Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,924 members, 7,828,206 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (854898 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 24, 2015
KDK; Congrats to your family and safe trip/delivery to wifey.

That is one nice and attractive budget sheet. Can you please rotate it to be upright? Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Licious801: 1:48pm On Dec 24, 2015
Thanks Ll and neks31 for reprimanding me without being judgmental. Thanks kiboe for your understanding. Your comment actually brought tears to my eyes. I've been really sensitive and emotional lately.
No matter what the outcome is, even if i get deported, I'll come back and report so others can learn. We can't have a forum like this and only want to hear good stories all the time

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 1:51pm On Dec 24, 2015
Congrats KDK
I wish her safe journey and smooth delivery

Compliments of the season @ everyone

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 24, 2015
KDK:
Visa interview

God bless you all. Merry Xmas and a happy New year to everyone in advance.

Mr KDK you are VERY too MUCH cool cheesy. Nothing beats such detailed information/ transcript....Your wife must be a good narrator and you an awesome writer..sounds like you were present at d interview and dis ya story sweet to read ofa and ofa grin... thank God it was a success.....
Congratulations

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cutelass: 3:11pm On Dec 24, 2015
KDK:
Visa interview

Dear all,
I have learnt a lot from the transcripts shared on this forum. I was thus able to prepare my wife for her interview. Special shout out to all the gurus in the house especially phema and flavoredgal. Thanks to all those I sent a PM and got responses. I have religiously followed this thread.

Congratulations KDK, im so excited reading a successful visa transcript...they seem to be so scarce this days on this thread. I pray I come with my own testimony soon. Wishing ur DW safe delivery

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 24, 2015
Licious801:
Thanks Ll and neks31 for reprimanding me without being judgmental. Thanks kiboe for your understanding. Your comment actually brought tears to my eyes. I've been really sensitive and emotional lately.
No matter what the outcome is, even if i get deported, I'll come back and report so others can learn. We can't have a forum like this and only want to hear good stories all the time

Don't take the comments badly, no one wants anyone to be deported hence the reprimand. Its just that one needs to sound the bell of finding out information yourself and not relying on agents . Agents business in. Nigeria for visa purpose is a bad inheritance Nigerians have used over time.

Just stay calm and take the advice given so you wont be grilled at POE. Avoid POEs with 'strongmen'. Above safe delivery is most important.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Licious801: 4:47pm On Dec 24, 2015
salsera:

Don't take the comments badly, no one wants anyone to be deported hence the reprimand. Its just that one needs to sound the bell of finding out information yourself and not relying on agents . Agents business in. Nigeria for visa purpose is a bad inheritance Nigerians have used over time.

Just stay calm and take the advice given so you wont be grilled at POE. Avoid POEs with 'strongmen'. Above safe delivery is most important.

Yeah I get. Thanks a lot. God bless you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by COJ1484: 4:49pm On Dec 24, 2015
COJ1484:

Am thinking of using Emory midtown n their price is about 12500usd for cs.This includes prenatal care n delivery, facility fees ,anesthesia, pediatricic n well check baby fee while in d hospital. They said since am joining quite late I can get an additional discount from the prenatal care n delivery bill. please has anyone successfully used Emory midtown hospital?i have read the previous posts but no one has said anything with regards to the final bill/cost.any input is appreciated. Thank you

Hello guys please who has successfully used emory hospital for delivery and how much was the total bill paid?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by KDK(m): 5:37pm On Dec 24, 2015
ozycy:

Oga, you sabi type eh.
Plus including well detailed transcript.
Thumbs up.
Congratulations.

I learnt from your posts as well.

Phema:
KDK; Congrats to your family and safe trip/delivery to wifey.
That is one nice and attractive budget sheet. Can you please rotate it to be upright? Thanks.

I came across only 2 budget sheets in this forum and it took time tracking both thus I decided to share ours. By the way, I sampled ours from yours. smiley .It has been rotated.

favoredgal:
Congrats KDK
I wish her safe journey and smooth delivery
Compliments of the season @ everyone
Thanks for your support.

Sleekmum:

Mr KDK you are VERY too MUCH cool cheesy. Nothing beats such detailed information/ transcript....Your wife must be a good narrator and you an awesome writer..sounds like you were present at d interview and dis ya story sweet to read ofa and ofa grin... thank God it was a success.....
Congratulations
Thanks. You women are good with details but I actually had to ask her some questions so I can have a better picture for the write up. I learnt from what people transcribed and as such it will not be fair if I don't share ours. A lot of people have lost their visas as a result of ignorance whilst applying.
cutelass:

Congratulations KDK, im so excited reading a successful visa transcript...they seem to be so scarce this days on this thread. I pray I come with my own testimony soon. Wishing ur DW safe delivery

You are right, very few people transcribe their interviews these days yet we all learnt from what others transcribed in the past. God will give us all testimonies in Jesus' name. Thanks a lot.
teefex:
congratulations on your wife's visa, I have a question about the budget sheet. Please I sent u a PM, will like if u can kindly reply me. Thanks and God bless u
Thanks. I have responded ma'am.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 5:55pm On Dec 24, 2015
Kdk wow
.. Just wow

I'm clapping.... Very detailed.... Congratulations. More good news loading

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 5:58pm On Dec 24, 2015
You people that quote such a long post shocked shocked

There is god oooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MiddyO(f): 6:11pm On Dec 24, 2015
cinakin:
You mean amb Stella onuoha?
No dear thanks!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MiddyO(f): 6:14pm On Dec 24, 2015
cinakin:
Thanks dear, saw it too, buy the post doesn't look so tight and the reviewed says its bulky any other?

It's tight o, you can adjust it as u wish. In fact I had back ache the first two days because I made it too tight. Yes it's kind of bulky, UT you get used to it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jacksparow(m): 6:25pm On Dec 24, 2015
So for information purposes. TSA has changed rules for passengers in the US. Before, as a pregnant woman, you can decide not to go thro the body scanner and tell them to do a patdown. Now, if you request for a patdown, they can decide to turn you down or grant your request. If you refuse to go thro the scanner when you are turned down, you won't get on board your flight. Just saw it on cnn now. We should take note just in case you request a patdown and they refuse so you don't make trouble. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Christyline: 6:47pm On Dec 24, 2015
Hi everyone. I have been a silent observer on this thread and I must confess that it has been a worthwhile experience. I got so many helpful information on this thread that assisted my positive interview outcome. I was granted a US visa this month even though I have never travelled out before. I stated that my purpose for going to U.S. is for childbirth, the only document that was requested for was my budget, Doctor's correspondence and I also gave him my invitation letter as I would be staying with a friend.

I went there wearing my bank's lapel and ID. The first thing the VO said was "oh, you are Banker!" Cos of my ID card. So I guess wearing of work IDs could be helpful.

I am due middle May but I want to travel first week in April. I plan to give birth in GROVETOWN, Georgia. Has anyone given birth in this town before? I need recommendations on budget hospitals and Doctors.

Thank you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 6:50pm On Dec 24, 2015
Happy hols everyone!!! Yay finally in America to start my missionary journey!!! My eyes still hurt from crying hian... Oh ARIK AIR! ARIK AIR!!?? What do I do with u guys?? Why did u decide to blown hot hot and small cold ehh?? Anyways ARIK delayed d flight cos they didn't have fuel while other airlines just dey fly up n Dan.. We finally left about past 1 am n d flight was not it being dat some of of d tv wasn't working .. There was chaos as usual with everyone asking d crew " do u knw who i am"? Fast fwd to JFK na so I met one mean mugging officer who just transferred me to secondary inspection.
Ma'am why are u here
Me: happy hols and to have my child
Officer: so shocked and was like when will this stop shaking his head
Me : shivering with watery eyes

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 7:04pm On Dec 24, 2015
Officer: have a sit ma'am
Me: praying
Officer ; how much is d hospital
Me: 8k dol
Officer: how much do U have
Me: 9k doll, cards n hubbys BOA Statement n cards
Officer: can u tell me what will take u back home as I see u r with your lil girl and why didn't u drop her
Me; my mom is recently bereaved n I don't feel I should stress her n I want to be with her this special time
Officer: what do u do
Me; laughing am a mogul ( kikikikikikikiikikik)
S/n I wanted him to just cheer up n work on his psyche small.
Officer ; I see , go n sit down. Heads to his colleague
Me; praying hardly ehh n tearing up small dunno why I can't control my emotions
Officer : are u in contact with any doc n d name of d hospital
Me: reaches to bring out my envelop na so he bounce me n d envelop n says , ma'am pls what is d name .. I just quickly told him
Officer: murmuring very soon all this will stop
A lot of harassment n why I took my girl n how will my biz survive and my 9k doll was also too small for this guy o... I quickly reminded him that I couldn't carry cash cos it is hard to get PTA in naija now!!! Long story he stamped me till June with anger n d agriculture seized all my girls indomie n my curry leaf I love.. I missed my delta flight n there was no flight to md till 2mrw na so I go cry for ARIK n their OGA n d finally put me n my girl in a hotel n we r chilling to travel 2mrw.. So exhausted n thanking God for safe flight all d way to lag n JFK!!

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 7:06pm On Dec 24, 2015
M
neks31:
Officer: have a sit ma'am
Me: praying
Officer ; how much is d hospital
Me: 8k dol
Officer: how much do U have
Me: 9k doll, cards n hubbys BOA Statement n cards
Officer: can u tell me what will take u back home as I see u r with your lil girl and why didn't u drop her
Me; my mom is recently bereaved n I don't feel I should stress her n I want to be with her this special time
Officer: what do u do
Me; laughing am a mogul ( kikikikikikikiikikik)
S/n I wanted him to just cheer up n work on his psyche small.
Officer ; I see , go n sit down. Heads to his colleague
Me; praying hardly ehh n tearing up small dunno why I can't control my emotions
Officer : are u in contact with any doc n d name of d hospital
Me: reaches to bring out my envelop na so he bounce me n d envelop n says , ma'am pls what is d name .. I just quickly told him
Officer: murmuring very soon all this will stop
A lot of harassment n why I took my girl n how will my biz survive and my 9k doll was also too small for this guy o... I quickly reminded him that I couldn't carry cash cos it is hard to get PTA in naija now!!! Long story he stamped me till June with anger n d agriculture seized all my girls indomie n my curry leaf I love.. I missed my delta flight n there was no flight to md till 2mrw na so I go cry for ARIK n their OGA n d finally put me n my girl in a hotel n we r chilling to travel 2mrw.. So exhausted n thanking God for safe flight all d way to lag n JFK!! JFK is not a moi moi Poe o, if what I witnessed today is moi moi I wonder what d Chicagos n houstons will be!!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jayjay4lyf: 7:26pm On Dec 24, 2015
neks31:
M

Wow! @ neks congrats and sorry about Arik shocked guess we were lucky then, JFK don dey hot be dat oo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Licious801: 8:05pm On Dec 24, 2015
neks31:
M

Awww! Sorry about the stress on you and lo. Thank God it all ended well and congrats. Have a great stay and safe flight tomorrow. Try to get some rest. God bless you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ifax(f): 8:06pm On Dec 24, 2015
@favoredgal @able15 212,700

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 8:32pm On Dec 24, 2015
Finally @ neks31. Thank GOD for journey mercy. Guess you met bad belle officer, kpele. I can imagine you crying and your Dota saying "sorry mum" grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 8:56pm On Dec 24, 2015
Hollop hollop.... U mean u r emotional with this ur sharp mouth? Gerrahia mehn

Kikikikikikikikiki

Congrats my darling..... Godwin oooooooo...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 8:57pm On Dec 24, 2015
Licious801:

Your story must be good too o! Think positive

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 8:58pm On Dec 24, 2015
firsttymum:

Kikikikikikikikiki

Isn't it the silly pregnancy hormones? Naughty hormones.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 8:59pm On Dec 24, 2015
Stanbic has Changed their daily limit.....
It's crazy.

The limit is terrible.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 9:00pm On Dec 24, 2015
bbaby84:

Isn't it the silly pregnancy hormones? Naughty hormones.
ikr.... Tell me about it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 9:04pm On Dec 24, 2015
firsttymum:
Stanbic has Changed their daily limit.....
It's crazy.

The limit is terrible.

I got it too o.
Pos/ online daily limit is now $350 and atm withdrawal is $150.

God help us all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 9:07pm On Dec 24, 2015
firsttymum:

Kikikikikikikikiki

If i hear!!
you nko? *tongue out*
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Licious801: 9:23pm On Dec 24, 2015
nefertitiram:

Your story must be good too o! Think positive

Amen. I sure will. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.