Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,712 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1532512 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jennytbell: 10:48pm On May 09, 2016
Hehe, I feel like sharing my transcript and this was last year December in lagos and my second time at that same embassy. embarassed. The below is the transcript
Vo: good morning can I have your passport
Me: good morning and I passed it across to him
Vo: why are you going to US
Me:I want to go to US for vacation purpose
Vo: Have you travelled out of Nig before
Me: yes I have
Vo: scanned through my passport again. I guess He was looking at the UK visa, then next thing am sorry bla bla bla
At this junction I am gonnna say good bye to US grin because their wahala pass what I can cope with jare and I have just obtain another UK visa so I am going to stick to Uk because I think they are sort of loyal cool. Good day
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by customised87: 8:56am On May 10, 2016
***modified post***
Never mind...i got it sorted already. Thanks

Hello everyone, does anyone know if Mid June dates are still available for interview? This is cos the prog we r applying to attend is in July and the IV just landed, so i want to be sure if we ll get a date for June before paying the visa fee or is there a way to check available dates? Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Chanbaby: 9:27am On May 10, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Them send u come? Ook if they sent u , tell them u saw me and I gave u these messages 1. If your brother is not married saying he is, is a lie and misrepresentation.
2. Na by force to go yankee?
3. Single people no dey get visa?
4. I don't advice fraudulent people
5. The devil is the father of all liars

LadyG is babe. Very funny woman grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Amarapearl: 2:26pm On May 10, 2016
@Lady G, God bless you for all the good work you have been doing here, please just a quick question, by next month i will be going for an interview with my husband, I want to ask if we will be interviewed together or separately,I had a traditional marriage and have a change of name, can i take my wedding photo book to the embassy? Pls reply
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tembuk(m): 3:08pm On May 10, 2016
Please the USA visa interview was about how best u can defend urself that u are coming back into naija if granted.... as long as u can defend and make dem see u have a tie back home.....................
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:08pm On May 10, 2016
Amarapearl:
@Lady G, God bless you for all the good work you have been doing here, please just a quick question, by next month i will be going for an interview with my husband, I want to ask if we will be interviewed together or separately,I had a traditional marriage and have a change of name, can i take my wedding photo book to the embassy? Pls reply
Together... Just stay together and when they call you up indicate you're with your husband.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tembuk(m): 3:12pm On May 10, 2016
Amarapearl:

you will be interviewed together ... and you dont need ur photo book if u can just get few of the pictures printed its ok... and pls ur purpose of visit and why u choose the location is important.. give them good reason why u choose the location if its base on tourism or vacation.... and show most importantly ur tie back home.... best of luck .. you docs might not even be requested. i was deny though cos i guess i was nervous.. dont be just be urself and God be with u

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by yomisley: 3:28pm On May 10, 2016
Congratulations. will be going for interview very soon. i pray goodness and mercies follow me

PeeeTeee:
I want to use this medium to thank everyone that has taken time to post their transcripts here. They have all been helpful to people like me.
i have bn reading this section for close to 4 months before i even submitted my application online and book my interview. i must confess that reading everything here has been helpful. I told God that i am going to post my transcript.
i think God matters in US interview because i saw a single guy that has only been to Ghana that was given. he was goin on visiting. it is just God and proper filling of ur DS 160 form.
i was only asked 3 questions today n i was approved.
i didnt mind any CO because i believe God can only choose for one at that point in time.
Saw ppl approved n denied but didnt pay attention to anybody just waiting for my own turn.
transcript:
VO: Good mornin
Me: Good mornin( i was entangled in fear being the first time)
VO: why/where are u goin to in US( I dint hear weda is why or where) i dint hear her properly
Me: am goin to NY to attend a conference
VO: wat s d conference title
Me: d conference is on........
VO:wat do u do
Me: i work as an ..... wit so so company
VO: typing profusely
VO: Hav u travelled outside Nigeria before
Me: I have bn to Ghana n The Gambia
VO: Typing- pls come back in the next 3 days for ur visa. i dint hear d rest. collected my white paper n was just laughing...it dint last 4 mins
thank u everyone.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Midastorch(m): 3:29pm On May 10, 2016
Hello everyone,I am new here...My cousin who is a permanent residence in the State decided to invite me for him and his wife'said wedding anniversary which will hold sometimes in July..He has sent me a letter to that, and copy of his card...I work in a bank and I've been given leave to that effect..Please I need to know what and what I should be expecting during the interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by birg84: 3:46pm On May 10, 2016
Hi all. Please is there somewhere @ the Lagos Consulate to:
1.Take the recommended passport photo?
2. keep your bag , car keys or phones at the Lagos Consulate or can i go in with the bag and keys at least?
I'm a first timer, pardon if my questions are mundane.
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tmeeto: 3:58pm On May 10, 2016
i uploaded a passport photography when i was filling the DS160 form online. Do i still have to take along a physical passport Photograph (hardcopy) ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:16pm On May 10, 2016
Amarapearl:
1. Together. You are a family
2. If you have a wedding album and want to carry it, why not? If it will give u the confidence you need. Hiwever, vo's rarely look at pictures
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:21pm On May 10, 2016
tmeeto:
i uploaded a passport photography when i was filling the DS160 form online. Do i still have to take along a physical passport Photograph (hardcopy) ?
Ideally no.
But even after uploading my passport, the dbl folks insisted on getting a passport pix and that was the one they used. So I believe it won't hurt to carry along a passport. Its just one passpt pix innit?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Amarapearl: 5:06pm On May 10, 2016
@ all thanks for the reply, i am grateful
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by evamum: 6:04pm On May 10, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Ideally no.
But even after uploading my passport, the dbl folks insisted on getting a passport pix and that was the one they used. So I believe it won't hurt to carry along a passport. Its just one passpt pix innit?

@LadyGuinivere: Pls am having issue uploading passport, can I do without it and just bring in a copy on the interview date?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:47pm On May 10, 2016
evamum:

@LadyGuinivere: Pls am having issue uploading passport, can I do without it and just bring in a copy on the interview date?
Yes u can
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by evamum: 7:05pm On May 10, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Yes u can

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by adebrave(f): 9:25pm On May 10, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

17 year old -yes
21 year old -no

Go to the appointment page and Book the same time frame for both applicants or call in and ask them to book the same time frame for them

My presido thanks a lot. I appreciate. God bless you #LadyGuinivere4president#teamLadyG#
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by estateallen: 12:05am On May 11, 2016
Congrats.... Please when are you coming to the UK ?
jennytbell:
Hehe, I feel like sharing my transcript and this was last year December in lagos and my second time at that same embassy. embarassed. The below is the transcript
Vo: good morning can I have your passport
Me: good morning and I passed it across to him
Vo: why are you going to US
Me:I want to go to US for vacation purpose
Vo: Have you travelled out of Nig before
Me: yes I have
Vo: scanned through my passport again. I guess He was looking at the UK visa, then next thing am sorry bla bla bla
At this junction I am gonnna say good bye to US grin because their wahala pass what I can cope with jare and I have just obtain another UK visa so I am going to stick to Uk because I think they are sort of loyal cool. Good day
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by estateallen: 12:18am On May 11, 2016
Hello, please when are you traveling to the UK ?
Ayokunle07:
Thank you all. Wifey and I were at the embassy for the 7am appointment and we got our visas approved. I shall share the transcript soon.

Once again, I appreciate all the contributors on nairaland for the wealth of information that's been shared here. God bless you all.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by steve4ever: 1:56am On May 11, 2016
Please....advic needed. A friend of mine, her sister in usa has sent an iv to her illetrate mum last 2wks. But she's confuse how 2go abt it and d needed docu 4d interview bside how ll she book 4date nd filling of DS160.... Have tried to hep her go bak to part 1, but omo d pages naa die.....kindly be of help pls
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iyaaliyah: 2:46am On May 11, 2016
Sorry
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 4:59am On May 11, 2016
iyaaliyah:
Goodmorning all. Welldone LadyG. Please, is there any lawyer that is planning to attend IBA conference?
Does anyone know how many months visa is issued for conference?
This year's conference is BTW 18-23 September, about a week. Does US issue the normal 2year visa for conferences or just to cover the duration? Thank you.

The normal standard given to everybody is 2 years. but on a rare occasions they give out just for the duration of the intended period of visitation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kooljay5: 5:00am On May 11, 2016
I want to thank all of you who made my journey yesterday a successful one. LadyG and others, FrontPageLawyer.Thanks alot. My family and I all got Visa to US yesterday.
Henceforth i will support this thread by making meaningful contributions

Transcript

V.O: Goodmornin

Me:Goodmorning

V.O: Your passports

Me: Passed 5passports

V.O: Where are you going

Me: 328...

V.O:What do you do

Me:I'm a quan...

V.O: Madam what do you do

Wife: Im a stay at home mom

all this while he was busy typing and looking at us

V.O: why did you chose NewJersy

Me: Because thats where we have our family friend

V.O: Have you traveled before

Me: No
Wife: No

V.O: Your visa is approved.

9 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by itstpia8: 5:03am On May 11, 2016
that's nice.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kooljay5: 5:04am On May 11, 2016
tmeeto:

yes.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kooljay5: 5:16am On May 11, 2016
birg84:
Hi all. Please is there somewhere @ the Lagos Consulate to:
1.Take the recommended passport photo?
2. keep your bag , car keys or phones at the Lagos Consulate or can i go in with the bag and keys at least?
I'm a first timer, pardon if my questions are mundane.
Thanks

Yes. There is a park close to the US embassy. drive in you will see people who keep belongings for others. But I think they will charge you for that.Though I do not know if they can be trusted, I saw other people keeping theirs with them. You can go with your car key. better snap your passport before going, 6 copies is 1500 or 2000 there. Also be careful of those who will ask you to make colored photocopies of ur int'l passport data page. Not a requirement by the Embassy.

Arrange your documents as follows

Appointment Letter
Ds160 form
Gtb receipts
photocopy of int'l passport

Remember to hold your original passport.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by simababe(f): 5:37am On May 11, 2016
@birg84, we kept all our belongings in the car n took the car key in with us during the interview. Besides y not snap ur passport somewhere else. I snapd it 900 for 4 copies inside ikota and 500 for anoda 4 copies in yabatech.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:00am On May 11, 2016
kooljay5:
I want to thank all of you who made my journey yesterday a successful one. LadyG and others, FrontPageLawyer.Thanks alot. My family and I all got Visa to US yesterday.
Henceforth i will support this thread by making meaningful contributions

Transcript

V.O: Goodmornin

Me:Goodmorning

V.O: Your passports

Me: Passed 5passports

V.O: Where are you going

Me: 328...

V.O:What do you do

Me:I'm a quan...

V.O: Madam what do you do

Wife: Im a stay at home mom

all this while he was busy typing and looking at us

V.O: why did you chose NewJersy

Me: Because thats where we have our family friend

V.O: Have you traveled before

Me: No
Wife: No

V.O: Your visa is approved.
Say whaaaat?! Congrats! Please what's your income bracket and how long have u worked as a quan...
To add some perspective for other readers mbok. So'son'
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iyaaliyah: 7:22am On May 11, 2016
kennycanny, thank you. Please, here is our plan. My husband and I planning a vacation around that August /sept when the Conference is taking place so can my husband apply with me so we can spend extra 5days after Conference. IBA allows accompanying person to register for 350dollars. So we are planning to pay for him for the conference as accompanying person.

Secondly, I am a member of the International Bar Association and I will receive my membership card in weeks to come. The conference fee is over a thousand dollars.

Now, is it better I go alone?
Can I use just my membership card.
I will sponsor myself but will get a letter from office.

Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:47am On May 11, 2016
iyaaliyah:
kennycanny, thank you. Please, here is our plan. My husband and I planning a vacation around that August /sept when the Conference is taking place so can my husband apply with me so we can spend extra 5days after Conference. IBA allows accompanying person to register for 350dollars. So we are planning to pay for him for the conference as accompanying person.

Secondly, I am a member of the International Bar Association and I will receive my membership card in weeks to come. The conference fee is over a thousand dollars. Must I pay so as to take the receipt to the embassy or will my membership card suffice and hotel booking? Reason is if I am not issued visa, I wnt loose much (tho registration fee is refundable after charges have been deducted)

Now, is it better I go alone?
Can I use just my membership card and pay when I have my visa?
I will sponsor myself but will get a letter from office. Salary is 250k and I do other lawyer work by the side.

Thanks.
Cc: LadyGuinivere, pocketlawyer
1. If you are a member of the IBA, please go long with the card.
2. We have seen people that paid and people that didn't pay get visa and vice versa. In my opinion I believe a paid conference has more weight but that's a risk u gotta take.
3. In deciding whether your husband will accompany u, I have these questions, is he a lawyer? What's the purpose of an accompanying person? Or is he just going for vacation? All these are the questions that the vo may ask. So ponder on the answers.
4. Though u didn't ask this, how is the IBA conference gonna benefit u?

My own question. How does one register for the iba? I may want to go sef. Sounds like a great opportubity to widen my horizon. Did NBA give u any reference or Something?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iyaaliyah: 8:21am On May 11, 2016
1. Yes, I am. And I want to pay my annual membership fee now of about 153GBP.
3. He is not a lawyer but IBA allows accompanying party and such person must not be a lawyer. Conference fee is 305dolls for accompanying person.
Furthermore, we do go for vacation around that sept. If I will be going for conference, it means our pattern has kinda been disrupted so we decided to go together for sightseeing for 4days after the conference. It is not a must sha, we can drop the idea if it will affect my application.
4. IBA conference will atleast enable me meet other lawyers and other members while ofcourse widen my horizon as you have said.

Your question :i will post the website shortly. It's $1,8950 for registration.
Thanks. Pls evaluate my responses above.

LadyGuinivere:

1. If you are a member of the IBA, please go long with the card.
2. We have seen people that paid and people that didn't pay get visa and vice versa. In my opinion I believe a paid conference has more weight but that's a risk u gotta take.
3. In deciding whether your husband will accompany u, I have these questions, is he a lawyer? What's the purpose of an accompanying person? Or is he just going for vacation? All these are the questions that the vo may ask. So ponder on the answers.
4. Though u didn't ask this, how is the IBA conference gonna benefit u?

My own question. How does one register for the iba? I may want to go sef. Sounds like a great opportubity to widen my horizon. Did NBA give u any reference or Something?

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.