Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,136 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1533598 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 5:16am On Jun 02, 2016
pclevercheta:
I did not call because, we didn't know that is the procedure. We were depending on the agents lead. in fact that is why i was happy when i discovered this forum today.
#Hisses! How does your story even sound to you, and what help do you want us to render now? Na God just catch you so abeg! Nobody on here that understands the thread's essence will help you on the course you are set out on.... Mtcheeewwww!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MamaOO: 6:24am On Jun 02, 2016
slightlyMad:

if you have an immediate relative in the USA, you wont get a non-immigrant visa.
VO here will tell you it is still possible to get it but NO, they will waste your cash and time.
post your interview transcript here when you have it and pls quote me

Lies. Lies. Lies. My parents and 3 siblings(5 in all) got visas on the same date at the Lagos Consulate. One of them is an older unmarried sibling as well and it was well stated on their DS-160 that I am a daughter/sibling in the US.

Verify yoUr claims well Abeg.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Cmeo(m): 6:38am On Jun 02, 2016
slightlyMad:

immediate relatives are brothers, sisters, father, mother who are permanent residents or citizens.
if you fill them on the ds-160, you wont.
maybe they have gotten it in the past and used it well, they may get it again on account of the integrity they have built
but apply now in 2016
To them, your immediate relative could file and once approved, you could adjust status, forget ties.
i wont argue much on this, wait for those 2 applicants i quoted

That is very very incorrect. I know a person who was given visa in the last week of the month of April, 2016 (her first application o! Lagos embassy o!!)and her Sister lives in USA and she stated that frankly in her ds-160 form
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:58am On Jun 02, 2016
slightlyMad:

respectfully sir, this is the main issue i have with the way Nigerians are perceived by VOs
There is no reason to lie, no reason.

YES! Majority of Nigerian are eager and desperate to see America.
some here say VOs can see the desperation, oh please! we are desperate, even when we act cool. doubt it, see their reactions when they step outside the embassy building.
it is america we are talking about not ghana.

mehn! take pictures, see how things work there, put on location service showing you are somewhere in NY, USA and those peeps who think USA is just for them can see that God pass them, come back home and be able to say America? i have been there, done that.

for those assuming this is about me, Nope
i actually offer advises to people who want to travel to USA, I do this for free and i get lots of referrals these days because of the high success rate,
I don't fill forms for them, i dont recommend they fill false information as i tell them how terribly this can affect their visa journeys,
i predict their chances of getting a visa based on what i know about them.
and most times, they thank me for it when they get it or even get denied.
I DONT charge for it.

Respectfully, you are not a VO, nor do you seem to understand how the VOs think, yet you make many assumptions about how VOs perceive Nigerians...

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:32am On Jun 02, 2016
pclevercheta:
I did not call because, we didn't know that is the procedure. We were depending on the agents lead. in fact that is why i was happy when i discovered this forum today.
U discovred this forum just the same day you were denied? U didn't bother to seaech the net until after you were refused. I highly disbelieve your story.
2ndly, you have to realise that your wife is not the only person that can assist your aunty back. She has sons. Her sons have wives.Maybe she has daughters sef...do u get the picture?
3rdly, did u fill that you used an agent? I guess not. So by that mere fact, you misrepresented. Now. If you go back with the story you just told, if I were a vo I would refuse you and taf you fraudulent.
My advice for you guys is to do penance for the thing wen una do wen dem don catch una finish by laying low. Do not reapply anytime soon.
PS: why are you here asking questions when Uncle Agent is the one you should be having a conversation with?

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 7:42am On Jun 02, 2016
pclevercheta:
Just to buttress @LadyG point laylow and be truthful in your next application.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by pclevercheta: 9:40am On Jun 02, 2016
Thanks but it seems you did not understand me. If u check, i joined this forum yesterday. how did i get 2 know about the forum? as soon as she called that she was denied as she explained. i went to the web to check for info via FAQ, i also checked visa Agent info with the hope of getting a better and experienced agent. It was the advice i read from there that some agents can mislead and the info there that VOs answer some questions on nairaland that led me to this forum. i joined and read your comments,then suspected what i posted.

I wonder why you think i am lying on this forum when i am seeking for help and info,there is no need for that. I stated that she had her form completed earlier by an agent who felt he should add a "Better" job different from what she is doing. He did but by the time she came back and told me i was not comfortable with that cos i dont know how she was going to defend it. I requested a retrieval and that was what i had the agent do to change to her real job to make it easier for defense. sorry for the lengthy write up just to explain. Note: this is her first attempt. like to have more info on this pls.
Be blessed.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 9:44am On Jun 02, 2016
pclevercheta:

I wonder why you think i am lying on this forum when i am seeking for help and info,there is no need for that. I stated that she had her form completed earlier by an agent who felt he should add a "Better" job different from what she is doing. He did but by the time she came back and told me i was not comfortable with that cos i dont know how she was going to defend it. I requested a retrieval and that was what i had the agent do to change to her real job to make it easier for defense. sorry for the lengthy write up just to explain. Note: this is her first attempt. like to have more info on this pls.
Be blessed.

That was very sensible and well done.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:14am On Jun 02, 2016
pclevercheta:
Thanks but it seems you did not understand me. If u check, i joined this forum yesterday. how did i get 2 know about the forum? as soon as she called that she was denied as she explained. i went to the web to check for info via FAQ, i also checked visa Agent info with the hope of getting a better and experienced agent. It was the advice i read from there that some agents can mislead and the info there that VOs answer some questions on nairaland that led me to this forum. i joined and read your comments,then suspected what i posted.

Be blessed.
eyaaa
Well the deed has been done. However, re read my former post. The comments/advice remains the same
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Taiwodada08(m): 10:17am On Jun 02, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Welcome to part 2 of this thread, part 1 is now boggy and too long for newbies to read through. (Although the info there is priceless and Must/Ought to be read by any serious applicant.
For enquiries relating to likely interview questions and self evaluation, kindly go through both parts 1 and 2 of this thread so you have a fair knowledge of answers to such questions.

Kindly note that this is a do it yourself thread. Nobody here is an agent. Nobody is a VO, hence cannot authoritatively predict your chances of visa success .

Happy reading and good luck to all the honest visa seekers!

Please see part 1 here for reference:
https://www.nairaland.com/608780/usa-visit-visa/322#38856287

Due to the fact that some questions are frequently asked, repeated and retreated, the links to the questions are contained herein for easy reference
For instructions and documents required for the application
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//non-immigrant_visas.html

To book appointment and fill DS 160
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//niv_appointmnent_instructions.html

For US embassy contact Nos and email
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile/contact.html
Thank you.

Lady G for General (5 star!). cheesy
@op..I need you guys to please enlighten
me on how a friend/girl friend can send me an
invitation letter from the United state, where she
will address it to, am I getting a copy of the
letter, requirement from the embassy and can I
tender a virgin passport at the embasy?
I will be glad to see some advice. ..thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 02, 2016
Taiwodada08:

@op..I need you guys to please enlighten
me on how a friend/girl friend can send me an
invitation letter from the United state, where she
will address it to, am I getting a copy of the
letter, requirement from the embassy and can I
tender a virgin passport at the embasy?
I will be glad to see some advice. ..thanks

Invitation letters are not a requirement for U.S. visas. We don't even look at them.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 10:55am On Jun 02, 2016
pclevercheta:

Be blessed.

I saw your post and understood u clearly, because I have passed through same experience of an agent giving me a job profile that I don't have. I cancelled the appointment
and latter applied with my genuine information , although I was refused then but I guess it does not have to do with the info the agent filled for me, but because I was not convincing enough then.

I applied later again with a more pressing reason to be in US and I was granted visa.

My take , she was not refused because of the form the agent earlier filled. She was most likely refused because the VO felt that she is not qualified as @that time , probably cos her reasons for travel are not good enough from the VO perspective.

Was an appointment booked b4 you demanded for the correction?

NOTE: my own case , appointment already booked and I cancelled it like 48hrs to the day.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Slimzyflipzy(m): 11:04am On Jun 02, 2016
Glory be to Almighty God . Cant just believe how everything goes, Shey na so dem dey give person visa just like that ? Maybe because i have 0 worries nor tension on me at all .Because the way people are doing as if America na heaven just dey make me laugh grin grin grin grin .
VO... Morning passport
Me ...Passed the passport to her
VO.... Where are you going
Me.... NY
VO... For what purpose
Me... To see my brother his wife and there new set of twins
VO.... Are you married
Me.... Yes with set of twins
VO.. Really
Me ... Yes
VO... Congratulations
Me ..... Thanks

Lobatan. Alhamdulilahi

15 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:47am On Jun 02, 2016
Slimzyflipzy:
Glory be to Almighty God . Cant just believe how everything goes, Shey na so dem dey give person visa just like that ? Maybe because i have 0 worries nor tension on me at all .Because the way people are doing as if America na heaven just dey make me laugh grin grin grin grin .
VO... Morning passport
Me ...Passed the passport to her
VO.... Where are you going
Me.... NY
VO... For what purpose
Me... To see my brother his wife and there new set of twins
VO.... Are you married
Me.... Yes with set of twins
VO.. Really
Me ... Yes
VO... Congratulations
Me ..... Thanks

Lobatan. Alhamdulilahi
Congrats but if U.S is not heaven why are you so thankful?

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:19pm On Jun 02, 2016
seyewest:
Or post all in bold? lipsrsealed
PS: America no be heaven o! E no even nearrrrrr !

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Solo84(m): 1:13pm On Jun 02, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Or post all in bold? lipsrsealed
PS: America no be heaven o! E no even nearrrrrr !

seyewest:

Hmmm! Word!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by SekSek: 1:52pm On Jun 02, 2016
@ Seye @ LadyG @ Solo

Loool! all of una no go kill person wit una comments.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Slimzyflipzy(m): 1:54pm On Jun 02, 2016
seyewest:

Either good or bad be thankful .. Shikena
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by pclevercheta: 2:35pm On Jun 02, 2016
kennycanny:

I saw your post and understood u clearly, because I have passed through same experience of an agent giving me a job profile that I don't have. I cancelled the appointment
and latter applied with my genuine information , although I was refused then but I guess it does not have to do with the info the agent filled for me, but because I was not convincing enough then.
I applied later again with a more pressing reason to be in US and I was granted visa.
My take , she was not refused because of the form the agent earlier filled. She was most likely refused because the VO felt that she is not qualified as @that time , probably cos her reasons for travel are not good enough from the VO perspective.
NOTE: my own case , appointment already booked and I cancelled it like 48hrs to the day.
kennycanny:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by pclevercheta: 2:49pm On Jun 02, 2016
Oh thanks kennyCanny and all, that could be my mistake, the change was made after she had booked appointment for June 1st.it was retrieved, corrected and resubmitted but retained earlier appointment date, i dont know how he did it but the Code changed on the new printout. What do you think?
Again, i thank God for this forum. I have been wondering why i did not search for info b4 now. We wouldn't have spent all the money the said agent collected to make this mess. I now know better, "Best things in life are for free".
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 3:14pm On Jun 02, 2016
pclevercheta:
Oh thanks kennyCanny and all, that could be my mistake, the change was made after she had booked appointment for June 1st.it was retrieved, corrected and resubmitted but retained earlier appointment date, i dont know how he did it but the Code changed on the new printout. What do you think?
Again, i thank God for this forum. I have been wondering why i did not search for info b4 now. We wouldn't have spent all the money the said agent collected to make this mess. I now know better, "Best things in life are for free".

Not 100% sure of my position though, but frankly speaking, the VO accessed her based on the information on the current form she submitted and not on the retrieved one.

People that have genuine reasons , and good jobs and profile also get refused many times when they are unable to convince d VO during that extremely short visa interview. so getting refused US visa is not a big deal if I must be sincere with you.

Thank God its her true profile that she attended the interview with. she should stick to it and be truthful always.

when to apply again? depending on the reason she wanted to travel , if its very very necessary for her to go to US now ( like to close a big deal on behalf of a big coy, medical , govt meetings , etc )she can reapply almost immediately. But if her reasons falls under not really very necessary reasons ( like tourism, visit of friends or family etc , I ll advice she wait for some time like a year plus , because she ll likely get same result if she rush to reapply.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by pclevercheta: 3:50pm On Jun 02, 2016
Thanks again Kennycanny, i think you are right.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:20pm On Jun 02, 2016
[quote author=pclevercheta post=46205478][/quote]
For a 'new member' who just discovered NL you are quite savvy at posting and manipulating dual quotes . Well done lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iapt: 7:10pm On Jun 02, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

For a 'new member' who just discovered NL you are quite savvy at posting and manipulating dual quotes . Well done lipsrsealed

BUSTED..the niccur aint new on the platform.... @LadyG...I gree for u..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:20pm On Jun 02, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

@LadyG you're a wnich abi na witchessss.... No mistake no nigbati nigbati
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kooljay5: 9:49pm On Jun 02, 2016
pls help. my friend wants me to help pick his visa if grantd. hw shld he go about it? his interview is abuja, im in lagos.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:52pm On Jun 02, 2016
slightlyMad:

respectfully sir, this is the main issue i have with the way Nigerians are perceived by VOs
There is no reason to lie, no reason.

YES! Majority of Nigerian are eager and desperate to see America.
some here say VOs can see the desperation, oh please! we are desperate, even when we act cool. doubt it, see their reactions when they step outside the embassy building.
it is america we are talking about not ghana.

mehn! take pictures, see how things work there, put on location service showing you are somewhere in NY, USA and those peeps who think USA is just for them can see that God pass them, come back home and be able to say America? i have been there, done that.

for those assuming this is about me, Nope
i actually offer advises to people who want to travel to USA, I do this for free and i get lots of referrals these days because of the high success rate,
I don't fill forms for them, i dont recommend they fill false information as i tell them how terribly this can affect their visa journeys,
i predict their chances of getting a visa based on what i know about them.
and most times, they thank me for it when they get it or even get denied
I DONT charge for it.

Maybe you should stop advising them? Judging by your 'advise' here so far it's not difficult to see why many get refused

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:14pm On Jun 02, 2016
kooljay5:
pls help. my friend wants me to help pick his visa if grantd. hw shld he go about it? his interview is abuja, im in lagos.
He gives u his collection slip/authorization
U enter a bus/plane to abuja.
U go and pick up the visa.

U can also look into the dhl option. Dunno how it works

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:25pm On Jun 02, 2016
kooljay5:
Get back to us when he's granted
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kooljay5: 10:50pm On Jun 02, 2016
seyewest:
Get back to us when he's granted

kk
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:19pm On Jun 02, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Dayum! Badt gon!! Bull's-eye!!! This is one stuff I still don't know how to do sef. Okay, I've heard, I agree, I'm not actually savvy in these things though
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by steve4ever: 12:08am On Jun 03, 2016
pls house i really need ur advice at this point, v started filling ds 160 for my aged mum and widow,who ll be going for 4wks visit to her daughter. she was once a cook for Reverend fathers but now retired and only sells kerosene and groundnut outside our house just to get busy. pls am confuse on wht to put in the occupation section. shld I fill business and write wht she sells or retired? secondly mum is not literate she only understand Yoruba pls how do I go about it for her not to be interviewed with English. thks alot

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.