Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,007 members, 7,825,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (854539 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 7:21pm On Nov 03, 2015
Mumof2boys:

cheesy na we full ground gidigba!

Kontinu

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 7:28pm On Nov 03, 2015
firsttymum:
When I hear bullying I'm like seriously? Bullying on a thread like this?

Babe that one dey!! It is happening here live n direct mbok!!! I've been a victim n so many others too! Just that some people will just swallow chill pill but some of us stubborn people will not!! It is happening here

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 7:30pm On Nov 03, 2015
firsttymum:

The thing tire me too, I never seem to get cyber bullying, when one can log out & go for a walk. grin

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vamum: 7:44pm On Nov 03, 2015
firsttymum:
we r "assistant justwise" or "personal assistant to justwise"

So there is no stopping. its a free forum... U wanna b laid back or b a chatter box. It's ur call
If everyone is using agent and pm what information will b left to share... Or don't u gerrit.? How can u b on this thread and b charged for information u can get for free?

And this thread isn't loosing any value. There were argument and misunderstanding in part one. There was also fishing out of agents too. And it won't stop.

#Inmycalmestvoiceever# this post was not meant to stir up more arguments or controversy. I DO get it and if you had read my post carefully you would also have seen that i get it that agents should be fished out and deleted.
Again my suggestion was "If you suspect anyone, send a private message with details and evidence to @Justwise, he will do the interrogation and other necessary research which he has been doing wonderfully well without 10 pages of drama" isn't it better when he silently (without drama and 10 pages of controversy bans someone off of the thread than everyone going back and forth and insulting ourselves on a nameless, faceless forum.

Just saying!!!! God Bless smiley #stillcalm #noargument

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Enyinne(f): 7:51pm On Nov 03, 2015
Pls does anyone knows how to.handle this situation. Am 6days post partum and am feeling empty, lost my appetite and now am having fever.. what can I do now as I don't hv a malaria tablet and I can't buy from pharmacy. Pls any solution to this. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 8:02pm On Nov 03, 2015
Wow!
Ebaeno supermarket

And Makoko village

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 8:05pm On Nov 03, 2015
betty1983:

Ozycy, thanks for your detailed info and sorry to bother. I'm planning for futuristic 2nd journey. Please was epidural factored into that total package or is it a separate bill? Also, which clinic did you attend your ante natal appointments and class, is it different from Oakbend? Thanks
I didn't state epidural cos I didn't use epidural. Epidural is a different bill on its own. I attended antenatal clinic in my doctors office at old oakbend dat is the oakbend on Jackson Street not the William way campus oakbend where I had my baby.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 8:10pm On Nov 03, 2015
firsttymum:

Personally I agree that there is a bit of bullying going on and also waste of pages on stuff that are irrelevant to the thread

Once a point has been made, I suggest we keep it moving. It's up to the undiscerning to fall prey instead of flogging and over flogging any issue

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by lollyberry: 8:24pm On Nov 03, 2015
@ozycy
Please what is the distance from soulcare arium park to Dr E antenatal Clinic

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 8:26pm On Nov 03, 2015
Enyinne:
Pls does anyone knows how to.handle this situation. Am 6days post partum and am feeling empty, lost my appetite and now am having fever.. what can I do now as I don't hv a malaria tablet and I can't buy from pharmacy. Pls any solution to this. Thanks

Why would you need Malaria tabs? Are they mosquitos in TX?
Did you have the baby normally or CS? There are a number of things that could be going on. First take the ibuprofen from your aftercare pack. Check your bp if you can but if you have a fever please call your doctor.
I know you're trying to curb unecessary spendING but your life is very important.

Ehugs

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 8:43pm On Nov 03, 2015
Enyinne:

hope its not post partum depression?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by silverchi: 8:47pm On Nov 03, 2015
Gooday all,

Thanks for all the info I'm seeing here...I don read Thead 1,2,3...jeez

Stumbled on this thread two weeks back & I will like to share my Interview experience of 3 months ago b4 asking my questions wink

I & DH Just got married & got Passport 3 months ago

As we got 2 d embassy, the male VO were just denying ple sha

The ladies were just issuing evry evry

Na so d turn reach 4 lady VO stand cheesy

VO: What are you going for
DH: Vacation
VO: How long
DH: 10days
VO: Where
DH: Houston
VO: Why Houston
DH: Learnt that the weather is very okay 4 me right nw & Inlaw is there to take us round the city
VO: Where do You Work
DH:....blah
VO: What is that?
DH: Explains Company.....
VO:What do you
DH...blah
VO:How Long...blah...
DH:Over 9 yrs
VO:talking to me...What do you do in your organisation
Me: blah
VO: HOw Long have u worked
ME: Over 8yrs
VO: Which other country have you been to
DH: Ghana
VO:How much do you earn:
DH: blah
ME: blah

After typing for 2 mins: She collected my passport & said Pick up your Visa in 3days time

Me: Pls you are still with my passport (johnny just come me grin)
VO: Yes I need it 4 ur Visas

(No doc check atall)
Na so we carry our wedding album, bank statement, all my orisirisi doc...dey happy go my house

I just dey feel bad say After I don read all this gurus post, I would have just said I will also want 2 give birth cos I was 7 weeks gone

Pls house? help a sister

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 8:49pm On Nov 03, 2015
@betty1983 epidural is $850 for VD at oakbend

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 8:51pm On Nov 03, 2015
lollyberry:
@ozycy
Please what is the distance from soulcare arium park to Dr E antenatal Clinic

Thanks
The distance is far o but I made it lol. Contact SoulCr if you want to use Dr E cos I was d first person she took der and d distance no be here o. You can use Google to check d distance

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by omogedudu99: 8:59pm On Nov 03, 2015
Enyinne:

Hi dear,

Its not likely to be malaria......... but a lot of women feel feverish post partum.

I remember I also felt feverish during the first week post partum. I called the doctor and she told me to take a thermometer reading of my temperature. She said I shouldnt worry too much if its not more than 100degrees but I should take the Tylenol they prescribed at my discharge.

It may also be that your milk has not come in....but i think you should call your doctor and discuss your symptoms just to be sure its not an infection, especially if you had a CS.

Hope you feel better soon. Blessings.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by fehinebony(f): 9:00pm On Nov 03, 2015
Enyinne:

Sorry dear, I had feverish feeling too some days(a week) after I had my baby, I took Tylenol advance, forced myself to eat and sleep, I felt better 2 days after, I dint even tell my host, cos I know I would have landed in emergency, you can try it too, if u don't feel better, then u need to see a doctor

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 9:00pm On Nov 03, 2015
silverchi:

I just dey feel bad say After I don read all this gurus post, I would have just said I will also want 2 give birth cos I was 7 weeks gone

Pls house? help a sister

7 weeks pregnancy can be explained away but you should have been upfront..... nothing spoil...

Plan your medicals & write them a change of intent since you are not planning to use it for mere visit before using it for delivery.

Or you plan to visit & return before final childbirth porting ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 9:15pm On Nov 03, 2015
silverchi:
Gooday all,
Me: Pls you are still with my passport (johnny just come me grin)
VO: Yes I need it 4 ur Visas (No doc check atall)
Na so we carry our wedding album, bank statement, all my orisirisi doc...dey happy go my house
grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by hellomosquito(f): 9:18pm On Nov 03, 2015
I have done rigorous work today as I have called up to 5 hospital and equivalent obgyn.of the state I will love to use but
1) the first said I have to pay 150$ before he can setup an appointment and give me the Dr correspondence (I don't have a visa yet, what if the unexpected happens,shey them go refund nii)

2) another said I have to come in person
3) another said I have to be 2months or so to delivery b4 they can setup an appointment, which my interview will not wait for

Or should I just tell the third Dr that I'm 2 months to go so he can send what I need for my interview in due time.

Please I need help on how to proceed. Atlanta..is the state ooo..help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by kamotisha: 9:29pm On Nov 03, 2015
JDQueen:
Good day great mama's N papa's. My princess arrived on the 28th of October via unplanned Cs due to accelerated BP of over 160/90. Was in labor for about 3days and didn't go pass 5cm despite been induced and water broke on the 27th still didn't go pass 5cm. Cs was finally carried out and baby came at exactly 2.56am on the 28th. Mother and Baby doing great in Elpaso. Going to maryland next week after picking up Baby's Birth certificate.

Congrats dear. Thank God for everything

Wish all pushing mama's and carrying father's safe delivery.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Enyinne(f): 10:04pm On Nov 03, 2015
I hv taking the motrin I bought from walmart as suggested by my Aunty. I did a c-section last week Wednesday. I hv also checked my bp and it's normal. Does anyone experience this ill feeling while breastfeeding. ur tone is harsh, pls calm down as I ask a question that matters to me meanwhile ,one can't basically pick malaria from TX but it can be in the system thru pregnancy unnoticed .
bbaby84:

Why would you need Malaria tabs? Are they mosquitos in TX?
Did you have the baby normally or CS? There are a number of things that could be going on. First take the ibuprofen from your aftercare pack. Check your bp if you can but if you have a fever please call your doctor.
I know you're trying to curb unecessary spendING but your life is very important.

Ehugs
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:13pm On Nov 03, 2015
ozycy:

Pls explain. Cos even when you reply through nairaland, it will still display your name and email.

It does not because you can't read the message from your nairaland it has to be from your inbox
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 03, 2015
hellomosquito:
I have done rigorous work today as I have called up to 5 hospital and equivalent obgyn.of the state I will love to use but
1) the first said I have to pay 150$ before he can setup an appointment and give me the Dr correspondence (I don't have a visa yet, what if the unexpected happens,shey them go refund nii)

3) another said I have to be 2months or so to delivery b4 they can setup an appointment, which my interview will not wait for

Or should I just tell the third Dr that I'm 2 months to go so he can send what I need for my interview in due time.

have u tried dr oduro? He is assigned to gwinnett, i'm sure they will send u a mail if u call them. Google his name and you will get his office phone no.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anonymousmum: 10:20pm On Nov 03, 2015
Enyinne:
I hv taking the motrin I bought from walmart as suggested by my Aunty. I did a c-section last week Wednesday. I hv also checked my bp and it's normal. Does anyone experience this ill feeling while breastfeeding. ur tone is harsh, pls calm down as I ask a question that matters to me meanwhile ,one can't basically pick malaria from TX but it can be in the system thru pregnancy unnoticed .

Eyinne sorry about that. I don't thing bbaby84 meant any harm, after all she ended the post with e-hugs.

forget malaria, not every fever is malaria, and if u had it in your system it would have manifested a while ago.

Please call your doctor. Don't know what your package covers but you are still within the post partum period.

It may be that your milk has not come through. I was miserable for the first week after having baby anon because i struggled badly with bfeeding, engorgement, hormones everywhere, cried at every little thing.

Please call your doctor asap. Even if he asks you to come to his/her clinic it should not cost as much as going to the hospital and racking up more bills.

Pele.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Adiahabasi: 10:25pm On Nov 03, 2015
hellomosquito:

Keep trying dear, or better still get a Houston" correspondence to use for visa application...then you port to your intended location. But u still hv to keep searching to get a good deal...so keep calling diff hospitals and dr's offices who knows u may hit jackpot ....another MIHS..hehehe if u do pm me o...since sharing openly is not allowed...All the best wt ur search dear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Enyinne(f): 10:50pm On Nov 03, 2015
anonymousmum ,Fortunately awhile ago, my discharge nurse called to check how am doing and I told her my feelings but she said since I hv no hbp and temperature is still within range that I shldnt worry.just what u mama's told me now. My breastmilk is nt coming thru and am afraid it might cease up which made me to order mothers milk and fenugreek from amazon to see how it will help.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by silverchi: 11:17pm On Nov 03, 2015
modath:

7 weeks pregnancy can be explained away but you should have been upfront..... nothing spoil...

Plan your medicals & write them a change of intent since you are not planning to use it for mere visit before using it for delivery.

Or you plan to visit & return before final childbirth porting ?

Tnx alot...I have read here abt this "change of intent letter" but as I don't plan 2 travel b4 using this Visa, how safe is it? Has any1 gotten any negative feedback 4rm d embassy on this letter?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:50pm On Nov 03, 2015
Enyinne:
anonymousmum ,Fortunately awhile ago, my discharge nurse called to check how am doing and I told her my feelings but she said since I hv no hbp and temperature is still within range that I shldnt worry.just what u mama's told me now. My breastmilk is nt coming thru and am afraid it might cease up which made me to order mothers milk and fenugreek from amazon to see how it will help.
Hi
U can ask ur questions here https://www.nairaland.com/889053/pregnancy-pregnant-going-through-high/860
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by toparie: 12:18am On Nov 04, 2015
Babes chiiiiiilllllll, you're making it personal. Be easy hun

neks31:

What is my biz with you and ur host!! Just noticing ur name here for d first time last night coz I have a lot on my plate to deal with!! I don't ask people to pm me n couod careless dear!! I had to post my beautiful babygirl so that u can prolly choke on negativity!! D airport I met was small to me n they were constructing,., anyways I won't argue with u maybe that's your first international trip n u were totally sold (sorry not sorry)) u want to bully d wrong person cos I'm not breastfeeding any baby n I have all d time for u n ur bitterness.. Or maybe God sent me to heal u if whatever hardship u r facing, don't worry d economy will be better ok??
Or I should apologize for prolly seeing my very first small international oyibo airport??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by omogedudu99: 12:49am On Nov 04, 2015
Enyinne:

@Enyinne,

U can use a towel with VERY WARM water to massage the 'you know what'. Or stand for a while under a very warm shower.

These can help a lot to relieve the engorgement and make the milk flow...

Pele
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by zoemummy: 1:32am On Nov 04, 2015
Enyinne:

In addition to the warm water compress, you may also try to use a breast pump to create the suckling effect and trigger the milk let down but be sure to keep checking your temperature so you can rule out any infection related fever. God's strength!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 2:39am On Nov 04, 2015
Enyinne:

Madam Enyinne I asked about mosquitos because I haven't been to TX before and I know some parts of Cali have mosquitos esp in the summer (just don't know if it's enough to cause Malaria) It was a genuine question.

You're a few days post partum so I understand the blues.
Have a warm bath, eat and take your pain killers. You can buy a pump to help with suction.
Take care of yourself.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.