Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,047 members, 7,810,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2669) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4730385 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2666) (2667) (2668) (2669) (2670) (2671) (2672) ... (5688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 7:36am On May 05, 2020
nitigriti:
Something weird happened today at work. My boss calls me and says,
"Deji, please prepare the payroll for April; let's pay the staff their salary."

I was dumbfounded for a few seconds. My boss notices that I'm acting confused. He asks me what's wrong.

Me: "Sir, we are not paying April salary. The business didn't open. No member of staff came to work."

My boss stared at me, not believing himself. "Are you sure, Deji?"

Me: "Very sure, sir."

Did I do wrong? Did I not do wrong?

By the time masquerades start pursuing you in your dreams or children crying hunger in your ears everytime you sleep.

Just let us know,we will simply dig up this post for u. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 7:39am On May 05, 2020
Interested
ajoks533:
Good morning hustlers. Sorry I haven't been here for a while. Have been carried away by the sweetness and bitterness of the hustle in Abuja. Hope everyone is good and safe this period.

Please, can any Pilot Drive a rider from Lagos to Bayelsa? It's a drop off and you have to decide on how you will be able to cover for security check points, but the rider is ready to pay for any arrangements you make which will be included on your bill.

Please indicate if interested.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 7:43am On May 05, 2020
Felicity0001, I sight you.

Guys, this winter is worse than than WW11.
I'm in Lekki online on Bolt for more than 1 hr, no request.

I think Bolt is not helping. They only sent message to drivers to update them on the new guideline but failed to do so with riders.

I guess, riders don't even know what is going on especially for those who can't make request after 6pm yesterday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 7:48am On May 05, 2020
davit:
Felicity0001, I sight you.

Guys, this winter is worse than than WW11.
I'm in Lekki online on Bolt for more than 1 hr, no request.

I think Bolt is not helping. They only sent message to drivers to update them on the new guideline but failed to do so with riders.

I guess, riders don't even know what is going on especially for those who can't make request after 6pm yesterday.

It's gradual sir, just be patient!! Things will start picking gradually
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 7:48am On May 05, 2020
Good morning my people.

Here how I’m trying to stay safe while looking for BREAD!

This morning I cleaned my car interior with little hypo and water mixture. Then proceeded to spraying all the door handles with methylated spirit, left the doors opened for awhile to allow fresh air enter then spray air freshener.

I turned on the heater and allowed the car heat up for all the time I needed to bath and get ready to hit the road.

Before Corona, washing of the car and cleaning the interior is my security guys job but now I’m taking responsibility of the interior while he does the exterior cleaning.

Guys please pay extra attention to the driver area, your seat belt, radio console area, wiper switch, light switch, window controls etc.
NO SAFETY MEASURE IS TOO MUCH. Do whatever you need to do in order to stay safe.

Last night, when I got home my babe wanted to hug, I quickly signaled to her to stay back, took of my clothes and went straight to the bathroom. When I finished, I rubbed sanitizer over my phones , WiFi device, wristwatch then drank ginger laced warm water.

God be with us all as we go about our daily activities.

Incase you don’t know, some people contracted the virus yesterday just by been foolish undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 7:50am On May 05, 2020
radautoworks:
In seeing linkages and bushings.

Okay. Next question. What cars do you drive and how many years on average so you see yourselves using those cars?
. Apart from tyres, changed shocks once, yet to change brake pads and linkage.

Corolla '10. Got it Toks last year April, I don't mind changing it this year so it goes away with my e-hailing memories but max next year God helping.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 8:49am On May 05, 2020
Cc: madam Radu

Corolla 04
Got it in 2018 tokunbo, changed tire, shocks, hub, bushings, linkage,
Will like to upgrade to a 2010 Camry

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dckng16(m): 8:59am On May 05, 2020
nitigriti:

I was dumbfounded for a few seconds. My boss notices that I'm acting confused. He asks me what's wrong.

Me: "Sir, we are not paying April salary. The business didn't open. No member of staff came to work."

You re very wicked. You need Jesus !!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 9:46am On May 05, 2020
ofime123:
Maybe the mod have block him
Some guys here, on hearing this.
[img]https://media1./images/d5bd4e441ed3a7a4606e31c41a2b16c5/tenor.gif?itemid=15595949[/img]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 10:01am On May 05, 2020
So the moral of my two stories is this:
Don't take whatever doesn't belong to you.

If my employer was naive enough to the point of thinking he had a responsibility to pay staff who didn't work in April salary from business that never happened in April, then I, as his COO, is duty-bound to set him right. And I'm proud I did just that.

Now, if he decides, of his own freewill, to gift his staff their April salaries, then I'm cool with it.

Even for my car owner (in my second narrative), I was not willing to pay him for what the car never earned. We signed a rental agreement to use the car for e-hailing purposes and to remit a rent from the earnings thereof. The moment it became impossible for the car to earn the agreed rental, despite working 70 hours + in the week (clause also in the agreement), I had the right to call a 'force majeure,' which I did.

Concluding, this is not about morals. This is about doing right no matter its cost. I regularly encounter these situations of temptations and I regularly resist them. And my life has been better for it too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 10:09am On May 05, 2020
Infra-red thermometers available for sale @ #30,000 per unit.
Brand new
Reliable
Free delivery within lagos
10cartons available.

Pls call 08094686680 to place your orders. wink

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:11am On May 05, 2020
nitigriti:

If my employer was naive enough to the point of thinking he had a responsibility to pay staff who didn't work in April salary from business that never happened in April, then I, as his COO, is duty-bound to set him right. And I'm proud I did just that.

Now, if he decides, of his own freewill, to gift his staff their April salaries, then I'm cool with it.

Even for my car owner (in my second narrative), I was not willing to pay him for what the car never earned. We signed a rental agreement to use the car for e-hailing purposes and to remit a rent from the earnings thereof. The moment it became impossible for the car to earn the agreed rental, despite working 70 hours + in the week (clause also in the agreement), I had the right to call a 'force majeure,' which I did.

Concluding, this is not about morals. This is about doing right no matter its cost. I regularly encounter these situations of temptations and I regularly resist them. And my life has been better for it too.

IMHO, The two examples do not match actually. Maybe you should look for another example to match the COO story

But it's definitely good to do the right thing

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 10:16am On May 05, 2020
nitigriti:

The right thing was 'to prepare the payroll for oga to see' .. actually u didnt do ur duty - 'to prepare the payroll' which would have shown NO WORK done for that month...

Do you think ur oga forgot?

grin grin cheesy

18 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 10:20am On May 05, 2020
nitigriti:

The circumstances are different, I don't know what your engagement contracts or terms are between your employer and his employees, if they were wage earners or salaried.

For the former, decision to pay or not could be at Management's whim but for the latter you are obliged to pay or at worst negotiate.

The car rental analogy, for as long as you are in pocession of the car, u must pay the rental and if you are unable to for any reason,u should drop the car except your partner allows you hold on to it..

Your partner applied discretion and chose to be magnanimous, he could have as well rescheduled your payment to a future date thereby having you in arrears while you on the other hand utterly chose to be downright insensitive to your workers plight.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by net7777(m): 10:30am On May 05, 2020
morning to d house. still in need of a car to work with. i reside in Ipaja Lagos. 07084916368
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 10:31am On May 05, 2020
Carshopper:

The right thing was 'to prepare the payroll for oga to see' .. actually u didnt do ur duty - 'to prepare the payroll' which would have shown NO WORK done for that month...

Do you think ur oga forgot?

grin grin cheesy

You have a point there, actually.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 10:36am On May 05, 2020
While they were not at work, I'm sure they were still 'working' at home i.e receiving calls from clients or calling clients etc. You could have just showed your boss the worksheet for the month and advised him to use his discretion since it was nobody's fault.

Everyone needs some sort of palliatives now as the situation is peculiar. You advising against payment is outright evil. Wisdom is profitable to direct.

No go let oversabi kill you o.

23 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 10:37am On May 05, 2020
nitigriti:

You have a point there, actually.

But it's all good.. protecting a business comes with a lot of instant decisions.... you did right by mentioning no work done (imagine its a board meeting u were asked to give report for April)
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 10:45am On May 05, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

The circumstances are different, I don't know what your engagement contracts or terms are between your employer and his employees, if they were wage earners or salaried.

For the former, decision to pay or not could be at Management's whim but for the latter you are obliged to pay or at worst negotiate.

The car rental analogy, for as long as you are in pocession of the car, u must pay the rental and if you are unable to for any reason,u should drop the car except your partner allows you hold on to it..

Your partner applied discretion and chose to be magnanimous, he could have as well rescheduled your payment to a future date thereby having you in arrears while you on the other hand utterly chose to be downright insensitive to your workers plight.

Every staff is salaried where I work.

And insensitive or not, it is not right for anyone to expect payment for work that he or she did not do.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 10:47am On May 05, 2020
kodred:
While they were not at work, I'm sure they were still 'working' at home i.e receiving calls from clients or calling clients etc. You could have just showed your boss the worksheet for the month and advised him to use his discretion since it was nobody's fault.

Everyone needs some sort of palliatives now as the situation is peculiar. You advising against payment is outright evil. Wisdom is profitable to direct.

No go let oversabi kill you o.

Nobody worked at home, except me. I made sure everyone's salary was paid up to date before the lockdown.

My question is: if you were the owner of the company, would you pay your staff for the month none of them came to work and you also had no business?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 10:55am On May 05, 2020
nitigriti:

Nobody worked at home, except me. I made sure everyone's salary was paid up to date before the lockdown.

My question is: if you were the owner of the company, would you pay your staff for the month none of them came to work and you also had no business?

No I will not...

In my business, what I closed down the office March 28th and paid salary for that month. Mid April I just sent them an little sum to keep body together. That was based on human thinking... business thinking, I will pay salaries for period no work or business.

My brother, u did OK... when they run their own business u will see business decisions isnt based on human feelings
grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:56am On May 05, 2020
nitigriti:

I'm trying to understand your point from this question?

The answer is entirely up to the Business owner. But saying "don't take what doesn't belong to you" does not blend with your example.

The FG paid people that didn't come to work. Banks paid people that didn't come to work. Many companies paid their staff that didn't come to work. Guinness Nigeria wants to support their customers that did not sell a single bottle during the lockdown. How does all these translate to "taking what doesn't belong to you?"

If your boss decided to pay anybody, it's fine. I don't know the mode of operation in your workplace.

Like Carshopper said, your job was to prepare the sheet. After all, your boss knows that they(not out of their volution) didn't come to work

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 11:05am On May 05, 2020
nitigriti:

Every staff is salaried where I work.

And insensitive or not, it is not right for anyone to expect payment for work that he or she did not do.

According to your story, nobody was expecting salary, but your boss probably felt it would be appropriate to help. We're you certain he wanted to pay the full salaries or a part just to sustain his staff and keep them in good shape.

Yeah!! It's best to do right,that much I agree, however I think you were a little to extreme in your call to duty.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:05am On May 05, 2020
Babadee1900:
Good morning my people.

Here how I’m trying to stay safe while looking for BREAD!

This morning I cleaned my car interior with little hypo and water mixture. Then proceeded to spraying all the door handles with methylated spirit, left the doors opened for awhile to allow fresh air enter then spray air freshener.

I turned on the heater and allowed the car heat up for all the time I needed to bath and get ready to hit the road.

Before Corona, washing of the car and cleaning the interior is my security guys job but now I’m taking responsibility of the interior while he does the exterior cleaning.

Guys please pay extra attention to the driver area, your seat belt, radio console area, wiper switch, light switch, window controls etc.
NO SAFETY MEASURE IS TOO MUCH. Do whatever you need to do in order to stay safe.

Last night, when I got home my babe wanted to hug, I quickly signaled to her to stay back, took of my clothes and went straight to the bathroom. When I finished, I rubbed sanitizer over my phones , WiFi device, wristwatch then drank ginger laced warm water.

God be with us all as we go about our daily activities.

Incase you don’t know, some people contracted the virus yesterday just by been foolish undecided

I hope you disinfect the entire car (exterior and interior) before your security washes it?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 11:23am On May 05, 2020
peeps4u:

I hope you disinfect the entire car (exterior and interior) before your security washes it?
Yes.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 11:33am On May 05, 2020
@ babadee, davit, and others.

pls wats the update on biz environment like today,

Like any spike in rides. Abeg make una update us o.

For my area now, no bikes @ all. Even small short distance to buy bread n co.

Unless you drive.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Richdee1(m): 11:40am On May 05, 2020
Please Who can help me with the details of this number using true caller 08103205691
His address if possible,Social Media account and all
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 11:42am On May 05, 2020
Richdee1:
Please Who can help me with the details of this number using true caller

His address if possible,Social Media account and all

What did he do?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun360(m): 11:47am On May 05, 2020
Guys on the road, abeg, how the hustle dey go?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 11:48am On May 05, 2020
nitigriti:

Boss,well, its up to the CEO to decide, you have done ur advisory role as COO

But know that the staff not coming to work is purely circumstantial ( its beyond their control)

True, they can't demand for pay dey didn't work for.

But at times, we look beyond the staff members,

look @ d trickle down effect of the payment, how many individuals, family members, cousins, dependents will share from that paycheck.

So even if its a token to cover TRANSPORT ( although it won't b made known to them that way) , just like

Oga dash everybody money o, that kind stuff. cool

Then wait for the harvest grin, heartfelt prayers from the staff members.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Richdee1(m): 11:52am On May 05, 2020
izzou:

What did he do?

He scammed ma friend 5k to register him for one MMM abi ponzi scheme. He blocked him on all social media platform. This new ponzi that's going on currently. Giftal world abi Atpay

I need his detaiks
Nairaland FBI
Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 11:58am On May 05, 2020
northbird:
@ babadee, davit, and others.

pls wats the update on biz environment like today,

Like any spike in rides. Abeg make una update us o.

For my area now, no bikes @ all. Even small short distance to buy bread n co.

Unless you drive.
Its kind off dull for me today. I started late though, I’ve done two trips today between 8:30 and 10:30am.

About 30mins ago I got a message from bolt that I’ve been blocked from taking cash trip (-5215). I have paid, now waiting for them to unblock me.

VIO officials are on the road (Osapa London both sides) working together with Lastma.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2666) (2667) (2668) (2669) (2670) (2671) (2672) ... (5688) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.