Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,243 members, 7,829,443 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1538645 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:15pm On May 11, 2016
@Chloe you don scarce like Tomato and petrol ooooo grin grin grin hope all is well?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iyaaliyah: 10:58pm On May 11, 2016
Thanks. Pls what do you mean I have to attend the conference first? Like my first place of arrival? Thanx

seyewest:
Too bad but you will apply under B1 Business tourism and that means you have to attend the conference first.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iyaaliyah: 11:04pm On May 11, 2016
Congrats.

PeeeTeee:
I want to use this medium to thank everyone that has taken time to post their transcripts here. They have all been helpful to people like me.
i have bn reading this section for close to 4 months before i even submitted my application online and book my interview. i must confess that reading everything here has been helpful. I told God that i am going to post my transcript.
i think God matters in US interview because i saw a single guy that has only been to Ghana that was given. he was goin on visiting. it is just God and proper filling of ur DS 160 form.
i was only asked 3 questions today n i was approved.
i didnt mind any CO because i believe God can only choose for one at that point in time.
Saw ppl approved n denied but didnt pay attention to anybody just waiting for my own turn.
transcript:
VO: Good mornin
Me: Good mornin( i was entangled in fear being the first time)
VO: why/where are u goin to in US( I dint hear weda is why or where) i dint hear her properly
Me: am goin to NY to attend a conference
VO: wat s d conference title
Me: d conference is on........
VO:wat do u do
Me: i work as an ..... wit so so company
VO: typing profusely
VO: Hav u travelled outside Nigeria before
Me: I have bn to Ghana n The Gambia
VO: Typing- pls come back in the next 3 days for ur visa. i dint hear d rest. collected my white paper n was just laughing...it dint last 4 mins
thank u everyone.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:19pm On May 11, 2016
iyaaliyah:

Thanks. Pls what do you mean I have to attend the conference first? Like my first place of arrival? Thanx

Since it's a business visa your first trip to the U.S must for the conference then you can visit the U.S for another tourism/vacation purposes.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iyaaliyah: 11:32pm On May 11, 2016
Okay. Now I get. Thanks for your answers.

seyewest:
Since it's a business visa your first trip to the U.S must for the conference then you can visit the U.S for another tourism/vacation purposes.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:01am On May 12, 2016
iyaaliyah:
Okay. Now I get. Thanks for your answers.

Don't mention ma
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lambaprince: 6:47am On May 12, 2016
My wife is a green card holder and is planning on inviting me to spend few weeks this summer. Pls I will like to know what my chances are giving we just got married two month ago...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 7:30am On May 12, 2016
lambaprince:
My wife is a green card holder and is planning on inviting me to spend few weeks this summer. Pls I will like to know what my chances are giving we just got married two month ago...
Not any fault of yours, this kind of case most time equals "on a long thing" for applicants. It will take you a whole lot of extra ties and work to get a B1/B2 visa, really (you could let us in on a fair knowledge of your strong ties possibly for analysis purposes)! If I may advice, I will say the earlier you went into the immigrant visa foray and pursue same for yourself (of course it takes some good time, just be ready to sit it out oh) the better for you boss.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lambaprince: 8:33am On May 12, 2016
So you suggest I just let her file for me and wait then, because I don't really have any visible ties except my Timber and cocoa business and a landed property
OmoBendel24:

Not any fault of yours, this kind of case most time equals "on a long thing" for applicants. It will take you a whole lot of extra ties and work to get a B1/B2 visa, really (you could let us in on a fair knowledge of your strong ties possibly for analysis purposes)! If I may advice, I will say the earlier you went into the immigrant visa foray and pursue same for yourself (of course it takes some good time, just be ready to sit it out oh) the better for you boss.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by birg84: 9:06am On May 12, 2016
Good morning all.
Do i need to make a hotel reservation before my interview tomorrow?
Thanks guys
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by romichbanks: 9:10am On May 12, 2016
Hello Everyone! I have been a silent reader here for well over 3 months. I had by interview yesterday. I was only asked 2 questions and my visa got an approval. Deemed it best and necessary to share this and thank you guys as this platform was really an advantage. Thanks guys!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Midastorch(m): 10:59am On May 12, 2016
Please I need you guy advise on an error made by me...While filling my d160 form I put June 12th as my intended day of travelling and june 13th as my interview date..talked to my cousin this morning he said I should have made it 2 months before my travelling date,this I do not know before...my question is should I create a new application as I've sent my confirmation page to my email mail..Please a swift reply will be appreciated.thanks
Please guys I would appreciate if someone can put me through on this issue
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:25am On May 12, 2016
birg84:
Good morning all.
Do i need to make a hotel reservation before my interview tomorrow?
Thanks guys
Yes but book it in a way that you will pay on arrival and can cancel for free
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:26am On May 12, 2016
romichbanks:
Hello Everyone! I have been a silent reader here for well over 3 months. I had by interview yesterday. I was only asked 2 questions and my visa got an approval. Deemed it best and necessary to share this and thank you guys as this platform was really an advantage. Thanks guys!
Congrats please can you share the transcript with us...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kbuddie: 11:38am On May 12, 2016
romichbanks:

Congratulations, care to share ur transcript?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:10pm On May 12, 2016
@seyewest

Your coded answer to questions here gives me funny feeling, give clear and open answer to questions and not answers that will lead to 'pm'

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ayokunle07(m): 12:14pm On May 12, 2016
UK ke? I have no business with the UK oo. If you meant the US, we are not certain yet but we are tentatively looking at October.

estateallen:
Hello, please when are you traveling to the UK ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:16pm On May 12, 2016
Hadez:
Please justwise help me, I have the same problem. The name on my appointment date is different from the one on my other data. The agent who helped me out made a grace mistake. I have sent a mail and I was told to cancel and reschedule while I did but my profile wasn't updated.

Please help me can I still go for the interview with it having any error? All other documents are correct including the ones on my appointment date. Except from the name. Please help

Did you see this reply the VO gave you in the other thread?

abujaniv:

Hello Hadez,

The name on your passport must match the name on your DS160 application. It is not the Embassy you need to contact but CGI Nigeria.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by overlord77: 12:17pm On May 12, 2016
Hadez:
Please justwise help me, I have the same problem. The name on my appointment date is different from the one on my other data. The agent who helped me out made a grace mistake. I have sent a mail and I was told to cancel and reschedule while I did but my profile wasn't updated.

Please help me can I still go for the interview with it having any error? All other documents are correct including the ones on my appointment date. Except from the name. Please help

Please, can I ask a question here? Why do people use agents for something as important as this?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Jenonye(f): 12:52pm On May 12, 2016
hello house, pls I need urgent reply to this question. my interview is coming up soon. I plan on going to new jersey cos my sis lives there, but we would also like to visit new York cos I heard its close and has a lot of tourist attractions. the question is this, during my interview do I tell the vo that I will also visit new York for sight seeing if he asks what I want to do in us? thx
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by henryugo97: 1:10pm On May 12, 2016
thanks he has already sent another one going for my interview next week
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by henryugo97: 1:30pm On May 12, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

He is too busy to send an email ? #scepticalface
No more time ? Is the letter coming via nipost? #wideeyes
You are about to go to the US in 3 weeks? Hm indeed #choosethefaceyouwant
Not that the iv letter has any weight sha but dude, if this is the sorta 'story' you will tell at the embassy, then don't waste your visa money
Editing a letter to add your name is forgery. U should know bettert than to ask For advice n if to commit an offence.
If your brother does not want to send u an email it means he does not want u to visit him.
thanks he has sent another one going for my interview next week
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 2:19pm On May 12, 2016
lambaprince:
So you suggest I just let her file for me and wait then, because I don't really have any visible ties except my Timber and cocoa business and a landed property
I will strongly suggest so. But then don't get me wrong, they issue NIVs to people of this your classification but RARELY! Do you have and can marshal constructively your strong points when faced with an interview at the embassy? You can take your chances if you wish then. Sit down and assess you and be sure there is much ties to ever bring you back to Naija, be frank with yourself oh. Major advice is don't attempt any form of misrepresentation or falsification if you do apply else you ruin your IV chances in the future.
NB: I have seen people with so so strong ties that ordinarily can not be refused an NIVisa so to speak being refused because of this snag. They eventually got the IV and are greencard holders but can't even afford to do more than a week to 10days in the US or even outside Naija. That's the ish bro!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Temmybot(f): 2:56pm On May 12, 2016
Good day house. I have a cousin in the US, he intend to send an invite for me and my 2year old son. What I want to know now is that; will the invitation be granted without my husband going with us?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Midastorch(m): 4:33pm On May 12, 2016
Please peep's my issue seems critical for me but I'm sure people with experience can help me out....I finished my ds160 for yesterday midnight and picked 12th for my intended date for travelling,my cousin that invited me said I should have given 2months prior ...my question is that after the confirmation page and scheduled interview
can I cancel the already confirmed application or I should just leave it as it is.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 6:22pm On May 12, 2016
justwise:
@seyewest

Your coded answer to questions here gives me funny feeling, give clear and open answer to questions and not answers that will lead to 'pm'

Thank you.

Bros no coded answer oooo..... And I've promised to assist as much as I can by sharing what I know about issues on the forum. There's no need to feel funny.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 6:25pm On May 12, 2016
Midastorch:
Please peep's my issue seems critical for me but I'm sure people with experience can help me out....I finished my ds160 for yesterday midnight and picked 12th for my intended date for travelling,my cousin that invited me said I should have given 2months prior ...my question is that after the confirmation page and scheduled interview
can I cancel the already confirmed application or I should just leave it as it is.
I think your cousin is wrong... You should go ahead with your interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 6:40pm On May 12, 2016
seyewest:
I think your cousin is wrong... You should go ahead with your interview.
I think his intended date of arrival in the US is earlier than the date he got for his interview or so. That won't work as it is! One of the options opened to him is to go the DS-160 form replacement route by filling another form to reflect adjustments in his travel plans (if the new dates will still be okay for him oh) to some few working days after his interview at the embassy. I remember I got my first US visa approved at the interview in Lagos just 2 work days (Wednesday) to my intended travel date (Friday) and didn't get my passport back till 3 days after (Monday) and this wasn't even an issue then, I doubt if that is an issue to be downplayed in this day and time with the US Embassy in Nigeria. #LeaveNoStoneUnturnedRemainsMyAdvice

NB: @Midastorch; a run through your posts on this topic reveals some inconsistencies anyways
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kooljay5: 7:00pm On May 12, 2016
[quote author=Jenonye post=45550894]hello house, pls I need urgent reply to this question. my interview is coming up soon. I plan on going to new jersey cos my sis lives there, but we would also like to visit new York cos I heard its close and has a lot of tourist attractions. the question is this, during my interview do I tell the vo that I will also visit new York for sight seeing if he asks what I want to do in us? thx[/quot
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kooljay5: 7:02pm On May 12, 2016
Jenonye:
hello house, pls I need urgent reply to this question. my interview is coming up soon. I plan on going to new jersey cos my sis lives there, but we would also like to visit new York cos I heard its close and has a lot of tourist attractions. the question is this, during my interview do I tell the vo that I will also visit new York for sight seeing if he asks what I want to do in us? thx

There's nothing wrong in stating the places you would like to visit, if asked. But if not asked, my brother, mbok close your mouth, maka adigi amama
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Midastorch(m): 7:16pm On May 12, 2016
OmoBendel24:

I think his intended date of arrival in the US is earlier than the date he got for his interview or so. That won't work as it is! One of the options opened to him is to go the DS-160 form replacement route by filling another form to reflect adjustments in his travel plans (if the new dates will still be okay for him oh) to some few working days after his interview at the embassy. I remember I got my first US visa approved at the interview in Lagos just 2 work days (Wednesday) to my intended travel date (Friday) and didn't get my passport back till 3 days after (Monday) and this wasn't even an issue then, I doubt if that is an issue to be downplayed in this day and time with the US Embassy in Nigeria. #LeaveNoStoneUnturnedRemainsMyAdvice

NB: @Midastorch; a run through your posts on this topic reveals some inconsistencies anyways

thank you my brother,please how do I go about the replacement route,or do you mean I should start my application all over again? As per the inconsistencies in my posts maybe I'm confused myself.thanks all the same
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:01pm On May 12, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Glad u saw the inconsistencies and kiri kiri klegs

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.