Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,893 members, 7,810,430 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5635) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4729615 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5632) (5633) (5634) (5635) (5636) (5637) (5638) ... (5688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 9:03pm On Feb 04
ThatIgboBoy:

What if renewal was done while the HP deal was still on? Is he expected to be driving in lagos with expired docs? You know how lagos is.

I really don't know how they got to the point where he was renewing papers with his money. They should have come to an agremeent to have it removed it from the weekly HP payment.

Now that the mistake has been made, he has paid millions of hard earned naira on the car already. Just return the car papers and go with the car in peace.

I will also not be comfortable knowing someone is still driving a vehicle I have sold with my plates. If I was in the shoes of the car owner, I would have refunded the money.

But if he's refusing to refund, there's not much the driver can do apart from returning the car plates.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 9:04pm On Feb 04
Djdamian:

God pass you sha. I never asked you to sell your phone . Your lies are just too much

You brought the deal yourself, I never asked and I told you the only way I can raise deposit is to sell my phone, why didn't you say I shouldn't worry about the deposit since I wanted to sell my phone to raise the money, I never said you asked me to sell it but I told you that's the only way for me to raise money cox you know I wanted another car, you now made me sell it finish only for you to now said you want to propose a different offer from the one we both agreed to before I sold my phone.

Why didn't you stick to the initial agreement

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 9:08pm On Feb 04
Itsrm:

I really don't know how they got to the point where he was renewing papers with his money. They should have come to an agremeent to have it removed it from the weekly HP payment.

Now that the mistake has been made, he has paid millions of hard earned naira on the car already. Just return the car papers and go with the car in peace.

I will not also be comfortable knowing someone is still driving a vehicle I have sold with my plates. If I was in the shoes of the car owner, I would have refunded the money.

But if he's refusing to refund, there's not much the driver can do apart from returning the car plates.

I'm not even saying I'm not returning the car license, after all, have I not been using it during the agreement period, so why is he making issues out of it when I've fully paid for the car. I could have committed crime with the same license when I haven't completed payment, so why will it be when I've completed payment he is now feeling unsafe for me to use it...

And also, this is what I renewed with my money, at least, let me have value for the money spent on it, if he doesn't want me to use it anymore, he should pay for it so I can use the money to change it to my name and give him his...

It's simple, life no supposed hard na

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Djdamian(m): 9:10pm On Feb 04
Guys I have sent the change of ownership to Pearl1910 since he quoted him on this matter ,so he sends to Ola. Once I find the custom papers I will send it down.

Good night guys and I don't think I will visit this page again nor contribute anything cos this page has lost it's value and people like Omoapena are making it hard for investors to seek drivers on his page .
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 9:15pm On Feb 04
Djdamian:
Guys I have sent the change of ownership to Pearl1910 since he quoted him on this matter ,so he sends to Ola. Once I find the custom papers I will send it down.

Good night guys and I don't think I will visit this page again nor contribute anything cos this page has lost it's value and people like Omoapena are making it hard for investors to seek drivers on his page .

Hahaha, did you say investor, anybody that have any business deal with you will surely regret it, you shouldn't consider yourself investor at all coz you're far from it, you're a problem that will frustrate and annoy the hell out of someone who has good intention...

Don't make me play your ringtones...

Nairalanders, for your sanity sake, don't have anything to do with this guy here...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 9:21pm On Feb 04
Omoapena:

I'm not even saying I'm not returning the car license, after all, have I not been using it during the agreement period, so why is he making issues out of it when I've fully paid for the car. I could have committed crime with the same license when I haven't completed payment, so why will it be when I've completed payment he is now feeling unsafe for me to use it...

And also, this is what I renewed with my money, at least, let me have value for the money spent on it, if he doesn't want me to use it anymore, he should pay for it so I can use the money to change it to my name and give him his...

It's simple, life no supposed hard na

Well, good he has eventually released the transfer of ownership. I believe this puts the issue at rest.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Djdamian(m): 9:21pm On Feb 04
Omoapena:
@Djdamian

I will forever be grateful to you...

Only God knows where I would have been if not for the offer you gave me in 2022...

Tho, you shaked me alot during the Hire Purchase duration but I still appreciate you for the patience and support...

God will perfect everything that concerns you.

The journey wouldn't have gotten to this level if we never had a successful deal in 2018..

A lesson to others, in everything you do, honesty should be your priority....

Coming from someone who said this. It's well o guys.

Make una take care.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 9:21pm On Feb 04
He wants to troll me for making a loan to buy car 🤣🤣🤣

What a joker.

Guy, you better change that your ways, I'm pretty sure you can't have a business partner coz you're so unstable with your words...

I'm gentle o but what I hate is someone trying to cheat another person, and that's why I'm always honest in all my dealings but someone like you will frustrate someone to talk....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 9:26pm On Feb 04
Djdamian:

Coming from someone who said this. It's well o guys.

Make una take care.

Let me now shock you, I only said that so you could feel you're a good person and just to make peace with you but I realize you don't even deserve the peace, that was just said to make your head swell like garri, many people on this group know I only said that for saying sake, the experience with you was bad right from day 1 I had encounter with you......

Did you forget how I linked u up wit a car seller in 2018, a car that I myself didn't see but I only helped the seller to market, do you know what you said to me after getting the car?

You just came at me in my dm and started saying nonsense that I sold you bad car only for you to later say that the car wasn't that bad, it was the person you gave that was complaining of overheating...

You know how you attacked me then coz it's in your blood, you're so impatient and you're full of problem.

No good experience with you since day 1 we had engagement

I got the car from you, and i appreciate that fact but after getting the car, the journey wasn't smooth, you made it so tiring, I only scaled through coz I was ambitious and I planned myself well.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 9:35pm On Feb 04
Itsrm:

Well, good he has eventually released the transfer of ownership. I believe this puts the issue at rest.

I haven't gotten it tho, I don't have issues with transfer of ownership cox I can change the papers without that, my concern has been the custom papers, that's more important to me...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 9:46pm On Feb 04
Djdamian:

Nothing fishy. I just don't want anything to do with him again hence the reason I am asking for my plate number. I don't need his car,God has blessed me beyond my wildest imagination to be that shallow even when I feel don't deserve His blessings and grace. To the point that I don't need to get a loan if i want to buy a car or anything I want.

The custom paper is missing it should be when I moved from my old apartment to my current one(I am still looking for it as we speak)

I ignored him on WhatsApp cos he keeps insulting me. As usual he came to nairaland to get unnecessary sympathy.

I will give him the custom paper when found and change of ownership as soon as he agrees to give me my plate number latest first week of march

Pls, what will happen if you can't find the custom papers

Pls, I need to know this...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 10:02pm On Feb 04
Person wey no sabi God's existence dey talk say God bless am🤣🤣🤣

You're a big joker🤡🤡, where you supposed dey get credits, nah you go still use your hand spoil am🤣🤣

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:09am On Feb 05
This thread can never die. grin
Drama and concert everyday.
Where those our guys wey no dey use linkage for their car sef. Donfortune and co

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:12am On Feb 05
O Gini na afio?
I am seeing 50 unread messages, abi una do give away?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 12:42pm On Feb 05
This is exactly how he came along last year on this thread wailing and complaining about this same man. People rallied for and with him. Telling him encouraging words and calming both parties down. Me self carry my big mouth dey put inside . . .

Only for him to later come and laugh at me, saying I never said anything in his defence or anything to motivate him. That whatever i did was a waste as he never needed it.

But here he is again, he has come exactly how he came last time. The same vehicle. The same partner. The same type of wahala grin

My advice to everyone here is to face their front and not put mouth in their quarrel because tomorrow this same man that is crying here for help will still tell you that you wasted your efforts to aid him.

If others are snakes This one na ANACONDA cool

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 12:48pm On Feb 05
Conner44:
This is exactly how he came along last year on this thread wailing and complaining about this same man. People rallied for and with him. Telling him encouraging words and calming both parties down. Me self carry my big mouth dey put inside . . .

Only for him to later come and laugh at me, saying I never said anything in his defence or anything to motivate him. That whatever i did was a waste as he never needed it.

But here he is again, he has come exactly how he came last time. The same vehicle. The same partner. The same type of wahala grin

My advice to everyone here is to face their front and not put mouth in their quarrel because tomorrow this same man that is crying here for help will still tell you that you wasted your efforts to aid him.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Is that your own headache?

Guy, learn to pick your sub...

Nah the problematic guy I blame for this cox normally, if he isn't problematic, I won't be having this stressing issues...

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 1:31pm On Feb 05
Djdamian:

LoL -_-

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 1:34pm On Feb 05
Conner44:

I see this differently.

If I paid off a HP deal BEFORE I am supposed to, why can't I use the plates until the exact time AGREED?

Should I be at a disadvantage because I paid off a hire purchase quicker than I'm supposed to?

Will he be demanding plates if I still insist on paying off the car on a weekly basis like we agreed on, even though I can pay off everything?

14 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 1:38pm On Feb 05
If I pay off a car in less than the agreed time, but want to hold on to the plates, status quo should be maintained. The documents should be with owner as well till the agreed time

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TUBLEZ(m): 5:53pm On Feb 05
Omoapena:

This thing can be annoying, you will ask them to confirm their location if it's accurate and they will tell you didn't you see my location, after getting to that location on the app, they will now tell you they can't see you only to realize the location isn't correct.

Nah so I swear for one o coz I politely asked and he said I should follow my map, wasted time and fuel come still enter bad road join am.

Another 1 requested me on bolt, I asked him if the street is accurate before I start coming, na so this one cancel coz I asked a question.
If not for endurance and for money sake, the kind things person dey see for this hustle for don make person quit.
and they know how to ask whr are u wen they request like they don't see ur location too nit when u ask dem same question dem go dey vex

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donbrowser(m): 5:58pm On Feb 05
TUBLEZ:
8and they know how to ask whr are u wen they request like they don't see ur location too nit when u ask dem same question dem go dey vex

Na only God know wetin dey vex them
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dav1002(m): 8:22pm On Feb 05
CheerfulGiver:

If I pay off a car in less than the agreed time, but want to hold on to the plates, status quo should be maintained. The documents should be with owner as well till the agreed time

Exactly

I concur

Or since djdamian is still with the custom papers and change of ownership, he should hold on to it to the contract expires abinitio

Then he collects his plates and handover the remaining documents and both parties is happy

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 8:42pm On Feb 05
dav1002:

Exactly

I concur

Or since djdamian is still with the custom papers and change of ownership, he should hold on to it to the contract expires abinitio

Then he collects his plates and handover the remaining documents and both parties is happy

Was told I can't change the license plate number without custom papers....

I will need the custom paper and he will give me few weeks for the new license to come out...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 8:47pm On Feb 05
dav1002:

Exactly

I concur

Technically, they are both right.

But you can't have custom/original car papers and also hold on to the plates, especially since the owner wants them back and he is right to demand them back. The plates were not in the agreement.

Purchaser also has rights to the plates only until contract expires or plate expires. It's wrong to forcefully demand papers under the pretext of payment completion.

This issue can be resolved by:

1. Car owner paying for plates renewal. Purchaser renewing plates was not in agreement

2. Car owner allowing plates to expire, or contract expire. Whichever comes first.

3. If number 2 will be followed, purchaser will have to let renewal money go because.....

4. Sit ass down like men over bottle of beer and come to an agreement on how to let this issue slide.

It's easy to think you've arrived and can disrespect someone who chose to give you an opportunity to own a car because you have completed payment. Life doesn't really work that way because - manner of approach. You don't destroy the ladder you used in climbing to any height. Law of nature

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 8:53pm On Feb 05
Omoapena:

Was told I can't change the license plate number without custom papers....

I will need the custom paper and he will give me few weeks for the new license to come out...
This is why I said you don't destroy ladders.

He technically doesn't have to give you few weeks if he pays for the plates, and gives you the custom papers. At that point, you no longer have rights over the plates UNDER THE LAW and TERMs of your AGREEMENT.

He may only choose to give you few weeks, if he so pleases. It's not your right. But since you chose to dive in headfirst, well....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 9:14pm On Feb 05
CheerfulGiver:
This is why I said you don't destroy ladders.

He technically doesn't have to give you few weeks if he pays for the plates, and gives you the custom papers. At that point, you no longer have rights over the plates UNDER THE LAW and TERMs of your AGREEMENT.

He may only choose to give you few weeks, if he so pleases. It's not your right. But since you chose to dive in headfirst, well....

I paid for the renewal of this plate, I asked him to renew it since it carries his name but he refused and said he has nothing to do about that and he has given the car to me and I have to do the renewal...

So, I did it and moreover, we talked about this thing and I told him he should let me have value for my money and I will give it to him when it expires....

I have nothing to do with the license, just wanna have value for the renewal I paid for...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 9:38pm On Feb 05
Omoapena:

I paid for the renewal of this plate, I asked him to renew it since it carries his name but he refused and said he has nothing to do about that and he has given the car to me and I have to do the renewal...

So, I did it and moreover, we talked about this thing and I told him he should let me have value for my money and I will give it to him when it expires....

I have nothing to do with the license, just wanna have value for the renewal I paid for...
If this is true, is he implying he gave you the car with the plates? If he actually said so then, he has no rights to the plates unless he pays for the renewal, or unless it was clearly stated that the purchaser does the renewal.

Value for your money in this case is either to use the plates until it expires or contract expires or You get refunded for renewal. You can't get a refund and still hold the plates.

If by his response he implies that the hp deal included the plates, he therefore should not ask for the plates back, but should hasten to provide change of ownership and custom papers.

You both are trying to outsmart one another.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Djdamian(m): 9:47pm On Feb 05
CheerfulGiver:
If this is true, is he implying he gave you the car with the plates? If he actually said so then, he has no rights to the plates unless he pays for the renewal, or unless it was clearly stated that the purchaser does the renewal.

Value for your money in this case is either to use the plates until it expires or contract expires or You get refunded for renewal. You can't get a refund and still hold the plates.

If by his response he implies that the hp deal included the plates, he therefore should not ask for the plates back, but should hasten to provide change of ownership and custom papers.

You both are trying to outsmart one another.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Djdamian(m): 9:52pm On Feb 05
Dear all,

Omoapena said I am a trouble maker,a problematic person and a stalker.

Despite defaulting in our Hire Purchase Agreement in some areas in which I overlooked cos i am a very understanding person. Maybe it's time I show him a little bit of trouble.

Our agreement states and I quote "not sell, assign,pledge, mortgage,underlet ,lend or part with the possession of the said vehicle and not allow the said vehicle to be used by anybody else or kept or detained or run for the use of any other person"

He has publicly admitted the vehicle was with the Indians since last year August without my knowledge.

My lawyer will officially write to him on breach of contract
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 10:00pm On Feb 05
Well, it's there in black and white. Purchaser agreed to renew the vehicle papers.

I think there are aspects of the agreement the purchaser did not properly review.

That agreement is a carefully worded TRAP
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 10:05pm On Feb 05
Djdamian:
Dear all,

Omoapena said I am a trouble maker,a problematic person and a stalker.

Despite defaulting in our Hire Purchase Agreement in some areas in which I overlooked cos i am a very understanding person. Maybe it's time I show him a little bit of trouble.

Our agreement states and I quote "not sell, assign,pledge, mortgage,underlet ,lend or part with the possession of the said vehicle and not allow the said vehicle to be used by anybody else or kept or detained or run for the use of any other person"

He has publicly admitted the vehicle was with the Indians since last year August without my knowledge.

My lawyer will officially write to him on breach of contract
I hate to admit, but this aspect is true under the LAW
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 10:16pm On Feb 05
Djdamian, pls tamper justice with mercy. Na beg I dey beg you. This guy has completed your payment, even though he went against the agreement. Pls, for the sake of peace and your own peace of mind, settle this amicably with him.

Don't let this go too far my brother. You're bigger than this.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5632) (5633) (5634) (5635) (5636) (5637) (5638) ... (5688) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: pope191

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.