Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,298 members, 7,829,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1538745 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:28pm On Aug 06, 2016
Fake visa stamp is just wrong and you shouldn't be a part of it... it's a crime. A serious one at that.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Wiseoldman: 9:21am On Aug 07, 2016
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by whiiteroses(f): 11:35am On Aug 07, 2016
Hello everyone,

Please my case is quite complex. I filled the DS-160 application form three times. but let me introduce myself.

I am a full time Msc student in a private university in Nigeria. I travelled to the UK once in 2014 and now my aunty in the US has invited me to spend a few weeks vacation with her and her family. I have a letter of identification from my school and other supporting document ready for my interview in september.

I made some mistakes in the first and second DS-160 Application form and didnt use them in scheduing an appointment. I finally used the third DS-160 application in scheduling an appointment. The third DS-160 application ID matches with my appointment confirmation ID.

My question is, should i still call/mail the embassy explaining the situation to them or should i just forget it since the DS-160 application ID matches with the appointment confirmation ID? I would appreciate your response on this. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:38pm On Aug 07, 2016
whiiteroses:
Hello everyone,

Please my case is quite complex. I filled the DS-160 application form three times. but let me introduce myself.

I am a full time Msc student in a private university in Nigeria. I travelled to the UK once in 2014 and now my aunty in the US has invited me to spend a few weeks vacation with her and her family. I have a letter of identification from my school and other supporting document ready for my interview in september.

I made some mistakes in the first and second DS-160 Application form and didnt use them in scheduing an appointment. I finally used the third DS-160 application in scheduling an appointment. The third DS-160 application ID matches with my appointment confirmation ID.

My question is, should i still call/mail the embassy explaining the situation to them or should i just forget it since the DS-160 application ID matches with the appointment confirmation ID? I would appreciate your response on this. Thanks.
U have no issue except the one you are manufacturing for yourself in ur head. If your submitted ds 160 matches the appointment what is the complication?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by overlord77: 2:09pm On Aug 07, 2016
amalab30:

Bro please, be calm. Don't get distraught or sad. Let it go as though it never happened really. One thing is sure, you will be fine, it might take a long while, please don't let it shake you. Extend my heartfelt sorry to you wife as well.

I believe the fact that a lot of people over hype the USA makes a lot of intending applicants to overflog their chances.

Let the difference between this Visa Interview and job interview be your money paid. Just be fine. Great Evening.

Nice soothing words, he needed that however, how on earth does one get a fake Ghana stamp? GHANA!

Well, for now, he needs to chill and wait it out awhile before trying out US of A visa application.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by siina(m): 2:31pm On Aug 07, 2016
Hello house, I dont have my original GTB receipt again but I have the soft copy on my system, can I go with that pls?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:39pm On Aug 07, 2016
Wiseoldman:
Hello team, I would appreciate your input on the US visit visa. My data;

Employed for 3+ year in a multinational coy
Salary ranges between 400k and 1m
purpose: Technical conference
sponsor: Self
other ties: Properties in 3 states in Nigeria
travel history: europe, uae, west African states, unused India visa.

Kindly advice on top as I would be doing this application myself. Do I need to make any hotel, flight reservations before the interview? Also how early to i start the application for a conference in November.

Many thanks
You're good to go and you have to be yourself during the interview day by not shaking and stammering.. you know you have to prove that you earn N400K

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by barnaby04(m): 4:17pm On Aug 07, 2016
Wiseoldman:

Kindly advice on top as I would be doing this application myself. Do I need to make any hotel, flight reservations before the interview? Also how early to i start the application for a conference in November.

Many thanks

You have a good profile here, my candid advise to you is to lay much emphasis on your job description and what you stand to benefit career-wise from attending the conference when you are asked what are you going to do in the US.

If you can provide a convincing case here, I believe you stand a better chance but please note that granting of visas is at the discretion of the VO.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nicerichard05: 5:40pm On Aug 07, 2016
Somebody should pls ans me oo. Can age (26yrs) be a factor for visa denial?

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 5:55pm On Aug 07, 2016
nicerichard05:
Somebody should pls ans me oo. Can age (26yrs) be a factor for visa denial?
Thanks

Age is not important on it's own.
First ties to prove that you will return home.
Then healthy finances.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by whiiteroses(f): 6:09pm On Aug 07, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

U have no issue except the one you are manufacturing for yourself in ur head. If your submitted ds 160 matches the appointment what is the complication?

Lol. Ok thanks. I was thinking i had to call the embassy grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fareedah86: 8:14pm On Aug 07, 2016
hello house.

Got august 9 for the interview date,that is tuesday.

ummmmmmmmm................i don read tire all d way from the first part.

pls pray for me o

na mercy of God i need now o..........

Anyone else having an interview on that day?

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by amalab30(m): 9:13pm On Aug 07, 2016
I pray God of Mercy shall be with you. He will bestow confidence on you and you shall be called the favoured of the Lord. Amen.

Come back and share your positive transcript.

Lastly, endeavour to remind yourself of the infos filled in your DS160 form. It is well. smiley

fareedah86:
hello house.

Got august 9 for the interview date,that is tuesday.

ummmmmmmmm................i don read tire all d way from the first part.

pls pray for me o

na mercy of God i need now o..........

Anyone else having an interview on that day?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Aibisoye0: 10:14pm On Aug 07, 2016
We are just alike, got my visa December

Age- 28
Status - single
Gender-male
Employed for 15months+ as at time of application in a multinational
Purpose- vacation..Aldoe I never use am FX is crazy now...ma till next year cos I was in the UK this year already
Salary- 250k plus incentive as at that time anyways
Sponsor- self
Ties- just my job
Travel history - theVO asked if I travelled to the UK alone for my last trip and my other trips to Dubai, Accra, alone. Yes I did I be adult na.

For me you're good to go be confident know your role and list where you're going to and what you'll learn and the impact on your current role ..

Collect visa and fly out
Wiseoldman:

Many thanks

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Tbaba2(m): 10:35pm On Aug 07, 2016
Hello house. this is a good platform! God bless you guys 4 been here 4 us. my husband and I with 3kids(age 1+2+and4+) will be having our interview this month, my husband works with federal government! he has been working for like 10yr now(level 13) and we have a bakery registered with nafdac which I manage. my sister is a US citizen and she want my family to come visiting in December, pls what is our chances of getting the visa and what are the document we need to go with, pls reply urgently. thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by milkydaddy(m): 11:23pm On Aug 07, 2016
Tbaba2:
Hello house. this is a good platform! God bless you guys 4 been here 4 us. my husband and I with 3kids(age 1+2+and4+) will be having our interview this month, my husband works with federal government! he has been working for like 10yr now(level 13) and we have a bakery registered with nafdac which I manage. my sister is a US citizen and she want my family to come visiting in December, pls what is our chances of getting the visa and what are the document we need to go with, pls reply urgently. thanks.
Dear Tbaba2,
Ur Monicker claims male,while u are advocating being a woman.Well,that's not d issue.it had. Been said here time witout number that visa is granted at the VO discretions,so far ur response is ok by d VO.No one here can tell you ur chance.As for the documents u need for d interview kindly read back d thread..........U wil knw that 90% of d documents needed are prayer and luck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 8:02am On Aug 08, 2016
My own Question.

Please does an applicant still have to attend the interview with two passport photographs after successfully uploading same passport photograph on DS-160 form?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 8:20am On Aug 08, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:
My own Question.

Please does an applicant still have to attend the interview with two passport photographs after successfully uploading same passport photograph on DS-160 form?

That should be a NO. But those touts around the embassy will always spin you round and do you in if you are not careful, they always have their way of making you and your application look incomplete the moment you give them your ears.

Well, it wouldn't hurt if you have them acquired still on your own from home (not from the black-market touts around the embassy oh) for back up purpose just in case.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nigeriainfo: 9:05am On Aug 08, 2016
@ladyG, I lost contacts on my phone, pls call me cos I got something to knw about o. Biko. Nigeriainfo

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dada2013: 9:44am On Aug 08, 2016
7:15am was my appointment in Lagos. This is how it all went down,
Vo. Good morning
Me . Good morning
Vo. Where are you going in US
Me . New York
Vo. What for
Me. Vacation
Vo. Have you travel before
Me. No
Vo. Are you married
Me. Yes
Vo. Aw many kids
Me. 3
Vo. Where are you working
Me bank
After typing for a while she just said am sorry you are not eligible this time and handed me over a blue paper, please what went wrong

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Tbaba2(m): 10:55am On Aug 08, 2016
not Tbaba2, am his wife using his nairaland account to send the mail. thanks for the response.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:08am On Aug 08, 2016
nigeriainfo:
@ladyG, I lost contacts on my phone, pls call me cos I got something to knw about o. Biko. Nigeriainfo
Ask the question here o biko
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:15am On Aug 08, 2016
dada2013:
Vo. Good morning
Me . Good morning
Me . New York
Vo. What for
Me. Vacation
Me. No

Vo. Are you married
Me. Yes
Vo. Aw many kids
Me. 3
Me bank
After typing for a while she just said am sorry you are not eligible this time and handed me over a blue paper, please what went wrong
In ma opinion , the bolded is what made up the vo's mind

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:19am On Aug 08, 2016
Tbaba2:
Read page zero of this thread. Both of your questions are answered
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by siina(m): 11:21am On Aug 08, 2016
dada2013:
Vo. Good morning
Me . Good morning
Me . New York
Vo. What for
Me. Vacation
Me. No
Vo. Are you married
Me. Yes
Vo. Aw many kids
Me. 3
Me bank
Mine was 8:45am, everything was going fine until he asked what I do and I said am an accountant with an institution. He just said my work is not related to the conference am going for and handed the blue paper
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dada2013: 11:34am On Aug 08, 2016
@ladyG can I reapply with my family
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nigeriainfo: 11:42am On Aug 08, 2016
Pls biko, It is Important i knw this and it is personal cos d person in question also read dis thread and i dont want him to knw am seeking for advice on visa related issue online
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:56am On Aug 08, 2016
dada2013:
@ladyG can I reapply with my family
If lack of travel history is the issue (as I'm guessing) then do you think applying with the family will change that?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:02pm On Aug 08, 2016
nigeriainfo:
Pls biko, It is Important i knw this and it is personal cos d person in question also read dis thread and i dont want him to knw am seeking for advice on visa related issue online
1. The truth is that I do not do pms or give private advice as a general rule. I have no idea what prompted me to call you. And you even over stepped the boundary by once calling me by 7am . I' like to help but not to the extent of mxing my personal space with nairaland hobby.
2. Clearly you are 'helping' somebody. Maybe even collecting money for it. I don't know. So in that circumstance I will be your mugu. My mooma didn't raise fools. Thou I'm here as a hobby and not to make money but I can't be pm.ing you and offering my opinion in charity and not be certain you aren't charging for it.

If you or your friend ask the question here, I shall answer it if I know the answer.
God bless you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by amalab30(m): 12:53pm On Aug 08, 2016
Guy. Welcome back and kindly take a shower to calm your nerves.

See, I know a couple of Gurus here won't answer to you.

It is obvious that (even if you read through past transcripts in this thread) you did not carefully read them.

I can also see that you were directed to make some statements.

I see many faults in your transcript. Take note of the bolded.

How would you want to go on Vacation and leave your wife and kids behind? Even if they are below 1 year. So you wanna go enjoy and leave them, frolicking wid different wee-men. Well it's all good.

Work on yourself bruh.

dada2013:
Vo. Good morning
Me . Good morning
Me . New York
Vo. What for
Me. Vacation
Me. No
Vo. Are you married
Me. Yes
Vo. Aw many kids
Me. 3
Me bank

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Gzux: 1:06pm On Aug 08, 2016
Hello LadyGuinivere, LagosNIV & other gurus in the house. Thanks for a job well done.

I got a B1/B2 visa which I was supposed to use to attend a training sponsored by my workplace in January 2015. It turned out that my company couldn't afford the training again so I didn't travel that period.

Now I want to go for vacation in September with the visa before it expires in November.

The training was supposed to be in California and for 5 days. But now I'm going for vacation for 14 days in Seattle.

I don't have a relative in the US and I stated that in filling my DS form. I was supposed to stay on the hotel for the conference but now I want to stay with a friend in Seattle.

Please am I supposed to write a letter of change of intent to the embassy cos I don't want any issues with CBP at POE since purpose, length of stay, POE have all changed.

Sorry for the long essay...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:13pm On Aug 08, 2016
amalab30:
Guy. Welcome back and kindly take a shower to calm your nerves.

See, I know a couple of Gurus here won't answer to you.

It is obvious that (even if you read through past transcripts in this thread) you did not carefully read them.

I can also see that you were directed to make some statements.

I see many faults in your transcript. Take note of the bolded.

How would you want to go on Vacation and leave your wife and kids behind? Even if they are below 1 year. So you wanna go enjoy and leave them, frolicking wid different wee-men. Well it's all good.

Work on yourself bruh.

Married men can go on vacation/holdiday/rest (any name called) with/without families. The vo has also commented on this myth. Transcripts posted also shows that.
I got my visa as a married woman. Alone. Likewise a million other people I know personally.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.