Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,990 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (852871 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bigfido: 5:08pm On Dec 07, 2015
you were lucky.. BA charges $200 per bag after allowed 2 bags

toparie:
BTW..... Between my mum, baby and I, we checked in 8 heavy luggages, had one hand luggage, about 5 bags plus baby's car seat and stroller and they didn't take a dime off us for them. In that regard BA was awesome

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Tobermom: 5:37pm On Dec 07, 2015
ozycy:

Hahahahahaha
Not Feddy Ow but another eastern Feddy lol

So this is a feddy thingy? I thought it was restricted to the north kawai! Lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by BBSweetheart: 5:38pm On Dec 07, 2015
AmatuRahman:

Thank you all for your contributions that helped me in preparing well.
And thanks to favouredgal cause you gingered me to make plans to go to US for childbirth for my first born on your first trip to give birth to your daughter.

Congratulations, i pray for same Grace and Favour too, in January,

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by feddy27: 6:01pm On Dec 07, 2015
@AmatuRahman, congrats dearie and weldone for coming back to share your story...God will perfect the remaining part of this missionary journey for you!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by omogedudu99: 6:14pm On Dec 07, 2015
favoredgal:

To the best of my knowledge Jewish is the same as Naija o!

Well...circumcision itself originated from the jews. So if any set if people will be the experts, it should be the jews.

The procedure employed by the jewish pediatrician was different from what obtains back home. He used some handheld equipments and the whole process was like a minor surgical operation.

I think the hallmark of the naija style is the plastic ring that is used. They didn't use the plastic ring for my boy but the shape and look came out like the naija style...If not better sef

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by phyto: 7:05pm On Dec 07, 2015
firsttymum:
For those who have to pump milk, did u pump on the plane? if yes how did u do it.

I had to constantly pump to keep up bm supply for my daughter (she was exclusive and I had to go to work). Ive pumped on planes, in cabs, in clients offices midway through meetings, in the car while driving and even a couple of times when I had to quickly get out of the car to buy a few things.
Just invest in a good portable pump with a compact bag and portable storage bag, preferably one thats not too noisy. Make sure the pump can use both battery and electricity. Also get a good handsfree nursing bra and nursing cover. Nobody needs to know what u are doing and if they wonder what is protruding from under your nursing cover thats their business.

If the reason you want to pump is that you are worried about breastfeeding in public though, forget that thing. Its your right. Just drape your blanket and go on. Ive breastfed with my baby in a carrier even while shopping and at parties and nobody has raised an eyelid. I just hang my nursing cover, pop the boob in her mouth and continue with whatever im doing.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MumTee: 7:36pm On Dec 07, 2015
LI:
Thanks MumTee.

BA gave us wahala o but we won sha at the end of the day. We booked our original tickets online via Wakanow. In fact the whole thing was kinda shady. We thought we booked using GT Bank Online Self Service, next thing we started getting emails and calls from Wakanow, so it wasn't intentionally that we got stuck with them.

Anyway, Wakanow and BA started passing the responsibility of who to add infant tickets to each other. After a few attempts, we got connected to a BA call center agent who was willing to help but the process was rather weird. What they did was make a separate booking for the infant and link that infant ticket to the existing one for DW. We were asked to call back after 48hours for the cost but this wasn't ready until the 4th day and even though they told us we could only pay $312.17 at the airport, quote we got upon reaching the airport was 345.17. Of course there was no option but to pay. It's safe to say the low point of our journey was the BA experience.

After paying, DW still didn't get a bassinet seat, thank God for the pleasant crew member who hooked her up with a row with one other empty seat.

Baby was entitled to a 23kg check-in luggage and a carry-on bag.

Finally, if you're paying for your infant ticket at the airport, hold extra cash o as you are almost guaranteed to pay more than was originally communicated.

Wao! @LI na God Win o!
What type of infant ticket was that, one way or two way. The BA call center you called, is it their Naija call center or their US call center? I rem some people mentioned its better you call Naija office than US office.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by silverchi: 7:41pm On Dec 07, 2015
firsttymum:
rubina khan with clinicare... Google her. Her number is there too u can call to book appointment. But at the hospital before they discharge ur baby they ask for the info.
It's not our Dr that appoints for us

Good day house,

Pls who has used doc Z of oakbend? do u advise him better than dr F? I am about to make a choice as I have gotten correspondence 4rm both of them...tnx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Tobermom: 8:01pm On Dec 07, 2015
Congratulations to all the new moms iolite88, jumman and kaakaa. May God continue to keep watch over your lil ones
@ kaakaa, dont forget to mold your princesses nose to look like indian nose o. Lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 8:15pm On Dec 07, 2015
Tobermom:

So this is a feddy thingy? I thought it was restricted to the north kawai! Lol
wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ayanuke: 9:13pm On Dec 07, 2015
Breadfruit:

Owk. Thanks. Will go to part one.

The thread is rich with Info, I have been following up since part 1 and I ain't even preggo yet (I have a 5yrs old though), I also work 13hrs a day and sometimes weekends, what I did was to book mark the page and read up at my spare time, mostly during lunch hour and on d drive home. U can either have a jotter or munch info as you get to them. You can make a list of your likely questions say... visa, doc, poe, pead,cities, baby documentations etc, use the search button make sure u narrow down by selecting travel section. You can also search names like Phema,firstymum,modath,nef,ozcy,olokings,tvegas,favouredgirl,nogen the list is endless Infact almost all the gurus have at one point or the other made useful contributions. When you ask questions after that, it will be precise and on point.
Goodluck

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 07, 2015
hello nairalander tnx @jayjay4lyf for the info on letter of intent. Please house i need to swap my naira to dollars whats the latest rate and where can i get it cheaper my sweet wife is close to porting.........PLEASE HELP ME OOOOOOOOOoo
Phema,firstymum,modath,nef,ozcy,olokings,tvegas,favouredgirl,nogen
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 9:33pm On Dec 07, 2015
neks31:

My dear this is my story !! I didn't have mine too cos I wanted to prove to people dat I gave birth .. Costly mistake I made and I regret it so much!!

It is well dear. I really don't care about what people say because they will always talk.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LI(m): 9:34pm On Dec 07, 2015
1. One-way ticket
2. US call center. We called Lagos first and they redirected us to US

MumTee:

Wao! @LI na God Win o!
What type of infant ticket was that, one way or two way. The BA call center you called, is it their Naija call center or their US call center? I rem some people mentioned its better you call Naija office than US office.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by damsel020: 9:55pm On Dec 07, 2015
Please new York mamas and papas am still awaiting your response. I don't mind being referred to any of the threads.

damsel020:
Hi mamas,
Congrats to every new mamas in the house.

Pls I need a very important information about new York, I had my baby in Houston but my sister plans going to new York can any mama in the house recommend any Doctor in new York. Please it's urgent.

Thanks for your usual corporation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ayanuke: 10:01pm On Dec 07, 2015
damsel020:
Please new York mamas and papas am still awaiting your response. I don't mind being referred to any of the threads.

Read up ewa2014's posts she had her baby in new york

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by IjayMama: 10:09pm On Dec 07, 2015
[quote author=firsttymum post=40755372] nope.
I'm doing mine in naija.
Ask Dr E for circumcision. Their quote to me was 150... Buh me and hubby wants real naija circumcision and we don't wanna take chances... We don't want corner "preek". grin

She's the pediatrician u see post delivery. Erm u r discharged they ask for details of Dr(pediatrician) u wanna see post delivery. Oakbend gives u a letter addressed to the Dr.
This letter contain investigations done, child's birth findings etc.
Lol @ "corner preek"...got it....Thanks dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 10:10pm On Dec 07, 2015
LI:

5 weeks. Others have done it for younger and older.
Great! That even supports my argument. Why should anyone pay $600 when you can pay N2000 for the same service?

Of course I feel you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by donugapi(m): 10:12pm On Dec 07, 2015
damsel020:

Search for ewa2014's posts.. my mrs would be using the hospital she used when she's due next month. I would have posted info here but it'll be pointless as Justwise would delete it.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ifeoluwakintan: 10:18pm On Dec 07, 2015
Dear All,

Kindly need your advise, my cousin needs to visit the US sometimes in January 2016 to return mid March 2016, but her visa is expected to expire ending of February 2016.

Purpose isn't birthing. Would you advise she applies for dropbox now or is it possible for her to travel and return back in March to apply for her renewal.

Please advise.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 10:19pm On Dec 07, 2015
lollarojo:
sorry i forgot to add that also what are the most likely questions they asked you..filling the form we claimed we ging for xmas hols should i stick to that or declare i wld b going for 2nd missionary journey or if they ask?
How did it go?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 10:24pm On Dec 07, 2015
damsel020:

Check @ tobermom 's posts. She recently had a baby in NY.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jayjay4lyf: 10:28pm On Dec 07, 2015
ifeoluwakintan:
Dear All,

Kindly need your advise, my cousin needs to visit the US sometimes in January 2016 to return mid March 2016, but her visa is expected to expire ending of February 2016.

Purpose isn't birthing. Would you advise she applies for dropbox now or is it possible for her to travel and return back in March to apply for her renewal.

Please advise.

Thank you.

As far as she enters before the visa expires there's no problem, its d CBP officer that decides how long she'll stay so if she's stamped in for 6months that's beyond March, so when she returns she can dropbox
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by QueenWest: 11:07pm On Dec 07, 2015
omogedudu99:

If one has between 2 to 3 weeks before departure to naija, you can do it yourself without using an agent.

We processed our children's visa ourselves. No agent used.

Please share more info on how to process the naija visa from Houston without using an agent.
Thanks

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:37pm On Dec 07, 2015
favoredgal:

Might be more convenient for you to breastfeed directly o!

Just buy a nursing cover cuz that pumping is a long thing while airborne
I'm over secreting milk so I must pump o.
silverchi:

Good day house,
Pls who has used doc Z of oakbend? do u advise him better than dr F? I am about to make a choice as I have gotten correspondence 4rm both of them...tnx
Use Dr Z mbok.
anonymousmum:

I pumped wella. At least 2ce on each leg of my flight. I set up my pump, and threw on a scarf to cover myself.
If you can, make a special request for plenty of water (at least 300mls for every hour you will be in the air, I am told) on the flight to ensure your flow, as combination of bfeeding and flying can leave you dehydrated.
Ok thanks alot love... I can't cope if I don't pump... Hmmm I don't need water sef... I pump 9oz (260mls) in 10 - 15 mins that's 18 Oz. And I pump my both Bs at d same time.
kiboe:

If u have an eletric pump that uses batteries as well,u can get a handsfree pumping bra and pump away,totally discreet and convenient.
I actually have.... Thanks dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:45pm On Dec 07, 2015
phyto:

I had to constantly pump to keep up bm supply for my daughter (she was exclusive and I had to go to work). Ive pumped on planes, in cabs, in clients offices midway through meetings, in the car while driving and even a couple of times when I had to quickly get out of the car to buy a few things.
Just invest in a good portable pump with a compact bag and portable storage bag, preferably one thats not too noisy. Make sure the pump can use both battery and electricity. Also get a good handsfree nursing bra and nursing cover. Nobody needs to know what u are doing and if they wonder what is protruding from under your nursing cover thats their business.

If the reason you want to pump is that you are worried about breastfeeding in public though, forget that thing. Its your right. Just drape your blanket and go on. Ive breastfed with my baby in a carrier even while shopping and at parties and nobody has raised an eyelid. I just hang my nursing cover, pop the boob in her mouth and continue with whatever im doing.
wow thanks alot darling. This is elaborately helpful... I'm grateful.

I'm pumping cos I must. Not cos I can't breastfeed in public. God blessed me with excess milk.... grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anizi(f): 1:14am On Dec 08, 2015
ifeoluwakintan:
Dear All,

Please advise.

Thank you.

In my opinion she should renew before going, if she has less than 6 months left for the visa to expire, she can renew before going, better safe than sorry, what if shes stamped in till feb? My mum has been in a similar situation, she was stamped in to the expiration date of the visa, not 1 day more

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 1:44am On Dec 08, 2015
firsttymum:
wow thanks alot darling. This is elaborately helpful... I'm grateful.

I'm pumping cos I must. Not cos I can't breastfeed in public. God blessed me with excess milk.... grin

Pumping will keep increasing ur supply tho

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 1:46am On Dec 08, 2015
silverchi:

Good day house,

If they are the same price go for dr Fagbohoun, this is because i used him for my first child and had no complains
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by kaakaa(f): 2:58am On Dec 08, 2015
Tobermom:
Congratulations to all the new moms iolite88, jumman and kaakaa. May God continue to keep watch over your lil ones
@ kaakaa, dont forget to mold your princesses nose to look like indian nose o. Lol

Thank you dear..... you should see how I massage the nose,the peg I ordered is still en route grin grin grin...American baby mission accomplished, now on a mission to get Indian nose grin grin hehehehe

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 3:00am On Dec 08, 2015
olokings:
Hellos firsty. ..
Goto babies r us and search for breastfeeding shawl. ...or Google it. ....I may need to ask DW d name. ..I know I searched for it when there was need four her to breastfeed in public plus d oyinbo iyanga. ..
It's a fitting cloth of diff designs which allows you to breastfeeding on the go comfortably even in public without bothering yourself or anyone. ...
Bear regards
Thanks alot dear.... Regards to wifey and LO
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jacklenst: 3:47am On Dec 08, 2015
Good morning, house.
Please, for visa interview in US Embassy in Abj, do they have a place for keeping your travelling bag? Do they also allow one to carry his phones?
Thanks in anticipation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.