Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (854312 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 10:41pm On Jan 26, 2016
cinakin:
Etihad is doing promo oh, just thought to share and someone answer my earlier post Biko grin
How much is the ticket? Don't tell me to go and check, I no wan go. wink
Visa is $300 with Tanko.
Yea I also read about the $40 postage cos the Ambassador is in Dallas now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cinakin: 10:45pm On Jan 26, 2016
I really don't know the details,just got the email.
omodadi:

I think the promo is for May trips right? I booked today and only got for DH. The lady said I can't get as I'll be going earlier.
Though I only had to use her cos we have pending tickets with Etihad, so we just added some money.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by veejohnson: 11:29pm On Jan 26, 2016
cinakin:
I really don't know the details,just got the email.
Pls what's the lady's no for the sales ticket. Kindly share pls. I tried search to el paso but am getting nothin. God bless
@omodadi please o!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 1:00am On Jan 27, 2016
veejohnson:

Pls what's the lady's no for the sales ticket. Kindly share pls. I tried search to el paso but am getting nothin. God bless
@omodadi please o!

08078390406........she works for a coy though, but their prices are still considerate sometimes.
08056920009....... try her too
+97125110000........That's etihad's customer service. You can book directly, but u need to be patient cos not all of dem understand Eng very well.
All the best!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Adebuble(f): 1:04am On Jan 27, 2016
ozycy:

How much is the ticket? Don't tell me to go and check, I no wan go. wink
Visa is $300 with Tanko.
Yea I also read about the $40 postage cos the Ambassador is in Dallas now.

Yea... But can some else call both of them n send us what they say.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 1:09am On Jan 27, 2016
I see you sis..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by AmeLonRo(m): 3:19am On Jan 27, 2016
bigfido:

Yes you can

Can one get visa with 7, 8, 9 months pregnancy?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by itunuaremu: 3:54am On Jan 27, 2016
Gudmorning Daddy nd mummy in d house,pls am new here nd I need ur assist. Pls put me thru on hw to go abt given birth in d US tnks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 6:49am On Jan 27, 2016
itunuaremu:
Gudmorning Daddy nd mummy in d house,pls am new here nd I need ur assist. Pls put me thru on hw to go abt given birth in d US tnks
Read the very ist page of this thread. Thenm ask for clarifications

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cinakin: 7:44am On Jan 27, 2016
This is the email I got.. I don't know if am crossing the line by posting it here. If I am Abeg take am out oh grin

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 7:58am On Jan 27, 2016
omodadi:
I see you sis..

I hear you sis
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ifax(f): 8:29am On Jan 27, 2016
omodadi:
I see you sis..

I hear u sis wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bigfido: 9:11am On Jan 27, 2016
AmeLonRo:

Can one get visa with 7, 8, 9 months pregnancy?

Yes
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 9:37am On Jan 27, 2016
Hi everyone and how are u all doing? I opened stanbic bank acc yesterday. Checked out black market which was 304 as @ yesterday. Praying seriously it falls or they lift PTA b4 2 weeks time since am leaving in 3 wks time.
I got our tickets yesterday for me, mum and my twin girls. Lufthansa from abuja to elpaso 1,167,224 for all of us. 2 adults and 2 children
I pray God perfects the rest of my plan especially dis whole dollar craziness.
Please, to ask some questions.
1) How long does it take to get reply from embassy when u send notification of intent cos I intend sending it a bit closer to my travel time.
2) El paso mama's do u pay to make a reservation with in town suites.
3) What is the best network to use in el paso. International calls to nigeria friendly network.
4) Del so hospital told me they don't send prices via email. It was only coveyed vocally though I will be using UMC. I have doctor's letter. Is it very necessary to have email from hospital as well. I have email from UMC but the doctor that sent me correspondence is affiliated to del so hospital.
5) My flight goes via houston. Am scared shaa but God dey. I have 3 hrs 45 mins lay over only b4 proceeding to el paso. Hope I won't miss the flight since am with kids and I dnt know if lufthansa puts u on another flight if u miss ur flight cos of immigration.
6) I couldn't book for wheel chair cos they guy said it could trigger suspicions like if I was really fit blah blah blah...
7) Hope its no much stress with Lufthanss to add infant and hope its not too expensive either.

Thanks everyone and Sorry for the jamb questions. I love to type and sometimes I loose track of how much I have typed. Pls, am still waiting to collabo with mama's with birthing itinerary like me. Expectant mama's due in March. Elpaso bound... You can email me shaa on emeldamicheals@gmail.com

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vcole: 10:50am On Jan 27, 2016
Hi. I suppose PTA is still being sold by stanbic so you need to apply and then wait 2 weeks. However also try other banks, you just might get lucky.
1) i suppose it should take about 48hrs? i really do not know. However there is no harm in sending it in now.
2) No u do not pay. just reserve online and pay on arrival
3) Simple mobile or Ulta mobile last i know of
4)hmmm, why UMC and not Del Sol? entirely your choice though. umc is a teaching hospital and del sol is private. So, larger delivery suites at del sol than at umc. Also, umc is quite a distance from intown suites where you intend to stay.
A lady who was registered with umc went into labour when i was there and couldn't make it to umc and had to go to del sol. ended up paying del sol more since she didn't register prior to delivery and so was not entitled to the discount. Umc refunded some of her money, about 50% but in the long run she spent a lot more.
Your letter from your doctor and any hospital letter you have should suffice as well as funds for poe
5)3hr 45mins is more than enough time for transit. If you go to secondary inspection and get delayed, then politely inform the cbp officer (s) who would notify the airline and put you on the next connecting flight. I am sure the houston-el paso leg would be operated by a US airline. check your flight ticket to confirm.
6) In my honest opinion, you do not need a wheel chair. Unless you want one. you can book at check-in or add as a special service online
7) i do not know of any airline that would not eventually issue you an infant ticket. some take longer and process may be grueling but your baby would fly in the end. just make sure to do it on time, call repeatedly until a knowledgeable person responds or ask someone to pay for it from Nigeria at the LH ticketing office.
i hope i have been able to help.
emeldamicheals:
Hi everyone and how are u all doing? I opened stanbic bank acc yesterday. Checked out black market which was 304 as @ yesterday. Praying seriously it falls or they lift PTA b4 2 weeks time since am leaving in 3 wks time.
I got our tickets yesterday for me, mum and my twin girls. Lufthansa from abuja to elpaso 1,167,224 for all of us. 2 adults and 2 children
1) How long does it take to get reply from embassy when u send notification of intent cos I intend sending it a bit closer to my travel time.
3) What is the best network to use in el paso. International calls to nigeria friendly network.
4) Del so hospital told me they don't send prices via email. It was only coveyed vocally though I will be using UMC. I have doctor's letter. Is it very necessary to have email from hospital as well. I have email from UMC but the doctor that sent me correspondence is affiliated to del so hospital.
5) My flight goes via houston. Am scared shaa but God dey. I have 3 hrs 45 mins lay over only b4 proceeding to el paso. Hope I won't miss the flight since am with kids and I dnt know if lufthansa puts u on another flight if u miss ur flight cos of immigration.
6) I couldn't book for wheel chair cos they guy said it could trigger suspicions like if I was really fit blah blah blah...
7) Hope its no much stress with Lufthanss to add infant and hope its not too expensive either.

Thanks everyone and Sorry for the jamb questions. I love to type and sometimes I loose track of how much I have typed. Pls, am still waiting to collabo with mama's with birthing itinerary like me. Expectant mama's due in March. Elpaso bound... You can email me shaa on emeldamicheals@gmail.com

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chrisdew: 11:34am On Jan 27, 2016
Houston peeps holla , chris on the wheels of comfty.....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nictos: 11:43am On Jan 27, 2016
Hi Blessed Parents,
Please kindly help a sis out.

I have a 2years tourist visa and have used it for the purpose. Now i want to go give birth (will send the letter on intent to the embassy before embarking on the journey) but i would love to go with my mum for ease of managing my 19month Old son and the new baby.

My challenge is that my mum has applied for a US tourist visa in December and was rejected. Part of her information in the form was that she doesn't have any relations in the US but just want to go for vacation on grounds of sponsoring herself as a caterer.

Now i want to re-apply for her but confuse on what to put in her application and how to go about it.

Please your candid advice and experience would be appreciated.

One Luv!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by lollarojo: 11:49am On Jan 27, 2016
emeldamicheals:

i sent u a mail but didnt get a response maybe we wd ve discussed better as i have used elpaso before for my first and will be going in 2weeks again for the next..anyway if ure using intown suite u have to make sure u get there before 7pm as to check in else u might get stranded till the next day, someone mentioned staying over at d airport till the next morning because if same issue and u sure dont want to go thru that..i got ba ticket to elpaso via dallas..also letter of intent will ve replied within 48hrs from experience..UMC is kinda far from intown suites u will be spending alot on cab and mayb u try getting a place near der or change hospitals to delsol its just few mins from intown and the clinic..in elpaso i got tmobile for local calls and downloaded rebtel app for international calls and it was very affordable and easy to access...i dont see why you cant book wheelchair, if it will help its best u ignore that speculation and save urself d stress..goodluck

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 11:53am On Jan 27, 2016
emeldamicheals:
ion.
I guess you have a stop over in Frankfurt before proceeding to Houston.
You need the wheel chair for that transit cos the distance to your departure terminal is too long and you have kids too.
You can request for wheel chair at Naija airport while checking in.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 1:50pm On Jan 27, 2016
Hello, thanks alot for your detailed answers. I appreciate. I am using UMC instead of Del so because of my limited options. UMC is VBAC friendly. Del So isn't or does anyone know any doctor that performs VBAC at Del so. That is vaginal birth after a C-section.
Do you know any cheap accomodation like intown suites but closer to UMC? Have not been able to see much online.
Stanbic told me they don't give PTA except in their head office in Lagos.
Thanks again....

vcole:
Hi. I suppose PTA is still being sold by stanbic so you need to apply and then wait 2 weeks. However also try other banks, you just might get lucky.
1) i suppose it should take about 48hrs? i really do not know. However there is no harm in sending it in now.
2) No u do not pay. just reserve online and pay on arrival
3) Simple mobile or Ulta mobile last i know of
4)hmmm, why UMC and not Del Sol? entirely your choice though. umc is a teaching hospital and del sol is private. So, larger delivery suites at del sol than at umc. Also, umc is quite a distance from intown suites where you intend to stay.
A lady who was registered with umc went into labour when i was there and couldn't make it to umc and had to go to del sol. ended up paying del sol more since she didn't register prior to delivery and so was not entitled to the discount. Umc refunded some of her money, about 50% but in the long run she spent a lot more.
Your letter from your doctor and any hospital letter you have should suffice as well as funds for poe
5)3hr 45mins is more than enough time for transit. If you go to secondary inspection and get delayed, then politely inform the cbp officer (s) who would notify the airline and put you on the next connecting flight. I am sure the houston-el paso leg would be operated by a US airline. check your flight ticket to confirm.
6) In my honest opinion, you do not need a wheel chair. Unless you want one. you can book at check-in or add as a special service online
7) i do not know of any airline that would not eventually issue you an infant ticket. some take longer and process may be grueling but your baby would fly in the end. just make sure to do it on time, call repeatedly until a knowledgeable person responds or ask someone to pay for it from Nigeria at the LH ticketing office.
i hope i have been able to help.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 1:54pm On Jan 27, 2016
Thanks dear. Sorry, I didn't notice but I dropped my email. U can email me directly anytime.

lollarojo:
i sent u a mail but didnt get a response maybe we wd ve discussed better as i have used elpaso before for my first and will be going in 2weeks again for the next..anyway if ure using intown suite u have to make sure u get there before 7pm as to check in else u might get stranded till the next day, someone mentioned staying over at d airport till the next morning because if same issue and u sure dont want to go thru that..i got ba ticket to elpaso via dallas..also letter of intent will ve replied within 48hrs from experience..UMC is kinda far from intown suites u will be spending alot on cab and mayb u try getting a place near der or change hospitals to delsol its just few mins from intown and the clinic..in elpaso i got tmobile for local calls and downloaded rebtel app for international calls and it was very affordable and easy to access...i dont see why you cant book wheelchair, if it will help its best u ignore that speculation and save urself d stress..goodluck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 2:38pm On Jan 27, 2016

ozycy:

I guess you have a stop over in Frankfurt before proceeding to Houston.
You need the wheel chair for that transit cos the distance to your departure terminal is too long and you have kids too.
You can request for wheel chair at Naija airport while checking in.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 27, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

I hear you sis

Thanks sis! I got message for u on the group
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 27, 2016
ifax:

I hear u sis wink

Thank you sis! Check group for my message
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nadina: 3:00pm On Jan 27, 2016
Hello everyone..First bank on Aba Road, Port Harcourt is selling PTA. Though I heard they have limited dollars available and as soon as it's exhausted they 'll stop selling. Their rate is 197.50 naira to one dollar. Thought I should share with the house.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vcole: 3:12pm On Jan 27, 2016
i really don't know about any accomodation closer to UMC but i am pretty sure you can scout for on arrival. you can pay intown suites weekly so you really would not lose any money while you search for a more convenient apartment downtown. i thought you mentioned earlier that your doctor is affiliated to del sol and not umc or did i read incorrectly?
emeldamicheals:
Hello, thanks alot for your detailed answers. I appreciate. I am using UMC instead of Del so because of my limited options. UMC is VBAC friendly. Del So isn't or does anyone know any doctor that performs VBAC at Del so. That is vaginal birth after a C-section.
Do you know any cheap accomodation like intown suites but closer to UMC? Have not been able to see much online.
Stanbic told me they don't give PTA except in their head office in Lagos.
Thanks again....

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 3:30pm On Jan 27, 2016
@nictos after reading thru your post, from the facts you presented, I fail to see where you are confused.
Does she have a relation in the US?
Do you live in the US? No. You intend to merely birth in the US? Yes. So if that's the case, the answer she filled before remains same because both of u are visitors.
Unless she has a relative in the US and lied the ist time...
Ask a direct question so nobody speculates...

@all please who has changed dollar at stanbic recently. My 2 weeks booking na tomorrow. I am veeery afraid that its too good to be true...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 3:32pm On Jan 27, 2016
nadina:
Hello everyone..First bank on Aba Road, Port Harcourt is selling PTA. Though I heard they have limited dollars available and as soon as it's exhausted they 'll stop selling. Their rate is 197.50 naira to one dollar. Thought I should share with the house.
I love U grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vcole: 3:37pm On Jan 27, 2016
hola ELP momma!
lollarojo:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Meeracle: 3:37pm On Jan 27, 2016
Good afternoon everyone I renewed my visa today I didn't do drop box,went for interview I over stayed my visa after the person that was supposed to help me and Dh bring back the babies disappointed us a week to our departure even after we had bought her ticket.. I applied for extension on my own without a lawyer and made some calls ....I really don't want to go into details.. because of lookers..I just want to give thanks to God and to everyone @favoredgal your story made me not do the drop box.. Thanks..have a blessed day everyone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81