Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,892 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (853705 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 9:04pm On Dec 10, 2015
IjayMama:
Hello people...abeg who knows of any banks in Lagos still selling PTA? Know of only 2 banks..Union & Eco.... Tried Union bank & was told $$ is only sold to their staffs & spouses for now (who knew it would pay someday to be married to a Union bank staff ) and i dont have an acct with Ecobank, offered to open one but was told I'll need to run it for 6 months to be eligible...any other ideas pls?
that's A funny statement. kikikikikikikikiki
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 9:08pm On Dec 10, 2015
U people should leave union bank staff alone o....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 9:28pm On Dec 10, 2015
My bills remain same as Ozycy
I used epidural which is 900
U can actually pay brown and associates online after ur mail comes, you don't have to call them.
You can pay epidural before u r discharged.

Baby post discharge visit
Used Dr khan
75 for first visit
55 for subsequent visit
Pku test( done btw 10days and 2 Weeks) is 12 dollars ( was referred to memorial hermann for it) cheapest I heard.
(u can just decided to go when the child is Btw 10days and 2 Weeks if u are saving cost. For just the one visit)

Baby documentation remain the same.

Shopping
For shopping I realized online shopping has better deals.... For example I wanted to buy breastpump it's 279 in d store and I bought it 220 and picked it up in d store( cldnt wait delivery). And so many other stuffs were cheaper to buy online. They had this if u spend this amount u get this discount. Or if u spend this u get a gift card of this...

Transportation
I rented a car from naija dude for 150 weekly (his number is "plus one eight three two six one four two nine two zero"
If u need international license don't stress ur self with doing it in naija.
When u get to the US Go to Idlservice. com to do it urself (after all we r DIU team), you will get license in ur mail

The dr
Wonderful wonderful wonderful, I enjoyed every bit of her. She's patient, she listens and she knows her job well. Hospital staff was super duper wonderful.

Modified
Phone number of d rental dude attached.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by teefex: 9:41pm On Dec 10, 2015
firsttymum:
My bills remain same as Ozycy
I used epidural which is 900
U can actually pay brown and associates online after ur mail comes, you don't have to call them.
You can pay epidural before u r discharged.

Baby post discharge visit
Used Dr khan
75 for first visit
55 for subsequent visit
Pku test( done btw 10days and 2 Weeks) is 12 dollars ( was referred to memorial hermann for it) cheapest I heard.
(u can just decided to go when the child is Btw 10days and 2 Weeks if u are saving cost. For just the one visit)

Baby documentation remain the same.

Shopping
For shopping I realized online shopping has better deals.... For example I wanted to buy breastpump it's 279 in d store and I bought it 220 and picked it up in d store( cldnt wait delivery). And so many other stuffs were cheaper to buy online. They had this if u spend this amount u get this discount. Or if u spend this u get a gift card of this...

Transportation
I rented a car from naija dude for 150 weekly
If u need international license don't stress ur self with doing it in naija.
When u get to the US Go to Idlservice. com to do it urself (after all we r DUI team), you will get license in ur mail

The dr
Wonderful wonderful wonderful, I enjoyed every bit of her. She's patient, she listens and she knows her job well. Hospital staff was super duper wonderful.

Pls can someone apply for the international driver's licence while u still in Nigeria or does it have to be in the US,also how long does it take before u get it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 9:48pm On Dec 10, 2015
teefex:

Pls can someone apply for the international driver's licence while u still in Nigeria or does it have to be in the US,also how long does it take before u get it
if u live in Lagos u can do it and get it before leaving. But the one we did online is kinda different from the naija one. Looks more janded grin

But if u have a mail box in the US u can apply before landing. It takes 3 to 5 business days.

At least u don't have to bribe any naija person
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 9:51pm On Dec 10, 2015
Replying pms doesn't work.
U might have to ask ur questions here or drop ur email if it's so important
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 10, 2015
My bills so far Hospital 3000, pediatrician 300, doctor (c section) 1371, one ante natal 179, hearing test ,blood work and new born screening 435. Still waiting for anesthesia's bill. Pls house am i suppose to get zero balancee from doctor as well cause i only got from the hospital. thank u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nmaasam: 10:12pm On Dec 10, 2015
pls firstymmum, can u please give details of the doctor you used. Am not an agent abeg. Just a newbie and a first time mum too. Have been reading up and I intend to use Oakbend as well. Am due Jan and will be leaving on sunday. I already have Dr Amajoh's correspondence but Oakbend seems cheaper and I intend porting. Pls help a sis abeg. tnx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by IjayMama: 10:50pm On Dec 10, 2015
Thanks everyone, highly appreciated. @ donugapi I'm hitting Stanbic IBTC tomorrow by God's grace...will be back with feedback.....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by feddy27: 11:07pm On Dec 10, 2015
jumman:
My bills so far Hosp 3000, pedeatrician 300, doctor 1371, one ante natal 179, hearing test and blood work 435 still waiting for anesthesia's bill. Pls house am i suppose to get zero balancee from doctor as well cause i only got from the hospital. thank u

Congrats on the arrival of your baby. Yes, you need zero balance from the doctor.

What hospital did u use and which doctor?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by lollarojo: 11:55pm On Dec 10, 2015
[quote author=emeldamicheals post=40855451]Does del so perform a VBAC and please how much was the quotation they gave you for VBAC hospital price. If you don't mind to share. Thanks

Ok its in the doc quotation not del sol's and for $3425
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 12:20am On Dec 11, 2015
teefex:

To the best of my knowledge you can drive with the NEW Nigerian drivers license here cuz it's verifiable online. That's what I and family / friends do and we have never had any problems

Safe trip back @ firsttymum
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nmaasam: 2:18am On Dec 11, 2015
[quote author=firsttymum post=40886205]
The dr

pls firstymmum, can u please give details of the doctor you used. Am not an agent abeg. Just a newbie and a first time mum too. Have been reading up and I intend to use Oakbend as well. Am due Jan and will be leaving on sunday. I already have Dr Amajoh's correspondence but Oakbend seems cheaper and I intend porting. Pls help a sis abeg. tnx[/quot wonderful.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 5:27am On Dec 11, 2015
Good evening peeps,please I need an urgent help. Went to houston passport office on Mon with hubby, paid 165 for expidited service. Went with return ticket ,hubby told dem we want it in about 2days to enable us process the Nigerian visa, the official said so long we are in there, all passport request are expedited.told us to expect it in a week, I called their office today and the agent told me they don't have d record yet, I need help if there's any other number to call considering time constraint and the coming Xmas holiday. Travel date is 28the and we also need to process visa within the period.

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by tober888(m): 6:24am On Dec 11, 2015
Hello everyone, thank you all for the much needed information available in this forum, i have benefited immensely...Gracias.

My LO arrived on the 1st of Dec, Mother and child in perfect condition.
Please i want to ask, my sister in-law is insisting that we buy an insurance for the baby since they will there till late January so that the baby can have access to a pediatrician at all times.
All our hospital bills have being paid as they are waiting to get the zero balance letter.

what are the merits and demerits of buying an insurance ?
How will it affect the renewal of our visa when its expired?

Experienced Gurus in the house kindly assist plssssssssssss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bisoye82: 7:36am On Dec 11, 2015
tober888:
Hello everyone,

My LO arrived on the 1st of Dec, Mother and child in perfect condition.
Please i want to ask, my sister in-law is insisting that we buy an insurance for the baby since they will there till late January so that the baby can have access to a pediatrician at all times.

what are the merits and demerits of buying an insurance ?
How will it affect the renewal of our visa when its expired?

Experienced Gurus in the house kindly assist plssssssssssss
I think most people here didn't buy insurance o.I stayed 2 months after having my baby in 2012 and I didn't buy insurance all I did was pay as you go.And you only see the paediatrician when you are given appointment or if baby is not feeling well (which we don't pray for).
Moreover who is going to be listed as the baby's parent because the parent has to be a resident and has SSN no as well for tax purposes and you will also have to be making monthly payments/premium. undecided
I think you should Google the process too.
All the best.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Able15: 9:07am On Dec 11, 2015
@ Firsttymum, what is PKU test? What is the benefit of the test?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dedalove: 9:52am On Dec 11, 2015
jumman:
My bills so far Hospital 3000, pediatrician 300, doctor (c section) 1371, one ante natal 179, hearing test ,blood work and new born screening 435. Still waiting for anesthesia's bill. Pls house am i suppose to get zero balancee from doctor as well cause i only got from the hospital. thank u

Congrats on the arrival of your baby. Pls which hospital and doctor did you use? Will really appreciate your reply, thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 9:57am On Dec 11, 2015
Able15:
@ Firsttymum, what is PKU test? What is the benefit of the test?

According to Google A phenylketonuria (PKU) test is done to check whether a newborn baby has the enzyme needed to use phenylalanine in his or her body. Phenylalanine is an amino acid that is needed for normal growth and development.

It's recommended by the state of Texas. The results are sent to them.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LI(m): 10:03am On Dec 11, 2015
I see what you did there. wink

firsttymum:

According to Google A phenylketonuria (PKU) test is done to check whether a newborn baby has the enzyme needed to use phenylalanine in his or her body.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mrsbw: 10:08am On Dec 11, 2015
check phema's posts

Chizee02:
Ok dear thanks a lot, will be using them and Intown Suite as welol. Yet to get my visa, my interview is on 14th Jan, didnt start on time. Please can u help me with a sample of budget spreadsheet. Intend staying for 8wks, and am confused about an estimate of feeding and transportation for that interval ofor time. How much was ur flight fare?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by deeore: 11:20am On Dec 11, 2015
I came i saw i conquered. ..we are back in nigeria...got in last night..thank God...klm staff were awesome

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 12:22pm On Dec 11, 2015
deeore:
I came i saw i conquered. ..we are back in nigeria...got in last night..thank God...klm staff were awesome
Welcome back. Thank GOD for safe trip.
Hope you didn't carry excess baby luggage after ur jamb question grin

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by BBSweetheart: 1:59pm On Dec 11, 2015
Congratulations on the arrival of your baby. this sounds like a very good deal. please which doctor and hospital did you use?

jumman:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by BBSweetheart: 2:04pm On Dec 11, 2015
Your first booking should suffice. you can always extend your stay when you get there.

Chizee02:
Also planning to leave around 20th of Jan and also stay at intown suite. Visa not yet issued, my interview is on 14th. Have u already booked the suite, if so we're u able to book for the number of weeks u intend staying or u booked for 31nights as in their portal? I intend d staying for 8wks and now just was able to book the 31 nights and want to book another 31nights to make it up to 8wks so as to tally with the info I supplied on my application form. What's ur take and when are u due?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by greatie: 4:26pm On Dec 11, 2015
Chizee02:
Thanks! Please could u help me with a sample of budget sheet, have searched for it via the search box but saw only threads where it was mentioned or if there's any other means to go about it I will appreciate that.

I will also want the sample of the budget sheet. That's my toughest list to do.Thanks!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 5:23pm On Dec 11, 2015
deeore:

Did they allow you carry any excess luggage for free grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 5:26pm On Dec 11, 2015
LI:
I see what you did there. wink

kikikikikikikikiki Google is our friend.... Nd it's free... But #okbye
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chizee02: 6:38pm On Dec 11, 2015
Ok thanks
BBSweetheart:
Your first booking should suffice. you can always extend your stay when you get there.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Amgizzie: 7:33pm On Dec 11, 2015
Please has anyone used Jackson South Community Hospital in Miami, FL? how much did it cost? What was your experience like?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by glassy2606(f): 8:06pm On Dec 11, 2015
In the spirit of givin back,my people am back from my missionary journey.Atl was my point of entry and as God will have it,it was hitch free,it was just my rice that agric ceased.did some research about alabama so I ported to alabama total bill for vd was 4700 and pediatrician 300.making 5000dollar in total.and I must say everytin went well.my only issue was accomodation,I shared apartment wth someone and she brout in 2 other ppl to stay,one was pregnant like me and she made my stay unbearable,spiting everywher,and taking my things behind me,my food and drink,she made my stay very hard.my son arrived in october and am back to nigeria wth my prince.thanks to everyone who has supported me,thanks for ur response,thanks for all d post,I learned a lot.God bless u all

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by feddy27: 8:29pm On Dec 11, 2015
Congrats glassy2606.

Please share details of the hospital and doctor you used and how you got the accommodation

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.