Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1536812 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dada2013: 1:21pm On Aug 08, 2016
Thanks ladyG i got it

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:25pm On Aug 08, 2016
Gzux:
Hello LadyGuinivere, LagosNIV & other gurus in the house. Thanks for a job well done.

I got a B1/B2 visa which I was supposed to use to attend a training sponsored by my workplace in January 2015. It turned out that my company couldn't afford the training again so I didn't travel that period.

Now I want to go for vacation in September with the visa before it expires in November.

The training was supposed to be in California and for 5 days. But now I'm going for vacation for 14 days in Seattle.

I don't have a relative in the US and I stated that in filling my DS form. I was supposed to stay on the hotel for the conference but now I want to stay with a friend in Seattle.

Please am I supposed to write a letter of change of intent to the embassy cos I don't want any issues with CBP at POE since purpose, length of stay, POE have all changed.

Sorry for the long essay...
Whether you write a letter or not does not make any difference ...
The desicion to let you into the country is at the discretion of the CBP and not the VO.
Again, writing a letter or is not a magic cure. The cbp's MUST ask you your reason for travel and any othet question they so desire. So writing a letter does not change that.
Another again, letter of intent has been so bas.tardised by Nigerians that it no longer holds any weight.
If you could not go for the conference then but want to travel now for a holiday the issues are Do you have a valid visa?
Do you have a genuine purpose for travel?
Can you support yourself without public aid in the US?
Has there been no misrepresentation in your application?
Can you explain the differencw in travel reasons?
If yes to all then you explain yourself. Nigerians usually have issues because their stories are upandan and when u ask one kweshion they answer another.
So in my opinion , No. I don't think u need to write a letter because it is of no effect to anything

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by AZUH: 1:25pm On Aug 08, 2016
@dada23 I don first meet Yoruba man for embassy before n only the mouth odor fit make vo reject him visa . you have to look good first . Vo Na person pikin . where you probably dressed ? Don't have to look like a lion n expect the vo to give you a visa . Secondly how was the interview I know you where shaking cos you've not travelled out of the country . Traveling experience can't stop anyone from getting a visa . Just rethink you will know what caused it .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:38pm On Aug 08, 2016
siina:
Mine was 8:45am, everything was going fine until he asked what I do and I said am an accountant with an institution. He just said my work is not related to the conference am going for and handed the blue paper

So two things . Ist you are one of the lucky few that know the reason for the refusal.
2nd , this is a learning point to future applicants. Conferences make sense when they are related to your career. Makes it easier to understand why the person wants to travel.
Sorry about the waste of 40 sumthin k. Next time I guess u will be better prepared
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mostwantedguy: 2:01pm On Aug 08, 2016
I applied for a B1/B2 visa to attend a paid conference in the US to present my research as I'm a research student here in Nigeria. Nevertheless, I was very honest in the questions the Consular Officer asked.
Eg. 1). Where are you going to? I replied Atlanta.
2). What for? I replied with the name of the conference.
3)What is the "Atomic number of Hydrogen"? I replied 2 out of anxiety because i never expected him to ask me that. While standing in front of the counter I still know it was one(1) but I sensed no need in contradicting what I initially said as that may not be what he might be on the look out for.
4)How long will you be staying in the US? I replied by saying 4 days in total including arrival and departure dates, as the conference date is November 17th - 18th, 2016.
5) Have you traveled to any country before? I said NO. Because I don't see any reason lying since a reason to travel out of the country was not there.

After punching the keys of his keyboard, he handed me a blue paper with a 214(B) refusal. Contacting the conference organizers, they told me I can reapply since I have till 3 months before the conference date.

Please what can you deduce from my case and what can I do from here? This conference would really give me an opportunity to enlarge my horizon and learn from international scholars from around the world. On the records, I studied Physics on undergraduate level and currently undergoing Applied Geophysics on Masters level.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dada2013: 2:08pm On Aug 08, 2016
@Azuh Thx for your time, am averagely okay and i believe in the saying that says the way you dress , you will be addressed also not shaking atall. But I will work on ladyG's advise and with God all will be well
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Steez009: 2:40pm On Aug 08, 2016
Good day,,, please I dey plan visit my girlfriend for US this November,, na she dey go like buy me plane ticket and stuff.. I dey work sha but my pay ain't that much.. I dey earn like 15k every month which I know is not enough,, please I need information on how to apply and stuff
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:43pm On Aug 08, 2016
@mostwanted guy
1. In my opinion, for the vo to ask you that question, clearly he knows a bit about the subject (physics I guess). So despite the fact that you gave the wrong answer at first you SHOULD HAVE corrected yourself there and then. If I am the person interviewing you and you do not know the answer to such an elementary question, I will definitely not be impressed.
2. Then I also believe the lack of travel history worked against u in addition to no. 1 for this present application.

Can you reapply within 3 months? Yes
Do I think there will be any difference in the outcome? No because nothing woild have changed in your circumstance. Remember your case is decided based on the whole ds 160 (which represents your whole circumstance) and not just the questions you were asked.
But I don't see the future. If you have money its your call. The downside is that too many applications in a short period of time does not help one's profile
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:44pm On Aug 08, 2016
Steez009:

Good day,,, please I dey plan visit my girlfriend for US this November,, na she dey go like buy me plane ticket and stuff.. I dey work sha but my pay ain't that much.. I dey earn like 15k every month which I know is not enough,, please I need information on how to apply and stuff
Check the US embassy website
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:52pm On Aug 08, 2016
siina:
Mine was 8:45am, everything was going fine until he asked what I do and I said am an accountant with an institution. He just said my work is not related to the conference am going for and handed the blue paper

siina:
Hello house ,there is this upcoming conference organised by the institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria(USA chapter) but the fee is on the high side. We are to pay $1540 for the conference, hotel and meals. Please which bank exchange rate is the cheapest at the moment?
Urgent reply needed pls. Thanks.

But you are an accountant na, abi? What's the conference about specifically? And how does it preclude your work and institution by extension? Transcript please.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:58pm On Aug 08, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

1. The truth is that I do not do pms or give private advice as a general rule. I have no idea what prompted me to call you. And you even over stepped the boundary by once calling me by 7am . I' like to help but not to the extent of mxing my personal space with nairaland hobby.
2. Clearly you are 'helping' somebody. Maybe even collecting money for it. I don't know. So in that circumstance I will be your mugu. My mooma didn't raise fools. Thou I'm here as a hobby and not to make money but I can't be pm.ing you and offering my opinion in charity and not be certain you aren't charging for it.

If you or your friend ask the question here, I shall answer it if I know the answer.
God bless you

You well! Correct yarn!!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 4:10pm On Aug 08, 2016
seyewest:
Yes of course... This is what you will do... Go to the site (https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/default.aspx) and click retrieve application it will give you 2 options which is view confirmation page and create a new application. Click view click confirmation page and beside print confirmation you will see print application. That's all.

So? Seye, come again please. How doable is this your style please? It won't even be highlighted na. How then can one get the info back or even print from there? And at what stage can one do so if I may ask?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:24pm On Aug 08, 2016
OmoBendel24:

So? Seye, come again please. How doable is this your style please? It won't even be highlighted na. How then can one get the info back or even print from there? And at what stage can one do so if I may ask?
im also interested in the answer....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 7:02pm On Aug 08, 2016
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Jesusbabygirl(f): 8:51pm On Aug 08, 2016
Good evening house, I am a newbie on this thread. Please i need assistance.....

I recently got married and my husband is schooling in the US. I plan to visit him in December hence I want to apply for a visiting visa. However, these are my concerns:

1. Must I do a change of name or will my marriage cert suffice?
2. Is it sufficient to tell the VO that I have a decent job in Nigeria and only want to visit my husband (which is true)
3. I got admitted into a school in the US and deferred till Fall next year and I hope to take it up next year, will my visiting visa application affect my student visa application next year?

......expecting your epp...thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:17pm On Aug 08, 2016
Jesusbabygirl:
Good evening house, I am a newbie on this thread. Please i need assistance.....

I recently got married and my husband is schooling in the US. I plan to visit him in December hence I want to apply for a visiting visa. However, these are my concerns:

1. Must I do a change of name or will my marriage cert suffice?
2. Is it sufficient to tell the VO that I have a decent job in Nigeria and only want to visit my husband (which is true)
3. I got admitted into a school in the US and deferred till Fall next year and I hope to take it up next year, will my visiting visa application affect my student visa application next year?

......expecting your epp...thanks
1. You must not do a name change on your travel documents. However, there are some legal requirements for a valid name change. You should comply with that for other things. apart from US visa application.
Most times, documents are not sought, but in the unlikely event that you are asked, do you not think it is better to have the right documents handy?

2. This boils down to the issue of ties. You must tell the vo exactly the truth about your personal circumstances and reason for travel. Afterwards, only he can determine if it is sufficent to grant u a visa.

3. A B visa is different from an F visa. Different criteria are used in determining the eligibility and ordinarily one application shouldn't affect the other. If however you are dishonest while applying for one, it can affect the other negatively
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Jesusbabygirl(f): 9:23pm On Aug 08, 2016
Thanks Lady G. I am wondering if changing my name won't affect my application to school next year...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by siina(m): 9:37pm On Aug 08, 2016
OmoBendel24:

But you are an accountant na, abi? What's the conference about specifically? And how does it preclude your work and institution by extension? Transcript please.
since when was that posted na, so you still expecting I will just be going for interview if it were to be that conference. This particular one is on climate change
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:54pm On Aug 08, 2016
siina:
since when was that posted na, so you still expecting I will just be going for interview if it were to be that conference. This particular one is on climate change

Okay, gotten.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:25pm On Aug 08, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

@LadyG and @omobandel it's not possible anymore... it was possible before not anymore
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:31pm On Aug 08, 2016
siina:
I had the same issue with my first and last rejection.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burger01(m): 11:34am On Aug 09, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Me too cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:41am On Aug 09, 2016
Burger01:
Me too cheesy
So we're basically back to status quo. The only way to edit a submitted form is to write in?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iyaaliyah: 12:30pm On Aug 09, 2016
Good morning, please has anyone here been able to secure an expedited appointment? Is there any extra charges? Can one get expedited appointment for training? Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by chima1978: 12:36pm On Aug 09, 2016
Hello all, hopefully one of you will be able to answer my question.

I will like to fill out an application and travel in December for my annual leave. If I fill an application today today for instance, when is most likely the earliest date for an interview going to be?

Please help!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 12:43pm On Aug 09, 2016
chima1978:
Hello all, hopefully one of you will be able to answer my question.

I will like to fill out an application and travel in December for my annual leave. If I fill an application today today for instance, when is most likely the earliest date for an interview going to be?

Please help!

From September 20th
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 1:04pm On Aug 09, 2016
vickero:
@simababe.I have not been to the embassy yet.I couldn't go yesterday was very busy,the lady that called explained she is not always available on Tuesdays.So wouldn't be able to go today,buh will do during the week.Will update the house when I do.

How did this go? Kindly update the house sir. Regards

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 1:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
seyewest:
@LadyG and @omobandel it's not possible anymore... it was possible before not anymore
LadyGuinivere:

So we're basically back to status quo. The only way to edit a submitted form is to write it?
OmoBendel24:

From that confirmation page you will see two options; to either print it or create new application (this is the option that will retrieve your previous DS160 details and populate a new one for you save for a few info like travel dates and some. "Yes/No" questions). Dig? It is actually for those renewing, but can be used by those who previously submitted a DS160 form too, whether they went for the interview or not, got a visa or not. We've been here before. Remember?

Not really oh @LadyG, this style works but it's some sort of Israelite journey! However, it's worth it if one so want to get most of the info submitted back per adventure it wasn't printed, saved or stored in a reachable place initially.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burger01(m): 3:13pm On Aug 09, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Not really oh @LadyG, this style works but it's some sort of Israelite journey! However, it's worth it if one so want to get most of the info submitted back per adventure it wasn't printed, saved or stored in a reachable place initially.
Can these info be updated on already submitted form
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by chima1978: 3:16pm On Aug 09, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

From September 20th

Thank you so much for your response. Where will I be able to have access to this kind of information?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:08pm On Aug 09, 2016
Burger01:
Can these info be updated on already submitted form
No Never.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 4:20pm On Aug 09, 2016
chima1978:

Thank you so much for your response. Where will I be able to have access to this kind of information?

It's a process.

Take your international passport or the photocopy to GTbank to pay your visa fee.

Fill the online application form (DS160) https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

Schedule an appointment. http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-appointmentschedule.asp

Attend the interview.

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61