Stats: 3,156,279 members, 7,829,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1538716 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:04pm On May 12, 2016
kooljay5:

There's nothing wrong in stating the places you would like to visit, if asked. But if not asked, my brother, mbok close your mouth, maka adigi amama
See me see trouble o! Don't u know I patented the word 'mbok'?! cheesy how dare u use it without permission!
Oya pay me my royalties na naaaaaa! cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Midastorch(m): 8:24pm On May 12, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Glad u saw the inconsistencies and kiri kiri klegs
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Midastorch(m): 8:30pm On May 12, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Glad u saw the inconsistencies and kiri kiri klegs
I know ignorance is not an exuse,but please how do I edit an already submitted Ds160 form? I want to change my intended travelling date my cousin said it would have been better if I had made it like two months after submission...I hope you would be able to help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Temmybot(f): 8:48pm On May 12, 2016
Temmybot:
Good day house. I have a cousin in the US, he intend to send an invite for me and my 2year old son. What I want to know now is that; will the invitation be granted without my husband going with us?
pls house, attend to my question
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:03pm On May 12, 2016
OmoBendel24:

I think his intended date of arrival in the US is earlier than the date he got for his interview or so. That won't work as it is! One of the options opened to him is to go the DS-160 form replacement route by filling another form to reflect adjustments in his travel plans (if the new dates will still be okay for him oh) to some few working days after his interview at the embassy. I remember I got my first US visa approved at the interview in Lagos just 2 work days (Wednesday) to my intended travel date (Friday) and didn't get my passport back till 3 days after (Monday) and this wasn't even an issue then, I doubt if that is an issue to be downplayed in this day and time with the US Embassy in Nigeria. #LeaveNoStoneUnturnedRemainsMyAdvice

NB: @Midastorch; a run through your posts on this topic reveals some inconsistencies anyways
I'm very sorry I was looking at where he said he should space it for 2 months
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kooljay5: 9:18pm On May 12, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

See me see trouble o! Don't u know I patented the word 'mbok'?! cheesy how dare u use it without permission!

Ahhhh!! Lady G. Twale for strong Lady. Abeg Tamper yustice with mercy. Mbok it will nt happen again. lipsrsealed
LadyGuinivere:

Ahhhh!! Lady G. Twale for strong Lady. Abeg Tamper yustice with mercy. Mbok it will nt happen again.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kooljay5: 9:24pm On May 12, 2016
Temmybot:

Of course you can go without your husband. But who will be paying for your trip? And why is your husband not going with you? Please give more details to enable gurus in the house to helep your situation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:57pm On May 12, 2016
Temmybot:
Attending to questions will always be easier to do especially by way of discussion if the background of it all is well laid out. Nobody knows you, who you are, where you have been to, why you are not traveling with your husband, what you do, your perceived ties and "unties", nothing. absolutely nothing! Kindly do better, then ask questions. Regards
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:17pm On May 12, 2016
Midastorch:

I know ignorance is not an exuse,but please how do I edit an already submitted Ds160 form? I want to change my intended travelling date my cousin said it would have been better if I had made it like two months after submission...I hope you would be able to help
See omobendel's reply for procedure. If you travel date is before the interview date , then u need to change it. If not, there's no need
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:22pm On May 12, 2016
Temmybot:
Maa
Whether u get a visa or not is dependent on more than if your husband is going with u or not. Your ties will have to be assessed by the VO. S/he will take into consideration EVERYTHING about U. So do a likle research. Read /skim/scan this thread and get a feel of the process. This will help u self evaluate as well as ensure u don't make a preventable mistake on ur ds 160
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:17am On May 13, 2016
@chloe7
@Ladyguineviere
Have any of you used medview recently Lagos London route
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iyaaliyah: 3:24am On May 13, 2016
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:40am On May 13, 2016
salsera:
@chloe7
@Ladyguineviere
Mba oo.
I once booked for their ghana route but didn't travel again. I believe the fellas never refunded me.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:52am On May 13, 2016
iyaaliyah:
Hello friends, pls, am thinking what if I am unable to attend the conference on the schedule dates and I have been issued visa? So while trying to find answers, I stumbled on this qoute below.

'Usually conferences are annotated meaning exact place, date, duration and time of conference is printed on visas, but then again the interviewer has the power to use his/her discretion in inserting annotations'

Although this post was made in 2010, does the embassy still do 'annotations' like the dates of my conference will be stated on my visa or something? IF YES

1. Can I still use the visa after? Or can I write to the embassy and state why am unable to go for the conference thereby not using the visa?
2. What are my options generally?

NOTE: I genuinely want to go for the conference cos I am planning to DHL my registration form this morning and am paying 1,895dols but while filling the form, I thought to myself what if am unable to go. I have plenty things up my sleeves. Loll I mean plenty important plans as well.
So pls, genuinely answer my question so as to know whether I will go ahead with the registration or not. Thanks

I will suspend sending the form till about 12pm -1pm today.
Can u use your visa after? The general answer. Is yes. U may enter the united states as long as you have a valid visa. However, it is at the discretion of the VO whether too allow. U in annotation or not.
The honest advice I will give is, since clearly u have 'doubts' and are not sure u will use your visa as applied, why not wait until u need it or apply for the purpose u actually need it for , for reasons stated below
1. Nigerians have already besmirched our intergrity. We apply for one thing, and use it for another. There has been a recent spate of cancellations and deportations for this sole reason. If u run through my posts, I shared 2 recently on the birthing section. Avoid eyaaa stories.

2. You will make it harder for future honest applicants that intend to go for conferences.

Its still early days now. Do the right thing. Don't be among those that say 'I'll cross the bridge when I get there'
Wisom profiteth to direct

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:09am On May 13, 2016
salsera:
@chloe7
@Ladyguineviere
no I haven't but I know people who have used they said e no bad that they'll give it a 3star rating, recently I used iberia Lagos to London and I liked it though it wasn't as bad as I thought, medview is cheaper than these other airlines who fly direct (BA & Virgin,arik) and even those who don't fly direct.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iyaaliyah: 7:31am On May 13, 2016
Double post
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:54am On May 13, 2016
iyaaliyah:
@LadyGuinivere
Thanks but abegg modify that last paragraphs, Habbaa!!! You are wrong oh. When I said I will wait till 12-1pm today to read responses before I send the application. That's why I woke up like 3am to seek for advise. I said in my earlier post that we do have our vacation around that period and hubby said he doesn't even want to 'accompany me' since he is not a lawyer. I have also gone for IBA conference before but not in yankee even the Nija conference, I go every year. Please, even tho I know some do this, doesn't mean everybody does. It occurred to me and I said let me seek opinions before I proceed. If I proceeded all the same and come back to ask thesame question nko? But I wrote in my post you replied that I will wait for responses to know whether I will register or not. Issokay oh.
I gave an apology from the get go and I still apologise if I'm wrong.
This thread is full of passersby and people with all manners of xter and questionable intentions. So most Times when I post, I tak them into consideration and pray they will be touched. U have read my post so I'll edit just that part.

Modify: Personal Opinion on you removed.General advice intact
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by NaGodwin: 8:06am On May 13, 2016
LadyG, u don't even have to Apologise, putting the current exchange rate into consideration, who will pay $1,895 (Be it refundable or Non refundable) for a conference and fail to attend? I rest my case. lipsrsealed

LadyGuinivere:

I gave an apology from the get go and I still apologise if I'm wrong.
This thread is full of passersby and people with all manners of xter and questionable intentions. So most Times when I post, I tak them into consideration and pray they will be touched. U have read my post so I'll edit just that part.

Modify: Personal Opinion on you removed.General advice intact

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iyaaliyah: 8:44am On May 13, 2016
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Temmybot(f): 8:51am On May 13, 2016
kooljay5:

Of course you can go without your husband. But who will be paying for your trip? And why is your husband not going with you? Please give more details to enable gurus in the house to helep your situation.
My husband will pay for the trip. He can't go with us because he works abroad
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Temmybot(f): 8:56am On May 13, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Attending to questions will always be easier to do especially by way of discussion if the background of it all is well laid out. Nobody knows you, who you are, where you have been to, why you are not traveling with your husband, what you do, your perceived ties and "unties", nothing. absolutely nothing! Kindly do better, then ask questions. Regards
I'm God's creation. I have never been to any country. I'm not travelling with my husband because he works abroad. I'm doing nothing presently. What is perceived ties and unties?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Temmybot(f): 8:58am On May 13, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Maa
Whether u get a visa or not is dependent on more than if your husband is going with u or not. Your ties will have to be assessed by the VO. S/he will take into consideration EVERYTHING about U. So do a likle research. Read /skim/scan this thread and get a feel of the process. This will help u self evaluate as well as ensure u don't make a preventable mistake on ur ds 160
I really appreciate ur comment
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 12:05pm On May 13, 2016
hello all. My visa was granted this morning at the Lagos embassy. After 3 earlier refusals.

Transcript to come right after I ve my passport back.

I can see the statue of liberty right from here!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Teeforeal(m): 1:04pm On May 13, 2016
Hello guru in the house.I want to know the difference between B1 and B2 Visa also What are the chances of some one who does not have travelling experiece to be given usa visa.Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MarieEyre: 3:07pm On May 13, 2016
Hello house, please I am in the US with my husband and want my parents to come visit us. Is it okay for them to say they have family in the US and are just coming to stay with us for a while. Also I want them visiting this year and next year as well so do they have to state this so as to increase the length of the visa. This will be their first time here if granted. Anyone with a good idea please help.
*apologies for my naivety*
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by diamondsare4eva: 3:26pm On May 13, 2016
What is the status of their family in the US? If you are US national or Citizens, you can go ahead and invite there.US visa is normally 2 years.

MarieEyre:
Hello house, please I am in the US with my husband and want my parents to come visit us. Is it okay for them to say they have family in the US and are just coming to stay with us for a while. Also I want them visiting this year and next year as well so do they have to state this so as to increase the length of the visa. This will be their first time here if granted. Anyone with a good idea please help.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:27pm On May 13, 2016
MarieEyre:
Are you legally resident in the US?
If yes and their intention is to visit u, then Yes they MUST say so.
The validity of the visa is usually 2 years so they can visit and leave and visit again. They cannot stay more than 6 months each visit.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Solo84(m): 4:12pm On May 13, 2016
kennycanny:
hello all. My visa was granted this morning at the Lagos embassy. After 3 earlier refusals.
Transcript to come right after I ve my passport back.
I can see the statue of liberty right from here!

@Kenny, congrats.

Good to be here again house, miss the forum... wink

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by opomulero(m): 4:37pm On May 13, 2016
House Please can I change my mind and go to California, but during the interview I told the VO that I will be going to New York?... Please kindly respond Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 4:46pm On May 13, 2016
opomulero:
House Please can I change my mind and go to California, but during the interview I told the VO that I will be going to New York?... Please kindly respond Thank you

You can, but if the Customs border protection officer does not like your story or is unhappy then you are back home on the next plane!
You need to explain why the change. (Be honest, they are trained to spot lies.)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by opomulero(m): 4:55pm On May 13, 2016
Thank you, so in summary your point of entry should be where you stated in the form and during interview?

You can, but if the Customs border protection officer does not like your story or is unhappy then you are back home on the next plane!
You need to explain why the change. (Be honest, they are trained to spot lies.)[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81