (2671) (2672) (2673) ... (5698) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: vicdon(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.