Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,553 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (853590 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by yemmyfinest: 4:43pm On Nov 12, 2015
Congratulations to our dear famous firsttymum.
May the Lord continue to bless your home.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 5:33pm On Nov 12, 2015
nefertitiram:

Gbam, especially now that CBN has limited card to $1000 a month, you have no choice but to carry hard cash!!!

This is so scary thinking about it! You see how much dollars we r posting here?? Yuno some people in d US haven't seen that money in Cash for a while, n to think they can't be a target for any shady person.. Someone PM'd me to Pls tell her if I have accommodation to share n from the mail the person seemed vulnerable, what if I was a "bad Guy" or an illegal immigrant Looking for victims ( God forbid) Most people r preggy n first time Us visitors n it will be bad if such person enters one chance.. Buildings in America have basements where they can hide u n ur belle without anyone finding u esp if they pick u up from the airport!! The movie is just playing in my head!! Pls lets be CAREFUL Pls .

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 5:46pm On Nov 12, 2015
You should consider a career in scriptwriting horror movies in Hollywood, ds one pass Nollywood!!!

neks31:

This is so scary thinking about it! You see how much dollars we r posting here?? Yuno some people in d US haven't seen that money in Cash for a while, n to think they can't be a target for any shady person.. Someone PM'd me to Pls tell her if I have accommodation to share n from the mail the person seemed vulnerable, what if I was a "bad Guy" or an illegal immigrant Looking for victims ( God forbid) Most people r preggy n first time Us visitors n it will be bad if such person enters one chance.. Buildings in America have basements where they can hide u n ur belle without anyone finding u esp if they pick u up from the airport!! The movie is just playing in my head!! Pls lets be CAREFUL Pls .

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 5:50pm On Nov 12, 2015
emeldamicheals:
Thanks. Pls, incase u know pages where it was shared. Pls, let me know. I don't have issues with weather have been travelling. Both winter and summer. Plus, I love cold smiley

You.Love.Cold...
Alaska is not cold, Alaska is frigid!
Have you ever been so cold, you can no longer feel your ears, your fingers, your nose... even your eyelashes are not spared?

Brrrrr... scary just thinking about winter in Alaska

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 5:59pm On Nov 12, 2015
@nerf hahhahaha when paranoia takes over. God pls be a protector!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Udumeme(f): 6:59pm On Nov 12, 2015
I have gotten my baby's BC and SSN. Took a little over 2 weeks. Could have gotten it sooner but still recovering from CS plus my card got blocked due to BVN issues which hubby had to help me sort out in Abuja. Any way God is faithful and sent me an angel in the form of another preggie who gave me moral support all the way. It's tough when you are alone on this missionary journey. I'm running on less than 4 hrs of sleep everyday! tongue embarassed can't wait to get back home!

Nig embassy says u need notarized letter of consent from both parent when applying for visa, pls my NL fam advice ME further as My hubby is in Nigeria. I would greatly appreciate if someone could drop a format of the letter as well o. God will bless you all for helping this ftm

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 7:13pm On Nov 12, 2015
neks31:
@nerf hahhahaha when paranoia takes over. God pls be a protector!!

Reminds me of craiglist, those ones na to perform manual abortion be their specialty...

nefertitiram:

Gbam, especially now that CBN has limited card to $1000 a month, you have no choice but to carry hard cash!!!

With this preggy mamas must patronise Ab0ki by fire by force, o ga gan ooo...

Jesus be a crude oil price & rise!!! embarassed

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by KayLayChi: 7:40pm On Nov 12, 2015
ozycy:
Pls for those that bought that step up abi step down thing for their breastpump and other electronic they bot from US, which one did you buy? Someone mentioned buying from cash and carry. Abeg what's the full name? I should just tell them "step up ". Can I see picture so I can know what am looking for. Tnx

Qlink, hubby bought it 3years ago for the baby's monitor and it's served us since then, presently I use it for my medela pump in style, it was N2,000. You can google Qlink step-down for the picture.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by KayLayChi: 8:04pm On Nov 12, 2015
Does it mean no bank is selling PTA. I need to buy for my mum who is travelling to CA next week, abeg any suggestions?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MiddyO(f): 8:44pm On Nov 12, 2015
KayLayChi:
Does it mean no bank is selling PTA. I need to buy for my mum who is travelling to CA next week, abeg any suggestions?

Try Travelex their rates are not bad, way better than black market. If you are in Lagos, try the one @ the airport, but go a couple of days before your mom travels.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LI(m): 8:53pm On Nov 12, 2015
You're the best! Thanks

nefertitiram:

Sent.
Pls confirm receipt
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cinakin: 9:02pm On Nov 12, 2015
God bless you richly....
OsyCollins:

Just go to Naija embassy with the BC and consent if both parents aren't there present. No US passport was asked.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Beryl15: 9:16pm On Nov 12, 2015
cinakin:
God bless you richly....
I guess you're applying for Nigerian passport.
Pls check link and follow through.
http://www.nigeriaembassyusa.org/index.php?page=passports

@All, the Nigerian embassy in Washinton DC charges $85 for expedited processing aside the $30 processing fee o! You pay at the embassy.
passport is now $106 for 32 page booklet and $137 for 64
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 9:23pm On Nov 12, 2015
KayLayChi:

My dear no bank o! I've gone round most of the banks and they aren't selling. Sent someone to travelex n d crowd is insane. Pls hook a sista up when u find anyone selling
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 9:28pm On Nov 12, 2015
KayLayChi:

What banks did you cheCk
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 9:29pm On Nov 12, 2015
neks31:

My dear no bank o! I've gone round most of the banks and they aren't selling. Sent someone to travelex n d crowd is insane. Pls hook a sista up when u find anyone selling

Heard union is selling but at the head office only

Will go on Monday

What banks did u check?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 9:44pm On Nov 12, 2015
KayLayChi:

Fidelity nko??

Hopefully Aboki price will come down soon cos i read they are sitting on stockpiles of FOREX cos customers are unwilling to release their BVN..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jenny3(f): 9:44pm On Nov 12, 2015
KayLayChi:

Union bank is selling at their headoffice-Stallion house 38 Marina. Go with your passport & ticket, rate was 199.48 last week, very good deal wink.
Fill a form and come back next day to pick up no hassles. If you dont have account with them, open one and you can buy immediately.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Cuteaidomo: 9:53pm On Nov 12, 2015
neks31:

Ecobank is selling.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Cuteaidomo: 9:54pm On Nov 12, 2015
modath:

Fidelity nko??

Hopefully Aboki price will come down soon cos i read they are sitting on stockpiles of FOREX cos customers are unwilling to release their BVN..

Ecobank is selling
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by izumcdon: 10:24pm On Nov 12, 2015
[quote author=Udumeme post=39954463]I have gotten my baby's BC and SSN. Took a little over 2 weeks. Could have gotten it sooner but still recovering from CS plus my card got blocked due to BVN issues which hubby had to help me sort out in Abuja. Any way God is faithful and sent me an angel in the form of another preggie who gave me moral support all the way. It's tough when you are alone on this missionary journey. I'm running on less than 4 hrs of sleep everyday! tongue embarassed can't wait to get back home!

Nig embassy says u need notarized letter of consent from both parent when applying for visa, pls my NL fam advice ME further as My hubby is in Nigeria. I would greatly appreciate if someone could drop a format of the letter as well o. God will bless you all for helping this.

Let him scan and send data page of his passport to you, and you write a letter on his behalf and sign his signature. Then submit it to them. Matter closed

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by KayLayChi: 10:40pm On Nov 12, 2015
favoredgal:

What banks did you cheCk

I know First bank is not selling, I also checked Fidelity too and they ain't selling. Also some people complained here that they were looking for PTA.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by KayLayChi: 10:42pm On Nov 12, 2015
favoredgal:

Heard union is selling but at the head office only

Will go on Monday

What banks did u check?

Just called my sister now and she confirmed Union is selling but just at their head office. So we will buy from Union. Thanks for the info.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by KayLayChi: 10:42pm On Nov 12, 2015
modath:

Fidelity nko??

My dear I called our dear friend Subuola and she told me they ain't selling.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by KayLayChi: 10:43pm On Nov 12, 2015
jenny3:

Union bank is selling at their headoffice-Stallion house 38 Marina. Go with your passport & ticket, rate was 199.48 last week, very good deal wink.
Fill a form and come back next day to pick up no hassles. If you dont have account with them, open one and you can buy immediately.

Thanks. Will do that.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anizi(f): 10:49pm On Nov 12, 2015
Off topic but,God i will give anything to have boiled yam and fried eggs. Mschewwww

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Enyinne(f): 11:16pm On Nov 12, 2015
Hahaha grin I can't help but laugh loud at this words "I love cold". Nef, u really captured the description of cold. She never see cold. If she has, she won't say I love cold. grin

nefertitiram:

You.Love.Cold...
Alaska is not cold, Alaska is frigid!
Have you ever been so cold, you can no longer feel your ears, your fingers, your nose... even your eyelashes are not spared?

Brrrrr... scary just thinking about winter in Alaska

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 11:18pm On Nov 12, 2015
modath:

Fidelity nko??

Fidelity said they arent selling. Went there cos I have my biz acc n I could get 5k but was disappointed Smh!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 11:19pm On Nov 12, 2015
Cuteaidomo:

Ecobank is selling.

Tnx for d info na me n dem tomorrow
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbiz: 11:31pm On Nov 12, 2015
nefertitiram:

True! but you can also go to the bank the day of your arrival at you final destination to open up an account so your money can be kept safe. All you need is your passport and address. I took a mother to open one 2 months ago and she is not getting monthly charges and her money is safe.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbiz: 11:36pm On Nov 12, 2015
justwise:
@All

..for those who are quick to send PM when they see an ad for cheap accommodation please be careful, you will be traveling to US with a lot of money and more likely to be targeted, consider your own security and that of your unborn baby when considering sharing an accommodation with that stranger you met online.

True talk! but you can also go to the bank the day of your arrival at your final destination to open up an account so your money can be kept safe. All you need is your passport and address. I took a mother to open one 2 months ago and she is not getting monthly charges and her money is also safe.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MayMaj(f): 12:10am On Nov 13, 2015
Dentale:

It's on page 83. You go love cold na when you hear some prices like Florida cheesy I like your spirit jare. Reminds me of the story of some guy who wanted to rent an apartment in a high rise building. The rental price was highest at the ground floor and reducing as you go higher. So he asked for the price of the topmost floor. When they told him and it still wasn't within his budget, he replied "this building is not high enough for me" cheesy

Hahahahahaha nice one

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49