Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (852058 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dyout: 9:19pm On Nov 11, 2015
Tell them to add it to your ticket. Give ur hubby ur reference code

DoVee:
@ozycy, my hubby went to airfrance lagos airport to purchase my baby ticket n they gave him a quote of N94k, tod him nt to buy oo, pls how do I go about it...thanks

quote author=ozycy post=39822534]
Go with your Fit to Fly letter from your doctor, dey may request for it and may still send you to port health. Yes the port health report will be gotten during checking in on the day of travel . My fit to fly from doc was asked after wch I was sent to port health.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bims87(f): 9:52pm On Nov 11, 2015
LI:
Hi All,

Is there a separate group of agents who only help to procure ETC from the US Embassy? cos I have contacted the two popular agents and they both say they don't offer that service. I know Nefertitiram highlighted the steps recently.

If anyone knows an agent who can help with the ETC thing, kindly share her/his contact.

Cc: Nefertitiram
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nasadiva: 10:47pm On Nov 11, 2015
LI:
Hi All,

Is there a separate group of agents who only help to procure ETC from the US Embassy? cos I have contacted the two popular agents and they both say they don't offer that service. I know Nefertitiram highlighted the steps recently.

If anyone knows an agent who can help with the ETC thing, kindly share her/his contact.

I would have loved to help but I don't think it's allowed to post phone number here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by deeore: 11:40pm On Nov 11, 2015
favoredgal:

You can make a fresh booking and take that booking

That's what I did it's not like anyone called the airline to verify

Hope this helps
Thanks...when u say fresh booking how did u do it..did u pay...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by deeore: 11:43pm On Nov 11, 2015
Tanx @shawlar for the response,congratulations @firsttymum...may God bless him teal good

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 12:02am On Nov 12, 2015
deeore:
Please guyz @Tobermom @ozycy and anybody wif answers...i want question...do i ve to change my flight first to meet the requirements of appearing in pleaseeeeeeeeee.
If you are sure you will be traveling by 1St week December, den change your ticket and proceed to the passport agency. Or I learnt you can book a dummy ticket ( booking without payment) .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 12:05am On Nov 12, 2015
DoVee:
@ozycy, my hubby went to airfrance lagos airport to purchase my baby ticket n they gave him a quote of N94k, tod him nt to buy oo, pls how do I go about it...thanks
You have to give them your reference number so they will attach your baby's ticket to your own. It's not suppose to be close to that amount even if they want to calculate 10% of your fare
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by oliviah10: 12:25am On Nov 12, 2015
shawlar:

Budget sheet: https://www.nairaland.com/617280/give-birth-usa-cost-procedure/105#25802670

Your change of accommodation should not be an issue, just explain to the VO if it comes up. Best of luck

Thank you so much @Shawlar, God bless you for the link you sent, so much information and things I dint know I had to do.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by omogedudu99: 12:32am On Nov 12, 2015
FFFB:
Hello ALL , pls can any one share details of a good doc and hospital in Dallas , probably frisco /piano dallas , thisis needed very urgently .

Expecting your response my pple

Hi,

You can check my post on the last page of Part 2.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Happymum: 12:34am On Nov 12, 2015
afrobrown2000:

congratulations on your double blessings can't wait for my DW to put to bed. ...@what week did you deliver and via...VD or CS. ..
thank God....happy for you
I delivered @ 36 weeks and 6 days, just one day short of my scheduled date for elective CS. I went into labor because I had spent days crying as I lost a dear aunt. I used CS although the doctors tried encouraging me to try vd

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LI(m): 12:41am On Nov 12, 2015
Even for consulate staff/agents that have been so freely shared here the past few days?Anyway, thanks.

Nasadiva:

I would have loved to help but I don't think it's allowed to post phone number here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 12:46am On Nov 12, 2015
LI:
Even for consulate staff/agents that have been so freely shared here the past few days?Anyway, thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Enyinne(f): 1:11am On Nov 12, 2015
My agent is charging 70k for baby's ticket on united Airlines. Pls does any one hv idea of baggage allowance for baby and for me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 1:32am On Nov 12, 2015
LI:

I really don't think we should post their number her, so that we don't overwhelm them, or make them jack up their prices. Besides they are not paying anyone for advert here.

Most people have been sharing via pm. Shoot me a pm, I will respond with their details
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LI(m): 1:57am On Nov 12, 2015
Thanks for the kind gesture

nefertitiram:

I really don't think we should post their number her, so that we don't overwhelm them, or make them jack up their prices. Besides they are not paying anyone for advert here.

Most people have been sharing via pm. Shoot me a pm, I will respond with their details
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cinakin: 2:09am On Nov 12, 2015
Thank you so much
shawlar:

Your contact person should be your host; contact address also.... (although some people put in their docs details sha)
Relationship is relationship btw contact person and yourself
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cinakin: 2:12am On Nov 12, 2015
Thank you so much...
Adiahabasi:
I wrote section 214b..i.e the reason for denial...no need for unneccesary story.keep it simple.. If d VO asks verbally sef,if i were you I would say I don't know why I was denied(in actual sense..they dont give a specific reason..so one can never be so sure). As for sponsor put in ur husband...if asked you can say both of you verbally..I stand to be corrected but i think your dr should be your contact person since that's the primary reason for the trip.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cinakin: 2:16am On Nov 12, 2015
Hello, please what did you use to apply for the naija passport and how did you go about it?, a friend of mine said it can't be done since the baby has a us passport...
OsyCollins:

Thanks, they got the BC & Naija passport yesterday but couldn't go to the US passport office. I want to find out which exact office did u get d US passport from (in 24 working hours) ? Cos they went online for appointment & got 13th Nov & she said they claimed it takes 5 working days after the appointment. While the post office said 3--4 weeks. Just need a Lil guidelines on d US passport ASAP, sorry for always bugging you, guess you are the one closer home the most wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cinakin: 2:18am On Nov 12, 2015
Thanks for answering...
shawlar:

Use ur host place of work... although personally, I feel that space is for if an organisation is hosting you
Also use ur hubby as sponsor on the form. You can explain to the VO verbally if you'll be co-sponsoring... Point out the transfers 4rm ur hubby on the statement if necessary
As for the denial, I don't really know cos I've not been denied b4 wink but I don't think they give explanations to peeps as to why they were denied sha)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cinakin: 2:20am On Nov 12, 2015
Thanks a lot
whiiteroses:

Burden of proof are all the documents needed for visa interview. It is also used at the POE to show the CBP or when sent to secondary inspection, showing them you are well prepared. For example
Doctor's correspondence, Budget sheet
Fit to fly, notification/change of intent letters to and from the embassy, statement of account etc to mention a few... or any other documents that you think would be necessary. @cinakin the above answer applys to you too.

For MIHS, you have to call or email them to clarify that.
The word 'port' means to change from one doctor or state to another. For port health someone mentioned something relating to that some pages back. I hope this helps
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cinakin: 2:23am On Nov 12, 2015
Thank you Lady G, don't mind me, I just needed answers. God bless
LadyGuinivere:

I agree with him.
IMO u have no biz with your host's place of work. Keep it simple.
Fill contact which is ur address. Leave the other. I don't believe I filled it.
Free advice @ Cinakin : calm down. You are sounding panicked
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cinakin: 2:26am On Nov 12, 2015
Thank you so much favoredgal...
favoredgal:

This is an opportunity to explain ur case and put urself in a good standing before u meet the vo

Yes u don't know exactly why u were denied but u have idea. Use the space to tell the vo what has changed in ur circumstances btw then and now

For example my husband had been denied twice and I assumed it's because he had an immigration case pending even tho they dint tell him. When we got married and I filled his form I used that space to explain why he isn't a flight risk, married, good job, earns x amount etc, for the first time ever during his interview his pending immigration status did not even come up and he got the visa

So for people that have been denied before that is the most important part of the form in my opinion
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cinakin: 2:28am On Nov 12, 2015
My dear... Thanks a lot... Please can I pm you?its urgent.. Learnt your entire bill is less than 5k?
ozycy:
@ cinakin,
I think you should explain why you were denied in the space provided if you hav any idea. I explained mine after I was refused and yes the VO read it thoroughly and was nodding before she looked up to ask me the normal routine questions. I assume she v already made up her mind to issue the visa after reading my reason for refusal.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cinakin: 2:29am On Nov 12, 2015
Yes! Phema, thanks a lot...
Phema:

Dunno if this has been handled.

Your contact person should be your host, same for the contact address. The relationship is the relationship between you and your host. Is s/he a friend, uncle, aunty, cousin etc?

Your contact organisation should be your hospital's/Dr's office (either address or phone number).

For burden of proof, please refer to page 105 of part 1.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 3:40am On Nov 12, 2015
[quote author=cinakin post=39929562][/quote]
Yes
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cinakin: 3:45am On Nov 12, 2015
Hello from the other side grin please reply my pm, I have a question to ask, help a jjc that's still learning and a first time mum. God bless you well
Tvegas:

Shuooo, E don enter part 3? People dey born oooo. When is this ministry moving to permanent site?

Have a great week people. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 4:18am On Nov 12, 2015
Pls for those that bought that step up abi step down thing for their breastpump and other electronic they bot from US, which one did you buy? Someone mentioned buying from cash and carry. Abeg what's the full name? I should just tell them "step up ". Can I see picture so I can know what am looking for. Tnx

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by deeore: 4:41am On Nov 12, 2015
ozycy:

If you are sure you will be traveling by 1St week December, den change your ticket and proceed to the passport agency. Or I learnt you can book a dummy ticket ( booking without payment) .

Ok..i guess i would just go ahead and pay....tanx

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 5:31am On Nov 12, 2015
deeore:

Thanks...when u say fresh booking how did u do it..did u pay...

Paid ke? Just a booking that reflected an earlier date. I did it on British air, you can book on hold, do it within 48 hours of when you are going so it's still valid
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by chicagobound: 7:33am On Nov 12, 2015
ozycy:
Pls for those that bought that step up abi step down thing for their breastpump and other electronic they bot from US, which one did you buy? Someone mentioned buying from cash and carry. Abeg what's the full name? I should just tell them "step up ". Can I see picture so I can know what am looking for. Tnx

Hi ozycy; I bought from next for a device sent from the US; it's just 2k and you just ask those pple at the pay point at the electronic section. It's one small pack usually on a shelve close to them.
Btw; I wish I know the day you'd be in next cash n carry; would've been at d entrance asking every woman: are u ozycy? Lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Beryl15: 7:34am On Nov 12, 2015
Enyinne:
My agent is charging 70k for baby's ticket on united Airlines. Pls does any one hv idea of baggage allowance for baby and for me.
my baby's ticket was more than this.
You're entitled to two free checked in 50lb/23kg bags, one carry on/ hand luggage and one personal bag ( e.g hand bag or laptop bag. I had both though.)
Baby is entitled to one free checked in 50lb/23kg bag, one car seat and stoller, and one diaper bag.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 8:13am On Nov 12, 2015
chicagobound:

Hi ozycy; I bought from next for a device sent from the US; it's just 2k and you just ask those pple at the pay point at the electronic section. It's one small pack usually on a shelve close to them.
Btw; I wish I know the day you'd be in next cash n carry; would've been at d entrance asking every woman: are u ozycy? Lol
Thanks a lot. I will try and go get it.
Not to worry, I go jam you very soon. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49