Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,949 members, 7,828,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (854913 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MiddyO(f): 8:31pm On Dec 11, 2015
drfdee:
Congrats...had mybbaby dat same day.

uote author=MiddyO post=40541541]To God be the glory our long awaited baby boy arrived in the early hours of 29th of Nov! Mom, baby & daddy are doing great! God of restoration has done it again!

Congratulations!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 9:25pm On Dec 11, 2015
glassy2606:
I don't know if am allowed to write dis here cos I know that a lot of rules are in place here.but my bill was 3500 and baby bill for 2days was 1200 totaling 4700 pediatricians bill was 300..
Congratulations and welcome back home.
The $3500 is for how many days stay?
Is this bill inclusive of doctors fee?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by deeore: 10:36pm On Dec 11, 2015
@ozycy @favouredgal

Lmao...well i guess dey just waived it for me...babys box weigh 26lbs against 22lbs...my 2 boxes 52 and 51lbs...the lady just let me go without issues...t
Tanx guyz
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by glassy2606(f): 11:02pm On Dec 11, 2015
The 3500 is for 2days stay excluding doctors bill.doctors bill is 1000 forgot to mention it cos I paid dat seprately.as regards d documentation,I got d birth cert d 2nd day.but I had to travel to atlanta for babys nigerian passport and blue passport,I got d 2 same day I applied,the nigeria embassy did nt want to gv me but I saw one man and told him I was not feeling too well dat I have to go back to nigeria,guess he pitied me,he told me to gv him 10mins nd came back wth my babys nigerian passport.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MiddyO(f): 12:22am On Dec 12, 2015
Gtb card rate as of today is 239 naira to a dollar plus 420 withdrawal fees! Nawa o! God help us!

Will share my JPS Hospital bill breakdown once we sort the last bit on Monday. BC collected in Tarrant County a week after birth . I needed a week recover after 27 hrs of labour.
Will get my baby's passport @ the Dallas Passport office later as I still have time before I go back home.
Will also add baby's ticket later too!

The info gotten from my Nairaland family proved invaluable! Thanks everyone!
My hosts kept asking if I haven't been coming to the US before now. Lol! Not been here since I was 2 years old!

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by drfdee: 12:50am On Dec 12, 2015
Congrats please how much wre ucharged for ur baby's ticket?
favoredgal:

Did they allow you carry any excess luggage for free grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by drfdee: 1:02am On Dec 12, 2015
My bundle of joy was delivered on 29th of Nov at oakbend MC.its was an amazing experience .i want to use this opportunity to say a big thank you to everyone who has contributed in one way or d oda on this forum.presently chilling in Dallas.

quote author=MiddyO post=40917078]

Congratulations! [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shelly23: 4:00am On Dec 12, 2015
I couldn't help but laugh out loud! I can only imagine what was going through your mom's mind.
I'm the one who shared the story about my baby. She's 9mths now and doing great with her hearing aids. It's been a long, emotional, expensive and trying experience, but I can only continue thanking God for the American opportunity. My husband took my son to our hospital in Lagos and bumped into my doctor. After telling him about our situation, this man told him that the white people just wanted to collect our money that there's no way they can detect hearing loss at that age. More reason to keep thanking God!
Anyways, please to all the preggie moms, include the $350 for hearing test to your budget, it is not a waste.
A parent whose son is completely deaf and will need cochlear implants as reached out to me recently, so it's not as uncommon as we might think. I hope he'll share his own experience soon enough.

Nogen:
This hearing test of a thing sef. When my babies were still in the NICU, a nurse kept telling me about an important test the babies would go through before they got discharged. I kept wondering which test that could be and if it was part of NICU bills, an already paid one or a separate bill.

They never mentioned hearing until I asked for the name and how much it was? They have already wheeled their equipment into the room. I asked them not to please proceed until I was sure of the package. The nurse said 350 dollars per child and I asked if it was compulsory. The response was no. I quickly declined the test , that they would be carried out when we returned to Nigeria.

In all honesty, I would have loved to have the test carried out but when I did the maths, I couldn't just pay that money. When the babies finally got home, I started carrying out my own hearing test on all of them. I kept remembering the case of a Nairlander whose baby failed the test at the hospital and began treatment immediately. That pushed me in conducting my own hearing test. I would make loud noise in the room and watched if the babies would get startled.

My mum was wondering why I wouldnt let the babies have a good sleep. Whenever, I remember my antics, I laugh. God help us make good decisions in life.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 4:23am On Dec 12, 2015
A fellow mama like us leased an apartment for 6 months.

It's a one big bedroom, with a parlor, kitchen, box room and bathroom / toilet

she has stayed 3 months and will be leaving end of December, she is looking for who will take it for the next 1 or 2 months.

The rent per month is $650 but you will need to buy her furnishings (2 beds with mattresses, microwave, a couch, cooking utensils and a Persian rug) from her worth - asking price is $550 one off expense

You will also need to pay for electricity, water, thrash which amounts to a total (estimate) of $100 a month

I think it may be worth it for people staying at least 2 months

I'm only staying a month so iv opted for Soulcare (as the people I referred had decent reviews)

Anyone that is interested in the aforementioned apartment can pm me for her no

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 4:25am On Dec 12, 2015
shelly23:
I couldn't help but laugh out loud! I can only imagine what was going through your mom's mind.
I'm the one who shared the story about my baby. She's 9mths now and doing great with her hearing aids. It's been a long, emotional, expensive and trying experience, but I can only continue thanking God for the American opportunity. My husband took my son to our hospital in Lagos and bumped into my doctor. After telling him about our situation, this man told him that the white people just wanted to collect our money that there's no way they can detect hearing loss at that age. More reason to keep thanking God!
Anyways, please to all the preggie moms, include the $350 for hearing test to your budget, it is not a waste.
A parent whose son is completely deaf and will need cochlear implants as reached out to me recently, so it's not as uncommon as we might think. I hope he'll share his own experience soon enough.

O mine.... The Lord is your strength. I had just had my daughter & declined the hearing test shortly before I read your post.

I remember going to conduct the test on her Nogen style- but will def pay to have it done for this baby

Kisses to your LO

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 6:43am On Dec 12, 2015
I came I saw and conquered... Hello Nigeria... grin

United is 2 bags for infant (for normal 10% of parents ticket charge U can call customer care to confirm)
Hubby 2 bags
Me 2 bags

I checked my ticket online when I saw 2 bags for infant I had to call United to b sure... And mehn d moment I was sure... Increased my diaper luggage.

U can check in a graco travel crib too it's part of the free stuff u can check In

Aside I and hubby's hand luggage we had breastpump and two diaper bag.

I pumped on the plane... When D lights were off... It's simple easy and sweet grin
I enjoyed my flight

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 6:48am On Dec 12, 2015
firsttymum:

United is 2 bags for infant (for normal 10% of parents ticket charge U can call customer care to confirm)
Hubby 2 bags
Me 2 bags

I checked my ticket online when I saw 2 bags for infant I had to call United to b sure... And mehn d moment I was sure... Increased my diaper luggage.

U can check in a graco travel crib too it's part of the free stuff u can check In

I pumped on the plane... When D lights were off... It's simple easy and sweet grin
I enjoyed my flight

Welcome home. 2 bags wowzers....that's a fantastic deal

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by feddy27: 6:57am On Dec 12, 2015
@firsttymum, welcome home girl... that feeling of a victor upon return, I can relate smiley love to your Lil one

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by afrobrown2000: 7:16am On Dec 12, 2015
congrats on your to and fro journey..how much and where did you pay for infant ticket?...and did you change you date of departure or you used dates as planned when you purchased your round trip ticket...?
firsttymum:

Hubby 2 bags
Me 2 bags

I enjoyed my flight
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 7:32am On Dec 12, 2015
@Shelly, it's well with your daughter and you. I can only imagine what you are going through but God is ever faithful. May he continue to supply you and hubby every ressources you need.

Firsttymum, welcome back home dear. Congratulations to all our new mums and dads. May your newborns be blessed.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 8:04am On Dec 12, 2015
favoredgal:

Welcome home. 2 bags wowzers....that's a fantastic deal
yes o.

Thanks dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 8:05am On Dec 12, 2015
afrobrown2000:
congrats on your to and fro journey..how much and where did you pay for infant ticket?...and did you change you date of departure or you used dates as planned when you purchased your round trip ticket...?
I used date as planned. Baby came at 40 weeks so I didn't have to change. Infant ticket was 77950.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 8:06am On Dec 12, 2015
feddy27:
@firsttymum, welcome home girl... that feeling of a victor upon return, I can relate smiley love to your Lil one
yes o... I was d most excited at the airport. I just wanted to b back.... Lol.

Thanks dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 8:07am On Dec 12, 2015
Nogen:

Firsttymum, welcome back home dear. Congratulations to all our new mums and dads. May your newborns be blessed.

Thanks darling... Plant a kiss on ur kids for me.... kiss

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 8:11am On Dec 12, 2015
Oh Shelly23 Hmmmm the Lord is ur strength
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by kiboe: 8:47am On Dec 12, 2015
[quote author=firsttymum post=40924936]I came I saw and conquered... Hello Nigeria... grin

Hubby 2 bags
Me 2 bags

2 bags for infant.....whoop whoop!i was already thinking of saving $$ for the extra bags,but when I heard dollars was $260-N1 I convinced myself that it wasn't worth it.lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 9:07am On Dec 12, 2015
[quote author=kiboe post=40927777][/quote] Just call the customer care to confirm or rather check it online...

I was so joyous
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 9:09am On Dec 12, 2015
Diaper doesn't even have weight..... Thanks for the advice guys.... U guys rock
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ayanuke: 9:26am On Dec 12, 2015
[quote author=firsttymum post=40924936]I came I saw and conquered... Hello Nigeria... grin

Hubby 2 bags
Me 2 bags

Welcome back home, Thank God for grace and favour. Kisses to the LO
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by afrobrown2000: 9:39am On Dec 12, 2015
wow....this just started like 3 days ago...been swiping my cards for 220 but now they(GTB) are charging 239.99....its crazy
MiddyO:
Gtb card rate as of today is 239 naira to a dollar plus 420 withdrawal fees! Nawa o! God help us!

Will share my JPS Hospital bill breakdown once we sort the last bit on Monday. BC collected in Tarrant County a week after birth . I needed a week recover after 27 hrs of labour.
Will get my baby's passport @ the Dallas Passport office later as I still have time before I go back home.
Will also add baby's ticket later too!

The info gotten from my Nairaland family proved invaluable! Thanks everyone!
My hosts kept asking if I haven't been coming to the US before now. Lol! Not been here since I was 2 years old!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 12, 2015
firsttymum:
I used date as planned. Baby came at 49 weeks so I didn't have to change. Infant ticket was 77950.

Thanks
49?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 11:09am On Dec 12, 2015
Lol see typo @ 49weeks.
A very warm Welcome to you @ firsttymum,
I know that feeling grin
New discoveries everyday, and to think that nobody ever experienced or mentioned the 2baby bag tin here before.

Do you mean the Graco playpen?
I don't seem to understand this 10% thingy.
Abi na me no no math again
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:43am On Dec 12, 2015
kosplateau:

49?
40 o!!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:45am On Dec 12, 2015
ozycy:
Lol see typo @ 49weeks.
A very warm Welcome to you @ firsttymum,
I know that feeling grin
New discoveries everyday, and to think that nobody ever experienced or mentioned the 2baby bag tin here before.

Do you mean the Graco playpen?
I don't seem to understand this 10% thingy.
Abi na me no no math again

Thanks my sweetheart.
It's like graco playpen without the bassinet. When when folded it's d same thing as per size.
10% is of ur ticket and then they will now calculate the tax

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:45am On Dec 12, 2015
[quote author=ayanuke post=40928866][/quote]awwwww thanks darling

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.