Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,279 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (668) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1525613 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dcutey: 12:40pm On Jun 01, 2019
stefanimay:
Hello just wise. I just finished my online application, picked ikeja as my location to submit buh the available dates fr appointment is far. Now I want to change my location to VI, how do I go abt it. .. I've tried to do it buh the option to change location isn't coming up and I've paid already. Just had to save my application and log out.... Pls Anyone that has an answer, should help. It's urgent

How do I change location from Ikeja to VI

I too encountered this challenge last week and had to continue with Ikeja but had to choose premium service since there was no regular appointment in Ikeja. In fact, it seems there's no more regular appointment in Ikeja because I searched for date within the next two months but didn't find.

If you eventually get to change from Ikeja to VI center, bear in mind that VI center is not free to use; an additional fee of £55 is required to use VI center.

In my opinion, it seems the changes recently made in the UK visa application is a revenue drive as one would hardly get a date devoid of their value added services such as assisted service, premium lounge, flexi appointment, etc.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by miqos02(m): 2:43pm On Jun 01, 2019
dcutey:

I too encountered this challenge last week and had to continue with Ikeja but had to choose premium service since there was no regular appointment in Ikeja. In fact, it seems there's no more regular appointment in Ikeja because I searched for date within the next two months but didn't find.

If you eventually get to change from Ikeja to VI center, bear in mind that VI center is not free to use; an additional fee of £55 is required to use VI center.

In my opinion, it seems the changes recently made in the UK visa application is a revenue drive as one would hardly get a date devoid of their value added services such as assisted service, premium lounge, flexi appointment, etc.

Are you required to upload account statement now or you submit it at appointment centre?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dcutey: 2:53pm On Jun 01, 2019
miqos02:

Are you required to upload account statement now or you submit it at appointment centre?

It depends on the type of appointment you choose; you will upload all documents only if you choose self service else you will submit your documents at the appointment centre.

Note that self service doesn't attract an additional cost but assisted service attracts an additional cost of GBP 21.00 / NGN 10,000.00.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tawakalituolas: 3:10pm On Jun 01, 2019
justwise:

Then don't expect email from them if you have given them a wrong email address..unless they have a correct one somewhere in your form.
I think you remember that i told you about me given them a wrong email address and you said i shouldn't worry about it. Is it possible that my passport is at tls office now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dcutey: 3:19pm On Jun 01, 2019
Tawakalituolas:
I think you remember that i told you about me given them a wrong email address and you said i shouldn't worry about it. Is it possible that my passport is at tls office now.

I think you should go check for your passport at the TLS centre.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:23pm On Jun 01, 2019
Tawakalituolas:

But that was your daughter's email address and not yours?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lee310: 3:47pm On Jun 01, 2019
stefanimay:

From 21st June and they all priority service

Really ?

So I have to wait this long? priority? cry

Please can I do walk in and pay them before the 21st ?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FYsol: 3:56pm On Jun 01, 2019
Funny enough, everyone I know that receives this type of e-mail end up getting the visa.

Ebylicious:
I have done my biometric and the 15 working days have elapsed n I haven't been called to pick up my passport rather the below was sent to my mailbox. Please advise. Is it something to be worried about?

Dear Applicant

Thank you for your visa/entry clearance application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days and settlement applications within 60 working days (unless you have opted for a Priority Visa service).

We are unable to resolve your application within these customer service targets, as the processing of your application has not been straightforward. Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible.

Please do not attend the application centre until you have been contacted by the VAC.

Kind regards,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dcutey: 4:18pm On Jun 01, 2019
Lee310:

Really ?

I think stefanimay meant premium lounge and not priority service.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chingynt(m): 6:26pm On Jun 01, 2019
Please I would like to ask if a 20 pound budget for food (lunch and supper) per day is reasonable. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Monmarri: 7:33pm On Jun 01, 2019
[quote author=chingynt post=78929614]Please I would like to ask if a 20 pound budget for food (lunch and supper) per day is reasonable. Thanks. [/quote

£20 is still ok for lunch and supper per day depending on what you want to eat. Just estimate your budget as follows: ticket fare, accommodation, living expenses (This include your budget for food, drinks and others) , transport fare visiting tourist attractions and shopping.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 10:19pm On Jun 01, 2019
FYsol:
Funny enough, everyone I know that receives this type of e-mail end up getting the visa.

Not true. This type of email doesn't guarantee a Visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FYsol: 10:54pm On Jun 01, 2019
I never said it guarantees anything. I was only speaking of coincidence that all my friends that has told me they got such mail ended up getting their visas.

ijeshaoflondon:

Not true. This type of email doesn't guarantee a Visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by olafamzy87(m): 11:16pm On Jun 01, 2019
Evening all, please anyone use self upload recently and was successful?
Just want to know because i am finding it so stressful right now.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MadameW: 12:12am On Jun 02, 2019
Yes, successfully uploaded all my documents last week.

olafamzy87:
Evening all, please anyone use self upload recently and was successful?
Just want to know because i am finding it so stressful right now.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by olafamzy87(m): 1:32am On Jun 02, 2019
Please how did you go about it? At what period of time did you upload?
I will appreciate your response.
Thanks
MadameW:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by olafamzy87(m): 3:29am On Jun 02, 2019
Thanks so much. I have been able to upload my documents successful. Thought they said it will convert to black and white. But mine documents still retain its colored background
MadameW:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by KunlexyInc: 5:50am On Jun 02, 2019
KunlexyInc:
Please I need information on how to obtain certificate of entitlement (right of abode). I currently have my BC but wish to go back to hustle and get my life on track. I need someone to guide me please, I need your help here

So nobody to help me with my question here embarassed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by omicron(m): 7:23am On Jun 02, 2019
FYsol:

True, almost everyone who gets that eventually gets the visa, but it could take forever too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ebylicious: 9:35am On Jun 02, 2019
FYsol:
I never said it guarantees anything. I was only speaking of coincidence that all my friends that has told me they got such mail ended up getting their visas.

I choose to be positive. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by stefanimay: 10:59am On Jun 02, 2019
Lee310:

Really ?

To be honest, I have no idea
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by stefanimay: 11:04am On Jun 02, 2019
dcutey:

"revenue drive" exactly, which is sad.�... Anyways is it possible to change location to VI cause I'm finding it difficult + I've called them, their number not going through..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NanaOne1: 1:27pm On Jun 02, 2019
Dear All,

I rent the apartment i currently live in. Please is it mandatory to provide tenancy agreement?

I paid my landlord but I don't have any documents

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by stefanimay: 1:49pm On Jun 02, 2019
Pls this is for those that recently applied online, choosing VI as their location for biometric:
What are the dates available, can I see first nd second week of June + is there normal service cause I don't want the premium lounge.... Pls Anyone that has an idea. I need answers.. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oluayebenz: 1:52pm On Jun 02, 2019
Lee310:

Really ?

Yes you can do walk in at anytime but you pay 42k
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by shanga(m): 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2019
oluayebenz:

Yes you can do walk in at anytime but you pay 42k

Make sure you get there before 8am for walk in,cus I was at Ikeja center last week,could not enter cus they have ushered 45 walk in applicant in before 8am and I have to go back the following day,they chased other walk in applicant away....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Monmarri: 2:38pm On Jun 02, 2019
NanaOne1:
Dear All,

I rent the apartment i currently live in. Please is it mandatory to provide tenancy agreement?

I paid my landlord but I don't have any documents

Thanks

For visa application not relevant at all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jyyes: 3:07pm On Jun 02, 2019
Good afternoon house. Please what is the cost of priority visa application for a first timer? And is there anyone currently searching for an appointment date at TLS Ikeja? If yes please what are the nearest available dates ??

Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NanaOne1: 3:20pm On Jun 02, 2019
Thank you. I am asking because there is a portion on the application form where they ask whether you rent or own where you live. I selected I rent it.
Then on the checklist form there is a section for tenancy agreement. I hope its not mandatory to provide a tenancy agreement because I don't have it

Monmarri:

For visa application not relevant at all.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 02, 2019
NanaOne1:
Thank you. I am asking because there is a portion on the application form where they ask whether you rent or own where you live. I selected I rent it.
Then on the checklist form there is a section for tenancy agreement. I hope its not mandatory to provide a tenancy agreement because I don't have it

if u rented the place just like u said, you must have some form of receipt/agreement for ur duration of stay etc. you need to prove urself. remember the more complete, genuine and straightforward ur documents are, the better the chance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Monmarri: 6:12pm On Jun 02, 2019
NanaOne1:

O! I see. I never experience this the last time I applied. Please any thing they state kindly provide it for them to be on a safer side. U can talk to your landlord to give u your tenancy agreement
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kaakaa(f): 8:06pm On Jun 02, 2019
Please does public holiday affect visa collection time, like will this sala holiday make it 17 days instead of 15 days,
and is it 15 working days or weekends inclusive?

(1) (2) (3) ... (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.