Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,767 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (304) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (853070 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:43am On Feb 19, 2016
anonymousmum:
^^^ to add to your post, open various accounts in various banks so that when the time comes, they will not say that you don't have account.

I am opening account in WEMA, UBA, Standard Chartered, Fidelity combined with the 3 banks I use now . . .

I am even opening for my hubby sef, he is looking at me as if I am crazy haha
my missionary journey made me and hubby open accounts en. I practically have an account in almost every bank
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 11:50am On Feb 19, 2016
happytbaby:
@ Emeriem

I am happy your plans are working out, I actually had El paso in mind when I made the estimate of N1.4m in my post quoted below. Thank God you were able to save costs on Tickets. Where is your POE sef? May God go with you.

Please always ask other mamas for cheap deals. If you need to go around, learn the bus routes or go out with other mamas so you can share taxi costs . I hear you can pre-order a free pick up to the mall.

Macy's always have 20 percent off on Saturdays. I prefer them for baby clothes cos you don't have to sift through their stock to nice stuffs. Always go the sales rack first.

I don't know if there is a Carter's shop in el paso but I have also seen crazy sales there.

For your accessories, Like shoes, bibs, sleepsuits etc, I think Burlington is cheaper. For main clothes however, you will have to look through so many to pick out the nice ones and they are not necessarily cheaper than Macy's.

If I remember any other cost-saving mechanism I will let you know.

Love your post.

Also look out for coupons, for food, for clothes, for baby things, anything!

Ain't no shame in the game, most Americans never pay full price for anything. Register online with all the baby stores so you can get alerts for their sales and discounts as well as get coupons and offers.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:52am On Feb 19, 2016
Enizo:
Okay gurus I need help DW has crossed we all know that now her passport is carrying her maiden name.

How do I get my baby to bear my name.

We are using Dr Fagbohun @ oakbend so if u have a solution to the scenario please act accordingly. Many thank to everyone who held our hands to this stage.

Please I will still need to be han held and spoon feed till this is over @firstymum @lg @jayjay4lyf @all
Oh dear.... have you gotten ur answers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Feb 19, 2016
firsttymum:
Oh dear.... have you gotten ur answers

Hey firsty did u travel I have cool
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 1:07pm On Feb 19, 2016
BisiA:
Hello my ppl... is it too early to travel in 25wk.. my edd is in june. just tinking n dis stress of dollar got me tinking

I left at 20 weeks. I was bored to my toes!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bas20: 1:08pm On Feb 19, 2016
ZillyO:

For El Paso peeps....i was able to pay all, both Dr and Hospital through form A. Saves a lot of headache, you now know that what you have is for other expenses. Good thing is that if you don't eventually use them you will get a refund

Hi zilly , how were u able to pay all , wanted to do same but the terms and conditions states you can only pay a maximum of 2,800 for ceasarian and 2,500 for VG . I am a bit confused . !!!!!pls help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jumzzy448: 1:23pm On Feb 19, 2016
Feddy27 and firsttymum, God bless you two. Really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Vlesparza: 1:27pm On Feb 19, 2016
happytbaby:
Print your Nigerian account statement and carry your cards. Use the statement as proof of funds.

You can also carry things like your employment letter (for you and hubby) showing how much you earn. This can help to prove capacity to pay.

F63X:Duquote author=ajujuju post=43060425]Please ooo moms reply abeg.

Who has travelled with just 4k cash amd went for childbirth. Will the POE have a problem with the amount?

Is t ok? Bcz dollar isnt coming down. Pleasee

There have been people who enter with even less but it comes down to luck. If they ask you to prove that you have the money to cover your medical cost and you show your medical estimate and only have $4000 cash, you better hope they are not having a bad day or that they like you because most times it seems they are just looking for an excuse to deny entry and not being able to cover your medical bills is a very good reason. The reason most people don't print their bank account statement is because some people have been turned back with the statement because you cannot prove how much is in the account presently. Someone can print the statement, then empty the account. Do not gamble on details if you have the money its not worth the risk to save a few dollars.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 1:37pm On Feb 19, 2016
justwise:

@bbiz Try to be honest and open with people, when you came here months ago indirectly advertising your accommodation many members called you out but you denied it but judging by what i know now you did charge people who stayed in your house and it wasn't a good experience.

u see? I said it.... Even with evidence and all.... She was still denying it. Na wa o

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 1:39pm On Feb 19, 2016
Enizo:

Hey firsty did u travel I have cool
no jor... After back and forth replying pms...it feels like I came here.

I'm glad u r sorted
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vcole: 1:51pm On Feb 19, 2016
El paso be trending again thanks to exchange rate. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
#teamelpasoalumni kwe zie nu oh!
@emeriem so happy for you. thank God you didn't cancel your ticket. please hurry up and do the form A and pay your bills upfront today oh!
Meanwhile, moneygram hustle no be here oh! i don dey try do for my mom. E no easy! most of the banks na 1 transaction/day now. na wa oh!!!!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 2:04pm On Feb 19, 2016
Allen0000

God bless you and yours.
Ur post put a smile on my face.
Yeepee

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 2:08pm On Feb 19, 2016
firsttymum:
my missionary journey made me and hubby open accounts en. I practically have an account in almost every bank

I no dey go missionary journey but I still dey open account like, I even opened Stanbic acct yesterday. Wetin this dollar dey do pple now eh cry.
@ Emeriem, no going back, keep pushing.
@chloe7, how far ur PTA. I pray you get urs today too

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Egonne1(f): 2:11pm On Feb 19, 2016
I am so happy for you dear. May God crown all our effort with success.

emeriem:
I'm so grateful to all of you who have encouraged me in this. Nefertiriam(u r an angel) , zillyo, happytbaby etc. God bless you all.
I finally got usd4000 from stanbic ibtc today. Went there early morning and left some mins past 6:00pm but it was worth the stress.
Will still see what I can do to get more dollars tomorrow. I will still appreciate further advice. God bless you all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Prebak: 2:33pm On Feb 19, 2016
Hello good people of this forum.... It's really nice been part of this thread, I really appreciate the support of our experienced Mamas and Papas in the house.

In the spirit of giving back. Travelled earlier this month with DH at 35weeks to Dallas even though my final destination was Houston but my DH family lives in Dallas. Landed at the airport around 3:15pm, the queue was long, didn't request for wheelchair cos I was strong and DH encouraged me to stretch my legs after the long flight.

Below is our POE transcript, very brief and straight forward.

CBP: good day, why are you in the US

Me: I'm here to have my baby

DH: vacation and to witness the birth of my baby

CBP: Do you have family members here

DH: yes and friends

CBP: whats the cost of the hospital and doctor's bill

Me: Told her ........

CBP: How much do you have

DH: 2k dolls plus 2k pounds

CBP: why?

DH: we couldn't get enough cash but we have money on our cards to sort out every other thing but the cash is enough to pay hospital and doctor's fee

CBP: to DH, what do you do?

DH: blah blah blah

CBP:But do you have friends that comes to give birth here

DH: pretended not to understand her question, and he responded yes I have friends here

That's how she stamped us in for 6 months, no documents was asked.

Now in Houston, chilling for my LO to come.
Thanks to everyone for their contributions on this thread God bless you all greatly.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bisoye82: 2:44pm On Feb 19, 2016
nefertitiram:

I left at 20 weeks. I was bored to my toes!
grin grin grin my last missionary journey I travelled at 28wks,after birthing you can see running to the airport back to naija cheesy grin
If not that airline draw the line at 32 weeks I go still dey naija sef cos the boredom is real mehnkiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 19, 2016
ozycy:

I no dey go missionary journey but I still dey open account like, I even opened Stanbic acct yesterday. Wetin this dollar dey do pple now eh cry.
@ Emeriem, no going back, keep pushing.
@chloe7, how far ur PTA. I pray you get urs today too
i'm still on it o, pta approved no funds to sell they are still expecting funds from cbn
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ajujuju: 3:08pm On Feb 19, 2016
happytbaby:
Print your Nigerian account statement and carry your cards. Use the statement as proof of funds.

You can also carry things like your employment letter (for you and hubby) showing how much you earn. This can help to prove capacity to pay.

F63X:Duquote author=ajujuju post=43060425]Please ooo moms reply abeg.

Who has travelled with just 4k cash amd went for childbirth. Will the POE have a problem with the amount?

Is t ok? Bcz dollar isnt coming down. Pleasee

Thnks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 3:40pm On Feb 19, 2016
chloe7:
i'm still on it o, pta approved no funds to sell they are still expecting funds from cbn

Kpele, just chill see. Hopefully, you will succeed today.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 19, 2016
ozycy:

Kpele, just chill see. Hopefully, you will succeed today.
Thank you so much kiss kiss I hope I make a head way today or next week, I went to StanbicIBTC today one man acted action film for them live and direct I just dey laff, the man's travel date is today they didn't sell to him and they sold to a woman who wasn't travelling today in his presence, really how those people work i'm yet to understand.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 4:29pm On Feb 19, 2016
Please this advice is not for anyone going through Houston ooooo. This is a proper disclaimer

ajujuju:

Thnks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jumzzy448: 4:29pm On Feb 19, 2016
[quote author=firsttymum post=43062020] Oh dear.... have you gotten ur answers [/quote
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Veka: 4:34pm On Feb 19, 2016
hello house. this is my first time posting here i think. i want to thank everybody for their contributions on this thread. had my interview on the 9th and was offered the visa. i was very surprised because my interview was all of 3 minutes but i told them the truth. thank you all for advising on the truth policy. Now time for the rest of the hustle, i am due june and would like to go in early may. the only thing i have is correspondence with the doc at oakbend and a 10k budget that should cover my transport too.. Please how do i proceed? would the money be enough i will be staying with family in houston but i want to be ready just "incase of any incasity". please help. thank you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ify4charm: 4:34pm On Feb 19, 2016
Moyinoluwa83:

I used Northpointe Obgyn. I used the Northside campus in Alpharetta. Fee for VD is 2500 and CS is 3000. You can check Shawbabes post and other Atlanta
mommas post in 1st or 2nd thread for more details

Hi motion, the fee of 2500 does it include prenatals and lab. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ajujuju: 4:54pm On Feb 19, 2016
happytbaby:

Please this advice is not for anyone going through Houston ooooo. This is a proper disclaimer

Abeg when and why is houston seeming sooo bad. Iv bot my ticket alrdy ooo.

God is on his throne. Bcz i no go buy black market. Altho on a bright side.... i hear dollar is falling. 340 as at 1hr ago.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 5:02pm On Feb 19, 2016
ajujuju:

Abeg when and why is houston seeming sooo bad. Iv bot my ticket alrdy ooo.

God is on his throne. Bcz i no go buy black market. Altho on a bright side.... i hear dollar is falling. 340 as at 1hr ago.

It is indeed falling. God is God indeed.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Veka: 5:03pm On Feb 19, 2016
please who is due June and Houston bound let us all collaborate abeg. because i really do not know how im going to do myself. this is my first baby and i am very nervous about everything.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 5:40pm On Feb 19, 2016
Due in June and leaving in May, intend using Dr E of Oakbend but dis dollar palava wan make me port. If I'm able to pay hospital via Form A, I will so glad. Still pulling all strings dou.

Veka:
please who is due June and Houston bound let us all collaborate abeg. because i really do not know how im going to do myself. this is my first baby and i am very nervous about everything.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by feddy27: 5:50pm On Feb 19, 2016
Veka:

Take a deep breathe and relax! You will be fine
1. Congrats on your visa
2. Share your transcript so odas can learn
3. Get a notebook and check my post and oda oakbend mamas; ozycy, firsttymum
4. Make notes of important numbers eg passport office, naija visa, paediatrician, etc
5. Don't hesitate to ask questions if you have any

Good luck!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bouqounmie(f): 7:15pm On Feb 19, 2016
BCCH:

Hello. Please have you been able to get the details of the hospital from him?

Hi Justwise. I believe allen0000 should be allowed to send required info to us via email. That wouldn't amount to any advertisement on this forum. The essence of it all is for us to be able to help each other. If he has info on how we can get things cheaper, he should be able to share.

Please confirm he can go ahead and share via email. He doesn't seem to want to do this without your consent.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by gusfy823: 7:17pm On Feb 19, 2016
Hi everyone, please who's due in may and going to houston, I'm using whmc and my Dr is Ameer touadrous, we can plan together. I had my last baby at NY and the bill was huge, this time around I want to try Texas as the bills are friendly. Also what's the POE in Houston like, are they hostile when you are in the states for delivery. ...pls mothers share your experience
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bigfido: 8:00pm On Feb 19, 2016
Gtbank charged me 320/$ today. I am furious!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.