Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (853452 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nictos: 3:51pm On Jan 27, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
@nictos after reading thru your post, from the facts you presented, I fail to see where you are confused.
Does she have a relation in the US?
Do you live in the US? No. You intend to merely birth in the US? Yes. So if that's the case, the answer she filled before remains same because both of u are visitors.
Unless she has a relative in the US and lied the ist time...
Ask a direct question so nobody speculates...

@all please who has changed dollar at stanbic recently. My 2 weeks booking na tomorrow. I am veeery afraid that its too good to be true...

Hi LadyGuinivere,
Thanks for the response. She does have a relations but the agent that did her first application convinced her that her best chance of getting a visa was to state that she doesnt have anyone in the US and would only like to go for vacation. Now we are stuck on leaving that info the way it is.

My question then is, can she re-apply as a visitor on the grounds that i would be sponsoring her trip or whats her best chance of getting a positive visa response.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mrsbw: 4:08pm On Jan 27, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
@nictos after reading thru your post, from the facts you presented, I fail to see where you are confused.
Does she have a relation in the US?
Do you live in the US? No. You intend to merely birth in the US? Yes. So if that's the case, the answer she filled before remains same because both of u are visitors.
Unless she has a relative in the US and lied the ist time...
Ask a direct question so nobody speculates...

@all please who has changed dollar at stanbic recently. My 2 weeks booking na tomorrow. I am veeery afraid that its too good to be true...

Hmnn i applied since Jan 6 and I haven't heard from them oh. Have they called you? They said they'll call when they have available for me to buy.
My contact there said they are stalling cos my trip is in Feb..that they are trying to attend to closer flights first
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 4:09pm On Jan 27, 2016
Nictos:

Hi LadyGuinivere,
Thanks for the response. She does have a relations but the agent that did her first application convinced her that her best chance of getting a visa was to state that she doesnt have anyone in the US and would only like to go for vacation. Now we are stuck on leaving that info the way it is.

My question then is, can she re-apply as a visitor on the grounds that i would be sponsoring her trip or whats her best chance of getting a positive visa response.

Thank you.
I can't comment on her chances. Only her VO can answer that.
I can only give u lawful advice which would be in her best interest.
If she has relations (close ones) please let her indicate on the form. Do u know if she was refused based on that seemingly innocuos lie? The VO's when they discover dishonesty simply do their thing and x you.
Yes she can apply to accompany you to give birth. Lotsa folks here did that. Its perfectly legal.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nadina: 4:12pm On Jan 27, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I love U grin

Thank you LadyGuinivere cheesy grin.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 4:13pm On Jan 27, 2016
mrsbw:

Hmnn i applied since Jan 6 and I haven't heard from them oh. Have they called you? They said they'll call when they have available for me to buy.
My contact there said they are stalling cos my trip is in Feb..that they are trying to attend to closer flights first

Ha! You are waiting for them to call you?! Chai! You are. A patient Nigerian o! My flight is in 2 weeks nne. Ist thing tomorrow na my call go greet them grin
If I hear say I de wait for them to call me. Lol
How much is their exchange rate now and total bank charge ? Do u know?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mrsbw: 4:16pm On Jan 27, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Ha! You are waiting for them to call you?! Chai! You are. A patient Nigerian o! My flight is in 2 weeks nne. Ist thing tomorrow na my call go greet them grin
If I hear say I de wait for them to call me. Lol
How much is their exchange rate now and total bank charge ? Do u know?

Loool. No! I called them, and was told they'll call me when they have available.
Then I contacted someone there who told me they are still attending to Jan flight requests.

Let me call them again now sef.
Dnt knw what their rate is oh
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 4:30pm On Jan 27, 2016
mrsbw:

Loool. No! I called them, and was told they'll call me when they have available.
Then I contacted someone there who told me they are still attending to Jan flight requests.

Let me call them again now sef.
Dnt knw what their rate is oh
Mbok ask them their rate and total charges. God bless!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mrsbw: 4:37pm On Jan 27, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Mbok ask them their rate and total charges. God bless!

They said they currently don't have funds to sell; but will contact as soon as the situation changes. Ayam tired oh
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 4:45pm On Jan 27, 2016
mrsbw:

They said they currently don't have funds to sell; but will contact as soon as the situation changes. Ayam tired oh
Chineke nna m! Ayam finish o!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 4:49pm On Jan 27, 2016
Meeracle:
..I just want to give thanks to God and to everyone @favoredgal your story made me not do the drop box.. Thanks..have a blessed day everyone.

Congrats dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 4:56pm On Jan 27, 2016
Nictos:
Hi Blessed Parents,
Please kindly help a sis out.

My challenge is that my mum has applied for a US tourist visa in December and was rejected. Part of

One Luv!

Where have you been madam?

Let her apply that she is going to help u and go with your data page
Whatever you guys think was the reason for her rejection (and what has changed) should be explained carefully or clarified in filling the form under previous denials
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 27, 2016
Please I want to know if Moneygram or WesternUnion is still sending out to US from Nigeria////Tanx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Onlineise(m): 5:04pm On Jan 27, 2016
Meeracle:
Good afternoon everyone I renewed my visa today I didn't do drop box,went for interview I over stayed my visa after the person that was supposed to help me and Dh bring back the babies disappointed us a week to our departure even after we had bought her ticket.. I applied for extension on my own without a lawyer and made some calls ....I really don't want to go into details.. because of lookers..I just want to give thanks to God and to everyone @favoredgal your story made me not do the drop box.. Thanks..have a blessed day everyone.

Congrats @ Meeracle I tap into your miracle for DW

House,

This Life is just a pot of beans, DW was rejected and I must confess it hit us both badly...maybe because she has never been rejected before and has both UK, US and other country stamps. Please see a recap below:

She has a current B1/B2 visa expiring in Feb...She is due in soon so we felt she should renew before it expires and in the spirit of honesty I felt she should go for interview rather than do Dropbox so she can declare she is pregnant to avoid future stress. We had submitted and picked a date before family and friends began to make comments like "its risky what you people are doing" we then began to feel like mumus.

At the interview, the VO saw her current B1/B2 stamp and was all okay until she said she was pregnant. The man asked for everything she had and she produced all (we were well armed since we did our research all here and beyond)...The VO basically just flipped thru the Hosp. correspondences, Budget Sheet, Acct Statements and other documents she had on her. The VO didn't waste 1 minute even reading the letter or checking the statement he seemed not interested...to cut the story short he rejected.

We intended to reapply cause she doesn't even understand how the man will not ask her any question...She has been to the states 3 times and has never even stayed beyond 10days on each occasion.

Please any tips good people...cos i feel so bad making her do interview instead of dropbox jejeli.

Merci!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 5:27pm On Jan 27, 2016
Onlineise:

House,

This Life is just a pot of beans, DW was rejected and I must confess it hit us both badly...maybe because she has never been rejected before and has both UK, US and other country stamps. Please see a recap below:

She has a current B1/B2 visa expiring in Feb...She is due in June so we felt she should renew before it expires and in the spirit of honesty I felt she should go for interview rather than do Dropbox so she can declare she is pregnant to avoid future stress. We had submitted and picked a date before family and friends began to make comments like "its risky what you people are doing" we then began to feel like mumus.

At the interview, the VO saw her current B1/B2 stamp and was all okay until she said she was pregnant. The man asked for everything she had and she produced all (we were well armed since we did our research all here and beyond)...The VO basically just flipped thru the Hosp. correspondences, Budget Sheet, Acct Statements and other documents she had on her. The VO didn't waste 1 minute even reading the letter or checking the statement he seemed not interested...to cut the story short he rejected.

We intended to reapply cause she doesn't even understand how the man will not ask her any question...She has been to the states 3 times and has never even stayed beyond 10days on each occasion.

Please any tips good people...cos i feel so bad making her do interview instead of dropbox jejeli.

Merci!
Ha! This is a novel situation. You guys qualified for dropbox? You could have done drop. Box and gone for interview if called.Now u can't use dropbox again. Anyways no point beating a wounded horse.
Hm!
I'd there hasn't been any misrepresentation and she didn't break any laws while in the US, PLEASE reapply! Did she use any healthcare while she was there? Please be honest o! Cos this your story come be like where winch follow una go the interview.
In the column for why were you refused, you state all the things u posted earlier.
Pele
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Onlineise(m): 5:33pm On Jan 27, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Ha! This is a novel situation. You guys qualified for dropbox? You could have done drop. Box and gone for interview if called.Now u can't use dropbox again. Anyways no point beating a wounded horse.
Hm!
I'd there hasn't been any misrepresentation and she didn't break any laws while in the US, PLEASE reapply! Did she use any healthcare while she was there? Please be honest o! Cos this your story come be like where winch follow una go the interview.
In the column for why were you refused, you state all the things u posted earlier.
Pele
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by wolefola: 5:43pm On Jan 27, 2016
Dear Adebubble,pls I sent you a pm kindly respond as soon as you chanced.God bless u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 6:25pm On Jan 27, 2016
The doctor that sent me letter is affiliated to del so but am not using him. He is not VBAC friendly. There is this group of doctors that are VBAC friendly but you pay when you arrive then they will assign you to a dr. or you can choose any dr. of ur choice. They told me they suppport VBAC 100%. I Don't know if any of them is affiliated to Del sol but they are affiliated to UMC. Their office is just right behind UMC. They charge 2,500 for doctors and 1,600 for mid wives. Even if your doctor happen not to be around on the day of the delivery. They make another doctor available.
However, if you know or if anyone has ever done VBAC at Del So. Pls, let me know the doctor you used. I would prefer Del sol ofcourse. Its a bit cheaper than UMC.
In mean time, I will call the group of doctors and ask them if any of their VBAC friendly doctors is affiliated to del sol as well.
Thanks

vcole:
i really don't know about any accomodation closer to UMC but i am pretty sure you can scout for on arrival. you can pay intown suites weekly so you really would not lose any money while you search for a more convenient apartment downtown. i thought you mentioned earlier that your doctor is affiliated to del sol and not umc or did i read incorrectly?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by raptor2: 6:46pm On Jan 27, 2016
Onlineise:
This is our first baby...she only goes for vacation and even the last visit was our honeymoon...meanwhile her current stamp was issued in UK though during her masters...so it wasn't in 9ja...the VO didn't even check the docs in details that's the painful part.

Hmmm N.a. wa oooo
Please REAPPLY. ..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 6:55pm On Jan 27, 2016
I just called them and they said they can get me a vbac dr. that is affiliated to del so but this is after I come in and have paid. So I think I will leave everything pending till I enter elpaso. If I get a dr that will deliver me at del so. I will go for it, if not I will deliver at UMC. I will just make a booking with intown suites for one week and subsequently make the rest while I stay.

@ lollarojo, my flight's proposed time to get to elpaso is 18:51 almost 7pm. So we can't get a room even after booking online. Wahala dey ooo. Wetin I wan come do. Let me call them and if dis is correct then we have to get a room for one night in a hotel then check into intown suites the nxt day. I no fit sleep 4 airport with my children nah.

emeldamicheals:
The doctor that sent me letter is affiliated to del so but am not using him. He is not VBAC friendly. There is this group of doctors that are VBAC friendly but you pay when you arrive then they will assign you to a dr. or you can choose any dr. of ur choice. They told me they suppport VBAC 100%. I Don't know if any of them is affiliated to Del sol but they are affiliated to UMC. Their office is just right behind UMC. They charge 2,500 for doctors and 1,600 for mid wives. Even if your doctor happen not to be around on the day of the delivery. They make another doctor available.
However, if you know or if anyone has ever done VBAC at Del So. Pls, let me know the doctor you used. I would prefer Del sol ofcourse. Its a bit cheaper than UMC.
In mean time, I will call the group of doctors and ask them if any of their VBAC friendly doctors is affiliated to del sol as well.
Thanks

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mulberry: 7:18pm On Jan 27, 2016
Dear mamas and papas in d house, information is power they say, and I ve come to realise did since my husband introduced me to this thread. I got all d info I required to apply for my very first us visa from dis thread and went for my first missionary journey successfully and now just renewed my visa via drop box successfully. I know it will all end in praise. Will be back here to share poe stories. Unfortunately no much info about birthing in Denver, Colorado has been discussed on the thread so I am on d search for one. I may just discover another mhis.

Shout out to all d sabi mamas and papas, wishing u all Gods blessings to ur little ones and safe delivery to all waddling moms!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mulberry: 7:23pm On Jan 27, 2016
allen0000:
Please I want to know if Moneygram or WesternUnion is still sending out to US from Nigeria////Tanx

Yes they through the banks but u ve to be on queue in some of d banks and not all their branches are selling
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 27, 2016
Make una follow me thank God oo........My wife just gave birth to a baby girl here in Chicago..............

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 8:01pm On Jan 27, 2016
emeldamicheals:
Hello, thanks alot for your detailed answers. I appreciate. I am using UMC instead of Del so because of my limited options. UMC is VBAC friendly. Del So isn't or does anyone know any doctor that performs VBAC at Del so. That is vaginal birth after a C-section.
Do you know any cheap accomodation like intown suites but closer to UMC? Have not been able to see much online.
Stanbic told me they don't give PTA except in their head office in Lagos.
Thanks again....

Dr. Lagunas does VBAC and she uses Del Sol. I think she's about the only doctor in El paso who does a VBAC.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by danowena: 8:02pm On Jan 27, 2016
Onlineise:

House,

This Life is just a pot of beans, ......

Merci!

Eyha. It is well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 8:11pm On Jan 27, 2016
allen0000:
Make una follow me thank God oo........My wife just gave birth to a baby girl here in Chicago..............
Another Chicago mum.
Congratulations to you and your wifey
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 27, 2016
ozycy:

Another Chicago mum.
Congratulations to you and your wifey

Thanks and God bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bj2012golf(m): 8:23pm On Jan 27, 2016
Congratulations! God bless mum n child

allen0000:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 8:25pm On Jan 27, 2016
Meeracle:
Good afternoon everyone I renewed my visa today I didn't do drop box,went for interview I over stayed my visa after the person that was supposed to help me and Dh bring back the babies disappointed us a week to our departure even after we had bought her ticket.. I applied for extension on my own without a lawyer and made some calls ....I really don't want to go into details.. because of lookers..I just want to give thanks to God and to everyone @favoredgal your story made me not do the drop box.. Thanks..have a blessed day everyone.

Thank God for the miracle! Lol

But there's no way you could have qualified for dropbox even if you wanted to do so because you overstayed. Nevertheless, you were straightforward about it, it wasn't your fault.

Congrats

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 8:46pm On Jan 27, 2016
omodadi:
I see you sis..

I hear you sis!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Lialian: 9:08pm On Jan 27, 2016
MsEclat:
Is anyone traveling from Houston to Lagos on oct 22nd with Lufthansa ? please holla back.

Hello were you able to get a cheaped quote for circumsicion
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Meeracle: 9:10pm On Jan 27, 2016
Thanks @ favoredgal...thanks ma @ nef....thanks @ onlineise may God show your DW favor when she reapply.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bisoye82: 10:02pm On Jan 27, 2016
allen0000:
Congratulations smiley smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.