Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1539046 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kooljay5: 9:26am On May 11, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Say whaaaat?! Congrats! Please what's your income bracket and how long have u worked as a quan...
To add some perspective for other readers mbok. So'son'

between 400k to 600k

I have bn working since 2009
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kooljay5: 9:51am On May 11, 2016
steve4ever:
Please....advic needed. A friend of mine, her sister in usa has sent an iv to her illetrate mum last 2wks. But she's confuse how 2go abt it and d needed docu 4d interview bside how ll she book 4date nd filling of DS160.... Have tried to hep her go bak to part 1, but omo d pages naa die.....kindly be of help pls

You can tell your friend in US to help her mother fill the form and book interview for mother. All she need do is to send the details for printing, after filling the form. She should remember to indicate the language Mama understands better. To avoid Story story that day.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:18am On May 11, 2016
steve4ever:
Please....advic needed. A friend of mine, her sister in usa has sent an iv to her illetrate mum last 2wks. But she's confuse how 2go abt it and d needed docu 4d interview bside how ll she book 4date nd filling of DS160.... Have tried to hep her go bak to part 1, but omo d pages naa die.....kindly be of help pls
Cc:midastorch
Nothing good comes easy.
The procedure for applying and documents for a us visa is on their website. Read it. Or tell the person that wants her mother to visit to read it.
Please be of help first then we Can help u CLARIFY unclear issues
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Hadez(f): 10:45am On May 11, 2016
Somebody please help me!!! !!! cry

I filled an appointment date and the whole information are mine including the passport number and receipt number. But the name on the appointment letter is wrong. It should be my name but it was someone's else's name on it.

I sent a mail to the embassy later and I was asked to cancel and reschedule with a new profile which I did but still no corrections were made(the profile is yet to be updated). Please help me. Can I still go ahead with my interview with someone else's name? I hope it will not seem like a fraud to me. Please help me. Please LadyGuinivere please help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Hadez(f): 11:31am On May 11, 2016
justwise:

Those two names are not the same so it's a problem
Please justwise help me, I have the same problem. The name on my appointment date is different from the one on my other data. The agent who helped me out made a grace mistake. I have sent a mail and I was told to cancel and reschedule while I did but my profile wasn't updated.

Please help me can I still go for the interview with it having any error? All other documents are correct including the ones on my appointment date. Except from the name. Please help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by birg84: 12:52pm On May 11, 2016
kooljay5:

Completely forgot about the photocopy of int'l passport.
Much appreciated

Yes. There is a park close to the US embassy. drive in you will see people who keep belongings for others. But I think they will charge you for that.Though I do not know if they can be trusted, I saw other people keeping theirs with them. You can go with your car key. better snap your passport before going, 6 copies is 1500 or 2000 there. Also be careful of those who will ask you to make colored photocopies of ur int'l passport data page. Not a requirement by the Embassy.

Arrange your documents as follows

Appointment Letter
Ds160 form
Gtb receipts
photocopy of int'l passport

Remember to hold your original passport.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:03pm On May 11, 2016
kooljay5:
I want to thank all of you who made my journey yesterday a successful one. LadyG and others, FrontPageLawyer.Thanks alot. My family and I all got Visa to US yesterday.
Henceforth i will support this thread by making meaningful contributions

Transcript

V.O: Goodmornin

Me:Goodmorning

V.O: Your passports

Me: Passed 5passports

V.O: Where are you going

Me: 328...

V.O:What do you do

Me:I'm a quan...

V.O: Madam what do you do

Wife: Im a stay at home mom

all this while he was busy typing and looking at us

V.O: why did you chose NewJersy

Me: Because thats where we have our family friend

V.O: Have you traveled before

Me: No
Wife: No

V.O: Your visa is approved.
congrats

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:10pm On May 11, 2016
iyaaliyah:
kennycanny, thank you. Please, here is our plan. My husband and I planning a vacation around that August /sept when the Conference is taking place so can my husband apply with me so we can spend extra 5days after Conference. IBA allows accompanying person to register for 350dollars. So we are planning to pay for him for the conference as accompanying person.

Secondly, I am a member of the International Bar Association and I will receive my membership card in weeks to come. The conference fee is over a thousand dollars. Must I pay so as to take the receipt to the embassy or will my membership card suffice and hotel booking? Reason is if I am not issued visa, I wnt loose much (tho registration fee is refundable after charges have been deducted)

Now, is it better I go alone?
Can I use just my membership card and pay when I have my visa?
I will sponsor myself but will get a letter from office. Salary is 250k and I do other lawyer work by the side.

Thanks.
Cc: LadyGuinivere, pocketlawyer
I think I have an idea of how these conference work.. My bro applied with his wife for ican conference.
1) Your husband can apply for visa as well so far he has paid his spouse fee and also he will attend the conference
2) Pay for the conference because it will add more weight and also credibility
3) Both of your pay must be above average (i.e a month or 2 salary can cover both of your expenses)
4) Make arrangement on who will look after the kids because the V.O will ask you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:18pm On May 11, 2016
Hadez:

I filled an appointment date and the whole information are mine including the passport number and receipt number. But the name on the appointment letter is wrong. It should be my name but it was someone's else's name on it.

I sent a mail to the embassy later and I was asked to cancel and reschedule with a new profile which I did but still no corrections were made(the profile is yet to be updated). Please help me. Can I still go ahead with my interview with someone else's name? I hope it will not seem like a fraud to me. Please help me. Please LadyGuinivere please help
Call them asap
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:21pm On May 11, 2016
Hadez:

Can you go for your interview with another name on the confirmation page ? shocked I am amazed that one can ask that. The answer is no.
There's nothing anybody here can do for u. U haveto keep on calling until the ish is sorted. Calls. Emails. More calls

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Hadez(f): 1:43pm On May 11, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Can you go for your interview with another name on the confirmation page ? shocked I am amazed that one can ask that. The answer is no.
There's nothing anybody here can do for u. U haveto keep on calling until the ish is sorted. Calls. Emails. More calls

The name on my confirmation page is mine, but the name on the appointment letter is different. I have sent mails and it has been cancelled so I tried creating the names but the profile wouldn't change. It keeps showing someone else's name.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by elkharpone: 1:48pm On May 11, 2016
Hi Guys,

Please can someone tell me how much is the visa fee for B1/B2 visa type?

Thanks much!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:57pm On May 11, 2016
elkharpone:
Hi Guys,

Please can someone tell me how much is the visa fee for B1/B2 visa type?

Thanks much!
Check the embassy website! Thanks much!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Hadez(f): 2:06pm On May 11, 2016
seyewest:
Hnmmmmmmmmm there's a way around it but keep calling and mailing.

I have sent multiple mails to them. I am not getting instant replies that is why I am seeking help on nairaland
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by elkharpone: 2:08pm On May 11, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Check the embassy website! Thanks much!
the amount is in dollars "$160" I guess.
But I wanna know the naira equivalent..
Graciáz mucho!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:14pm On May 11, 2016
elkharpone:
the amount is in dollars "$160" I guess.
But I wanna know the naira equivalent..
Graciáz mucho!
Exchange rate is also on the website...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:17pm On May 11, 2016
seyewest:
Hnmmmmmmmmm there's a way around it but keep calling and mailing.
Don't be angry ehhh but comments like this make one sound like one is phishing or an agent. If you have a solution why not share so others in the same boat can read and learn. Peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 11, 2016
Woah congratulations pls was it in lagos?
kooljay5:
I want to thank all of you who made my journey yesterday a successful one. LadyG and others, FrontPageLawyer.Thanks alot. My family and I all got Visa to US yesterday.
Henceforth i will support this thread by making meaningful contributions

Transcript

V.O: Goodmornin

Me:Goodmorning

V.O: Your passports

Me: Passed 5passports

V.O: Where are you going

Me: 328...

V.O:What do you do

Me:I'm a quan...

V.O: Madam what do you do

Wife: Im a stay at home mom

all this while he was busy typing and looking at us

V.O: why did you chose NewJersy

Me: Because thats where we have our family friend

V.O: Have you traveled before

Me: No
Wife: No

V.O: Your visa is approved.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:23pm On May 11, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Don't be angry ehhh but comments like this make one sound like one is phishing or an agent. If you have a solution why not share so others in the same boat can read and learn. Peace
but I put smiley face now... I'm not angry and not an agent. Where is Chloe?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 11, 2016
Hadez:

I have sent multiple mails to them. I am not getting instant replies that is why I am seeking help on nairaland
Flooding them with emails just clogs their email box.

Wait for a few days....im sure if you are patient you will see that your profile will be updated.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:51pm On May 11, 2016
Pulse234:
@ladyguinivere please I need to ask you a few questions about visa app. Will u please send me msg via my email? Kramerpulse@yahoo.com so I could get on with it, sorry for the long tin. Tanks
No dearie I Won't. That's why there's a thread so u can ask lawful questions and be given lawful opinions.
Sorry for the long thing
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Hadez(f): 6:21pm On May 11, 2016
salsera:

Flooding them with emails just clogs their email box.

Wait for a few days....im sure if you are patient you will see that your profile will be updated.

Tnx dear. I have been doing that. Still doing it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by yomisley: 8:04pm On May 11, 2016
did your relative sent you invitation just asking ni ooo lol. very short interview with approval just wondering.

LadyGuinivere:

Say whaaaat?! Congrats! Please what's your income bracket and how long have u worked as a quan...
To add some perspective for other readers mbok. So'son'
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iyaaliyah: 8:28pm On May 11, 2016
@seyewest, thanks very much.
He even just say now that he no go.

Pls, is the application form for the conference the usual ds160? If yes, is it business visa or visitor visa that am going for?

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 9:30pm On May 11, 2016
Hadez:

The name on my confirmation page is mine, but the name on the appointment letter is different. I have sent mails and it has been cancelled so I tried creating the names but the profile wouldn't change. It keeps showing someone else's name.

You will have to make another payment and create a new profile. If I were u I will fight with that agent and he must make the new payment from his pocket. Even had the effrontery to give you d appt page like that! Is he mad?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 11, 2016
iyaaliyah:
He even just say now that he no go so I guess he will be my tie to my home country. Lolll.

Pls, is the application form for the conference the usual ds160? If yes, is it business visa or visitor visa that am going for?

Thanks.
Cc: LadyGuinivere

yes the usual ds160, B1/B2 is for business and tourism, when you are filling the ds160 you will see what suites your application
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:10pm On May 11, 2016
iyaaliyah:
He even just say now that he no go so I guess he will be my tie to my home country. Lolll.

Thanks.
Cc: LadyGuinivere

Too bad but you will apply under B1 Business tourism and that means you have to attend the conference first.

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.