Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,678 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1533836 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mamateniola1: 10:38pm On Aug 02, 2016
They fit no even look at the VI sef. Anyone can go print IV. (nt saying you did) when the VO asks whether you are married, IMO answer No but you getting married in Sept or Oct as the case may be.

DmayG1:
thanks so much.... Should I still indicate am getting marry in November and go along with few VI or I shouldn't mention it...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by DmayG1: 11:08pm On Aug 02, 2016
seyewest:
remember it's not Marriage until you're married but you can inform them.
more grace to your elbow @seyewest... What's my chance of getting this visa, major concern is I don't really have strong tie to 9ja aside from my job... My cousin and her mom went for their interview in June, her mum was approved while she was denied cos she doesn't AV strong tie to Naija that's why am worried... Gurus ur ideas is needed asap pls
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by DmayG1: 11:16pm On Aug 02, 2016
[quote author=mamateniola1 post=48131844]They fit no even look at the VI sef. Anyone can go print IV. (nt saying you did) when the VO asks whether you are married, IMO answer No but you getting married in Sept or Oct as the case may be.

your contribution is noted and really appreciated..... Can't wait to share the gud news with you all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:49pm On Aug 02, 2016
DmayG1:
more grace to your elbow @seyewest... What's my chance of getting this visa, major concern is I don't really have strong tie to 9ja aside from my job... My cousin and her mom went for their interview in June, her mum was approved while she was denied cos she doesn't AV strong tie to Naija that's why am worried... Gurus ur ideas is needed asap pls
No one can tell you what your chances are but one thing I do advocate is that you should be honest with your answer and be positive... let your vibe and your reason for traveling to the U.S be good enough and you have a tie back home which means you must return home after the trip.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by DmayG1: 12:12am On Aug 03, 2016
seyewest:
No one can tell you what your chances are but one thing I do advocate is that you should be honest with your answer and be positive... let your vibe and your reason for traveling to the U.S be good enough and you have a tie back home which means you must return home after the trip.
Thanks for taking ur time to answer my questions.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by boluoyinbo: 10:08am On Aug 03, 2016
I Really appreciate your response to my question. To be honest my hidden agenda is to get there and never come back until i have my papers complete. Since you said i have some great points, what are the necessary tips needed to achieve my aim........thanks bro!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:10am On Aug 03, 2016
boluoyinbo:
I Really appreciate your response to my question. To be honest my hidden agenda is to get there and never come back until i have my papers complete. Since you said i have some great points, what are the necessary tips needed to achieve my aim........thanks bro!

Lolz! An example/ one disadvantage of not reading a thread before just writing. But if this was almost clear to me from the stats you already dropped so far, how on earth are you going to get past a VO? Like a Carmel passing through the eye of a needle though. Your "ungreat" points are plentier and more weighty than your great points IMO.

If your wife - assuming the info you gave was correct - were to be the one faced with your situation, she would have been in a better position of getting the visa compared to you. You have a US citizen dad, you are still very upwardly mobile, have no travel history to prove the extra normal in your peculiar case, haven't even reached that threshold in the civil service where a VO will be comfortable with your job and your inability to abandon same at the slightest opportunity. A woman too will not easily abandon kids and hubby compared to a man. Good luck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:23am On Aug 03, 2016
DmayG1:
Good day house I apply for b1/b2 with my mum to visit my uncle whc is my mum nephew, our interview is this Friday 5th Aug, I'll like to know if I need any other docs aside from the normal ones... 1) Am a graduate and work with mum's company whc deals majorly in transportation, general contracts and merchandise (2) am single but will be getting marry in November and will like to do some shopping in us for my wedding, some said I should indicate during the interview while some said I shouldn't (3) Is it advisable to go along with wedding IV or I shouldn't? Your experience and contribution will be highly needed here.
#OneOff! Just in case nobody is telling you, it is almost the same rope that is roping you and Boluoyinbo, though your situation seems better. All these getting married soon, by force IV carrying situation to an interview and working in my mum's company format has expiry dates. Your mum might get the visa while you are denied though. All hope isn't lost all the same.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by DmayG1: 12:15pm On Aug 03, 2016
OmoBendel24:

#OneOff! Just in case nobody is telling you, it is almost the same rope that is roping you and Boluoyinbo, though your situation seems better. All these getting married soon, by force IV carrying situation to an interview and working in my mum's company format has expiry dates. Your mum might get the visa while you are denied though. All hope isn't lost all the same.
thanks for calling my attention to this @omobendel24 kindly enlighten me more on how to go abt it, should I or I shouldn't mention getting marry during my interview.. Will be waiting for ur reply
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:44pm On Aug 03, 2016
DmayG1:
thanks for calling my attention to this @omobendel24 kindly enlighten me more on how to go abt it, should I or I shouldn't mention getting marry during my interview.. Will be waiting for ur reply
With the way you're going about this issue I guess the marriage is a lie.. you're on your own.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by boluoyinbo: 1:58pm On Aug 03, 2016
@ OMOBENDEL 24, I Really appreciate your honest response thank you God bless!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:49pm On Aug 03, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Lolz! An example/ one disadvantage of not reading a thread before just writing. But if this was almost clear to me from the stats you already dropped so far, how on earth are you going to get past a VO? Like a Carmel passing through the eye of a needle though. Your "ungreat" points are plentier and more weighty than your great points IMO.

If your wife - assuming the info you gave was correct - were to be the one faced with your situation, she would have been in a better position of getting the visa compared to you. You have a US citizen dad, you are still very upwardly mobile, have no travel history to prove the extra normal in your peculiar case, haven't even reached that threshold in the civil service where a VO will be comfortable with your job and your inability to abandon same at the slightest opportunity. A woman too will not easily abandon kids and hubby compared to a man. Good luck
He he he he! Glad you are learning the tricks. Any question couched, decorated in any form that requires profiling is basically asking for chances of success. And potentially seeking to 'upgrade' the story.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:53pm On Aug 03, 2016
DmayG1:
Do whatever you want to. The truth is that mentioning that you are getting married does not in any way count as a tie. That is what he's telling you. Its either you are married or not.
Read the transcripts and you can see how others said theirs
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:31pm On Aug 03, 2016
DmayG1:
more grace to your elbow @seyewest... What's my chance of getting this visa, major concern is I don't really have strong tie to 9ja aside from my job... My cousin and her mom went for their interview in June,r her mum was approved while she was denied cos she doesn't AV strong tie to Naija that's why am worried... Gurus ur ideas is needed asap pls

I wish you could read the 2. Bolded comments objectively. If you feel you do not have strong ties eh, which ideas are you seeking then? If you don't have it, then any idea given to you would be misrepresentation and that's not what this thread is about.
If you already have concerns about your ties, then do not apply. Wait until those concerns are resolved
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by DmayG1: 4:09pm On Aug 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Do whatever you want to. The truth is that mentioning that you are getting married does not in any way count as a tie. That is what he's telling you. Its either you are married or not.
Read the transcripts and you can see how others said theirs
thanks @LadyGuinivere
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by DmayG1: 4:15pm On Aug 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I wish you could read the 2. Bolded comments objectively. If you feel you do not have strong ties eh, which ideas are you seeking then? If you don't have it, then any idea given to you would be misrepresentation and that's not what this thread is about.
If you already have concerns about your ties, then do not apply. Wait until those concerns are resolved
Thanks for your reply have already booked my interview before knowing abt this thread but nevertheless AV learnt a lot on here.... Really appr8 every1 contribution.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by DmayG1: 4:29pm On Aug 03, 2016
seyewest:
With the way you're going about this issue I guess the marriage is a lie.. you're on your own.
Hmmmm @seyewest truth be told na BIG lie oooo, I decided to attach the story when I heard my cousin story cos she applied with her mum, her mum was granted but she was denied cos she's single. Our story is the same cos we all applied together .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burger01(m): 4:55pm On Aug 03, 2016
smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 5:37pm On Aug 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

He he he he! Glad you are learning the tricks. Any question couched, decorated in any form that requires profiling is basically asking for chances of success. And potentially seeking to 'upgrade' the story.

See me see oh @LadyG! It is very well oooo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bc112: 5:59pm On Aug 03, 2016
Hi every one, I am also another silent reader if this thread, I am a present holder of a B1/B2 visa issues last year which I used last year, I spent 3 weeks and I came back. As with my application last year and subsequent approval, my wife and 2 kids got their visas approved today to the glory of God.
Here is the transcript:
Wify: Morning
VO: Morning, Passport pls
VO: where are you going in the US?
Wify: Maryland to see my sis-in-law on a family vacation
VO: what do you do?
Wify: I am a makeup artist
VO:What does your spouse do?
Wify: He is a lawyer
VO:who is sponsoring your trip?
Wify: My hubby
VO: have you ever travelled out of Nigeria?
Wify: No
VO: Has your spouse every travelled outside the country?
Wify: Yes, he was issued a 2 year visa last year and he went and came back (and she brought out my passport which I had given her and showed the visa page to the VO)
After typing for a while came the magic words
VO: pick your passports after 3 days........

I need to stress this, the passports were issued newly in June, 2016 and I applied for the 3 of them shortly afterwards, with no prior travel history and they were granted like mine as I went witht a "virgin" passport last year and I got it to......Jesus is lord as this is His doing.....shout out to all the gurus, and to my learned colleague, I see you and can't tell you how much I respect you and incase you are in doubt about who am talking about, let's hear for LadyG......omobendel, frontpagelawyer, etc I salute

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sunflowerr: 6:42pm On Aug 03, 2016
Hello Everyone, i must commend you all for all your contributions on here! Godbless you all. Please i'd like to know if it is possible for one to make changes on his/her already submitted form, a day to the interview date? Your kind response would be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:27pm On Aug 03, 2016
bc112:
Hi every one, I am also another silent reader if this thread, I am a present holder of a B1/B2 visa issues last year which I used last year, I spent 3 weeks and I came back. As with my application last year and subsequent approval, my wife and 2 kids got their visas approved today to the glory of God.
Here is the transcript:
Wify: Morning
VO: Morning, Passport pls
VO: where are you going in the US?
Wify: Maryland to see my sis-in-law on a family vacation
VO: what do you do?
Wify: I am a makeup artist
VO:What does your spouse do?
Wify: He is a lawyer
VO:who is sponsoring your trip?
Wify: My hubby
VO: have you ever travelled out of Nigeria?
Wify: No
VO: Has your spouse every travelled outside the country?
Wify: Yes, he was issued a 2 year visa last year and he went and came back (and she brought out my passport which I had given her and showed the visa page to the VO)
After typing for a while came the magic words
VO: pick your passports after 3 days........

I need to stress this, the passports were issued newly in June, 2016 and I applied for the 3 of them shortly afterwards, with no prior travel history and they were granted like mine as I went witht a "virgin" passport last year and I got it to......Jesus is lord as this is His doing.....shout out to all the gurus, and to my learned colleague, I see you and can't tell you how much I respect you and incase you are in doubt about who am talking about, let's hear for LadyG......omobendel, frontpagelawyer, etc I salute

Congrats now time to start looking for flights....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by manning123: 5:10am On Aug 04, 2016
my girlfriend in USA wants me to visit her.., can she send me invitation letter? urgent reply is needed
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by milkydaddy(m): 7:33am On Aug 04, 2016
manning123:
my girlfriend in USA wants me to visit her.., can she send me invitation letter? urgent reply is needed
It has been said here,time without number that there is no need for that.
I wonder why we find it difficult to read back?No wonder its once said that,if u wanna keep anything away from a typical african man as secret,ensure u keep it inside a book,cos it wil never check to read.The secret of what u are asking is here already.
Do yourself a favour by booking an hotel instead of IV frm USA galfrnd.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burger01(m): 7:51am On Aug 04, 2016
milkydaddy:
It has been said here,time without number that there is no need for that.
I wonder why we find it difficult to read back?No wonder its once said that,if u wanna keep anything away from a typical african man as secret,ensure u keep it inside a book,cos it wil never check to read.The secret of what u are asking is here already.
Do yourself a favour by booking an hotel instead of IV frm USA galfrnd.

I learnt something of note today smiley

Btw, it sucks when some peeps find it so herculean a task to simply read some pages back before they dropped their 'already dealt' with questions. So annoying and a complete rip off angry
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by SekSek: 8:18am On Aug 04, 2016
Burger01:
I learnt something of note today smiley

Btw, it sucks when some peeps find it so herculean a task to simply read some pages back before they dropped their 'already dealt' with questions. So annoying and a complete rip off angry

Lol @ rip off
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FreeMeEllah: 10:32am On Aug 04, 2016
Good day to everyone here, my interview is on August 24th, i want to ask if i can take my old Nigerian passport along with me because i have been to Benin Republic in 2008 and have stamp on it. Can i take the old Nigerian passport to the Embassy with me?? Please help me.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:37pm On Aug 04, 2016
FreeMeEllah:
Good day to everyone here, my interview is on August 24th, i want to ask if i can take my old Nigerian passport along with me because i have been to Benin Republic in 2008 and have stamp on it. Can i take the old Nigerian passport to the Embassy with me?? Please help me.
yes they may want to see it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:39pm On Aug 04, 2016
Is it really important you wear your wedding ring to interview?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 12:48pm On Aug 04, 2016
seyewest:
Is it really important you wear your wedding ring to interview?

No one will be interested, it could be brass ring N500 from the market.
You will need better proof that you will return than a ring.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iamdoingthings: 9:49pm On Aug 04, 2016
Hello House,

In 2013, I was issued a 2 year visa. At the time, I was supposed to attend a training program in the USA funded by my organization (a federal agency) but the the training was cancelled after the visa was issued. I had no travel plans at the time and the visa eventually expired in 2015 (I didn't visit the USA before the expiry).

Fast forward to 2016, I now plan on making a trip to the USA with my wife (we have two kids who won't be traveling with us). My questions are:

- Will the fact that I did not use the previous visa affect my planned application?
- Do we apply as a couple or separately (considering the fact that I may be eligible to use the drop box option)?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by milkydaddy(m): 11:19pm On Aug 04, 2016
FreeMeEllah:
Do you consider Benin stamp as been part of travelling history?if yes,go wit it.But IMO I didn't see any weight in it.Even Ghana. Stamp is tatamount to nothing.With 1500naira u can frm Lagos enter Benin Republic wch VOs are aware of.
What really counts are ur ties back home

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.