Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1539102 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ZumaKhaleesi: 8:28am On May 16, 2016
overlord77:

Bro, let's not mistake his fortune to ice breaking o before everyone else with future interview starts doing it.
My take is, answer all questions as honestly as possible and don't start thinking you can warm your way into the heart of a VO, doesn't always work like that. Just my opinion

yes u right.. but note this.. this was ma first time over there and I kinda went with an open mindset.... I noticed before I was called that Nigerians just weren't acting friendly or people with d right courtesy.. thats why I decided to be a bit polite .. and let d VO see me as different frm the others...

sure might not work for others.. and apart frm being confident.. I was honest on all counts... so I answered all questions with a smile..

lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ZumaKhaleesi: 8:30am On May 16, 2016
opomulero:

House please can I get a response on this?

yeaa.. I think its possible.. that's between u and dhl though... but you have to call the dhl nums given and state ur case..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:33am On May 16, 2016
Yippeeee! Welcome back @LagosNiv
You ben go leave? Missed you gan!
Seems abujaniv had a change of handler. Also missing his ascerbic and sometimes scathing humour.
Meanyl please why the recent spate of denials during reapplication? The thing don plentyyyy o!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tayo2001ng(f): 5:02pm On May 16, 2016
Please I need info as per how I can appear with my wife during her visa interview as I already have US VIsa... I will appreciate your response... Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 16, 2016
tayo2001ng:
Please I need info as per how I can appear with my wife during her visa interview as I already have US VIsa... I will appreciate your response... Thanks
your wife is an adult you can't appear with her, your profile says female so are you Male or Female grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:45pm On May 16, 2016
@LagosNIV Welcomeeeee grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mamateniola1: 5:49am On May 17, 2016
Good morning
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:53am On May 17, 2016
ZumaKhaleesi:

yes u right.. but note this.. this was ma first time over there and I kinda went with an open mindset.... I noticed before I was called that Nigerians just weren't acting friendly or people with d right courtesy.. thats why I decided to be a bit polite .. and let d VO see me as different frm the others...

sure might not work for others.. and apart frm being confident.. I was honest on all counts... so I answered all questions with a smile..

lol

VOs can see through the fake "ice breaking" just like they can see through the fake confidence of arrogant applicants.
I personally find it somewhat annoying when I am trying to do my job and the applicant instead wants to ask how my night was, how my family is, how work is going, etc. Greetings and courtesy are fine, but don't try to keep going back to them in the middle of the interview because you think it will help.

I will echo again that honesty is probably the most important part of the interview.
It's true, you can be entirely honest and still be refused (because you don't meet the necessary qualifications under U.S. law), but you could also be incredibly over qualified and get refused because you aren't telling the truth at the time of the interview.

11 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:57am On May 17, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Yippeeee! Welcome back @LagosNiv
You ben go leave? Missed you gan!
Seems abujaniv had a change of handler. Also missing his ascerbic and sometimes scathing humour.
Meanyl please why the recent spate of denials during reapplication? The thing don plentyyyy o!

Yeah... was out of the country for a bit.

As far as denials - there hasn't really been an increase or decrease in the number of refusals or approvals. We did some reshuffling of officers recently in Lagos though so there are more NIV appointments open in general.

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:35am On May 17, 2016
mamateniola1:
Good morning. I have read and read the posts and I say thank you to al who contributed.
I am applying for a training in the US for 10days and I will love to say hi to my sis and mama, biko, kindly answer the following questions.

1. Where they asked for how many days am spending, I guess I will count from the day I land in the US? E.g training is 10-21 August, I want to leave on the 7th. I wil arrive on the 8th. I start counting from 8th?

2. I want to leave 7th so that I will rest on the 9th a day to training. I hope VO will not say am asking for too much?

3. I am spending the duration of the training in an hotel, is it the name of the hotel that will be 'your contact person' asked in the form or I use the training center?

4. There Is also another column for address,should I include my mama's address since I will visit her for 5days after training?
LadyGuinivere, how na. Na the reason for my email to yu be this but I say make I throw it open.

Thank you.

Hello Dear. Its better this way sef.
1. In my opinion, one shouldn't be too technical. U can fill 2 weeks. That should cover all your waka. Yes. U may put the actual day of your arrival. Though in reality, people rarely get in the exact day they filled in the form.
2. No
3. I believe the contact person should be the organization anchoring the training and
4. Your address should be the hotel u plan to stay at, unless you will be staying at your mom's place.
You will still have a column to fill where they ask if you have family in the US. You can now fill in applicable details about them as required
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:42am On May 17, 2016
Thanks @LagosNiv and welcome back. U carry puffpuff or bagel return? grin
On a serious note now, a lot of applicants have been denied recently upon renewal . A friend was told her bill for birthing was too low. I'm worried cos for patients paying cash, there's usually a discount. Is that illegal? To get a bargain and then pay off?
Or is the issue that one applied with details of one hospital and used another? So that I do not make the same mistake as naturally one looks for the cheaper option (not medicaid of course) for better healthcare. I no just fit start stories that touch when I want to renew. Please educate me.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mamateniola1: 7:25am On May 17, 2016
..ok
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:35am On May 17, 2016
mamateniola1:
LadyGuinivere thanks Love! Yes o. I see you all doing a wonderful job here so I wan benefit. I greet you all goodmorning oh. Hope we had a restful night.

I was denied visitors visa I think 2years ago. I was just given a white paper, I know that is a general reason for denial. In this new form, them ask so I am thinking I should write 'I wanted to go see my mama around November but I was told not eligible at this time' abi, Wetin I fit put there?
We all met for vacation in another country the following year tho.
Sabi mamas n papas. Loll, respond pls.

me when I wanted to fill my form I was as confused as you too, I just put not satisfying the requirements of the interviewing consulate at the time of application cheesy
I was too confused na, I wanted to put story for the gods there before I reasoned that make my story no go koba me grin let me just keep it simple
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 8:07am On May 17, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
On a serious note now, a lot of applicants have been denied recently upon renewal . A friend was told her bill for birthing was too low. I'm worried cos for patients paying cash, there's usually a discount. Is that illegal? To get a bargain and then pay off?
Or is the issue that one applied with details of one hospital and used another? So that I do not make the same mistake as naturally one looks for the cheaper option (not medicaid of course) for better healthcare. I no just fit start stories that touch when I want to renew. Please educate me.
E-sis, your head is very valid for this your question. I hope @ lagosniv gives a lucid explanation to it and not their usual generic answer to questions that sometimes leaves one more confused than ever. Lol cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:10am On May 17, 2016
@mamateniola tell them u do not know exactly why. However you were denied under 214b .
And that since that time bla bla bla are the changes in your circumstancr (eg promotion at work, marriage , travel history etc)

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by andyjyd(m): 9:47am On May 17, 2016
seyewest:
I'm not sure we are good enough to answer you on this forum and also can you try the NIV forum on Nairaland?
The consular officer can help I'm 100% sure of that.. Provide them with your data page and all the necessary info.
Peace

Hi my bro.
U bad ooo,u want the guy make him go open him yanshi for NIV

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 10:06am On May 17, 2016
chloe7:
me when I wanted to fill my form I was as confused as you too, I just put not satisfying the requirements of the interviewing consulate at the time of application cheesy
I was too confused na, I wanted to put story for the gods there before I reasoned that make my story no go koba me grin let me just keep it simple

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 10:08am On May 17, 2016
mamateniola1:
LadyGuinivere thanks Love! Yes o. I see you all doing a wonderful job here so I wan benefit. I greet you all goodmorning oh. Hope we had a restful night.

I was denied visitors visa I think 2years ago. I was just given a white paper, I know that is a general reason for denial. In this new form, them ask so I am thinking I should write 'I wanted to go see my mama around November but I was told not eligible at this time' abi, Wetin I fit put there?
We all met for vacation in another country the following year tho.
Sabi mamas n papas. Loll, respond pls.

I just put 'VO not convinced' there when I was filling mine. At least they usually do not come out in plane terms why they refuse visas.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ecdanbel: 11:01am On May 17, 2016
Breaking News Part 1
I left home on monday by 4pm. I was expecting to be in Abuja for my interview on Tuesday (today). As I got to Night Mile, my car temperature started rising. Well, I finally ditched the car and waited for a commercial bus or any other car that will take me to Abuja.
It was 10pm and yet, I was still trapped. Then a Dangote truck arrived and needed passengers to Lokoja. I jumped in and said a silent prayer as I was in doubt of the reasonableness of the young driver.
To make matters worst, it started raining and the speed drastically reduced. And by 4am I was in Lokoja. There was no vehicle for onward movement to Abuja, and my interview was for 7:30am.
Finally, a GUO bus approached and was even filled with 'attach' to the brim. I squeezed myself in and had to stand for the duration of the snail-like journey to Abuja.
By 7am, we were at Gwagwalada, and I had only 30 minutes to present myself for the interview. I hired the services of a Taxi Driver and we left Gwagwalada for the embassy. It was a race for life. We got to the embassy when my group was being called in. I quickly changed my clothesin the taxi and used 'purewater' to wash my face, wore my bodyspray and joined the line...

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Pwhitelaw(m): 11:01am On May 17, 2016
I really appreciate your efforts and various comment to different question. I just applied for a visiting visa and my interview will be coming up next month. Am a newbie and I want to know if travelling experience is a must to get my visa approved. My friends keeps saying I should travel to dubai to disvirgin my passport but I don't have enough money for that. I have all the documents to back my claims and the invitation letter. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:17am On May 17, 2016
kennycanny:

I just put 'VO not convinced' there when I was filling mine. At least they usually do not come out in plane terms why they refuse visas.
Abi, I put almost same too, because I don't kuku why they refused me in plain terms.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ogodos(m): 11:32am On May 17, 2016
ecdanbel:
Breaking News Part 1
I left home on monday by 4pm. I was expecting to be in Abuja for my interview on Tuesday (today). As I got to Night Mile, my car temperature started rising. Well, I finally ditched the car and waited for a commercial bus or any other car that will take me to Abuja.
It was 10pm and yet, I was still trapped. Then a Dangote truck arrived and needed passengers to Lokoja. I jumped in and said a silent prayer as I was in doubt of the reasonableness of the young driver.
To make matters worst, it started raining and the speed drastically reduced. And by 4am I was in Lokoja. There was no vehicle for onward movement to Abuja, and my interview was for 7:30am.
Finally, a GUO bus approached and was even filled with 'attach' to the brim. I squeezed myself in and had to stand for the duration of the snail-like journey to Abuja.
By 7am, we were at Gwagwalada, and I had only 30 minutes to present myself for the interview. I hired the services of a Taxi Driver and we left Gwagwalada for the embassy. It was a race for life. We got to the embassy when my group was being called in. I quickly changed my clothesin the taxi and used 'purewater' to wash my face, wore my bodyspray and joined the line...

GOD Bless your Hustle

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:50am On May 17, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

There could have been a number of reasons... Impossible to say without knowing a specific case. That being said, it isn't illegal to get a cash discount, but it does raise suspicions when you have applied with the intent of going to one location and then suddenly change it at the last minute. CBP will sometimes turn people around and give them 5 year bans just for showing up in the wrong city...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:59pm On May 17, 2016
shrekandfiona:

E-sis, your head is very valid for this your question. I hope @ lagosniv gives a lucid explanation to it and not their usual generic answer to questions that sometimes leaves one more confused than ever. Lol cheesy
Ahhhh soul sister! Valid kwa grin issorai
Nne the issue has been giving me jigi. Jigi body o! I had to ask!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by emjayfay(f): 1:01pm On May 17, 2016
chei!!! shocked shocked shocked

There could have been a number of reasons... Impossible to say without knowing a specific case. That being said, it isn't illegal to get a cash discount, but it does raise suspicions when you have applied with the intent of going to one location and then suddenly change it at the last minute. CBP will sometimes turn people around and give them 5 year bans just for showing up in the wrong city...[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by emjayfay(f): 1:03pm On May 17, 2016
Lagy G, I dey salute you o! E don be 3days o (o to ojo meta o)! wink wink wink

LadyGuinivere:
@mamateniola tell them u do not know exactly why. However you were denied under 214b .
And that since that time bla bla bla are the changes in your circumstancr (eg promotion at work, marriage , travel history etc)

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by chiMoni37(m): 1:26pm On May 17, 2016
I wish to visit d States with my mom and my
younger sister.. my mom is responsible for financial
expenses.. what kind of visa should we apply for. ? and
wish to stay 4 like 3months..?what and what r the criteria for us to travel... what kind of questions r to b asked? and answers...? although this is my first time on dis thread ..? ur response would be highly appreciated..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ecdanbel: 2:45pm On May 17, 2016
Breaking News Part 2.
Biometrics
Asked to wait outside again. To many applicants.
Only 3 VO active.
Next applicant...
I stepped forward to cubicle 8
VO. Pasport pls
Me. Passed the expire and active
VO. What are you going to do in us?
Me. I am going to visit the world headquaters of my religious organization in ....., our printry at .... and our education center at...after which i wil attend a 3 days convention at ....
Vo. Why must you make this trip
Me. I have been an active member of... for 25 years now..
Vo. Cuts in. What do you do for this group
Me. I .......
Vo. Smiling.. thats good, you are not doing the bad one
VO. So, what do you do
ME. After i left .....in 2013, i started publishing my own magazine (brought out a copy of the magazine. He browsed through it thoroughly)
VO. (Giving the magazine back to me) where did you travel to earlier (checking my old pasport)
ME. I have been to Germany, Spain, Belgium with a slovakia issued shengen visa.
VO. (Placed the visas on mecury. Types for about 2 minutes while i was just weighing my chances.
He brings out the white sheet and said
You are in order. Enjoy your visit.

Special thanks to Lady G, Chloe, Justwise and others who work tirelessly to put us in order.

My observations
You must be genuine and confident. Do not cram anything but know why you want to travel, where you are going to and make sure you are an established person here.
To God be the glory

16 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 17, 2016
Ecdanbel i'm glad you were granted the visa after all the wahala, enjoy your visit o. cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by keni: 4:34pm On May 17, 2016
LagosNIV:

There could have been a number of reasons... Impossible to say without knowing a specific case. That being said, it isn't illegal to get a cash discount, but it does raise suspicions when you have applied with the intent of going to one location and then suddenly change it at the last minute. CBP will sometimes turn people around and give them 5 year bans just for showing up in the wrong city...

Errrrrrmmm What if I see a cheaper flight to the other destination while I intend to take a bus ride to the initial City I wanted to go?In a bid to save me some money, could that be an acceptable reason?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by chrisviral(m): 4:51pm On May 17, 2016
Hi all,

Quick question, so six of my friends from Rwanda got 10 years Visa to the States, My Visa just got approved (waiting for passport), any chance a Nigerian can get 10 years too? (Bearing in mind that one Rwandan got just one year and another Nigerian got five years)??

We r students in Canada.
Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Jenonye(f): 5:00pm On May 17, 2016
Hello guys . been following this thread for a while. My baby and I were denied today. Our transcript is below.pls scrutinize.
Vo- pls pass ur passport. Y do u want to go to the us?
Me- vacation
Vo - where in d us
Me: new Jersey ,Union city
Vo - have u traveled outside the country before?
Me: no
Vo: y union city
Me: my sister lives there and she sent us an invite
Vo: types for about 2mins) sorry you do not qualify at this time. Gives me the blue paper
Me: silently packed my passport and left...
What do u guys think

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.