Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,355 members, 7,836,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (856587 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by craymond: 2:12am On Nov 13, 2015
I need a candid advice.My wife and i had a scheduled interview for the last week but due to the 5hours i spent in traffic for a journey less than an hour,we missed our interview and couldnt attend and we had to give up on this missionary journey because the earliest date we could get has even passed her EDD and she wouldnt even be able to fly.I got to read about someone getting an Emergency appointment date within some days.I want to know how to go about that?

Replies would be appreciated
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LI(m): 2:58am On Nov 13, 2015
Wifey and I got our emergency requests approved TWICE. I think you should go for it. But please note you will have to make another application and pay another fee. After you must have selected a date from the available dates, go to Request emergency interview or something like that and see the instructions. Basically, you will need a letter from your doctor in Nigeria and another from the doctor in US and finally you need a proof that you can afford the medical bills.

All the best!

craymond:
I need a candid advice.My wife and i had a scheduled interview for the last week but due to the 5hours i spent in traffic for a journey less than an hour,we missed our interview and couldnt attend and we had to give up on this missionary journey because the earliest date we could get has even passed her EDD and she wouldnt even be able to fly.I got to read about someone getting an Emergency appointment date within some days.I want to know how to go about that?

Replies would be appreciated

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by zoemummy: 3:29am On Nov 13, 2015
bbiz:

True! but you can also go to the bank the day of your arrival at you final destination to open up an account so your money can be kept safe. All you need is your passport and address. I took a mother to open one 2 months ago and she is not getting monthly charges and her money is safe.

Bbiz, which bank please and what account type? Thanks. Been shopping for a bank.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 4:15am On Nov 13, 2015
KayLayChi:

My dear I called our dear friend Subuola and she told me they ain't selling.

K why nah!!! cheesy #busted ..

Me that I like to pretend that I don't have contact with anyone beyond NL.... ; cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 6:27am On Nov 13, 2015
KayLayChi:

Just called my sister now and she confirmed Union is selling but just at their head office. So we will buy from Union. Thanks for the info.

Even Stanbic I hear is selling....
Ecobank
Diamond bank
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 6:39am On Nov 13, 2015
favoredgal:

Even Stanbic I hear is selling....
Ecobank
Diamond bank

Babe, thought it's only the Idejo branch that does?

PSA,

on the business boards, some folks who receive forex do advertise & their rates are usually reasonable... Best of luck..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 6:55am On Nov 13, 2015
modath:

Babe, thought it's only the Idejo branch that do?

PSA,

on the business boards, some folks who receive forex do advertise & their rates are usually reasonable... Best of luck..

Yeah idejo

Are u guys not in Lagos?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 7:12am On Nov 13, 2015
favoredgal:

Yeah idejo

Are u guys not in Lagos?

Nah, i'm @ the "share the money" capital.. smiley

Lagos is a vacation spot....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 7:25am On Nov 13, 2015
modath:

Nah, i'm @ the "share the money" capital.. smiley

Lagos is a vacation spot....

Ah seen

That explains it grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 11:12am On Nov 13, 2015
modath:

K why nah!!! cheesy #busted ..

Me that I like to pretend that I don't have contact with anyone beyond NL.... ; cheesy

See yasef! When they have labelled una clique already! Yinmu... hehehehe
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 11:25am On Nov 13, 2015
nefertitiram:

See yasef! When they have labelled una clique already! Yinmu... hehehehe

Excuse you sad .... Talking to me?

Do i know ya?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 11:33am On Nov 13, 2015
favoredgal:

Ah seen

That explains it grin

Like dem dey even share woman pikin for the money, cheesy

Tiff tiff folks like dat sad

God don light fire on their asses with TSA.. #Godwin tongue
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Adebuble(f): 3:00pm On Nov 13, 2015
Pls let's be safe pple, America is million miles away from home.. God will continue to protect us all. Amen...

neks31:

This is so scary thinking about it! You see how much dollars we r posting here?? Yuno some people in d US haven't seen that money in Cash for a while, n to think they can't be a target for any shady person.. Someone PM'd me to Pls tell her if I have accommodation to share n from the mail the person seemed vulnerable, what if I was a "bad Guy" or an illegal immigrant Looking for victims ( God forbid) Most people r preggy n first time Us visitors n it will be bad if such person enters one chance.. Buildings in America have basements where they can hide u n ur belle without anyone finding u esp if they pick u up from the airport!! The movie is just playing in my head!! Pls lets be CAREFUL Pls .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by yemmyfinest: 4:41pm On Nov 13, 2015
[quote author=neks31 post=39951827]

It seems you watch crime and investigation network. But truth be told anything is possible God forbid bad thing.In the process of trying to cut cost make we no take our hand do ourselves ooooooooo.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Udumeme(f): 6:10pm On Nov 13, 2015
[quote author=izumcdon post=39961181][/quote]

Thanks for the advice. Any chance you can help a sister out with sample of letter of consent
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 6:46pm On Nov 13, 2015
Union bank is selling...PTA people

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cinakin: 7:04pm On Nov 13, 2015
Hello from the other side!!! Thanks to everyone who answered me at each point I got stuck. Please I have few questions to ask:
1) I told the vo when I was interviewed that I will be traveling to Kansas cause I had a host there, but I have now decided to go to Chicago because of the cheaper hospital rates I got and flights to Chicago is cheaper than Kansas. Would changing my destination be a problem at the POE or in the future? Although I have correspondence with a hospital in Chicago not a letter of acceptance, they sent their prices and what it covers that's all...Would that be ok at the POE if asked?

2) who knows of any site I can get cheap flights, I intend traveling this coming Thursday to avoid stories that touches the heart as am far gone.34+1

3) what POE should I avoid I learnt from this thread that Houston, Chicago are terrible... I wanna book delta as their POE is Atlanta, is that ok? How about JFK? Does one need a uk visa to fly BA? Help a JJC and first time traveller still learning... Thank you all so much. Awaiting the prompt responses from everyone who has an idea.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cinakin: 7:06pm On Nov 13, 2015
But you need a current account in their bank,I was there earlier.
firsttymum:
Union bank is selling...PTA people
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cinakin: 7:24pm On Nov 13, 2015
Thanks dear, but I am not yet... But have screenmunched this info for when the time reaches, lol
Beryl15:

I guess you're applying for Nigerian passport.
Pls check link and follow through.
http://www.nigeriaembassyusa.org/index.php?page=passports

@All, the Nigerian embassy in Washinton DC charges $85 for expedited processing aside the $30 processing fee o! You pay at the embassy.
passport is now $106 for 32 page booklet and $137 for 64
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cinakin: 7:30pm On Nov 13, 2015
Please people when is the best time to purchase cheap tickets and what airlines?? I need ticket like yesterday... All the Ones I am seeing are too expensive and doesn't fit my budget cry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 7:46pm On Nov 13, 2015
Shawlar I need to talk to asap. This ur pm that's not working
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by feddy27: 7:47pm On Nov 13, 2015
@cinakin, av you gone for your visa interview and were you successful? If yes, come and share your story as part of the giving back! You have been receiving and receiving, yet u av not shared any info!

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shawlar(m): 7:49pm On Nov 13, 2015
cinakin:
Hello from the other side!!! Thanks to everyone who answered me at each point I got stuck. Please I have few questions to ask:
1) I told the vo when I was interviewed that I will be traveling to Kansas cause I had a host there, but I have now decided to go to Chicago because of the cheaper hospital rates I got and flights to Chicago is cheaper than Kansas. Would changing my destination be a problem at the POE or in the future? Although I have correspondence with a hospital in Chicago not a letter of acceptance, they sent their prices and what it covers that's all...Would that be ok at the POE if asked?

I take it that your visa interview was successful....
You are supposed to share your experience here so others can learn from it....
.... make it as detailed as possible.
congrats...

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cinakin: 9:06pm On Nov 13, 2015
In the spirit of giving back to this wonderful forum, I want share how my interview went in no particular order though

I entered the interview section after waiting for over an hour outside and saw all the rejections, I decided to go pee oh, then I prayed for two minutes. I came out and was directed to where my thumb prints will be taken... Then was directed to join the cue waiting for a VO to interview me, while I was there, I saw sooooooo many rejections, there was a particular white lady on low cut that kept rejecting everybody... I was just praying I wouldn't be sent to her, then I was asked to join window 11, while I was waiting for the VO, he rejected everybody, I was so scared I now decided to run away from him, pretended like I wanted to pee, so that by the time I am done, I'll be re-assigned, but when I came out I was still directed to the same VO( ialmost fainted oh) I just zeroed my mind that whatever happens I'll accept it like that.. Luckily he gave a guy before me, I was so shocked because the guy was just blabbing, didn't have a proper itinerary. Then my turn came* heartbeating* meanwhile baby was kicking seriously and I was uncomfortable, it was written on my stomach and I kept rubbing my stomach.
Was a really long interview, wasn't the usual two minutes. I was shocked.

VO: good morning, hand me your document, and he said "am gonna take your thumb prints now"
Me: I said ok* meanwhile he was reading my form and everything I wrote about how I have strong ties in the "explain why I was rejected section*( been rejected twice)
VO: why are you traveling?
Me: childbirth, vacation and to take my maternity leave.
VO: do you have any contact with the hospital
Me: I said yes, showed him all the five acceptance letters and correspondence I got both from hospital and birthing centers. Meanwhile I brought out all my documents, didn't leave it in the envelope, wanted him to know I came prepared. Lol
VO: can I see your statement, showed him all the statement, about four of them, mine inclusive, then he said he couldn't see the funds in my husband's statement.
Me: I now explained that he transferred the funds to mine, he said ok.
VO: where do you work
Me: I said I work at ****, told him my duties there and that we have properties also and I make extra cash from my side business and I I recently got promoted.
VO: you said you have properties? Where?
Me: I said yes and told him where?
VO: so you have an aunt in Kansas? Is she gonna help?
Me: I said yes, but might hire nanny services
Vo: when are you due?
Me:told him
VO: what does your husband do and where he works
Me: I told him and mentioned all his accomplishments
VO: where is he?
Me: I told him, I didn't know how to answer that in the form, cause he doesn't live there, he is in Boston, that he went for a competition and he was a champion of that completion last year. Mentioned the name* meanwhile I took his passport page that showed his travel history to the us. I showed it to him, he didn't even bother with it.
Vo: will he stay with you?
Me: I said no, the he is scheduled to come back on the 27th cause of work which is the truth.
Then he said pick up your visa on so so so day, I said thank you, he now said if I wanna extend my stay, I should write to uscis and that now that I'll have an American baby, that I should act right cause I'll be traveling back and forth... I now asked if my passport will be ready before *** date cause of my doctor's appointment, he said some visas take time to process, but it should be and I can track my passport. Told him thank you and carried my stuffs and left, didn't even bother to arrange it till I got to the car. I was sooooo happy. People that saw the white paper, congratulated me, I just couldn't believe it... I have no travel history at all.
I am learning so much nairaland, it really helped during the interview, I applied all the knowledge there, am so grateful to everyone that advised and suggested a thing or two... God continually bless you all..
Now to getting cheap flights as I wanna travel next week. Please oh, help

Documents I took:
Letter from company
Pay slips
Promotion letter
Correspondence and doctors letters
Marriage certificate
Bank statements
Letter from my host
Letter from my doctor in Nigeria
Appointment confirmation
GTB payment slip
Budget sheet

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mulberry: 9:07pm On Nov 13, 2015
cinakin:
But you need a current account in their bank,I was there earlier.
@cinakin. U don't need a current account to buy from union bank. It can be ur savings account just present ur valid visa and ticket.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cinakin: 9:42pm On Nov 13, 2015
That's not what I was told at the bank, I was there yesterday... Confirm your info oh...
mulberry:

@cinakin. U don't need a current account to buy from union bank. It can be ur savings account just present ur valid visa and ticket.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 9:45pm On Nov 13, 2015
congrats Cinakin. for flight you can use wakanow or travelstart to compare and have an idea of what airline works for you, then you can go to the airline's website to crosscheck and play with dates

any POE you choose is fine

and no you dont need a visa to fly BA if you are just transiting

p.s i see the explaining past refusals on your form worked for you

not nice that you always have to be reminded to give back though, first the change of form and now your visa interview.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by feddy27: 9:52pm On Nov 13, 2015
Congrats Cinakin...For your flights, since you have limited time, check airfrance website; pick a weekday, u will get beta fares.

Where are you heading now? Kansas or Chicago?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 10:17pm On Nov 13, 2015
cinakin:
In the spirit of giving back to this wonderful forum, I want share how my interview went in no particular order though
Congrats on your visa. After your plenty confusing questions, you still succeeded. Nd to think you were still asking questions about what to fill in your form just a day to your interview. Am happy for you. Oya book your ticket and zoom off before baby comes grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cinakin: 10:43pm On Nov 13, 2015
Lol! I wanted to let the house know when I landed after POE, cause the interview was to long to type, thank you oh
Any POE? I thought Houston and Chicago were a no no even after you declare childbirth, I read experiences, the problem is I don't know how to check for all the flights,first time traveller,checked wakanow and travelstart but they are still expensive, isn't going to the airline's website expensive? I can't play with dates cause of time sadly.
favoredgal:
congrats Cinakin. for flight you can use wakanow or travelstart to compare and have an idea of what airline works for you, then you can go to the airline's website to crosscheck and play with dates

any POE you choose is fine

and no you dont need a visa to fly BA if you are just transiting

p.s i see the explaining past refusals on your form worked for you

not nice that you always have to be reminded to give back though, first the change of form and now your visa interview.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cinakin: 10:49pm On Nov 13, 2015
Thank you so much, na Baba God do am,so excited... Booking ticket na the issue now oh... Please reply my pm oh, make I plan where I go port go grin can I port after I told the vo a particular place? Or is it better to go there first then to another state? Please help me and my one million questions grin I will soon be an expert, lol
ozycy:

Congrats on your visa. After your plenty confusing questions, you still succeeded. Nd to think you were still asking questions about what to fill in your form just a day to your interview. Am happy for you. Oya book your ticket and zoom off before baby comes grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cinakin: 10:54pm On Nov 13, 2015
Thank you dear... I am not sure if I can port to Chicago after saying I am going to Kansas, do I need to write a change of travel plans to them? I'll check the suggested sites and let you know. Thank you wella again
feddy27:
Congrats Cinakin...For your flights, since you have limited time, check airfrance website; pick a weekday, u will get beta fares.

Where are you heading now? Kansas or Chicago?

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (401)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.