Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (669) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1524942 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by stefanimay: 8:20pm On Jun 02, 2019
shanga:

Make sure you get there before 8am for walk in,cus I was at Ikeja center last week,could not enter cus they have ushered 45 walk in applicant in before 8am and I have to go back the following day,they chased other walk in applicant away....

Pls what if I've booked appointment for premium, can I cancel and do walk in?...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FYsol: 9:04pm On Jun 02, 2019
15 Working days. (3 Weeks)

kaakaa:
Please does public holiday affect visa collection time, like will this sala holiday make it 17 days instead of 15 days,
and is it 15 working days or weekends inclusive?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Monmarri: 9:17pm On Jun 02, 2019
kaakaa:
Please does public holiday affect visa collection time, like will this sala holiday make it 17 days instead of 15 days,
and is it 15 working days or weekends inclusive?

Yes Salah holiday will make it 17days. Salah holiday is not a working day for uk embassy or Vsf.
It is 15 working days and weekend exclusive.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nonoski: 9:32pm On Jun 02, 2019
Good day house,
Please i am a little confused about the TLS website.
I choose VI Centre
for my Biometerics was charged 55GBP each
for return courier was charged 14GBP each
for Flexi was charged 84GBP each (coz they insist applying as family must pay for flexi)
Total about 170 GBP per person (N400,000)
I am applying for 5 family members do i need to pay all these fees just for a visa?
Isn't this extortion?

This excludes 4,400GPB already paid for visa fees.
I am already thinking of cancelling the application what is the refund procedure
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dcutey: 10:21pm On Jun 02, 2019
stefanimay:

"revenue drive" exactly, which is sad.�... Anyways is it possible to change location to VI cause I'm finding it difficult + I've called them, their number not going through..

Unfortunately, i don't think it's possible to change location after choosing; I think I remember seeing a statement concerning this on the page when one chooses location.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dcutey: 10:36pm On Jun 02, 2019
nonoski:
Good day house,
I choose VI Centre
for Flexi was charged 84GBP each (coz they insist applying as family must pay for flexi)
I am applying for 5 family members do i need to pay all these fees just for a visa?
Isn't this extortion?

I am already thinking of cancelling the application what is the refund procedure

It's unfortunate but this is the current reality with the UK visa application in Nigeria. A family of three recently paid 450k for their application, they would have cancelled if not for the importance of the trip.

I don't think I will apply again once my current visa expires; it's just pure daylight robbery.

I also think that they have simulated and designed the website such that only few people would escape paying for their added value services because I don't know the reason one cannot get a date without such priced services in the nearest future.

I'm not familiar with the refund process.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jyyes: 10:54pm On Jun 02, 2019
Sorry 28 business days.

Cancelling for refund will take 38 business days for the funds to be returned back to the same account you paid it from. Now regarding the flexi thing, it’s not compulsory that you must choose flexi, it’s only a suggestion on the site. You can choose a normal date and time for each members of the family, note it must be the same date and time for all of you, when you get there you will be merged as a family. So please save yourself 84GBP from each member of your family.

nonoski:
Good day house,
I choose VI Centre
Isn't this extortion?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pufframmy: 11:00pm On Jun 02, 2019
thanks you for the response

Monmarri:

Original documents is preferable .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NanaOne1: 11:28pm On Jun 02, 2019
Thanks

TonyyS:

if u rented the place just like u said, you must have some form of receipt/agreement for ur duration of stay etc. you need to prove urself. remember the more complete, genuine and straightforward ur documents are, the better the chance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by QUEENBIZ: 11:47pm On Jun 02, 2019
Hello my people, I will like to know if anyone have use the new E statement Accessbank claim they now issued for USA & UK visa applicant for their visa processing. I was surprised when I saw it myself.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dcutey: 12:21am On Jun 03, 2019
Jyyes:
Good afternoon house. Please what is the cost of priority visa application for a first timer? And is there anyone currently searching for an appointment date at TLS Ikeja? If yes please what are the nearest available dates ??

Thanks in advance

The cost of priority visa service is GBP 220 per person. The closest available date as of last Monday was 19th June and all time slots were for premium lounge service.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Candybright: 12:22am On Jun 03, 2019
nonoski:
Good day house,
I choose VI Centre
Isn't this extortion?

This is ridiculous. shocked shocked
I thought I read U.K visa is about #55k
Where are all these other money coming from?
Not like it's guaranteed.
And I'm planning to apply for visa . Haaa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dcutey: 12:32am On Jun 03, 2019
Jyyes:
Sorry 28 business days.

Cancelling for refund will take 38 business days for the funds to be returned back to the same account you paid it from. Now regarding the flexi thing, it’s not compulsory that you must choose flexi, it’s only a suggestion on the site. You can choose a normal date and time for each members of the family, note it must be the same date and time for all of you, when you get there you will be merged as a family. So please save yourself 84GBP from each member of your family.

I remember you had stated that flexi isn't compulsory for a family appointment in your response to my earlier question but it wasn't stated as a suggestion on their website. The website states that you must book a flexi appointment if you're a family and you want your application to be merged; if you're right then their statement is misleading.

Also, I never was able to choose the same time for a family of three; I never saw the same time slot again after choosing it for one member of the family.

Please share your experience when you eventually book your appointment.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kaakaa(f): 1:59am On Jun 03, 2019
FYsol:
15 Working days. (3 Weeks)
Monmarri:

Yes Salah holiday will make it 17days. Salah holiday is not a working day for uk embassy or Vsf.
It is 15 working days and weekend exclusive.
Thank you very much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kaakaa(f): 2:07am On Jun 03, 2019
nonoski:
Good day house,
Isn't this extortion?

I cancelled my VI appointment, and have gotten back my visa fee refund in about 3 weeks but I haven’t gotten that of VI center fee, that’s the 55gbp.... don’t know if it will be refunded....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Floraoye0417: 3:09am On Jun 03, 2019
Insist on collecting ur hard copy please. They just messed my friends mum application up cos the ECo that treated the case said he found no evidence of savings. After including their nonsense password n whatever. She wants to reapply with an hard copy n collect the e statement as well. So u can get both.
QUEENBIZ:
Hello my people, I will like to know if anyone have use the new E statement Accessbank claim they now issued for USA & UK visa applicant for their visa processing. I was surprised when I saw it myself.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by EkpeEkpe: 6:01am On Jun 03, 2019
Please who has any idea what the UK High Commission in Nigeria accepts as the exchange rate for Pounds Sterling for student visa. I want to know how much exactly I can manage to have in Naira so I can apply. Thank you for your kind assistance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by QUEENBIZ: 8:29am On Jun 03, 2019
You can use oanda currency converter.
EkpeEkpe:
Please who has any idea what the UK High Commission in Nigeria accepts as the exchange rate for Pounds Sterling for student visa. I want to know how much exactly I can manage to have in Naira so I can apply. Thank you for your kind assistance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tasho105(m): 8:39am On Jun 03, 2019
Morning my people, many thanks once again for your support and help during my 6mo visa application.
@Justwise...you are the hero.
I am now in the process of renewal...
my questions...
1. Can I apply for 2yrs visa or 6mo again?
2. Am i still using the same docs for renewal; if yes what docs do I need to add
3. Filled 8 days stay in the former but eventually spent 14 days in UK...Pls how do I explain this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MollyBank: 8:51am On Jun 03, 2019
olabisitaiye:
hello I need advice. I applied for a visitors visa some weeks ago with the intention of writing an exam during the visit but didn't mention the exam in my application. I used a sponsor. Now I was denied coz they said I didn't explain my finances. the exam I want to do has it's own visa ie plab visa. now am thinking should I reapply with for a plab visa or should I still just stick with my visitor's visa. will it look like am not honest? is each application treated independently of previous ones?

Hi, my husband will also be going to the UK for PLAB 2 exam. He was there last year for PLAB 1. He used PLAB as a reason and got his visa. He didn't use sponsor.

Now he will be going back fOR plab 2
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MollyBank: 8:56am On Jun 03, 2019
olabisitaiye:
hello I need advice. I applied for a visitors visa some weeks ago with the intention of writing an exam during the visit but didn't mention the exam in my application. I used a sponsor. Now I was denied coz they said I didn't explain my finances. the exam I want to do has it's own visa ie plab visa. now am thinking should I reapply with for a plab visa or should I still just stick with my visitor's visa. will it look like am not honest? is each application treated independently of previous ones?

Hi, my husband will also be going to the UK for PLAB 2 exam. He was there last year for PLAB 1. He used PLAB as a reason and got his visa. He didn't use sponsor.

Now he will be going back for plab 2 and his visa has expired. He's applying this week but this time he wants to use tourism instead of Plab. Reason being that he wants to travel months before the exam date for academy and we heard they deny visa if you mention academy.

So we are applying for tourist visa instead to avoid the long explanation especially at Heathrow.

Please what was the reason for your visa rejection?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jyyes: 9:16am On Jun 03, 2019
I had just collected my 2 years visa for myself and my wife, and 6 months for our 5 months old daughter on Friday. I submitted at Abuja on the 3rd of May. Now I am saying this base on experience. I choosed a regular appointment with assisted service for every member of the family. Although appointments isn’t as tight In Abj unlike VI and Ikeja.

I opened all 3 application in different browsers the same time, mine was on google chrome, my wife’s own was on Mozilla Firefox and my daughters own was on internet explorer, I choosed the same dates and time swiftly and it was around 11pm.

When we got there the security personnel at the entrance merged us as a family of 3. That’s it.

However, because of the rush and loads of application mostly in VI and Ikeja base on the summer break he will have to choose a much later date to get a regular assisted service because a lot of people are accessing the site at this time.

dcutey:

I remember you had stated that flexi isn't compulsory for a family appointment in your response to my earlier question but it wasn't stated as a suggestion on their website. The website states that you must book a flexi appointment if you're a family and you want your application to be merged; if you're right then their statement is misleading.

Also, I never was able to choose the same time for a family of three; I never saw the same time slot again after choosing it for one member of the family.

Please share your experience when you eventually book your appointment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by olabisitaiye: 9:16am On Jun 03, 2019
MollyBank:

Now he will be going back for plab 2 and his visa has expired. He's applying this week but this time he wants to use tourism instead of Plab. Reason being that he wants to travel months before the exam date for academy and we heard they deny visa if you mention academy.

So we are applying for tourist visa instead to avoid the long explanation especially at Heathrow.

Please what was the reason for your visa rejection?

they said I didn't explain my finances and they said I stated I was going for a Christian leadership program ( never mentioned such). I will advice he uses plab as reason for his visa. He can attend academy in Lagos.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jyyes: 9:19am On Jun 03, 2019
Thank you so much.

dcutey:

The cost of priority visa service is GBP 220 per person. The closest available date as of last Monday was 19th June and all time slots were for premium lounge service.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MollyBank: 9:29am On Jun 03, 2019
olabisitaiye:

they said I didn't explain my finances and they said I stated I was going for a Christian leadership program ( never mentioned such). I will advice he uses plab as reason for his visa. He can attend academy in Lagos.

Ok...Nah he will go for tourist visa. He's been given visa before, so that's a plus. Again, he's sponsoring himself just like the other time. He explained his finance and will do that again.

You can re-apply and explain your finance (that was a big oversight from you though. That's the main reason they deny people visa, even though you have a sponsor, you must explain your own finance).
Also, address the leadership programme too. Tell them you never mentioned anything like that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 9:50am On Jun 03, 2019
I think you should escalate.

irebami16:
the guru in the house can you please advise on what to do. my cousin applied and submitted his biometric for the UK visiting visa since April 1st, 2019 up till now no decision on the application.

We are tired can someone tell us what to do because its already pass the normal processing days. by June 1st it will be 2 months.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by flabroy: 12:40pm On Jun 03, 2019
I never said it guarantees anything. I was only speaking of coincidence that all my friends that has told me they got such mail ended up getting their visas.

Please how long do you think the visa will be release from your friends experiences
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FYsol: 12:48pm On Jun 03, 2019
Additional 1 week judging by my friends experiences

flabroy:
I never said it guarantees anything. I was only speaking of coincidence that all my friends that has told me they got such mail ended up getting their visas.

Please how long do you think the visa will be release from your friends experiences
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:53pm On Jun 03, 2019
tasho105:
Morning my people, many thanks once again for your support and help during my 6mo visa application.
@Justwise...you are the hero.
I am now in the process of renewal...
my questions...
1. Can I apply for 2yrs visa or 6mo again?
2. Am i still using the same docs for renewal; if yes what docs do I need to add
3. Filled 8 days stay in the former but eventually spent 14 days in UK...Pls how do I explain this?

1. Yes you can

2. You need to present an updated ones

3. I got no idea, you just to explain exactly what happened

(1) (2) (3) ... (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.