Stats: 3,152,270 members, 7,815,453 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (852180 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 8:42am On Nov 12, 2015
LI:
Thanks for the kind gesture.

Kindly send the contact to me at olasophiat@yahoo.com.

Thanks in anticipation

Sent.
Pls confirm receipt
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shawlar(m): 9:12am On Nov 12, 2015
ozycy:
Pls for those that bought that step up abi step down thing for their breastpump and other electronic they bot from US, which one did you buy? Someone mentioned buying from cash and carry. Abeg what's the full name? I should just tell them "step up ". Can I see picture so I can know what am looking for. Tnx

Its called a "step-down", you can buy from any reputable electronics store. should cost btw 1,000 - 2,500 depending on where you buy from
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shawlar(m): 9:22am On Nov 12, 2015
oliviah10:

Thank you so much @Shawlar, God bless you for the link you sent, so much information and things I dint know I had to do.

That's why it is very beneficial for you to read through or @ least use the search bar
A whole lot of info as been shared already and re-posting it all would be very tiring..

cc @kemo88
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shawlar(m): 9:32am On Nov 12, 2015
Enyinne:
My agent is charging 70k for baby's ticket on united Airlines. Pls does any one hv idea of baggage allowance for baby and for me.

My babys ticket was also around that price.. When I pushed my sister that it should be cheaper, she queried them and they told her that the 10% is calculated only on the equivalent fare and doesn't cover taxes and surcharges. Meaning they take 10% of the normal equivalent fare plus full taxes and charges.

@beryl15 is on point with the baggage allowance. Note that united didn't take any bag that was even just 1lb angry overweight from us, they claimed the machine won't scan it in... undecided
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shawlar(m): 9:34am On Nov 12, 2015
cinakin:
Hello, please what did you use to apply for the naija passport and how did you go about it?, a friend of mine said it can't be done since the baby has a us passport...

Read back a few pages...,
someone still spoke about applying for naija passport like last week or so....

plus your friend is wrong; U can get both passports.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 9:35am On Nov 12, 2015
Thanks a bunch dear...

kaakaa:

Yes dear,those are the states that issue the Nigerian passport.... if you are in those states it's better to get a passport than a visa.... just start processing it on time...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Dynatron: 9:44am On Nov 12, 2015
Good morning all,

I am new to this forum and have been checking all past threads for an answer to my question so as not to be chewed..
I am pregnant and want to apply for a US visa for the purpose of giving birth. My hubby n son also are applying for a visa as well.
I had applied two years ago but was denied even after I admitted that I was pregnant. The reason was that I didn't show sufficient social ties n Nigeria (I had my marriage certificate).

I feel I have to apply with my family to avoid disappointments and Pls want do I need to present at the interview to ensure I am not denied again as I am trying to apply before year end cause am due March 2016.

Tnx in anticipation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 9:54am On Nov 12, 2015
Detailed explanation. Thanks a million....

shrekandfiona:

Nigeria passport cannot be done by proxy. You/baby have to be there in person. Whereas, the visa can be done by proxy. And those 3 states you listed are where we have naija consulate so if one is not in those states, then the visa is your sure bet.

Visa is more expensive than the passport though.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 9:56am On Nov 12, 2015
shawlar:

Its called a "step-down", you can buy from any reputable electronics store. should cost btw 1,000 - 2,500 depending on where you buy from
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Adiahabasi: 10:06am On Nov 12, 2015
Dynatron:
Good morning all,

I am new to this forum and have been checking all past threads for an answer to my question so as not to be chewed..
I am pregnant and want to apply for a US visa for the purpose of giving birth. My hubby n son also are applying for a visa as well.
I had applied two years ago but was denied even after I admitted that I was pregnant. The reason was that I didn't show sufficient social ties n Nigeria (I had my marriage certificate).

I feel I have to apply with my family to avoid disappointments and Pls want do I need to present at the interview to ensure I am not denied again as I am trying to apply before year end cause am due March 2016.

Tnx in anticipation.
Shawlar just posted this...was a page away...all u need for your interview...the famous Phema's burden of proof https://www.nairaland.com/617280/give-birth-usa-cost-procedure/105#25802670
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olorieka: 10:09am On Nov 12, 2015
Plz help too I was at the embassy on Tuesday and was denied I try to apply in abuja my passport status says passport still with the us consulate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 10:58am On Nov 12, 2015
Hello everyone, please, sorry in advance for my plenty questions. I be JJC for child birth in US. I have been searching to no avail for hospitals for now. My questions are:

What is the difference between non-profit or profit hospitals? Is there any of them that possess problem in the future.

Secondly, someone told me about a community hospital that was extremely cheap. Total bill of a thousand plus. Am not sure if its a good idea.

Thirdly, can someone help me with hospitals that are very cheap with doctor's contact. Like a total less than 5k USD. Any state is welcomed. Hoping to have a VBAC though.

Make una help me abeg. I have been surfing the net and this forum but I wan craze cos I hvnt made any head way. Am so confused.

Thanks in advance cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Kemo88: 12:07pm On Nov 12, 2015
Hi everyone,
Learning a lot from this forum. Thanks a lot.
I want to ask for something though it sounds silly. I want to start contacting Doctors in Alaska via email. Please can I have a draft of a letter to be sent to the doctors. I'm JJC / first timer. I don't even know what the content of the email to the doctors should be. How do I introduce myself, where am I calling /emailing from? What do I want to do? Do they take deliveries of foreigners. I'm entirely confused. Please can anyone help with a draft. Please don't say asking jamb question o. Na the pregnancy cause am lol. Thanks a lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Kemo88: 12:09pm On Nov 12, 2015
shawlar:

That's why it is very beneficial for you to read through or @ least use the search bar
A whole lot of info as been shared already and re-posting it all would be very tiring..

cc @kemo88
Thank you so much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Dentale(m): 12:17pm On Nov 12, 2015
emeldamicheals:
Hello everyone, please, sorry in advance for my plenty questions. I be JJC for child birth in US. I have been searching to no avail for hospitals for now. My questions are:

What is the difference between non-profit or profit hospitals? Is there any of them that possess problem in the future.

Secondly, someone told me about a community hospital that was extremely cheap. Total bill of a thousand plus. Am not sure if its a good idea.

Thirdly, can someone help me with hospitals that are very cheap with doctor's contact. Like a total less than 5k USD. Any state is welcomed. Hoping to have a VBAC though.

Make una help me abeg. I have been surfing the net and this forum but I wan craze cos I hvnt made any head way. Am so confused.

Thanks in advance cheesy

Welcome. We were all JJCs at some point so no worries. Read back a few pages. Nef and Modath shared some details of hospital costs in different states. There was also a detailed link for all states in the US. Just drill down to a few states. Not more than 2 or 3. Focus on the weather too at the time of your EDD. If you haven't experienced winter before, it may not be a good time to go to a cold state. In summary, u have some very good starting points but u need to do some work by calling the hospitals u have decided to focus on. It would be easier from there.
Meanwhile that bill of a thousand plus sounds too good to be true. And you know what the saying is about if something is too good to be true..... cheesy

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by NezzyWozzy(m): 12:18pm On Nov 12, 2015
Anyone using WHMC in Jan 2016? Maybe we can hook up?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by NezzyWozzy(m): 12:19pm On Nov 12, 2015
Can I get Precious Cedars contact from anyone in the house please?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 12:26pm On Nov 12, 2015
Thanks. Pls, incase u know pages where it was shared. Pls, let me know. I don't have issues with weather have been travelling. Both winter and summer. Plus, I love cold smiley

Dentale:

Welcome. We were all JJCs at some point so no worries. Read back a few pages. Nef and Modath shared some details of hospital costs in different states. There was also a detailed link for all states in the US. Just drill down to a few states. Not more than 2 or 3. Focus on the weather too at the time of your EDD. If you haven't experienced winter before, it may not be a good time to go to a cold state. In summary, u have some very good starting points but u need to do some work by calling the hospitals u have decided to focus on. It would be easier from there.
Meanwhile that bill of a thousand plus sounds too good to be true. And you know what the saying is about if something is too good to be true..... cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Dentale(m): 12:26pm On Nov 12, 2015
Kemo88:
Hi everyone,
Learning a lot from this forum. Thanks a lot.
I want to ask for something though it sounds silly. I want to start contacting Doctors in Alaska via email. Please can I have a draft of a letter to be sent to the doctors. I'm JJC / first timer. I don't even know what the content of the email to the doctors should be. How do I introduce myself, where am I calling /emailing from? What do I want to do? Do they take deliveries of foreigners. I'm entirely confused. Please can anyone help with a draft. Please don't say asking jamb question o. Na the pregnancy cause am lol. Thanks a lot

Na really jamb question cheesy. There's no format really but you're on the right track about asking if they take delivery for foreign patients. Here's a sample of what I used some years back and I got reponses from all of them. Though some of replies were deleted immediately like what legendsmother posted so me pages back

"Hello,

Could you kindly advise details of your delivery charges/comprehensive maternity package price for self-pay international patients? I would also require Physician referrals if not included in the plan.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks and regards,

Preggie Mama

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Dentale(m): 12:31pm On Nov 12, 2015
emeldamicheals:
Thanks. Pls, incase u know pages where it was shared. Pls, let me know. I don't have issues with weather have been travelling. Both winter and summer. Plus, I love cold smiley

It's on page 83. You go love cold na when you hear some prices like Florida cheesy I like your spirit jare. Reminds me of the story of some guy who wanted to rent an apartment in a high rise building. The rental price was highest at the ground floor and reducing as you go higher. So he asked for the price of the topmost floor. When they told him and it still wasn't within his budget, he replied "this building is not high enough for me" cheesy

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Enyinne(f): 1:06pm On Nov 12, 2015
Thanks dear,u both are amazing.
I will quickly rush and get d ticket now.

My babys ticket was also around that price.. When I pushed my sister that it should be cheaper, she queried them and they told her that the 10% is calculated only on the equivalent fare and doesn't cover taxes and surcharges. Meaning they take 10% of the normal equivalent fare plus full taxes and charges.

@beryl15 is on point with the baggage allowance. Note that united didn't take any bag that was even just 1lb angry overweight from us, they claimed the machine won't scan it in... undecided

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 1:35pm On Nov 12, 2015
Dentale:

1k+ may be possible for hosp fees but wen u add doc and paed and epidural with lab scan etc it may b up to 5k at d end

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 2:15pm On Nov 12, 2015
Guys we have to be careful with the random accommodation people hmmmm! How do u meet someone online abi faceless forum without doing back ground check n u carry your belle and prolly ur 10k hard earned USD to the persons home?? Pls we should be cautious this " ember " month! I'm not trying to knock anybody's huzzle but let's be careful cos I'm here roaming about looking for where to get PtA n It will pain me if some one enters one chance in far far America! Be careful my beautiful Preggy mamas.

19 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 12, 2015
You have a point neks31. The offer does sound harmless and entirely apt to pple who might need it but lets all be careful how we conduct our activities as regards this birthing thing, its still a faceless forum, you never really know who's behind that post/computer screen. Safety 1st! (lol...pun intended).

Hi @pamperme, you're right on the money. Good to know that all went well for you and you have since been back. I tried replying your pm but its not going. My baby turns 1 in exactly 1 week...how time flies. Regards to your LO.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Oasoremi: 3:00pm On Nov 12, 2015
Good afternoon Guru's in the house.

Please I'll like to make enquiry for my sis. She and her family got a visit visa (B1/B2) sometimes in August and they were meant to go on vacation at that time but they had so much doing and could not go for the vacation. They therefore promised to make it up to the kids come December school break. Not too long after, she realized that she's pregnant, tummy protruding now ( she doesnt intend to have the baby in US) cos she cant stay back that long but the fear is, wont they have issues at POE

Please advise
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Austine2020: 3:05pm On Nov 12, 2015
Enyinne:
My agent is charging 70k for baby's ticket on united Airlines. Pls does any one hv idea of baggage allowance for baby and for me.
Had it been u bought your ticket direct from United airlines website, It should have been better for u to call their Nig number direct and book your baby ticket direct with them at a good price, they will attach your baby ticket with yours as soon as u pay to their acct & send it to your email address for u to print it out in the US. Then u can ask them all these baggage questions & have a direct answer from them.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:09pm On Nov 12, 2015
@All

..for those who are quick to send PM when they see an ad for cheap accommodation please be careful, you will be traveling to US with a lot of money and more likely to be targeted, consider your own security and that of your unborn baby when considering sharing an accommodation with that stranger you met online.

20 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Austine2020: 3:26pm On Nov 12, 2015
Oasoremi:
Good afternoon Guru's in the house.

Please I'll like to make enquiry for my sis. She and her family got a visit visa (B1/B2) sometimes in August and they were meant to go on vacation at that time but they had so much doing and could not go for the vacation. They therefore promised to make it up to the kids come December school break. Not too long after, she realized that she's pregnant, tummy protruding now ( she doesnt intend to have the baby in US) cos she cant stay back that long but the fear is, wont they have issues at POE

Please advise
Unless she is pregnant before her visa interview.I dont think she will have issues at the POE if she tells them that she came for holiday with her family, because her tummy will not be that much big as someone that comes to give birth. they know that people always comes for child birth from 7 months up. Rather if they suspect that she wants to give birth, they can stamp her in for shorter period instead of normal 6 months.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by OsyCollins(m): 3:38pm On Nov 12, 2015
cinakin:
Hello, please what did you use to apply for the naija passport and how did you go about it?, a friend of mine said it can't be done since the baby has a us passport...

Just go to Naija embassy with the BC and consent if both parents aren't there present. No US passport was asked.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 4:00pm On Nov 12, 2015
neks31:
Guys we have to be careful with the random accommodation people hmmmm! How do u meet someone online abi faceless forum without doing back ground check n u carry your belle and prolly ur 10k hard earned USD to the persons home?? Pls we should be cautious this " ember " month! I'm not trying to knock anybody's huzzle but let's be careful cos I'm here roaming about looking for where to get PtA n It will pain me if some one enters one chance in far far America! Be careful my beautiful Preggy mamas.

Gbam, especially now that CBN has limited card to $1000 a month, you have no choice but to carry hard cash!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67