Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,926 members, 7,828,207 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (854900 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 9:10am On Dec 25, 2015
donugapi:

For credit cards, there's a minimum monthly repayment sp you don't have to pay the full amount spent on the cards. For diamond bank which I use, you have 45 days interest free which means that if you pay up what you've spent, within the period, you don't pay interest.

@nefertitiram was referring to a cash backed credit card where you give the bank your money and your credit limit is linked to how much you have. This protects the bank incase you default.

If you don't want one that's cash backed, your bank would look at your income and determine what they're comfortable with based on your income and credit worthiness. Also remember that if you've defaulted on a loan before you're unlikely to be successful with a credit card application. I believe there's a credit bearu in Nigeria where credit worthiness is verified by the banks.

so In other words, we can fund the account we linked with our credit card for example the amount we intend to spend when we travel... And use d card?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jacksparow(m): 9:23am On Dec 25, 2015
nefertitiram:
So this got me thinking.

Instead of looking for dollar upanddan and wailing about non withdrawal thru naira cards abroad.

Why don't we just get dollar denominated credit cards?

Worst case scenario you will be asked to invest a sum of money as collateral, which obviously you will use to buy dollars, so just get a credit card instead with a limit of up to $10,000 and we are good to go.

How una check am? When there is a will there is a way na

I have one with GTB. For now, you cant deposit dollar but only withdraw which is also subject to if that branch has dollar to give you....

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jacksparow(m): 9:26am On Dec 25, 2015
firsttymum:
so In other words, we can fund the account we linked with our credit card for example the amount we intend to spend when we travel... And use d card?

I think its only Diamond bank that has an effective credit card system. but whats the rate? it may boil down to same thing as debit cards. I now feel CBN may review this policy before end of January.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by prolify: 9:31am On Dec 25, 2015
Merry Christmas my wonderful e-fam,you have been a blessing to me since i joined this thread,lil man is almost a year and am still hooked,wishing us many more celebrations together. To the new mums congrats on ur bundles of joy,mums who have started this journey God would continually empower you and you shall come back with testimonies IJN,and to those of us always sneaking in and out to update ourselves on current management grin 2016 would be nothing short of AMAZING!!!Cheers everyone wink

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cutelass: 9:36am On Dec 25, 2015
MumTee:
To God be the glory, We welcomed my prince Into d world yesterday afternoon at Oakbend Med Center. Dr È was wonderful & so was the entire Oakbend crew. This thread has been so informative and selfless and I appreciate everyone. Documentation will begin after discharge & rest from CSection. Will feed d house back on how it goes. Luv u all.

Congrats MumTee, awesome christmas present to ur family.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cutelass: 9:41am On Dec 25, 2015
neks31:
Happy hols everyone!!!

Ma'am why are u here
Me: happy hols and to have my child
Officer: so shocked and was like when will this stop shaking his head
Me : shivering with watery eyes

Kikikikikikikikikikiki, I think say na only me no get liver oooo cos that wld be my exact reaction if na me. Congrats dear...most important thing be say u are in! Wish u all the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by feddy27: 10:52am On Dec 25, 2015
Merry Christmas to us all and our Americana babies!

Prolify! My nairaland bestie...special hugs dear...I can remember from dropbox visa renewal to birthing and now look at our babies! God is faithful.... *2nd missionary journey should be in view* wink

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by IjayMama: 11:10am On Dec 25, 2015
Yes, you can get PTA while operating a savings account.
Lol @ spread mat. We will not be defeated. [quote author=anonymousmum

@Ijay Mama - I think this first bank thing is the way o. I have one coded FBN near my house. Pray tell - can I use savings account for PTA?

I am willing to spread mat in front of the bank by 6am in order to be first customer come Dec 29th...[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 11:48am On Dec 25, 2015
Merry Christmas my people.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by prolify: 12:00pm On Dec 25, 2015
feddy27:
Merry Christmas to us all and our Americana babies!

Prolify! My nairaland bestie...special hugs dear...I can remember from dropbox visa renewal to birthing and now look at our babies! God is faithful.... *2nd missionary journey should be in view* wink

I am seriously considering it o. cheesy because if Trump by any slim chance win,2nd missionary journey go hard o.God is ever faithful, e-kisses to your L.O.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ayanuke: 12:47pm On Dec 25, 2015
prolify:

I am seriously considering it o. cheesy because if Trump by any slim chance win,2nd missionary journey go hard o.God is ever faithful, e-kisses to your L.O.

Hmmmm, he must not win o, some of us are still waiting on God for a miracle so that we can embark on the Journey to birth our American pinkins grin
Y'all have a great holiday.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 25, 2015
[quote author=ayanuke post=41329426]

Hmmmm, he must not win o, some of us are still waiting on God for a miracle so that we can embark on the Journey to birth our American pinkins grin

..@ ayanuke I strongly second your comment...please trump should try again layrra lerrus try and embark on our own missionary journey kwa grin...I can't read part 1 to 3 like ayam going for intafew and not experiment...

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 25, 2015
neks31:
Officer: have a sit ma'am
Me: praying
Officer ; how much is d hospital
Me: 8k dol
Officer: how much do U have
Me: 9k doll, cards n hubbys BOA Statement n cards
Officer: can u tell me what will take u back home as I see u r with your lil girl and why didn't u drop her
Me; my mom is recently bereaved n I don't feel I should stress her n I want to be with her this special time
Officer: what do u do
Me; laughing am a mogul ( kikikikikikikiikikik)
S/n I wanted him to just cheer up n work on his psyche small.
Officer ; I see , go n sit down. Heads to his colleague
Me; praying hardly ehh n tearing up small dunno why I can't control my emotions
Officer : are u in contact with any doc n d name of d hospital
Me: reaches to bring out my envelop na so he bounce me n d envelop n says , ma'am pls what is d name .. I just quickly told him
O[b[b]]fficer: murmuring very soon all this will stop[/b]

Like its his money people are using to come for birthing......unnecessary pepper body...Thank God it ended well....Godfidence!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by prolify: 1:11pm On Dec 25, 2015
ayanuke:

Your miracle is @ your door already,God would perfect all that concerns you smiley

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by veleta: 1:47pm On Dec 25, 2015
Merry Xmas to everyone here.
Please, Mama's that stay in Abuja, is Kubwa close to British Academy @Prince& Princess Estate, Duboyi.I want to book a hotel in Kubwa but don't know the proximity.Tried Google but couldn't get any tangible info.sorry for deviating.Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 2:23pm On Dec 25, 2015
ayanuke:

God bless u o! E remain make person de fast and pray mae the man no win. E never win and the cbp don de claim 'this will soon end'
God pass them all o!

@neks I still de laff! So u no even get muscle? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 2:25pm On Dec 25, 2015
KayLayChi:

I don't get, will the credit card be gotten From Naija or the US? If Naija, most credit cards in Naija have a 90 days clean up cycle and it's a loan so you have to fulfil all the conditions for a loan. Also the one third income rule will apply, say if your salary is 90k your loan repayment (for all your loans oh) should not be more than 30k. Please educate us further. So say you take if your take home is 100k I think the most you can take is say $150 and the card must swing into credit after 90days and you will also pay interest on the amount utilized. I never use credit card, please peeps wey don use can you further educate us too.

Credit card frm ur 9ja bank.

Just keep ur money with dem as cash backed and collect credit card to d limit of d cash u have placed as collateral.

For example, ur birthing is 3m, u need $10k+ yer, and Dollar is quite high. So place ur 3m in a fixed deposit with ur bank, use it as collateral for d credit card, spend up to $10k or more and pay your bills with ur credit card. Shikena. It's even easier thank form M andd it's settled at CBN rate! Gbam!
U pay monthly sef, and if ur cash flow is good, u end up having ur 3m back and use ur salary to pay for ur birthing in the long run.

This one that dollar has turned gulder ultimate search, na to find way around am o!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bisoye82: 2:59pm On Dec 25, 2015
Congratulations to all the new mummy's and daddy's.
Merry Christmas to you all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Egonne1(f): 3:00pm On Dec 25, 2015
Merry Christmas my e-fam. May God grant all our heart's desires.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by teefex: 3:08pm On Dec 25, 2015
teefex:
Hello house,
Merry Christmas and Happy new year in advance. Pls I have 2 questions that needs urgent answers. Pls help a sister out its really urgent.
- pls I need information on hospitals and doctor in Dallas fort worth that are affordable . I have read back saw JPS ( which no longer take international patients) parkland. Pls it's really urgent
- the money gramme transfer to the US how is it going to show at POE that the money is urs as part of ur burden of proof. Do we transfer and get d person's statement of account

Good afternoon everyone hope we are all enjoying the holidays.please I need answers to my questions, I know nobody owes it to me to answer but please help a sister out. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by yokus(f): 3:42pm On Dec 25, 2015
Merry Xmas n a happy new year in advance to you all. May we be highly blessed n favoured for the rest of the yr n into 2016.
@ Neks sorry bout the stress ehn, pele. Give ur lil girl a peck for me, i wish i brought my babies too.
As per arik ehn, i wish i cud use my 60kg wtout goin on the flight cos i cant go back with the flight, i cant stand the service, looking out for a direct flight to lagos frm houston... sm1 said i can ask for a refund for the other leg of my flight if i dont use it, pls explain how o. Mayb i can get a refund frm arik n il need to get frm whichever flight i return with.
@Frendly, it will all end in praise, u wil have no cause for tears this time. Follow the advice given.

Then i tried buying things o amazon with my gtcard n it declined, the email said i had used up my daily limit, hian, that was the 1st time i was using the gtcard in over 4days. I don tire to dey suffer dey spend my own money o

I met the Soul care lady and @Chicagobound at Dr Es last week. They r beautiful n amazing Women. God bless u guys.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ayanuke: 4:00pm On Dec 25, 2015
prolify:

Your miracle is @ your door already,God would perfect all that concerns you smiley

Amen, thanks a lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ayanuke: 4:03pm On Dec 25, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

God bless u o! E remain make person de fast and pray mae the man no win. E never win and the cbp don de claim 'this will soon end'
God pass them all o!

@neks I still de laff! So u no even get muscle? cheesy

Bless you too LadyG, God pass them true. Canada dey sha as plan B, cheesy If only that thread will come alive shocked

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 4:20pm On Dec 25, 2015
Merry Christmas mommas and papas. Neks, what a gangster cbp. Thank God for his mercies.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jayjay4lyf: 5:11pm On Dec 25, 2015
As per arik ehn, i wish i cud use my 60kg wtout goin on the flight cos i cant go back with the flight, i cant stand the service, looking out for a direct flight to lagos frm houston... sm1 said i can ask for a refund for the other leg of my flight if i dont use it, pls explain how o. Mayb i can get a refund frm arik n il need to get frm whichever flight i return with.

Send a mail to arik.refunds@arikair.com or call them on +2348077791310
Am sure they'll cut one outrageous figure out and give a paltry sum
Am still processing mine so don't know what it will eventually be

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Popri(f): 6:07pm On Dec 25, 2015
veleta:
Please, Mama's that stay in Abuja, is Kubwa close to British Academy @Prince& Princess Estate, Duboyi.I want to book a hotel in Kubwa but don't know the proximity.Tried Google but couldn't get any tangible info.sorry for deviating.Thanks

Hi
Kubwa is very far from prince and princess estate as well as British academy..
You can get affordable accomodation in town like the catholic guest house in Wuse 2 and ECWA guest house also in Wuse 2...Other missionary guest houses will offer affordable services
Availability of rooms in those affordable places remains a challenge
Goodluck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mulberry: 6:20pm On Dec 25, 2015
Merry Xmas to my nairaland famz. Wishing u all Gods blessings this Yuletide season.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 6:25pm On Dec 25, 2015
veleta:
Please, Mama's that stay in Abuja, is

Kubwa is not close to the mentioned areas. Say 40 minute drive or more from Kubwa to P&P

Congratulations @ MumTee
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by veleta: 6:39pm On Dec 25, 2015
Thanks a million @ Popri and Ozycy.I sincerely appreciate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 25, 2015
MumTee:
To God be the glory, We welcomed my prince Into d world yesterday afternoon at Oakbend Med Center. Dr È was wonderful & so was the entire Oakbend crew. This thread has been so informative and selfless and I appreciate everyone. Documentation will begin after discharge & rest from CSection. Will feed d house back on how it goes. Luv u all.
Congratulations ma. Please rest well ma.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by KayLayChi: 7:21pm On Dec 25, 2015
nefertitiram:

Credit card frm ur 9ja bank.

Just keep ur money with dem as cash backed and collect credit card to d limit of d cash u have placed as collateral.

For example, ur birthing is 3m, u need $10k+ yer, and Dollar is quite high. So place ur 3m in a fixed deposit with ur bank, use it as collateral for d credit card, spend up to $10k or more and pay your bills with ur credit card. Shikena. It's even easier thank form M andd it's settled at CBN rate! Gbam!
U pay monthly sef, and if ur cash flow is good, u end up having ur 3m back and use ur salary to pay for ur birthing in the long run.

This one that dollar has turned gulder ultimate search, na to find way around am o!

Okay. Will also get more info on this cos this dollar ish ain't going anytime soon. According to economy experts the say next year will be tougher. It's only God that will help us in these times...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 9:43pm On Dec 25, 2015
Wow I'm having a really bad time!!! Been in JFK since and there is snow storm to md n flight cancelled again!! Pls I don't want free hotel I just want to rest and am cramping real bad!! Dunno if I should just go straight to Houston n fashi this Maryland waka!!! I'm so pissed and emotional right now!! I thought ARIK was shitty but delta na wa!! This guys made me pay for all my luggages that d don't allow luggage for local flight that isn't attached to international flight!! So so pissed!
Pls excuse my rant Biko had to let it out!

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.