Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (852975 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by customised87: 8:00pm On Feb 19, 2016
gusfy823:
Hi everyone, please who's due in may and going to houston, I'm using whmc and my Dr is Ameer touadrous, we can plan together. I had my last baby at NY and the bill was huge, this time around I want to try Texas as the bills are friendly. Also what's the POE in Houston like, are they hostile when you are in the states for delivery. ...pls mothers share your experience

Hello,so many people have shared their Houton Poe already, you can use the search button to fetch them and yes, Houston Poe is HOSTILE!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ZillyO: 8:05pm On Feb 19, 2016
Bas20:

Hi zilly , how were u able to pay all , wanted to do same but the terms and conditions states you can only pay a maximum of 2,800 for ceasarian and 2,500 for VG . I am a bit confused . !!!!!pls help

Hi dear, That policy is usually on Melissas mail but I replied Rodolfo and asked for a full invoice.
Or pay the $2,500 once the confirm receipt ask for the invoice for Hospital, it's the same Wells Fargo account.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ucystan(f): 8:25pm On Feb 19, 2016
Pls where are d Chicago mummies due in july! Pls holla lets connect grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Moyinoluwa83: 8:28pm On Feb 19, 2016
ify4charm:

Hi motion, the fee of 2500 does it include prenatals and lab. Thanks

Yes. All inclusive.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Jiji11: 8:41pm On Feb 19, 2016
ucystan:
Pls where are d Chicago mummies due in july! Pls holla lets connect grin

See porting- you don leave L.A smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Sanchase: 8:54pm On Feb 19, 2016
smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ucystan(f): 9:08pm On Feb 19, 2016
Jiji11:

See porting- you don leave L.A smiley

Lol.... LA seem not to be working out i come see better deal for chitown plus free accommodation... chaii nne no time o... lol..

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 9:17pm On Feb 19, 2016
Cmeo:
This is indeed Sad!
Expectant mom, please don't joke with your fit-to-fly. Although no one knows the cause of the below, however, my condolence goes to the family and I pray for fortitude for the family to bear the loss.

Pregnant woman dies mid-air aboard Arik Air

A 39-year​-​old pregnant woman was on Friday confirmed dead on board an Arik Air flight from Port Harcourt to Lagos.
The deceased, identified as Ijeoma Nwokedi, was confirmed dead on arrival by the medical personnel at the Murtala Muhammed Airport Domestic Terminal One, Lagos.

A reliable source told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), that Mrs. Nwokedi was travelling with her husband and a cousin.
The source said the deceased had developed complications mid-air and was attended to by some medical personnel on board the flight.
Arik Air, in a statement by its spokesperson, Ola Adebanji, confirmed the incident.

“A female passenger on board Arik Air’s Port Harcourt-Lagos flight was confirmed dead by medical personnel on arrival this morning at the Murtala Muhammed Airport Domestic Terminal One, Lagos.

“The lady boarded the flight from Port Harcourt in company of her husband and cousin. The cause of death is yet to be ascertained,” the statement said. NAN recalls that another unidentified female passenger died on Thursday in one of the toilets of the Murtala Mohammed International Airport.

Source: www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/198708-pregnant-woman-dies-mid-air-aboard-arik-air.html

This is the least expected place to post this awful news. What's the motive? Scare these sensitive preggies shitless?

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ucystan(f): 9:19pm On Feb 19, 2016
nefertitiram:

This is the least expected place to post this awful news. What's the motive? Scare these sensitive preggies shitless?

Same thought!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 9:19pm On Feb 19, 2016
ucystan:

Lol.... LA seem not to be working out i come see better deal for chitown plus free accommodation... chaii nne no time o... lol..

Nothing says free like FREE!!! grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Veka: 9:20pm On Feb 19, 2016
thanks. posting transcript.
feddy27:

Take a deep breathe and relax! You will be fine
1. Congrats on your visa
2. Share your transcript so odas can learn
3. Get a notebook and check my post and oda oakbend mamas; ozycy, firsttymum
4. Make notes of important numbers eg passport office, naija visa, paediatrician, etc
5. Don't hesitate to ask questions if you have any

Good luck!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ucystan(f): 9:31pm On Feb 19, 2016
nefertitiram:

Nothing says free like FREE!!! grin

grin yes oo who go see where dem dey give chifetance title begin go where dem dey cast out demons.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 9:38pm On Feb 19, 2016
Bisoye82 nefertitiram really I think this wasn't the best place for him to have posted it because he'll definitely scare the preggys I was equally sad for the lady's family and scared when I read it even though i'm not preggy, let's also see one of the message he is trying to pass across like taking necessary precautions not to fly at some really far stage of the pregnancy, I don't think he meant to scare anyone in my opinion

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 9:55pm On Feb 19, 2016
nefertitiram:

Babe, he meant no harm,& it is useful info ... hormones is why people here are over emotional, but air travel while pregnant has it's own risks..

Cmeo , don't pull it down, may help someone.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 19, 2016
modath:

Babe, he meant no harm,& it is useful info ... hormones is why people here are over emotional, but air travel while pregnant has it's own risks..

Cmeo , don't pull it down, may help someone.
exactly

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Veka: 10:17pm On Feb 19, 2016
interview was on the 9th in lagos. after following this thread for a while, felt i was ready but i prepared my mind for anything. this my first time applying for a visa and all.

i picked the 10'o clock got there late cos i forgot my passport by the time i got back to the embassy i was panicking, nobody prepared me for that one. LOL. i didnt get to be interviewed till about 1, panic feeling was so heightened cos the line i was on the man rejected the two applications right before mine.
Him: your passport please
me: hands it over
Him: why are you going to the US?
me: childbirth
Him:where in the US are you going to?
Me: Dallas.... i mean Houston.
Him: have you talked to any doctor?
me: yes, hands him that general oakbend letter they send when you make inquiries
Him: what do you do?
me: bla bla
Him: are you married?
Me: yes
Him: what does your husband do?
Me: bla bla
Him: why the US (again)
me: i want the best
Him: have you traveled out of Nigeria before?
Me: yes, Ghana and republic of Benin before he could ask.

Him: you applied from Port Harcourt, your visa would be ready in 3 days and would be sent to this address, *circles address on the paper*
Me: is that all?
i was very confused because i expected more questions, nothing about my finances, nothing about who i intend to stay with, didnt ask for evidence of anything, didnt ask how much i have budgeted. nothing.. i quickly collected my paper and RAN out of the hall before the man would change his mind. Na so o

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ucystan(f): 10:23pm On Feb 19, 2016
Veka:
interview was on the 9th in lagos. after following this thread for a while, felt i was ready but i prepared my mind for anything. this my first time applying for a visa and all.

i picked the 10'o clock got there late cos i forgot my passport by the time i got back to the embassy i was panicking, nobody prepared me for that one. LOL. i didnt get to be interviewed till about 1, panic feeling was so heightened cos the line i was on the man rejected the two applications right before mine.
Him: your passport please

Wow! Congrats, u re so lucky.
me: hands it over
Him: why are you going to the US?
me: childbirth
Him:where in the US are you going to?
Me: Dallas.... i mean Houston.
Him: have you talked to any doctor?
me: yes, hands him that general oakbend letter they send when you make inquiries
Him: what do you do?
me: bla bla
Him: are you married?
Me: yes
Him: what does your husband do?
Me: bla bla
Him: why the US (again)
me: i want the best
Him: have you traveled out of Nigeria before?
Me: yes, Ghana and republic of Benin before he could ask.

Him: you applied from Port Harcourt, your visa would be ready in 3 days and would be sent to this address, *circles address on the paper*
Me: is that all?
i was very confused because i expected more questions, nothing about my finances, nothing about who i intend to stay with, didnt ask for evidence of anything, didnt ask how much i have budgeted. nothing.. i quickly collected my paper and RAN out of the hall before the man would change his mind. Na so o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Veka: 10:27pm On Feb 19, 2016
please where are you porting to? i'll consider any option as long as it will fit into my budget. the only reason Houston is an option is because i have where to stay, whatever you find please help a sister with info. thanks.
biollar1:
Due in June and leaving in May, intend using Dr E of Oakbend but dis dollar palava wan make me port. If I'm able to pay hospital via Form A, I will so glad. Still pulling all strings dou.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bisoye82: 10:29pm On Feb 19, 2016
@ Modath Help someone How
He has never posted here before and suddenly he dropped that insensitive post among hordes of preggies and he deleted the first post and posted it again to now emphasise on fit to fly.like I said He is an freaking slowpoke undecided
Can't imagine seeing a group of preggies talking and minding their business and I don't know them from Adam and I decide to be a stupid CNN correspondent and share that info.don't think that wI'll be helpful in any form. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Veka: 10:40pm On Feb 19, 2016
thank you, i really do not understand the kind of favor that went me that day. i'm very grateful.[quote author=ucystan post=43078707][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Zumabeezle: 10:42pm On Feb 19, 2016
Veka:
please who is due June and Houston bound let us all collaborate abeg. because i really do not know how im going to do myself. this is my first baby and i am very nervous about everything.

Hi veka. I have the same story as you. Also my first child. I'm due in may. I also have a tight budget of 9k. Luckily I'll be staying with my brother. I'm hoping to leave naija in April. May God help us with this dollar issue o. Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Goldribbonz: 10:47pm On Feb 19, 2016
Pls who knows of any hospital in Houston that will give me a chance at VBAC and also has maternity package.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Veka: 10:55pm On Feb 19, 2016
amen..
Zumabeezle:

Hi veka. I have the same story as you. Also my first child. I'm due in may. I also have a tight budget of 9k. Luckily I'll be staying with my brother. I'm hoping to leave naija in April. May God help is with this dollar issue o. Amen.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MrsDan: 10:59pm On Feb 19, 2016
ify4charm:

Hi motion, the fee of 2500 does it include prenatals and lab. Thanks

Hi ifycharm. Will you like to ask your question here? Apologies I barely check that email.
Hope you are keeping well?
MrsDan

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by suntai(f): 11:04pm On Feb 19, 2016
Hi Mamas in the house. I just want to pray for you ALL, what the Lord has started with you He will surely complete in Jesus name. Do not be afraid, It will be well... I am officially retired from the missionary journey as my first daughter turns 18 in a few days and the other 3 going strong.... seriously Mums trust in the Lord with all your hearts, you will go and return safely with your bundle of joy by the special grace of God.

Stay blessed.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Zumabeezle: 11:06pm On Feb 19, 2016
suntai:
Hi Mamas in the house. I just want to pray for you ALL, what the Lord has started with you He will surely complete in Jesus name. Do not be afraid, It will be well... I am officially retired from the missionary journey as my first daughter turns 18 in a few days and the other 3 going strong.... seriously Mums trust in the Lord with all your hearts, you will go and return safely with your bundle of joy by the special grace of God.

Stay blessed.

Amen. Thanks so much. This made me feel so much better.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Jiji11: 11:43pm On Feb 19, 2016
ucystan:

Lol- this free accommodation things ehn! I just they "re-begin" my Atlanta runs now as I get free accommodation there too.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 11:46pm On Feb 19, 2016
nefertitiram:

I left at 20 weeks. I was bored to my toes!

Lolll 20 weeks?? Na u go open gate Shebi I took ur advice and I'm still here n neva born choi.. But it is ok shaa cos d exchange rate for affect my waka.

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.