Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,501 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (851515 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by FinanceFitness: 9:34am On Nov 01, 2015
Ha! Don't accept bank account details from anyone o.... If it is not on the hospital invoice/ email and from their official email address don't o....

This is also applicable to all invoices you want to settle by account transfer - locally or internationally

friend:
My great pple, I tire for West Houston. They have created my account with them. I have been trying to reach them to get the hospital account details to pay but no response for days now.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 9:39am On Nov 01, 2015
friend:
My great pple, I tire for West Houston. They have created my account with them. I have been trying to reach them to get the hospital account details to pay but no response for days now.

Lol....you never jam
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bizzle6: 10:24am On Nov 01, 2015
Thanks so much for replying

favoredgal:

Dr Ezekiel of oakbend

Congrats ozycy, thanks for sharing
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bizzle6: 10:27am On Nov 01, 2015
Congratulations dearie

ozycy:
I ve had my baby and am back to my dear country Nigeria.
I used Oakbend MC,
Hosp fee, $2300
Dr E, $1900 (for every every plus including scan and papsmr , all test accepted
NIC $335.57
Brown an associate. $67.50
Total = $4603.07
Nothing new, just to add that my baby's birth certificate was ready even before I was discharged from the hospital. It doesn't necessarily take 2days plus. You can just check in the fort bend County website to know if it's ready and pick it up b4 heading home , for those that don't have enough time or you stay far from the county office. All documentation can be done in less than 2weeks, even SSN came in abt 8days time.
I learnt so much from this thread and was able to save a whole lot unlike my last missionary journey. starting from hospital to accomodation to transportation etc. Let's keep this thread moving, as for me shaa, I don hang boot o.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LI(m): 10:27am On Nov 01, 2015
Hello All, So I joined my DW in Houston to support her on this incredible journey. We are now counting down to D day.

I can't believe this thing that started like play for us has become this real. Y'all are a wonderful lot

PS: For mamas trying so save some money, you can download the OfferUp App, this will open you to the possibilities of getting open box items at more affordable prices. Heck, you may even get them for free.

Congrats to everyone and wish y'all more happiness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Adebuble(f): 10:46am On Nov 01, 2015
firsttymum:
except because of my hormones... Biko Houston is hoooooooooooooot... Which kind cool... Despite d rain o....

Ur opinion, ....... and u said it all, ur hormones....
To me its cool for now, for u it may b hooooooooooooot, madam no be fight, was just a question answered.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anonymousmum: 10:47am On Nov 01, 2015
friend:

Are you serious though? I bin dan send you account number sharp sharp but I'm at church and it's a holy day...

Can't you pay cash at the hospital?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 10:58am On Nov 01, 2015
anonymousmum:

Are you serious though? I bin dan send you account number sharp sharp but I'm at church and it's a holy day...

Can't you pay cash at the hospital?

Mayb she wants to use Form A
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by friend(f): 11:06am On Nov 01, 2015
Thanks,
I don't have the cash. I want to transfer from hubby's account he opened when he went for visit.
And because of the POE wahala, I dnt want to start explaining the fund is in my husb account in US.

I will wait till tomorrow again may be they will respond. I hope I have been exchanging mails with the right people sha..... Quinchella.Jackson@Parallon.com and Clara.san7@gmail.com.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vikto1: 11:51am On Nov 01, 2015
Good afternoon all
Please can someone assist me on the requirement for passport for new baby both USA and naija(she's presently in maryland)
Also do I need to send a writing letter signed by me to my wife as the father of the child.
Please kindly assist
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by FinanceFitness: 12:10pm On Nov 01, 2015
Birth certificate
Passport photograph of baby
Her international passport
Consent form signed by you and notorised by embassy or any notary public - please call them to confirm which is acceptable at Maryland

vikto1:
Good afternoon all
Please can someone assist me on the requirement for passport for new baby both USA and naija(she's presently in maryland)
Also do I need to send a writing letter signed by me to my wife as the father of the child.
Please kindly assist
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vikto1: 12:41pm On Nov 01, 2015
[quote author=FinanceFitness post=39574626]Birth certificate
Passport photograph of baby
Her international passport
Consent form signed by you and notorised by embassy or any notary public - please call them to confirm which is acceptable at Maryland

@financefitness thanks for quick response
Please which people am I going to call to confirm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MummyEsther: 12:51pm On Nov 01, 2015
@mamacajah: Please if you happen to read this. I sent you a PM. Kindly reply. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by yuddiepro: 2:07pm On Nov 01, 2015
@ Ozycy: Thank God for a successful and hitch free missionary journey. I tap into this IJN. Pls what accommodation did u use and how far is it from oakbend. Thinking of porting from California to Houston as the costs from that end ain't smiling at all. Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Omotweezy: 2:15pm On Nov 01, 2015
ozycy:
I ve had my baby and am back to my dear country Nigeria.
I used Oakbend MC,
Hosp fee, $2300
Dr E, $1900 (for every every plus including scan and papsmr , all test accepted
NIC $335.57
Brown an associate. $67.50
Total = $4603.07
Nothing new, just to add that my baby's birth certificate was ready even before I was discharged from the hospital.
Hi dear , please which agent helped with your baby's nig visa and how much please. Uncle Tanko has been incommunicado .
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 2:46pm On Nov 01, 2015
Omotweezy:

Hi dear , please which agent helped with your baby's nig visa and how much please. Uncle Tanko has been incommunicado .
Thanks
I used Tanko, $300 minus shipping cost. it's very difficult to reach him, If you are able to reach him atleast once, just go ahead and send your docs to him and he will do it and send back. You can also try and call him maybe at night. I think he doesn't pick calls during work hours lipsrsealed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 2:47pm On Nov 01, 2015
Omotweezy:

Thanks
Tanko doesn't pick his calls. Text him and he'll reply or call back. He got mine same day and sent it cos I bought the overnight return envelope for him. He is efficient
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 2:48pm On Nov 01, 2015
ozycy:

I used Tanko, it's very difficult to reach him, If you are able to reach him atleast once, just go ahead and send your docs to him and he will do it and send back. You can also try and call him maybe at night. I think he doesn't pick calls during work hours lipsrsealed
Congrats ozycy, your process was straight forward and fast. I replied you on the baby thread

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 2:49pm On Nov 01, 2015
yuddiepro:
@ Ozycy: Thank God for a successful and hitch free missionary journey. I tap into this IJN. Pls what accommodation did u use and how far is it from oakbend. Thinking of porting from California to Houston as the costs from that end ain't smiling at all. Thanks in advance
I used Soulcr. It's a bit far from oakbend, but you just go to oakbend once dats during delivery datsall.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 2:50pm On Nov 01, 2015
bizzle6:

Congratulations dearie

Thanks dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 2:53pm On Nov 01, 2015
neks31:

Hello dear Tnx God for everything! Pls do u mind sharing info abt d place u stayed?? And hope it isn't too pricey (loll)
I just mentioned the accommodation I used, you should be able to see the one that suit your pocket as they Hv different package.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 3:02pm On Nov 01, 2015
shrekandfiona:

Congrats ozycy, your process was straight forward and fast. I replied you on the baby thread
Thanks, seen.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 3:05pm On Nov 01, 2015
ozycy:

I just mentioned the accommodation I used, you should be able to see the one that suit your pocket as they Hv different package.

No qualms am in communication with them already... The lady sent me the form too n asked me to pay for security fee before I arrive!! Did u pay trans to hospital cos from what I read they drop u off for ante natal visits !!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 3:08pm On Nov 01, 2015
@firstymum do u knw if your/our hospital allow kids to come along for docs appointment?? Reached out to Soulc to help me find a good day care n d price a week no be here o!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mamacajah: 3:15pm On Nov 01, 2015
MummyEsther:
@mamacajah: Please if you happen to read this. I sent you a PM. Kindly reply. Thanks
@mummyesther, I have replied your PM.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 3:23pm On Nov 01, 2015
neks31:

No qualms am in communication with them already... The lady sent me the form too n asked me to pay for security fee before I arrive!! Did u pay trans to hospital cos from what I read they drop u off for ante natal visits !!
U mean transportation to hospital during labour? If so, you go to hospital on your own during delivery, Uber should be less than $25 I think. In my case, I went for doctors visit and was refereed to the hospital from der, so she just took me to hosp since it was close.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 3:28pm On Nov 01, 2015
neks31:
@firstymum do u knw if your/our hospital allow kids to come along for docs appointment?? Reached out to Soulc to help me find a good day care n d price a week no be here o!!
Daycare is expensive. Over $100 a week. U should call your docs office to know if they allow that. But they should. lipsrsealed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 3:38pm On Nov 01, 2015
neks31:

Tnx dear!! Chaii I hate cold n wearing bulky jackets too. Not to talk of wearing boots on dz my Preggy legs!! It is well
it's not cold jor.... I'm seriously complaining.... Mayb it's my hormones
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by uptown17: 3:39pm On Nov 01, 2015
@firsttymum hope you are doing just great ooooo
i remembered reading u carried palm oil, biko was it frozen state or its liquid state you carry am?

@All, for those who travelled with toddler, please did you have to carry car seat along or how u do am for inside cab
please advise me biko
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 3:40pm On Nov 01, 2015
neks31:
they do... I've seen women come with their kids. I know dey don't allow changing of diapers there Dassall... You'll use the toilet on d hallway before her office for diaper change
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 3:45pm On Nov 01, 2015
uptown17:
@firsttymum hope you are doing just great ooooo
i remembered reading u carried palm oil, biko was it frozen state or its liquid state you carry am?
normal state. I poured it inside that 50cl lucozade bottle cos it's d same color. So start drinking lucozade abi give ur hubby to drink... Lol

@All, for those who travelled with toddler, please did you have to carry car seat along or how u do am for inside cab
please advise me biko
u can carry ur car seat... If u don't carry u will still buy here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 3:49pm On Nov 01, 2015
Adebuble:

Ur opinion, ....... and u said it all, ur hormones....
To me its cool for now, for u it may b hooooooooooooot, madam no be fight, was just a question answered.
fight? Mayb u shld read my comment again

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.