Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,744 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (852773 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 1:55pm On Dec 08, 2015
nefertitiram:

D same with me o! Esp with the way my baby was conceived and I left before I started showing. Thank God she looks exactly like me.
I overheard a neighbour asking another how old my baby is, that if she didn't know better, my baby looks 8mths old and not like a 3mth old. Am sure dey would av been asking if I really gave birth or adopted! But WHO CARES

Really, who cares? My mum announced to some people in the village that I was expecting. I was upset with her. Do you know her response? "I don't want people to say you adopted children since you won't be having them in Nigeria." I told her that I don't give a damn about what people think or say. Who cares really?

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dont8(m): 1:56pm On Dec 08, 2015
Phema:
Congratulations MiddyO!
Hi Phema, how are you doing?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 2:42pm On Dec 08, 2015
FFFB:
Enjoying this trend so far ,
1. pls can anyone share her Dallas hospital / Doc experience , what am getting is close to $6500 and
2. also wats the best airline to use for about weeks to Dallas / easiest POE
3. This thingy about Oyinbo circumcision is still not clear oooo

pls help a sister asap , need to decide on where to birth n and book my ticket asap

You asked this question before and someone even answered you. Pls take the pains to read a few page back
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by FFFB: 2:59pm On Dec 08, 2015
Hello Madam ,

I read through the thread and didn't see any response , that the reason why I re-posted the questions again
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chizee02: 3:13pm On Dec 08, 2015
@ Jaclenst
I was referring to the medical group doctoresparati

[quote author=jacklenst post=40792835][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by lahips: 3:14pm On Dec 08, 2015
ifeoluwakintan:
Dear All,

Kindly need your advise, my cousin needs to visit the US sometimes in January 2016 to return mid March 2016, but her visa is expected to expire ending of February 2016.

Purpose isn't birthing. Would you advise she applies for dropbox now or is it possible for her to travel and return back in March to apply for her renewal.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Mine was to expire in Dec, I applied via drop box in October due to my travel plans, so in my opinion its advisable to renew to avoid issues.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 08, 2015
dont8:
Hi Phema, how are you doing?

Very well. You and yours?

I see you tried reaching me. Haven't been able to access that email.

What's up?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by FFFB: 3:33pm On Dec 08, 2015
Hello Madam ,

I read through the thread and didn't see any response , that the reason why I re-posted the questions again
favoredgal:

You asked this question before and someone even answered you. Pls take the pains to read a few page back

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by FFFB: 3:33pm On Dec 08, 2015
FFFB:
Hello Madam ,

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chizee02: 3:40pm On Dec 08, 2015
lollarojo:
i plaan going there 2mr they said wednesday or monday..i was expecting a quotation from delsol so it came in late yesterday so i printed it and added dr corespondence...wish me luck 2mr

Please my dear lollarojo, the quotation u got from Del Sol is it like a price list? If so does it include everything or just the hospital's price, is it possible for me to see it? Want to know if it's same with the one they sent me. My email addy is chizee02@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Peebles23(f): 4:01pm On Dec 08, 2015
@Nogen please check I pmed u immediately yesterday again. When ure chanced tho. Thanks in advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by greatie: 4:34pm On Dec 08, 2015
Hello house,
i was referred to this house and i must confess that you guys are awesome.
i am in my first trimester and i wud like to have my baby in US. my husband wants us to apply for visa now (we havent travelled abroad) cos he feels i might not get the visa if there is baby bump and that i should state that i am going for vacation which i am not to comfy with it. i suggested tourism and medical but he said no.

2: we both work and we havent saved more than 500k and i was wondering if our bank account is very much important as we intend to attach our payslips?

should we apply now or wait till febuary or march 2016?

Please i need answers ooo.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dont8(m): 4:51pm On Dec 08, 2015
Phema:

Very well. You and yours?

I see you tried reaching me. Haven't been able to access that email.

What's up?
We are very well, thanks.

Was trying to reach you concerning this thread that you quoted me https://www.nairaland.com/2612656/thanks-tehn/2 which contain my number.

So help to delete the said quote, regards.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 4:52pm On Dec 08, 2015
Peebles23:
@Nogen please check I pmed u immediately yesterday again. When ure chanced tho. Thanks in advance.
I replied since. Check your box or spam.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 08, 2015
dont8:
We are very well, thanks.

Was trying to reach you concerning this thread that you quoted me https://www.nairaland.com/2612656/thanks-tehn/2 which contain my number.

So help to delete the said quote, regards.

Done. smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Vlesparza: 5:09pm On Dec 08, 2015
temiedior:
Gud morning my ppl.
Pls while filln d doctor aparati's appointment form,shld I pick yes or no for d part askn if I av visa (since v not been interviewed yet).

I hope pickn yes wont seem like m a liar to d VO wen he/she goes tru it during interview.

M confused,sombori help.....

The form is for doctoresparati to have information to help you with your documentation for your interview. If you marked that you do have a visa, you will not be offered the documentation you need (personalized doctors letter) and you will probably not be approved for your visa.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dont8(m): 5:35pm On Dec 08, 2015
Phema:

Done. smiley
Thanks wink

How is your family?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by aolatunde00: 6:00pm On Dec 08, 2015
FFFB:
1. pls can anyone share her Dallas hospital / Doc experience , what am getting is close to $6500 and

pls help a sister asap , need to decide on where to birth n and book my ticket asap

Olokings and myself both stayed in Dallas so you can go through our previous posts.you can ask more precise questions afterwards.

Lokings used emirates so his poe was Dallas fort worth.i used delta and Atlanta was my poe(no issues with both poe for the two of us).with delta you are not required to come with a doctor"s report meaning you can travel till quite late in pregnancy though its not adviced.
Oyinbo people usually don't circumcise Niger style so its more advisable to come back home to do it(with my first son,I had it redone in Niger so the innocent boy was actually circumcised twice).Besides its waaaay cheaper to do it in Nigeria.I paid $200 in the us and 5k in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Cuteaidomo: 6:02pm On Dec 08, 2015
Ok,it's now my turn to give back to this wonderful thread that has helped me thus far,
Flew emirates from lag to dallas, flight was smooth but the journey looong mehn......short stop over at Dubai for less dan 2 hrs.
Poe was Dallas and it was such a breeze:
Cbp: where's ur final destination?
Me: elpaso
Cbp: to do what?
Me: childbirth
Cbp: do u have a docs appointment?
Me: yes
He didn't ask to see it.
Cbp: will ur hubby be joining you?
Me: yes,in January.
Cbp: how much do you have?
Me: 4k
Cbp: you travelled all the way from Nigeria alone? You are a strong woman.
Me: tnx
Stamped me for 6 months.
No secondary inspection. Bags were checked, only dry meat was seized(I first knew it won't pass o, don't mind me). Every oda tin sailed thru- dry fish,egudi,ogbono,magi,stock fish,etc.

Flew southwest airline to elpaso. Chilling for my first appointment now

Thanks all for the info I got here that helped build my confidence........ God bless u all.

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vamum: 6:08pm On Dec 08, 2015
omogedudu99:

If one has between 2 to 3 weeks before departure to naija, you can do it yourself without using an agent.

We processed our children's visa ourselves. No agent used.

Lol! was going to say the same. Always been a proponent of do it yourself bu t on this one (working with the naija embassy) if you have enough time for "stories that annoy" do it for yourself. if you are pressed for time, advise you not to take the risk
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by oliviah10: 6:56pm On Dec 08, 2015
firsttymum:
I cld swear MiddyO and Nefertitiram replied u... Go through ur mentions dear.

go along with evidence of strong to ties. And statements.

Pray pray pray... God will favor you amen
Amen dear thanks a lot. Interview is in 2 weeks time to be honest its not a do or die thing i have left it all to the almighty .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by BBSweetheart: 7:18pm On Dec 08, 2015
Congratulations Elpaso Mum. I wish you a safe and sound delivery

Cuteaidomo:
Ok,it's now my turn to give back to this wonderful thread that has helped me thus far,
Flew emirates from lag to dallas, flight was smooth but the journey looong mehn......short stop over at Dubai for less dan 2 hrs.
Poe was Dallas and it was such a breeze:
Cbp: where's ur final destination?
Me: elpaso
Cbp: to do what?
Me: childbirth
Cbp: do u have a docs appointment?
Me: yes
He didn't ask to see it.
Cbp: will ur hubby be joining you?
Me: yes,in January.
Cbp: how much do you have?
Me: 4k
Cbp: you travelled all the way from Nigeria alone? You are a strong woman.
Me: tnx
Stamped me for 6 months.
No secondary inspection. Bags were checked, only dry meat was seized(I first knew it won't pass o, don't mind me). Every oda tin sailed thru- dry fish,egudi,ogbono,magi,stock fish,etc.

Flew southwest airline to elpaso. Chilling for my first appointment now

Thanks all for the info I got here that helped build my confidence........ God bless u all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olokings(m): 7:51pm On Dec 08, 2015
Replies to PM's returning failure delivery. ..

cc' Nerf et'al
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by BBSweetheart: 7:51pm On Dec 08, 2015
greatie:
Hello house,
i was referred to this house and i must confess that you guys are awesome.
i am in my first trimester and i wud like to have my baby in US. my husband wants us to apply for visa now (we havent travelled abroad) cos he feels i might not get the visa if there is baby bump and that i should state that i am going for vacation which i am not to comfy with it. i suggested tourism and medical but he said no.

2: we both work and we havent saved more than 500k and i was wondering if our bank account is very much important as we intend to attach our payslips?

should we apply now or wait till febuary or march 2016?

Please i need answers ooo.

Its a good thing if you apply for your Visa early enough. your account details and payslips will suffice, however, it is the transactions record in terms of cash flow that matters at the point of visa application. your payslip would already give an idea of your income. You need to tell the truth, they will still find out at the POE. All the success stories here are based on the truth. Birthing your child in the US is not illegal.

Several questions have already been answered in previous thread and i have also benefited from scanning through 1,2 and 3, but to make it easiers for you and others, here is a list of documents you need for your visa application.

1 International passport
2 Hospital Email Correspondence
3 Visa Receipt
4 Appointment confirmation
5 DS160 Confirmation Page
6 Marriage Certificate
7 Two 5cm x5cm white background passport
8 Newspaper Change of Name
9 Change of name affidavit from court
10 Wedding Pictures
11 Hotel Reservation Confirmation
12 Letter of Consent/sponsorship from hubby
13 Hubby's 8 months account statements
14 Hubby's Employment and promotion letter
15 Hubby's international passport
16 Your 8 months account statement
17 Your employment letter
18 Evidence of pregnancy from hospital in Nigeria
19 Budget spreadsheet
20 Letter of introduction from your office

Cheers

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by lollarojo: 8:13pm On Dec 08, 2015
Chizee02:

Please my dear lollarojo, the quotation u got from Del Sol is it like a price list? If so does it include everything or just the hospital's price, is it possible for me to see it? Want to know if it's same with the one they sent me. My email addy is chizee02@yahoo.com
yes its just hospital quotation pricelist for normal birth and c section also vbac..no doctors cost, i got doc quotation seperately.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 08, 2015
jacksparow:

Donald might not know the difference. no be triplets? e go come.
"Women who eat a lot of dairy in their diets also have a greater chance of conceiving twins or triplets as well. There have also been studies done that show that women who take a folic acid supplement are more likely to conceive multiples as well.

In some countries, women who eat a diet that includes a lot of yams are more likely to conceive multiples, so this indicates that perhaps yams might overstimulate the ovaries" ( internet search) in the 3rd missionary journey, my wife will take it slow eating yam....

DW will start taking folic acid and lots of pounded yam
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by KayLayChi: 8:46pm On Dec 08, 2015
neks31:

That is weird naa, when I travelled with my daughter I breastfed her on d plane like that!! But people usually do it in d toilet but personally I think it is gross ..

I breastfed my baby in the plane oh, I used a nursing cover at first until one of the moms beside me was like why are you covering up that we are all women here so I didn't use the nursing cover again.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jacksparow(m): 8:50pm On Dec 08, 2015
Enizo:

DW will start taking folic acid and lots of pounded yam

Lol...kindly refer to Firsttymum for further counsel.....read the initial post from her before going to the internet.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by aolatunde00: 8:58pm On Dec 08, 2015
firsttymum:
wow thanks alot darling. This is elaborately helpful... I'm grateful.

I'm pumping cos I must. Not cos I can't breastfeed in public. God blessed me with excess milk.... grin

Hello firsttymum,hows your LO faring?
Did u get a separate bill for hearing test and another for your baby"s physician apart from your hospital bill?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by greatie: 9:01pm On Dec 08, 2015
Thank you so much BBSweetheart.
I understand every thing u said but i am too clear on budget spreadsheet. please can u throw more light on this.

Thank you
BBSweetheart:

Its a good thing if you apply for your Visa early enough. your account details and payslips will suffice, however, it is the transactions record in terms of cash flow that matters at the point of visa application. your payslip would already give an idea of your income. You need to tell the truth, they will still find out at the POE. All the success stories here are based on the truth. Birthing your child in the US is not illegal.

Several questions have already been answered in previous thread and i have also benefited from scanning through 1,2 and 3, but to make it easiers for you and others, here is a list of documents you need for your visa application.

1 International passport
2 Hospital Email Correspondence
3 Visa Receipt
4 Appointment confirmation
5 DS160 Confirmation Page
6 Marriage Certificate
7 Two 5cm x5cm white background passport
8 Newspaper Change of Name
9 Change of name affidavit from court
10 Wedding Pictures
11 Hotel Reservation Confirmation
12 Letter of Consent/sponsorship from hubby
13 Hubby's 8 months account statements
14 Hubby's Employment and promotion letter
15 Hubby's international passport
16 Your 8 months account statement
17 Your employment letter
18 Evidence of pregnancy from hospital in Nigeria
19 Budget spreadsheet
20 Letter of introduction from your office

Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jacksparow(m): 9:01pm On Dec 08, 2015
FFFB:

PM a user here named (Afro).....Hes in Dallas now with DW where they had a boy and girl with one Dr. Esebede.

They flew BA and he said their experience going was very good. They used DFW as POE and He decided to come back to Nigeria to do the circumcision cause its very expensive in Dallas......Hope that Helps.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by teefex: 9:31pm On Dec 08, 2015
Hello house,
How are u all doing,Congratulations to the new mamas and papas, successful visa and poe.
Finally got my money back from travelstart,thanks to everyone that contributed esp @bery15 u were really helpful.God bless you all

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.