Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,310 members, 7,836,352 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (856579 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Christyline: 8:52pm On Jan 03, 2016
cinakin:
Hi dear! Please share your transcript, so others will learn too

Thanks @cinakin . My interview went thus:

Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning, oh you're a Banker (I was wearing my Bank's lapel and ID)
Me: Yes
VO: What Bank do you work with and how long have you been with them?
Me: Told him
VO: What is your purpose of travelling to the US
Me: Childbirth and vacation
VO: Which State will you be going and who will you be staying with
Me: Georgia and I'll be staying with a friend
VO: Have you contacted any Doctor yet and can I have your correspondence with him
Me: I said yes and showed him an appointment letter I got from a Dr. over there. I also gave him my invitation letter.
VO: How did get to know the Doctor
Me: My friend that I will be staying with recommended him
VO: Has your friend used him
Me: No, but she said her friends used him. I have also spoken with the Doctor a couple of time
VO: Can I have your budget if you have one
Me: I gave him my well prepared budget (thanks to you guys)
VO: Congratulations, (he handed me a white paper) he then went ahead to tell me not to use medicaid and that I should keep all my receipts.

Like I said before, I have never travelled before.

That's it. Please o, I am still shopping for hospitals and Doctors in Grovetown, Georgia or its environs. I am trying to weigh my options.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 9:02pm On Jan 03, 2016
bbaby84:

Look at how people are finding you out sharp sharp lmao.

Ah just tire o!

Imagine if I was a cyber criminal. My career don end be that

@modath You know u r my ride or die chic!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mrsojephone: 9:13pm On Jan 03, 2016
Happy new year All. God blessings on everyone of us this year. Noone shall lose their young ones. All the expectant mothers shall testify (Amen) and God will provide money for the america hustle too.

@ firsttymum am doing fyn ooh. Just got back to naija after the long vacation. America sweet ooh, we can only continue to pray for a better niaja.
Work starts tomorrow. Been a silent reader because I really don't have much to add and all have been said.
How is motherhood treating you? Vigilante tins. Kisses to the LO.

firsttymum:
Mrsoje how are you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ashedzi: 9:30pm On Jan 03, 2016
Newbie alert
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 9:40pm On Jan 03, 2016
nefertitiram:
I've had a fab hols mehn!

My NL sisters rock eh! Hung out with Modath and Akindolz in Ikoyi Club and did justice to Oha Soup with Nogen and her adorable trio! I swear triplets hungry me for a moment.

Bbaby84, keep my Baileys o!

MiddyO, still waiting for the pounded yam you promised me! One love y'all

Hahahahaha Nerf!!!! It was a huge pleasure seeing you and your very beautiful angel. Modath, the trio are doing well. How is your LO. Would have loved to see you too. No worries, will land in your house with them soon.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ashedzi: 9:43pm On Jan 03, 2016
Hello NL family, I have been a silent reader, I was referred by a wonderful Momma. You guys are doing a great job here I must say. In the spirit of giving back.
Here's my Visa transcript.

Me: Gd morni
Vo: Gd morni, passport pls
Vo: Where in the US are u goin?
Me: New york city
Vo: purpose of visit
Me: Vacation
Vo: Where do u work
Me: XYZ
Vo: How much do u earn
Me:###
Vo: Who's sponsoring the trip
Me: Hubby
Vo: what does he do?
Me: He works wit XYZ company
Vo: I can see u just returned from the UK
Me: yes
Vo: Do u have children
Me: Yes a son
Vo:handed me the white paper and said I shd pick up my visa in 3days time.

I want to thank all the wonderful pple, I read a lot from both this thread and that of the Visa. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Apple19: 9:53pm On Jan 03, 2016
Double post
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Apple19: 9:57pm On Jan 03, 2016
ozycy:

:PThis mama, making us jealous since 2015.
Ayam so going to have my Abj squad, no be only una for lag sabi meetup, hangup, and club.

No mind these fabulous Jaye Jaye mamas jare. Dem dey make us jealous too much. As to me sleeping all through new year and my birthday (wen I no get ppl to visit.) No sha forget me in your kingdom of Abj Squad. You just be the chairmama, I go gladly be secretary ;DD

Meanwhile, I don find compression socks tire, as my legs don begin swell since Christmas day and wouldn't even go down no matter how high I raised it cry cry Pls bless a sister O, (even If na fairly use) as my waka don near finish. Cc Abuja mamas HELP OOOO!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 10:17pm On Jan 03, 2016
Apple19:

No sha forget me in your kingdom of Abj Squad. You just be the chairmama, I go gladly be secretary ;DD

Meanwhile, I don find compression socks tire, as my legs don begin swell since Christmas day and wouldn't even go down no matter how high I raised it cry cry Pls bless a sister O, (even If na fairly use) as my waka don near finish. Cc Abuja mamas HELP OOOO!!!
Kpele, me too, I stayed in the house throughout ooo.
I no get compression socks. I hope you will find soon

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mamasama: 10:18pm On Jan 03, 2016
iya01:
firsttymum; kindly assist with the response given i've searched all through but didn't get it, am quite new here and still trying to get myself arroud here. Biko kindly assist asap.

I actually went with my family earlier b4 I got pregnant and others got their visas except me, had issues with my appointment date but when I went back bele don enter but wasn't even thinking of birthing in d US cos of d cost not till recently. Biko assist ooo

Hello, had a similar experience in Dec, 2013. Went for my visa interview was 5 months gone but didn't disclose the pregnancy...

Fast forward March, i wrote to lagosniv about change of travel plan on the basis that my employer changed our leave policy hence, I cld not take both maternity and annual leave in the same financial year. Thus, I opted out to spend my maternity leave in the USA and needed their concurrence to firm up my travel plans aka hospital bills, flight etc.

At POE at detroit, I was asked why I didn't declare the pregnancy and I simply stuck to my story that my intent at first was to spend my annual leave, but in view of changes to our leave policy, I opted out to give birth in the USA and communicated this to the embassy and in view of their response, I proceeded. The Cbp officer was impressed, collected the letter, discussed with his colleagues and supervisor and checked me in for my connecting flight to phoenix.

Having said all, Pls pray for the holy spirit to guide you on the step to take...this was the first thing I did before I wrote to the embassy and it was the magic bullet at POE.

Wish u all the best....you can check my previous post as shilexy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 10:21pm On Jan 03, 2016
ashedzi:
Hello NL family, I have been a silent reader, I was referred by a wonderful Momma. You guys are doing a great job here I must say. In the spirit of giving back.
Here's my Visa transcript.

Me: Gd morni
Vo: Gd morni, passport pls
Vo: Where in the US are u goin?
Me: New york city
Vo: purpose of visit
Me: Vacation
Vo: Where do u work
Me: XYZ
Vo: How much do u earn
Me:###
Vo: Who's sponsoring the trip
Me: Hubby
Vo: what does he do?
Me: He works wit XYZ company
Vo: I can see u just returned from the UK
Me: yes
Vo: Do u have children
Me: Yes a son
Vo:handed me the white paper and said I shd pick up my visa in 3days time.

I want to thank all the wonderful pple, I read a lot from both this thread and that of the Visa. Thanks

Are you preg?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by debrixxy: 10:35pm On Jan 03, 2016
nefertitiram:

Are you preg?

Wanted to ask the same question

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by chicagobound: 10:46pm On Jan 03, 2016
akelvin:
@chicagobound;congrats dear we give God d glory.

Thanks sis.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ashedzi: 10:47pm On Jan 03, 2016
nefertitiram:

Are you preg?

Am not pregnant. Am warming up, as it is, I have even proceeded on my vacation and am back. I will post my POE transcript soon.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ashedzi: 10:48pm On Jan 03, 2016
debrixxy:

Wanted to ask the same question

Not yet,

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by chicagobound: 10:49pm On Jan 03, 2016
firsttymum:
Chicagobound

Congratulations.... I'm glad u enjoyed ur experience.... Mwuah kiss to ur LO...
We give God the glory

Thanks a lot. Kisses to yours aswell.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 10:52pm On Jan 03, 2016
ozycy:

Madam, you just dey start.
Guess you will be on your own when you get to Houston or are you parking in MaryL finally.

MaryGini?? Me that is leaving here in some seconds .. Just for me to see a doc d charged 350$ .. Your people said there is no space for dat side but d will arrange a temporary stay for me for d meantime shaa!! I'm out of here o can't even stay with anyone Biko considering my daughter too.. I want to settle her in nicely n let her be comfy too..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 10:53pm On Jan 03, 2016
chicagobound:

Thanks a lot. Kisses to yours aswell.

Hello dear pls is ur preggy high risk? I'm still torn btw frF n E and I'm on my way there so I have just this night to make up my mind and book appointments.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 10:53pm On Jan 03, 2016
ashedzi:

Am not pregnant. Am warming up, as it is, I have even proceeded on my vacation and am back. I will post my POE transcript soon.

Ehhh... i'm just thinking you should have posted in the visit visa thread. cos most people hear want to know about the process while preggie. My opinion sha o.

Anyways, welcome aboard
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by chicagobound: 10:54pm On Jan 03, 2016
nefertitiram:

Congrats dear. @bolded, why won't they start rumour when she has collected market from the monopoly? Lol

Thanks plenty plenty. Lol! abi? She's going to collect more ni oooo. Cos she's nice. cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by chicagobound: 10:55pm On Jan 03, 2016
neks31:

Hello dear pls is ur preggy high risk? I'm still torn btw frF n E and I'm on my way there so I have just this night to make up my mind and book appointments.

No it wasn't, just a repeat section.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 10:56pm On Jan 03, 2016
bbaby84:

It's not easy for both parties especially people like us that took toddlers.
I can't count how many potential hosts; some family, some friends that point blank told me to leave my son in Nigeria as they won't be able to take care of him when I'm in the hospital.

Sometimes, you'll 'mu oju kuro' (overlook somethings).
Just hang in there especially because when you're in the hospital they will have to help you take care of your kid. You don't want to be worrying about her when you're pushing or supposed to be resting.

Pele, it's almost over.
Happy New year!

My dear o not easy coming here with a kid .. But her daddy will join us soonest.. Not easy on both side!!!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ashedzi: 10:56pm On Jan 03, 2016
nefertitiram:

Ehhh... i'm just thinking you should have posted in the visit visa thread. cos most people hear want to know about the process while preggie. My opinion sha o.

Anyways, welcome aboard

Na d Preggie process carry come 4 here o, I just de read, follow up in preparation ni

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 10:58pm On Jan 03, 2016
chicagobound:

No it wasn't, just a repeat section.

Oh kk. Mine too is a repeat section.. Lemme DM u cos am on my phone at to Htown. Pls can u gimme ur email addy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by chicagobound: 11:17pm On Jan 03, 2016
ozycy:

Good to know you had a wonderful experience with our Dr E grin
Quick quick recovery to you.
Oya do fast and come back home.
I can't wait to have you back.
Kisses to our LO. kiss

Sweetie of mine, thanks so much. I can't wait too oh.
See you soon sis. kiss

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by chicagobound: 11:19pm On Jan 03, 2016
neks31:

No love, it was just a repeat section
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by chicagobound: 11:32pm On Jan 03, 2016
ozycy:

:PThis mama, making us jealous since 2015.
Ayam so going to have my Abj squad, no be only una for lag sabi meetup, hangup, and club.

GBAM!!! Lol

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bigfido: 12:24am On Jan 04, 2016
nefertitiram and firsttymum it was soooo easy finding the both of you on twitter! found you guys since! tongue
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 12:39am On Jan 04, 2016
neks31:

MaryGini?? Me that is leaving here in some seconds .. Just for me to see a doc d charged 350$ .. Your people said there is no space for dat side but d will arrange a temporary stay for me for d meantime shaa!! I'm out of here o can't even stay with anyone Biko considering my daughter too.. I want to settle her in nicely n let her be comfy too..
Chai, kpele
I droff cap for u pple travelling alone with kids plus belle. Infact, I throway Salute join. I no fit. Jisie Ike.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 12:44am On Jan 04, 2016
bigfido:
nefertitiram and firsttymum it was soooo easy finding the both of you on twitter! found you guys since! tongue
Make I go find them too #runsoff2twitter# tongue
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 12:54am On Jan 04, 2016
ozycy:

Make I go find them too #runsoff2twitter# tongue

Na to delete twitter handle be that angry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bigfido: 12:56am On Jan 04, 2016
nefertitiram:

Na to delete twitter handle be that angry

Firsttymum gave you away.. Kikikikikiki

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (401)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.