Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (852052 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by youngbilly1: 1:03pm On Jan 01, 2016
HI Nairalanders I would like to know which bank sales PTA or BTA. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 1:20pm On Jan 01, 2016
MiddyO:

I am. Send me a PM.
Yeepee... Ok love
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 1:20pm On Jan 01, 2016
bbaby84:

I think you should buy rechargeable batteries. I've never used the adapter for my medela and I've breastfed two babies.
Happy New year!
this is a good idea... Thanks darling
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 1:27pm On Jan 01, 2016
Neake07:

The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) is a program of the United States Government which allows citizens of specific countries to travel to the United States for tourism, business, or while in transit for up to 90 days without having to obtain a visa.

I have European passport
I know what a visa waiver is.

We were arguing about types/forms of waivers yday.. So was still in that realm...

Don't know why I didn't think u were referring to visa waiver

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 1:32pm On Jan 01, 2016
shawlar:

Why don't you just buy rechargeable batteries...??
How is the LO doing....?? R u still on vigilante duties..??
Happy New year

My baby is on permanent jetlag... Dude plays and seriously refuses to sleep during the day... But at night he crashes en... Sometimes u have to wake him up to eat. Unlike when we were in d US when. He keeps us awake at night and sleeps during the day.

Will consider the rechargeable batteries option. Getting original is my fear.

Happy new year
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by kemmytino(f): 1:37pm On Jan 01, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

You book by calling in. You give them ur dates and they give u a quote.
Delta airline Nos

Thanks, God bless.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 2:58pm On Jan 01, 2016
firsttymum:

My baby is on permanent jetlag... Dude plays and seriously refuses to sleep during the day... But at night he crashes en... Sometimes u have to wake him up to eat. Unlike when we were in d US when. He keeps us awake at night and sleeps during the day.

Happy new year

Same here, since we've come home she sleeps all night, and it's been 3mths now. Lucky you then..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Kingsmum: 3:24pm On Jan 01, 2016
Lol thanks sweets and a big Amen. Had a baby girl, both Houston & oakbend was a good experience and better than Elpaso.

Lol at gangster... how I go do!

FinanceFitness:
Yay....congratulations darling....didn't know you've had your baby.... May God bless and keep the little one. Boy or girl? Hope you enjoyed Oakbend and Houston? Better than El Paso right?

You did gangster again abi?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by iya01: 8:37pm On Jan 01, 2016
Dear all, thanks for all the info though i've not even read half of the thread. Pls has anyone used long beach in the carlifornia? What point of entry did you use and what was the experience like?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by teefex: 9:29pm On Jan 01, 2016
Happy new year everyone, God bless and grant us all our heart desires.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Apple19: 10:46pm On Jan 01, 2016
Pls mamas that flew Lufthansa, how is it?? Are they preggy friendly Baggage nko? And hope adding infants wont pose any probs? Pls kindly respond as I intend booking tonight. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nasadiva: 12:03am On Jan 02, 2016
firsttymum:

Happy new year

Happy new year dear. Check GAME for rechargeable batteries and the charger.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nasadiva: 12:10am On Jan 02, 2016
Happy new year all and congratulations to all our new mums. Let me go back to catch up mode, it's been a while.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chrisdew: 3:06am On Jan 02, 2016
Houston peeps holla......chris on point
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by iya01: 5:44am On Jan 02, 2016
Dear all, thanks for all the info though i've not even read half of the thread. Pls has anyone used long beach in the carlifornia? What point of entry did you use and what was the experience like? Happy New Year every one, pls I need info urgently.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bigfido: 8:27am On Jan 02, 2016
your poe will be LAX. that's Los Angeles
read back a few pages, someone used it

iya01:
Dear all, thanks for all the info though i've not even read half of the thread. Pls has anyone used long beach in the carlifornia? What point of entry did you use and what was the experience like? Happy New Year every one, pls I need info urgently.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Able15: 8:46am On Jan 02, 2016
iya01:

LAX airport is your best bet. I'm currently a few miles away from long beach.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Able15: 8:49am On Jan 02, 2016
Happy new year lovely family. 2016 a year of positive endless possibilities.
One love!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by omogedudu99: 10:25am On Jan 02, 2016
firsttymum:

Happy new year

Happy new year.

Please get the plug adapter if you can. But make sure you always use it with a step down adapter for our naija voltage.

The suction of the pump is better with the adapter than with the batteries (the cost of which adds up pretty well over time).

Let the batteries serve as back up whenever you can't use the adapter e.g when u are out of the house.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Amother4life: 10:46am On Jan 02, 2016
Neake07:

The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) is a program of the United States Government which allows citizens of specific countries to travel to the United States for tourism, business, or while in transit for up to 90 days without having to obtain a visa.

I have European passport

You have to declare your intentions at POE which is child birth. You don't need a visa as long as you have not visited Syria, Iran or Iraq in the last 5years. Good luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ify4charm: 11:44am On Jan 02, 2016
kemmytino:
Please, can anyone help with cheap and affordable hospital in Atlanta. I intend travelling by Jan ending and has been given Visa, bt it's nt been easy getting an affordable doctor within d range of 2-2.5$. Please experience Atlanta mums, kindly help a first timer. I was advised to book an appointment with a doctor b4 travelling by the V/O that interviewed me at d embassy.

Hi kemmytino,

I m a first time mum too but ll b coming to Atlanta first week of March. Won't mind having someone to talk to over there. When's ur due date, mine is end of April. I m contemplating using northside or Piedmont but still searching for a doctor within the 2k plus range. I have been making lots of calls but it seems to go to voicemail cos of the holiday. Pls hola if u finally get one and I ll do the same. Although I got through one that asked for $3445 but that's still a bit high.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 12:26pm On Jan 02, 2016
Apple19:
Pls mamas that flew Lufthansa, how is it?? Are they preggy friendly Baggage nko? And hope adding infants wont pose any probs? Pls kindly respond as I intend booking tonight. Thanks.
Check Firsttymum's post.
Her experience wasn't so good. But I flew them for my first birthing journey almost 2years ago without hassle.
Guess it all depends on who you meet at the check in counter. But for in-flight experience, it was good.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by oyin3: 1:00pm On Jan 02, 2016
Please anyone knows what the baggage allowance for BA? Checked online and it says,one checked luggage -23kg and a hang luggage? I thought its meant to be 2 23kg and a hand luggage? I really don't want any surprises or to pay for extra.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vcole: 3:04pm On Jan 02, 2016
happy new year everyone. it depends on your route Oyin. for instance if you are flying from the US to Dubai (dubai being your final destination), its 1 box of 23kg allowed. However i am assuming Nigeria is your departure and arrival port right? so its 2 checked in bags of 23kg each and 1 hand luggage up to 8kg, 1 laptop bag, 1 carry on/hand bag. Infant has 1 checked in bag of 23kg, Car seat and stroller also checked in free, 1 hand luggage up to 8kg, 1 diaper bag.
oyin3:
Please anyone knows what the baggage allowance for BA? Checked online and it says,one checked luggage -23kg and a hang luggage? I thought its meant to be 2 23kg and a hand luggage? I really don't want any surprises or to pay for extra.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by iya01: 4:14pm On Jan 02, 2016
@able15, thanks for ur response. Pls did u go thru LAX too? What's ur experience like at POE? My visa is B1B2, never entered US before.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by chicagobound: 8:01pm On Jan 02, 2016
Happy new year family, so it's official; I'm a Houston momma! wink
My LLO(emphasis on the Lovely) lol, arrived on the 28th via c/section and I couldn't be happier.
I used oakbend medical center and as firsttymum and ozycy will say "our Dr E". Wonderful experience I must say, from one who's done this cut 3 times, I know when c/s can't get any berra. Got discharged 48hrs and had a great medical attention. Someone started an insane gist bout my doc and cs here in Houston; hear this: God forgive U!!!
Hospital 3500
Dr. 2300
Epidural 940 guy no get change so dashed me 10$ grin
Still waiting for Nics cos of the holiday. I'll update later.

19 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by iya01: 11:40pm On Jan 02, 2016
Mums n dads in the house, please what's this change of inten thing, my visa was given based on vacation along with my family but for some reasons we couldn't go again as planned, now we decide to go when am due so I can have my baby there and we all spend our vacation there. I remember I was asked if going for medicals and my answer was No. Pls urgent response will be appreciated as am real close
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 12:38am On Jan 03, 2016
chicagobound:
Happy new year family, so it's official; I'm a Houston momma! wink
My LLO(emphasis on the Lovely) lol, arrived on the 28th via c/section and I couldn't be happier.
I used oakbend medical center and as firsttymum and ozycy will say "our Dr E". Wonderful experience I must say, from one who's done this cut 3 times, I know when c/s can't get any berra. Got discharged 48hrs and had a great medical attention. Someone started an insane gist bout my doc and cs here in Houston; hear this: God forgive U!!!
Hospital 3500
Dr. 2300
Epidural 940 guy no get change so dashed me 10$ grin
Still waiting for Nics cos of the holiday. I'll update later.

Aww congrats dear.. God bless Uand your LO!!!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ifizle: 12:41am On Jan 03, 2016
Hello i have been a silent reader but i neeed to share my poe experience with the house as i have read alot ....
I flew delta and requested wheel chair from atlanta.Got to the officer and the he says good morning maam hand me ur passport. And asks y are u here i say childbirth ans he says ok do u have any arrangements made as rgards payment i said yes and he is like ur finger prints and he says do u have any food to declare and he says ok then and stamps me in for 6 months and thats it ofd to my connecting flight and am resting now. Tank u nairalanders.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by chicagobound: 1:42am On Jan 03, 2016
neks31:

Aww congrats dear.. God bless Uand your LO!!!

Tnks love. God bless u much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 2:37am On Jan 03, 2016
iya01:
Mums n dads in the house, please what's this change of inten thing, my visa was given based on vacation along with my family but for some reasons we couldn't go again as planned, now we decide to go when am due so I can have my baby there and we all spend our vacation there. I remember I was asked if going for medicals and my answer was No. Pls urgent response will be appreciated as am real close

In ur case it's not a change of intent. because u were asked if u wld need it for medical, and u out rightly said no.
Inshort We answered someone here not too long ago.
And we gave her all the options. Pls read back a few pages.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.