Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,920 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (853063 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by IjayMama: 1:25pm On Dec 10, 2015
Hello people...abeg who knows of any banks in Lagos still selling PTA? Know of only 2 banks..Union & Eco....Tried Union bank & was told $$ is only sold to their staffs & spouses for now (who knew it would pay someday to be married to a Union bank staff ) and i dont have an acct with Ecobank, offered to open one but was told I'll need to run it for 6 months to be eligible...any other ideas pls?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by donugapi(m): 1:31pm On Dec 10, 2015
IjayMama:
Hello people...abeg who knows of any banks in Lagos still selling PTA? Know of only 2 banks..Union & Eco....Tried Union bank & was told $$ is only sold to their staffs & spouses for now (who knew it would pay someday to be married to a Union bank staff ) and i dont have an acct with Ecobank, offered to open one but was told I'll need to run it for 6 months to be eligible...any other ideas pls?

My colleague and his wife bought $8k from Stanbic IBTC head office in VI yesterday.

He didn't have to open an account there...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jacksparow(m): 1:37pm On Dec 10, 2015
[quote author=IjayMama post=40871233]Hello people...abeg who knows of any banks in Lagos still selling PTA? Know of only 2 banks..Union & Eco....Tried Union bank & was told $$ is only sold to their staffs & spouses for now (who knew it would pay someday to be married to a Union bank staff ) and i dont have an acct with Ecobank, offered to open one but was told I'll need to run it for 6 months to be eligible...any other ideas pls?[/quote

Use travelex at international airport.There's usually a queue so go before your travel date. you need your visa, ticket and BVN. their rate today is 203.39....I had to go on google now, got a number and called them. thats the info the person gave me. hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jacksparow(m): 1:38pm On Dec 10, 2015
donugapi:

My colleague and his wife bought $8k from Stanbic IBTC head office in VI yesterday.

He didn't have to open an account there...

UC, i looked for this dollar like xmas gift 2 days ago in Stanbic lagos but none had to sell. and now i dont need it...mcheew
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 1:48pm On Dec 10, 2015
IjayMama:

A don laugh tire @ the bold, cheesy grin

To think na old people with coat full union bank before.. cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by donugapi(m): 1:54pm On Dec 10, 2015
[quote author=jacksparow post=40871568][/quote]

Travelex won't sell to you until you've checked in at the airport but there are no guarantees that they'll have dollars.
I was there yesterday and they didn't have.

If you're a risk taker, you can try it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by greatie: 2:01pm On Dec 10, 2015
favoredgal:

If you apply now, you may not get free interview date till feb (not sure tho)

500k is small o! You need like 2m for this waka you are planning, not just for visa sake but to also pay your bills

Read up, you will be glad you did

yeah i know its small...i just want to know if money in the account is very important since we will submit payslips for the interview. am just in the first trimester and befor the last we will be good to go.

My concerns if just for the interview for now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shawlar(m): 2:15pm On Dec 10, 2015
modath:

A don laugh tire @ the bold, cheesy grin

To think na old people with coat full union bank before.. cheesy grin

lmao.... I thot I was the only one that noticed that before i.e. their coat wearing style

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 2:16pm On Dec 10, 2015
greatie:

yeah i know its small...i just want to know if money in the account is very important since we will submit payslips for the interview. am just in the first trimester and befor the last we will be good to go.

My concerns if just for the interview for now.

I think money in the bank is pretty important, cuz the VOs know this is a capital intensive project

But you can always try your luck

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by greatie: 2:51pm On Dec 10, 2015
favoredgal:

I think money in the bank is pretty important, cuz the VOs know this is a capital intensive project

But you can always try your luck

Ok thank you so much.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by twingirls: 3:16pm On Dec 10, 2015
nefertitiram:

Lemme laugh like una

Kikikikikikikikik! @ "lekki wives"

But really, av started laughing like that in real life o!

Even me, na so I dey laugh now in real life, kikikikikikikiki
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bolof2010: 5:01pm On Dec 10, 2015
Austine2020:
U are Right, After using her first B1/B2 Visa for childbirth, she has renewed her B1/B2 visa recently. The problem is that she also wants an F1 US visa(Student Visa) But was denied. May be she also wants to study in the US notwithstanding that she already have B1/B2 valid visa in her passport which is not meant for studying in the USA. so she wants to know the implication of her using her valid B1/B2 visa for child birth next year. In my own opinion i dont think she will have any problem next year when going for another childbirth since her current Visa covers for child birth. Just Notify the Embassy of your change of plan,arm yourself with necessary documents including the receipts for your past baby delivery and Have a good cash at hand,then u are good to go. They felt that u have another thing in mind and only want u to continue with the B1/B2 visa u have..

Thanks for the reply, the VO concluded during the F1 interview that I was not honest and was busy typing on his system so that really got me scared thinking he has not written anything funny under my information even though he didn't cancel my current B1B2 visa. I probably shouldn't have tried changing the visa from here but that's a lesson learnt. Hence the reason why am seeking advise as to what to do next against my next travel. But reading from this thread have concluded I will write the letter before traveling next for child birth.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bolof2010: 5:02pm On Dec 10, 2015
Austine2020:
U are Right, After using her first B1/B2 Visa for childbirth, she has renewed her B1/B2 visa recently. The problem is that she also wants an F1 US visa(Student Visa) But was denied. May be she also wants to study in the US notwithstanding that she already have B1/B2 valid visa in her passport which is not meant for studying in the USA. so she wants to know the implication of her using her valid B1/B2 visa for child birth next year. In my own opinion i dont think she will have any problem next year when going for another childbirth since her current Visa covers for child birth. Just Notify the Embassy of your change of plan,arm yourself with necessary documents including the receipts for your past baby delivery and Have a good cash at hand,then u are good to go. They felt that u have another thing in mind and only want u to continue with the B1/B2 visa u have..

Thanks for the reply, the VO concluded during the F1 interview that I was not honest and was busy typing on his system so that really got me scared thinking he has not written anything funny under my information even though he didn't cancel my current B1B2 visa. I probably shouldn't have tried changing the visa from here but that's a lesson learnt. Hence the reason why am seeking advise as to what to do next against my next travel. But reading from this thread have concluded I will write the letter before traveling next for child birth.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chizee02: 5:52pm On Dec 10, 2015
Cuteaidomo:
Ok,it's now my turn to give back to this wonderful thread that has helped me thus far,
Flew emirates from lag to dallas, flight was smooth but the journey looong mehn......short stop over at Dubai for less dan 2 hrs.
Poe was Dallas and it was such a breeze:
Cbp: where's ur final destination?
Me: elpaso
Cbp: to do what?
Me: childbirth
Cbp: do u have a docs appointment?
Me: yes
He didn't ask to see it.
Cbp: will ur hubby be joining you?
Me: yes,in January.
Cbp: how much do you have?
Me: 4k
Cbp: you travelled all the way from Nigeria alone? You are a strong woman.
Me: tnx
Stamped me for 6 months.
No secondary inspection. Bags were checked, only dry meat was seized(I first knew it won't pass o, don't mind me). Every oda tin sailed thru- dry fish,egudi,ogbono,magi,stock fish,etc.

Flew southwest airline to elpaso. Chilling for my first appointment now

Thanks all for the info I got here that helped build my confidence........ God bless u all.

@ Cuteaidomo,
I thank God for granting u safe flight and smooth entry, at least this info will help me when am going if I succeed with my visa b cos am also going to Elpaso. Please I want to ask u, are u using Doctoresparati and where are u putting up? Did u go for visa interview when u are pregnant and How much did u have in ur account statement when u went for visa interview?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chizee02: 6:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
BBSweetheart:

Its a good thing if you apply for your Visa early enough. your account details and payslips will suffice, however, it is the transactions record in terms of cash flow that matters at the point of visa application. your payslip would already give an idea of your income. You need to tell the truth, they will still find out at the POE. All the success stories here are based on the truth. Birthing your child in the US is not illegal.

Several questions have already been answered in previous thread and i have also benefited from scanning through 1,2 and 3, but to make it easiers for you and others, here is a list of documents you need for your visa application.

1 International passport
2 Hospital Email Correspondence
3 Visa Receipt
4 Appointment confirmation
5 DS160 Confirmation Page
6 Marriage Certificate
7 Two 5cm x5cm white background passport
8 Newspaper Change of Name
9 Change of name affidavit from court
10 Wedding Pictures
11 Hotel Reservation Confirmation
12 Letter of Consent/sponsorship from hubby
13 Hubby's 8 months account statements
14 Hubby's Employment and promotion letter
15 Hubby's international passport
16 Your 8 months account statement
17 Your employment letter
18 Evidence of pregnancy from hospital in Nigeria
19 Budget spreadsheet
20 Letter of introduction from your office

Cheers

@ BBSweetheart,
thanks for ur info, pls I want to ask the difference between employment letter and letter of introduction?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Cuteaidomo: 6:01pm On Dec 10, 2015
Chizee02:

@ Cuteaidomo,
I thank God for granting u safe flight and smooth entry, at least this info will help me when am going if I succeed with my visa b cos am also going to Elpaso. Please I want to ask u, are u using Doctoresparati and where are u putting up? Did u go for visa interview when u are pregnant and How much did u have in ur account statement when u went for visa interview?

Hi,chizee02,

I had my visa b4 I got pregnant so, all I did was to send a mail for change of intent.....
Yes I am using doctoresparati. Staying@ intown

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chizee02: 6:06pm On Dec 10, 2015
lollarojo:
yes its just hospital quotation pricelist for normal birth and c section also vbac..no doctors cost, i got doc quotation seperately.

Wow!! Did u ask for the Dr's price list or they included it in the Dr's personalised letter they sent u, pls I want to know cos I didn't receive the Dr's price list just the letter.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chizee02: 6:58pm On Dec 10, 2015
Ok dear thanks a lot, will be using them and Intown Suite as welol. Yet to get my visa, my interview is on 14th Jan, didnt start on time. Please can u help me with a sample of budget spreadsheet. Intend staying for 8wks, and am confused about an estimate of feeding and transportation for that interval ofor time. How much was ur flight fare?

Cuteaidomo:

Hi,chizee02,

I had my visa b4 I got pregnant so, all I did was to send a mail for change of intent.....
Yes I am using doctoresparati. Staying@ intown
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by BBSweetheart: 6:59pm On Dec 10, 2015
Chizee02:

@ BBSweetheart,
thanks for ur info, pls I want to ask the difference between employment letter and letter of introduction?

Its my pleasure. Kindly note that the list here is just a guide. However, the letter of introduction could add extra boost to your credibility, especially if it is a reputable coy cos it shows that you have their consent, but if you are unable to get one, your employment letter should be just fine.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 7:23pm On Dec 10, 2015
For those using dr Ezekiel, prepare to spend at least two hours waiting at the waiting room for each appointment undecided

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Cuteaidomo: 7:35pm On Dec 10, 2015
Chizee02:
Ok dear thanks a lot, will be using them and Intown Suite as welol. Yet to get my visa, my interview is on 14th Jan, didnt start on time. Please can u help me with a sample of budget spreadsheet. Intend staying for 8wks, and am confused about an estimate of feeding and transportation for that interval ofor time. How much was ur flight fare?

I didn't need a budget sheet cos I already had a visa. Didn't need it for Poe. Flight fare is dependent on the airline and also wen u book. I flew emirates,got it for about 300k on travel start.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 7:59pm On Dec 10, 2015
This hearing test of a thing sef. When my babies were still in the NICU, a nurse kept telling me about an important test the babies would go through before they got discharged. I kept wondering which test that could be and if it was part of NICU bills, an already paid one or a separate bill.

They never mentioned hearing until I asked for the name and how much it was? They have already wheeled their equipment into the room. I asked them not to please proceed until I was sure of the package. The nurse said 350 dollars per child and I asked if it was compulsory. The response was no. I quickly declined the test , that they would be carried out when we returned to Nigeria.

In all honesty, I would have loved to have the test carried out but when I did the maths, I couldn't just pay that money. When the babies finally got home, I started carrying out my own hearing test on all of them. I kept remembering the case of a Nairlander whose baby failed the test at the hospital and began treatment immediately. That pushed me in conducting my own hearing test. I would make loud noise in the room and watched if the babies would get startled.

My mum was wondering why I wouldnt let the babies have a good sleep. Whenever, I remember my antics, I laugh. God help us make good decisions in life.

20 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 8:01pm On Dec 10, 2015
favoredgal:
For those using dr Ezekiel, prepare to spend at least two hours waiting at the waiting room for each appointment undecided

Hot cake.com!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chizee02: 8:03pm On Dec 10, 2015
Ok i see, wishing u the best of birthing experience. I just wish i got myvisa already, have casted all my fears to God Almighty. Will go for Emirate too, to Dallas abi?
quote author=Cuteaidomo post=40882760]

I didn't need a budget sheet cos I already had a visa. Didn't need it for Poe. Flight fare is dependent on the airline and also wen u book. I flew emirates,got it for about 300k on travel start.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chizee02: 8:09pm On Dec 10, 2015
Thanks! Please could u help me with a sample of budget sheet, have searched for it via the search box but saw only threads where it was mentioned or if there's any other means to go about it I will appreciate that.
BBSweetheart:

Its my pleasure. Kindly note that the list here is just a guide. However, the letter of introduction could add extra boost to your credibility, especially if it is a reputable coy cos it shows that you have their consent, but if you are unable to get one, your employment letter should be just fine.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by tober888(m): 8:14pm On Dec 10, 2015
Hello everyone, thank you all for the much needed information available in this forum, i have benefited immensely...Gracias.

My LO arrived on the 1st of Dec, Mother and child in perfect condition.
Please i want to ask, my sister in-law is insisting that we buy an insurance for the baby since they will there till late January so that the baby can have access to a pediatrician at all times.
All our hospital bills have being paid as they are waiting to get the zero balance letter.

what are the merits and demerits of buying an insurance ?
How will it affect the renewal of our visa when its expired?

Experienced Gurus in the house kindly assist biko nu!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chizee02: 8:22pm On Dec 10, 2015
Also planning to leave around 20th of Jan and also stay at intown suite. Visa not yet issued, my interview is on 14th. Have u already booked the suite, if so we're u able to book for the number of weeks u intend staying or u booked for 31nights as in their portal? I intend d staying for 8wks and now just was able to book the 31 nights and want to book another 31nights to make it up to 8wks so as to tally with the info I supplied on my application form. What's ur take and when are u due?
BBSweetheart:
Hello Everyone,

I am planing to be at Elpaso by Mid January. looking at staying in In town suite. Any Mum planning same please holla, we can be of help to each other. grin smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by aolatunde00: 8:29pm On Dec 10, 2015
FFFB:

thanks so much , he's gotten in touch God bless you

Can't access my nairaland email.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 9:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
jacksparow:

yea. Now I know better. Thanks for asking. Besides U na Boss. I have turned into bachelor for 4 months now starting today. cooking. cleaning, washing..kai. before, I will send DW, now..... Well Nairaland, work and recreation will keep me. How ur peeps?
as if u don't like the little freedom.... Talk true o. My people are fine....

Modath I'm good o.. How's the LO?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 9:01pm On Dec 10, 2015
nefertitiram:

Lemme laugh like una

Kikikikikikikikik! @ "lekki wives"

But really, av started laughing like that in real life o!
signature laugh.... Kikikikikikikikiki
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 9:02pm On Dec 10, 2015
jacksparow:

This kikikikikikikikiki lol, is it a code for a group of mothers? That was how Firsttymum did kikikikikikikikiki and I dint say anything.....there's God o
is a code for DUI mamas here
Kikikikikikikikiki
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dere5: 9:03pm On Dec 10, 2015
Chizee02:
Also planning to leave around 20th of Jan and also stay at intown suite. Visa not yet issued, my interview is on 14th. Have u already booked the suite, if so we're u able to book for the number of weeks u intend staying or u booked for 31nights as in their portal? I intend d staying for 8wks and now just was able to book the 31 nights and want to book another 31nights to make it up to 8wks so as to tally with the info I supplied on my application form. What's ur take and when are u due?
your 31 days booking will do for your visa interview,if they mention it just tell them that,thats was all you could do at that time and that you will extend the booking when you get there

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.