Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,872 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (852815 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 10:47pm On Dec 09, 2015
dedalove:
Hello house, this has been an informative forum.thanks
SOJ
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ennamore: 10:48pm On Dec 09, 2015
H
dedalove:
Hello house, this has been an informative forum. I plan to be in Houston come next month but am confused on the accommodation options available especially ones close to Oakbend Medical center. I prefer the ones that can offer feeding, transport and nanny services.
This is my first time over there and will really appreciate responses from people experience, thanks
ello house, this is a very informative forum as I have been going through for days. I plan to be Houston for my baby first week in January and I am a bit confused about the accommodation to use as I want one that offers feeding, transport and nanny services and close proximity to Oakbend Medical center. Please what are the options I have based on people experience? Thanks.

You have Soul Care, Pampered Stay and The serenity's place amongst others
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 10:53pm On Dec 09, 2015
Does del so perform a VBAC and please how much was the quotation they gave you for VBAC hospital price. If you don't mind to share. Thanks

lollarojo:
yes its just hospital quotation pricelist for normal birth and c section also vbac..no doctors cost, i got doc quotation seperately.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 11:10pm On Dec 09, 2015
MumTee:
Hello Mums, i remember someone mentioned getting thé infantino .
I bot eventflo breathable carrier for abt $19.99 and it served me very well both in all my after birth waka, airport waka and here in Naija. Just read reviews online and pick one.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by kiboe: 11:52pm On Dec 09, 2015
shawlar:

How much is the hearing test, and how much do you think the lawyer will charge to take on this case....?

The truth of the matter is she signed the docs and I'm sure the nurse explained what she was signing b4 she gave her the docs to sign. Her best bet should be diplomacy, explain to the hospital management that she was beclouded by the pain and didn't intend to sign for hearing test and negotiate a discount

Exactly my thoughts!!!there are certain things u can't use gra gra to do.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dedalove: 12:00am On Dec 10, 2015
favoredonyi:
Hi my pretty people. I'm due for march . I intend to travel first week of February. I will use Oakbend or any cheaper hospital in Houston.
Can i plan with someone here? I will like to share accommodation. I live in Ajah... Please lets plan together if you are due for March and going to Houston. I wouldnt want Houston as my POE though . I have always had issues there during vacation.

Hi, I stay at Sangotedo and I plan to leave first week in January cos I am due February, still confused on accommodation as well. Still trying to decide between soul care or precious cedars as I don't want to stay alone since am going all by myself. It will be nice to hook up over there once u come around as I plan to use Oakbend Medical center as well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 1:14am On Dec 10, 2015
jacksparow:
House O! Something pass my power and need advice. My in law that gave birth at oakbend richmomd just called now. She was in excruciating and terrible pain on Monday and went to the hospital thinking it was labour but it was false. They did a scan to see the baby's neck was tired with the cord....in the pain, they brought a bunch of papers saying she needed to sign b4 the cs will be done. The story now is, they brought her baby back after a few hours today congratulating her that the baby passed his hearing test which unknown to her was part of what was given to her to sign. Eventhough she has called for everything she signed before they will perform every test on the baby.What options does she have? Call a lawyer and sue? I think she was misled by oakbend

It's not only hearing test that she signed for

She also signed that if d bleeding was beyond be careful, they will remove the uterus

She also signed for blood transfusion

I bet she also signed for NICU care for the baby

There will be a million and one things she signed for without knowing

As long as mummy and baby are fine. There is no issue.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 1:16am On Dec 10, 2015
jacksparow:
House O! Something pass my power and need advice. My in law that gave birth at oakbend richmomd just called now. She was in excruciating and terrible pain on Monday and went to the hospital thinking it was labour but it was false. They did a scan to see the baby's neck was tired with the cord....in the pain, they brought a bunch of papers saying she needed to sign b4 the cs will be done. The story now is, they brought her baby back after a few hours today congratulating her that the baby passed his hearing test which unknown to her was part of what was given to her to sign. Eventhough she has called for everything she signed before they will perform every test on the baby.What options does she have? Call a lawyer and sue? I think she was misled by oakbend

She also signed that if d bleeding was beyond be careful, they will remove the uterus

There will be a million and one things she signed for without knowing if she didn't read that document.

Even if she sues, did dey put a gun to her head? She sign or she no sign? For them to even come and say congrats, it means dey were scared something would have gone wrong because of the baby's condition in utero.

As long as mummy and baby are fine. There is no issue. Na party remain

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jacksparow(m): 4:42am On Dec 10, 2015
nefertitiram:

There will be a million and one things she signed for without knowing if she didn't read that document.

Even if she sues, did dey put a gun to her head? She sign or she no sign? For them to even come and say congrats, it means dey were scared something would have gone wrong because of the baby's condition in utero.

Lol...shey@ na party remain. Well, u Sha know how to end a story. I really appreciate. The more we ask, the more people with actual first hand experience profers solution.Thanks a bunch. And going forward. My one and only DW begins the 1st leg of her 2nd M journey to Florida today
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jacksparow(m): 4:49am On Dec 10, 2015
nefertitiram:

Am sure intending missionaries here now have advanced information if they find themselves in such a position.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbiz: 5:10am On Dec 10, 2015
Hello Jacksparow,
Sorry for what happened to your in law but in regards to your case of mislead it will not hold up in court because they were trying to save her and the baby's life. I am sure they explained to her what she was signing but the pain wouldn't let her ember. In the case of hearing test I am sure they had to do it to make sure the baby was okay. That child could have developed unknown issues or better still died if they hadn't taken the step that was taken. Before I had my girl last year I refuse epidural and others offered to me. At the time i signed for epidural thank God i signed blood transfusion too. After I had my baby i almost coded because of low blood. At that time none of my family member was around to sign any paper for me, they had just step out. My savor was that which I signed before going in. I got two pints of blood to save my life, I know for sure if i didn't sign and my life was in danger the doctors would have given me the blood to save my life.You can try getting a lawyer , I think we should just thank God for the lives that was saved.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jacksparow(m): 5:52am On Dec 10, 2015
bbiz:
Hello Jacksparow,
Sorry for what happened to your in law but in regards to your case of mislead it will not hold up in court because they were trying to save her and the baby's life. I am sure they explained to her what she was signing but the pain wouldn't let her ember. In the case of hearing test I am sure they had to do it to make sure the baby was okay. That child could have developed unknown issues or better still died if they hadn't taken the step that was taken. Before I had my girl last year I refuse epidural and others offered to me. At the time i signed for epidural thank God i signed blood transfusion too. After I had my baby i almost coded because of low blood. At that time none of my family member was around to sign any paper for me, they had just step out. My savor was that which I signed before going in. I got two pints of blood to save my life, I know for sure if i didn't sign and my life was in danger the doctors would have given me the blood to save my life.You can try getting a lawyer , I think we should just thank God for the lives that was saved.

Thank you very much BBIZ....like I said in replies to earlier posts...guess it was the vex that made me think of suing...But after what everyone here said including you. Their lives is the most important not the money. And it's a eye opener for intending missionaries here. I thank God for you and your baby's lives. Thanks a bunch again.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 7:12am On Dec 10, 2015
I try to respond to pms I keep getting mailer daemon... Msgs are bouncing.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 7:21am On Dec 10, 2015
jacksparow:
those papers they bring to sign is plenty Abeg.
But I ensured I read it all.
She must have signed without really reading.
The thing is once she has signed, she has signed o. Nothing she can do except negotiate.

How u dey?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 7:22am On Dec 10, 2015
MumTee:
Hello Mums, i remember someone mentioned getting thé infantino baby carrier to use to carry baby especially mums doing connecting flights. I observed there are many types of this infantino carrier on Wal-Mart, Pls which one is highly recommended to do d job wella. Mums who Have used It, Pls help out.
4 in 1 advanced.... That's the one I really like it's features
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olokings(m): 7:25am On Dec 10, 2015
Why y'all quoting where you live. .?
That info is not relevant to the discuss nor ur question.
Just ask away and await response aii

dedalove:

Hi, I stay at Sangotedo and I plan to leave first week in January cos I am due February, still confused on accommodation as well. Still trying to decide between soul care or precious cedars as I don't want to stay alone since am going all by myself. It will be nice to hook up over there once u come around as I plan to use Oakbend Medical center as well.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 7:54am On Dec 10, 2015
olokings:
Why y'all quoting where you live. .?
That info is not relevant to the discuss nor ur question.
Just ask away and await response aii

Pls allow " lekki wives" to flourish Kikikikik! U no see nerf n her BFF tensioning us.. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Enyinne(f): 8:04am On Dec 10, 2015
Read up on aspirin online and ask a qualified Dr this question. Baby aspiring of 75mg or 81mg can be taking up from 12weeks to 36weeks which most Dr will place u on if ur prone to have blood clot
And it reduces ur chance of having pre-eclampsia and other health conditions during pregnancy. Most Dr recommend it till 36 weeks.

EmberMum:

Baby aspirin is good before 20wks of preggy as it helps to thin out blood which helps circulation of blood from mother to babies tiny vessels. It prevent blood clot. However it is discouraged after 20weeks of preggy so blood is not too thin and over bleeding occurs especially during child birth. After 20weeks baby's vessels are also big enuf for easy blood flow

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olokings(m): 8:08am On Dec 10, 2015
Nobody will quote I stay 2 houses behind that abandoned tortoise
Car after mango tree abi. .?!

modath n nerf na tripping at first sight. .left em..b4 "I must do too" make stalkers begin tail people here oooh. ....bearing in mind that poeps here are perceived as BIG feefoo not forgetting say we all are just die hard hustlers...

My own sha ooh

neks31:

Pls allow " lekki wives" to flourish Kikikikik! U no see nerf n her BFF tensioning us.. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olokings(m): 8:09am On Dec 10, 2015
Nobody will quote I stay 2 houses behind that abandoned tortoise
Car after mango tree for ajegunle under bridge abi. .?!

modath n nerf na tripping at first sight. .left em..b4 "I must do too" make stalkers begin tail people here oooh. ....bearing in mind that poeps here are perceived as BIG feefoo not forgetting say we all are just die hard hustlers...

My own sha ooh

neks31:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 8:42am On Dec 10, 2015
neks31:

You this woman, how are you doing?

Una wey never port God go bless una pockets ooo, All that is needed to make this journey a success, the Lord will provide in a million folds..

Just reading banks are doing 230-240 now, that is major cray!!! shocked

Firsttymum .. Howdy?

@Everyone,

I trowey salute give una, two hands up.. smiley

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 9:15am On Dec 10, 2015
Olokings u r right o... Some people feel this trip is easy if only d knw d sacrifices some of us make ehh..

Modath hmmm these banks r not smiling o.. I've arranged myself shaa unto dat level waiting to port soon . God help us all this is not easy at all.. Pls dat chanji should attack the dollar rate ASAP!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by donugapi(m): 9:26am On Dec 10, 2015
In the spirit of 'giving back' to the thread...

My wife arrived NY today. She left Lagos yesterday and arrived NY this morning. She probably had the shortest and smoothest POE interview ever.

CPB: How long are you here for..
Mrs: 3 months
CPB: Who would you be staying with?
Mrs: Family.
CPB: Enjoy your stay..

She was stamped in for 6 months... We were very prepared for secondary inspection and further interrogation with a large stack of documents but they didn't ask for the purpose of her visit not to talk of documentation...... A favored woman she is...

Now waiting for the first hospital appointment.. smiley

19 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jacksparow(m): 9:56am On Dec 10, 2015
firsttymum:
those papers they bring to sign is plenty Abeg.
But I ensured I read it all.
She must have signed without really reading.
The thing is once she has signed, she has signed o. Nothing she can do except negotiate.

How u dey?

yea. Now I know better. Thanks for asking. Besides U na Boss. I have turned into bachelor for 4 months now starting today. cooking. cleaning, washing..kai. before, I will send DW, now..... Well Nairaland, work and recreation will keep me. How ur peeps?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jacksparow(m): 9:58am On Dec 10, 2015
neks31:

Which of the Phase in Lekki? Phase 1, 2 abi 22?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 11:23am On Dec 10, 2015
Lol, na una wey dey lag understand the names grin. lipsrsealed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by FFFB: 11:42am On Dec 10, 2015
jacksparow:

sure. welcome. sent him a whatsapp msg about ur mail. He will check it out and reply with all infos for u when he wakes' up. Goodluck

thanks so much , he's gotten in touch God bless you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jacksparow(m): 12:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
FFFB:

thanks so much , he's gotten in touch God bless you

welcome. yea. he told me this morning. Good Luck and let us know when the twins arrives.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 12:17pm On Dec 10, 2015
neks31:

Lemme laugh like una

Kikikikikikikikik! @ "lekki wives"

But really, av started laughing like that in real life o!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 12:19pm On Dec 10, 2015
jacksparow:

Which of the Phase in Lekki? Phase 1, 2 abi 22?

Abi free trade zone! Ibeju lekki wives sef de! Nothing do dem
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jacksparow(m): 12:59pm On Dec 10, 2015
nefertitiram:

Abi free trade zone! Ibeju lekki wives sef de! Nothing do dem

Lol..Ibeju lekki wives.....that's the one showing on dstv channel 198 shey?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jacksparow(m): 1:02pm On Dec 10, 2015
nefertitiram:

Lemme laugh like una

Kikikikikikikikik! @ "lekki wives"

But really, av started laughing like that in real life o!

This kikikikikikikikiki lol, is it a code for a group of mothers? That was how Firsttymum did kikikikikikikikiki and I dint say anything.....there's God o

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.