Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1538677 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ehido(m): 12:09am On Aug 05, 2016
Hello house,

Great job going on here, I and my wife were issued B1/B2 visas 2yrs ago, we stated that it was to give birth to our baby, baby was born everything was paid for in cash and we have the letter of 0 balance. Now we are due for a renewal but it turns out I am not employed (was an engr in Oil and Gas firm) at the moment but wife works in a bank as a contract staff. Balance in acct is just over 800k (I have money tied up in businesses at the moment with no trace of it in my acct), wife has a sister living in America. How good are our chances of gettin an extension. We dont intend relocating to America we just need to extend the visa so we can travel later in the year or early next year. I will appreciate any credible response. Thank you very much.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FreeMeEllah: 10:35am On Aug 05, 2016
Yes i know, but i am married with two kids and i am working as a secretary and personal assistant to Vice-Chancellor in a university, and i am earning 350,000. is this tie enough for me?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by siina(m): 11:06am On Aug 05, 2016
FreeMeEllah:
Yes i know, but i am married with two kids and i am working as a secretary and personal assistant to Vice-Chancellor in a university, and i am earning 350,000. is this tie enough for me?
which institution is that where a secretary earns that much, am an accountant with an institution too, just wondering ni o

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Heyofrizzle(m): 11:10am On Aug 05, 2016
DmayG1:
Your response is really appreciated...... Gurus in the house pls reason my mata cos na Friday 5th and today na Tuesday.

Baba Its past 11 o'clock .........post transcript for men and let's learn. Whatever the case maybe but I know na success. U b boss nau.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FreeMeEllah: 11:23am On Aug 05, 2016
Afe Babalola University.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by siina(m): 11:44am On Aug 05, 2016
FreeMeEllah:
Afe Babalola University.
oh is a private university, sorry then
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FreeMeEllah: 11:51am On Aug 05, 2016
yes its a private university, is this tie enough for me to get a visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by damrules: 2:45pm On Aug 05, 2016
Kindly advise me pls, I had my interview today with my wife and was denied. The consular was so impressed until he realised that the Ghana stamp on my passport was fake. One agent did all this for me. What is the implication of this and what is the solution to this pathetic story. I am very sad and unhappy.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 3:12pm On Aug 05, 2016
damrules:
Kindly advise me pls, I had my interview today with my wife and was denied. The consular was so impressed until he realised that the Ghana stamp on my passport was fake. One agent did all this for me. What is the implication of this and what is the solution to this pathetic story. I am very sad and unhappy.

Ordinary Ghana ruined your chances. It's a wrap to The USA. Maybe after 15 years you can reapply, but for now it's a double NO.

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by milkydaddy(m): 3:16pm On Aug 05, 2016
FreeMeEllah:
yes its a private university, is this tie enough for me to get a visa?
Dear FreeMeEllah,
I humbly write your vital dignity being a P/A to V.C of Afe Babalola Uni.,does not mean u can't abscond while given American Visa.Coz every applicant is sees as potential immigrant.No one here can vividly tells u ur chance.Its only d VO who can do that during the interview.The VOS are nt predictable for USA visa,since it is 50-50 chance.Bt if I look at shengen application I can say if some1 has 90percent visa quarantee or not.U may be proffesor,married wit kids and get Denied while a student wit no marriage and kids get d visa.So,just expect the worst frm American embassy on the day of interview and if d worst eventually happened it won't be new to you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sunflowerr: 3:40pm On Aug 05, 2016
Hi All,

I've been a silent reader of this forum.. Told my self i'l post my transcript whether good or bad. Had my Interview today and was refused. Am a female,single, and I've only visited the UAE thrice on vacation.
My appointment was 7:15am in Lagos. After all the security checks, went in and while on the queue, I noticed the guy in window 7, who never really looked up from his computer was dishing out blue papers like food and prayed I won't be sent there. Unfortunately it was my turn and I was sent there.

VO- goodmorning
ME- goodmorning
VO- how are you today?
ME- fine thank You and you?
VO- great, passport please? (I passed it)
VO- what are you going to do in the US?
ME- To attend a convention held by ******* and also to spend a few days of my leave.
VO- where in the Us are you going to?
(All the while typing vigorously on his computer never looking up from it)
ME- Duluth Georgia
VO- how long do you intend to stay
ME- 10 days
VO- what do you do for your company?
ME- I am a marketing executive for ...(he cuts in)
VO- what is your day to day activity like
ME - Well as a marketer/relationship manager, its my duty to source out new clients/brokers, ensure new businesses are closed, I also make sure I maintain good relationships with our existing clients and brokers, so that we don't loose them to our competitors in the industry and also ensure my client's claims are treated in due time. (He continued nodding while typing)
VO- have you ever travelled out of nigeria?
ME- yes i have visited the UAE
VO- what did you go there for?
ME- vacation
VO- are you married?
ME- engaged
VO- when are you getting married
ME- early next year (we haven't fixed a date so I ddnt just want to mention any date)
Then he finally looks up from his computer
VO - sorry madam at this time you re bla bla bla and hands the blue paper.

Well its my first trial and I definitely will go back next year after my wedding prolly with hubby. Just want to say thank you to you guys here, this forum really helped psyche me up for the interview @ladyg @seyewest @worry529 @omobendel24 y'all are doing a good job. I would appreciate any contributions or observations as well.

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:29pm On Aug 05, 2016
damrules:
It is bad to laugh at a dog already Kicked down but I laugh werr well. You are sad? Chai! What you sow is what you reap.
Solution: keep on reapplying and wasting your money until MAYBE one day one vo will be nice. For now Go home and lie down and forget reapplying for a loooooooong while.
He he he he. Ghana follow get fake stamp?!

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by amalab30(m): 5:07pm On Aug 05, 2016
damrules:

Bro please, be calm. Don't get distraught or sad. Let it go as though it never happened really. One thing is sure, you will be fine, it might take a long while, please don't let it shake you. Extend my heartfelt sorry to you wife as well.

I believe the fact that a lot of people over hype the USA makes a lot of intending applicants to overflog their chances.

Let the difference between this Visa Interview and job interview be your money paid. Just be fine. Great Evening.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by amalab30(m): 5:08pm On Aug 05, 2016
damrules:

Bro please, be calm. Don't get distraught or sad. Let it go as though it never happened really. One thing is sure, you will be fine, it might take a long while, please don't let it shake you. Extend my heartfelt sorry to you wife as well.

I believe the fact that a lot of people over hype the USA makes a lot of intending applicants to overflog their chances.

Let the difference between this Visa Interview and job interview be your money paid. Just be fine. Great Evening.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by milkydaddy(m): 5:44pm On Aug 05, 2016
damrules:
Dear Damrules,
In Law there is something we call CONSESUS'AD'IDEM"meaning "Agreement of Mind"
U can't come here and say one agent did fake ghana stamp for you witout ur consent.Afterall u were d one who gave him ur passport to get it disvirgin for you.........all in d name that American embazzy wil not issued visa on a virgin passport.
I knw you wil stil pay for d fake ghana stamp.whch u can do wit 20k wit adventures to Ghana via benin.togo axis through ABC motor.I wonder wen we wil conquered d demonic agent sent to Nigeria frm d pit of hell called "CORUPTION."Small time we go dey shout Buhari!She na Buhari be diz now?

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:53pm On Aug 05, 2016
@sunflower sorry about the refusal. There's really nothing to analyse. Its a pretty simple case of the vo not been satisfied by your profile.
Your idea to wait to after marriage is good. I'm positive youl gettit then . You go now use am go born cheesy

@freemeellah and iamdoingthings, only a vo can determine if you qualify. People that earn 150k have gotten visa while those that earn 360k were refused. Unemployed applicants and home makers have been refused and given visas. This record don suppose be best seller by now. read the thread. Create your own statisitcs and self evaluate The transcripts here are the best thing you can read and not the opnions, (in my opinion)
However I can answer to the non usage of the visa @iamdoingthings it is not an offence. You just have to explain why if asked why you didn't use the visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:08pm On Aug 05, 2016
milkydaddy:
Dear Damrules,
In Law there is something we call CONSESUS'AD'IDEM"meaning "Agreement of Mind"
U can't come here and say one agent did fake ghana stamp for you witout ur consent.Afterall u were d one who gave him ur passport to get it disvirgin for you.........all in d name that American embazzy wil not issued visa on a virgin passport.
I knw you wil stil pay for d fake ghana stamp.whch u can do wit 20k wit adventures to Ghana via benin.togo axis through ABC motor.I wonder wen we wil conquered d demonic agent sent to Nigeria frm d pit of hell called "CORUPTION."Small time we go dey shout Buhari!She na Buhari be diz now?

Gbam! My junior colleagues don full here cheesy
Person go wash eye, block ear, form sharp guy, and go to do nansense and then come here to feign helpless. If this guy had scaled through he for dey form 'sharp guy'.
Clearly he knew about this thread where misrepresentation is preached against on practically every page. If I were the vo sef...
Lol again at 'fake ghana stamp'
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by DmayG1: 8:52pm On Aug 05, 2016
Heyofrizzle:

Baba Its past 11 o'clock .........post transcript for men and let's learn. Whatever the case maybe but I know na success. U b boss nau.
8:15am was my appointment in Lagos. This how it all went down, on the queue I noticed, the guy in window 7 hasn't been nice with peeps and was like God don't take me there, heard the convo going on btw VO in window 4 and he granted two people in front of me and was like God that's where i want... Tz my turn and mum, luckily I was directed to window 4

VO- goodmorning
Mum and I- goodmorning ( mum cut in) pls I AV something to tell you
VO- with gr8 smile mum tell me tell me what's that?
Mum- am a stammerer and pls kindly take it slowly with me
VO- alright mum
VO- is this ur son?
Mum- yes
VO- passport please? We passed it
VO- turn to me what are you going to do in the US?
Me-To visit my uncle and his family( whc is my mum nephew)
(while typing)
ME- Lowell MA
VO- turn to mum how long do you intend to stay?
ME- 2weeks
VO- what does ur nephew?
ME- he works with bla bla bla
VO- is he married?
ME - Married with happy family and can't wait to see them.
VO- turn to me have you ever travelled out of nigeria?
ME- no I haven't
VO- what do you do?
ME- I work in mum's company (a.o Aina Nigeria enterprises)
VO- what's the company into?
ME- we sell building material, transportation and general contract
VO- when do you plan to travel?
ME- 15 sept and will be back 28th cos I need to resume back to work on 29th.
VO- how old are you?
Me- 27
VO - at this point have come to 2 diff decision and passed my passport back with blue paper and gave mum the white paper to pick her visa in 3working days.
Me- can I know why am bn denied?
VO- you're not eligible now, check the blue paper it will explain better.

Note: no document were ask, he only collected our PP that's all

I must be sincere the VO is accommodating and friendly with us compare to other VO's..... Pls I'll like to know where I get it wrong? Special shoutout to the gurus in the house in @ladyg @seyewest @omobendel24 I app8 everyone's contribution and keep the gud work going.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Heyofrizzle(m): 9:05pm On Aug 05, 2016
DmayG1:
8:15am was my appointment in Lagos. This how it all went down, on the queue I noticed, the guy in window 7 hasn't been nice with peeps and was like God don't take me there, heard the convo going on btw VO in window 4 and he granted two people in front of me and was like God that's where i want... Tz my turn and mum, luckily I was directed to window 4

VO- goodmorning
VO- alright mum
VO- is this ur son?
Mum- yes
(while typing)
ME- Lowell MA
ME- 2weeks
VO- what does ur nephew?
VO- is he married?
ME- no I haven't
VO- what do you do?
VO- how old are you?
Me- 27
VO - at this point have come to 2 diff decision and passed my passport back with blue paper and gave mum the white paper to pick her visa in 3working days.

I must be sincere the VO is accommodating and friendly with us compare to other VO's..... Pls I'll like to know where I get it wrong? Special shoutout to the gurus in the house in @ladyg @seyewest @omobendel24 I app8 everyone's contribution and keep the gud work going.

His crystal ball *VO* must have told him you are young and vibrant, you can probably abandon everything for the states, am sorry bro. Just try build your tie and trust me you'd be a strong applicant in the nearest future.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by DmayG1: 9:11pm On Aug 05, 2016
Heyofrizzle:

His crystal ball *VO* must have told him you are young and vibrant, you can probably abandon everything for the states, am sorry bro. Just try build your tie and trust me you'd be a strong applicant in the nearest future.
hopefully in near future.. Thanks to y'all once again.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by AZUH: 12:54am On Aug 06, 2016
@damrule . It's not your fault all these agent are devils ' don't ever listen to them again . You have bin banned I think but you can still let them know the truth . How ? Even when you have bin rejected ? You're confuse ? They are ways to contact the embassy apart from visa application . Let them know the whole truth. But first get your agent arrested and charge him for damages . That can be a prove that you know nothing about the fake visa . You can ask your lAwyer more about this .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 2:07am On Aug 06, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Gbam! My junior colleagues don full here cheesy
Person go wash eye, block ear, form sharp guy, and go to do nansense and then come here to feign helpless. If this guy had scaled through he for dey form 'sharp guy'.
Clearly he knew about this thread where misrepresentation is preached against on practically every page. If I were the vo sef...
Lol again at 'fake ghana stamp'

Fake Ghana stamp? Ghana?? Not even South Africa. Mtschheeeeew
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 2:11am On Aug 06, 2016
Sunflowerr:
Hello Everyone, i must commend you all for all your contributions on here! Godbless you all. Please i'd like to know if it is possible for one to make changes on his/her already submitted form, a day to the interview date? Your kind response would be appreciated. Thanks.

Once you sign and submit, no further changes can be made
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ipledge10(m): 5:32am On Aug 06, 2016
I will never advice anybody traveling to USA to use any agent..all the informations you need are online...you can come here anytime to get advice...am so sorry for that guy whose chance was ruined by fake Ghana visa..fake Ghana visa...

I remember when I went for my student visa interview, I saw a guy that was going to interview without receipt of Seviz fee,the agent he used didn't print for him, and he had no idea

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ipledge10(m): 5:39am On Aug 06, 2016
OgaTheTop2:
Was at GTB this morning to make visa application payment. Was initially told 49,600. I was surprised when the cashier said the amount has increased to 53,600 shocked

This is not funny.
naira don go down...the fee is dollar, they will tell you the amount in naira
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:20am On Aug 06, 2016
AZUH:
@damrule . It's not your fault all these agent are devils ' don't ever listen to them again . You have bin banned I think but you can still let them know the truth . How ? Even when you have bin rejected ? You're confuse ? They are ways to contact the embassy apart from visa application . Let them know the whole truth. But first get your agent arrested and charge him for damages . That can be a prove that you know nothing about the fake visa . You can ask your lAwyer more about this .
I'm a lawyer and can give hinm free advise
1. Both he and the agent acted in concert. So if he reports to the police, he too will be arrested.
2.Claiming Damages is a civil matter which he also is not entitled to because the law dos not recognise illegal contracts.
And Azuh how can he prove he did not know about a visa on his passport?! Fear God ooo

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by AZUH: 9:20am On Aug 06, 2016
@ ladyG you're a lawyer ? Hmm nice one . Damrule don't worry God has his own plans .

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 9:44am On Aug 06, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I'm a lawyer and can give hinm free advise

Should not have admitted that!
They will be queuing up to beg free advice now!
grin shocked
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mamateniola1: 10:57am On Aug 06, 2016
Bros, There is no law anywhere that will protect this kain thing. I did law of Contract and I learnt you cannot benefit from an illegal contract. Did he not submit his passport to the agent? Was it in his dream he traveled to ghana? Both of them sef shld be arrested if anyone has to go down for this.

AZUH:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sunflowerr: 4:18pm On Aug 06, 2016
Hey, oh you also noticed the guy in window 7 too!! Am sure he wasn't in a good mood yday!

DmayG1:

VO- goodmorning
VO- alright mum
VO- is this ur son?
Mum- yes
(while typing)
ME- Lowell MA
ME- 2weeks
VO- what does ur nephew?
VO- is he married?
ME- no I haven't
VO- what do you do?
VO- how old are you?
Me- 27

I must be sincere the VO is accommodating and friendly with us compare to other VO's..... Pls I'll like to know where I get it wrong? Special

shoutout to the gurus in the house in @ladyg @seyewest @omobendel24 I app8 everyone's contribution and keep the gud work going.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:37pm On Aug 06, 2016
worry359:

Should not have admitted that!
They will be queuing up to beg free advice now!
grin shocked
All the free free one I dey gee since, them gree take am? cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nicerichard05: 7:07pm On Aug 06, 2016
Can age (26yrs, graduated 2011, working in an oil company with a good salary nd single) affect one's chances of gettn a visa. As in is 26yrs too low to convince the VO.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.