Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1538257 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olumde01: 12:54pm On May 19, 2017
Pls people in the house help me. My brother in US is trying to invite me for his graduation ceremony in June 22nd and and he sent the copy of invitation letter to me. Now my passport would be ready next week Friday May 26th. Hope the my application would not be too later. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Phemorinho(m): 2:58pm On May 19, 2017
Hello house,
I was denied visiting visa last year july. I guess it was because i have never travelled out of the country before. I work with one of the security agencies. I went there in my uniform, with all confidence hoping i would be given, but i was bounced. I have not travelled since then o. But should i still apply?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:56pm On May 19, 2017
Phemorinho:
Hello house,
I was denied visiting visa last year july. I guess it was because i have never travelled out of the country before. I work with one of the security agencies. I went there in my uniform, with all confidence hoping i would be given, but i was bounced. I have not travelled since then o. But should i still apply?
You are advised to reapply when a substantial change has occured in your personal circumstances eg travel, job, marital status.
Has that happened? The answer to your queston is with you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:31pm On May 19, 2017
JWTheocracy1:
All I saw is place to stay. no provision for places to visit. that could be on if I click on already made travel plans. This is really giving me a sleepless night because I don't know how I will make the vo understand me on this.
if you're going for conference it make sense if you click on yes at ''have you made travel plans''
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:33pm On May 19, 2017
Ayomibare:
Hello guys.. I was denied a US visa in December 2013. On my passport then, was a fake Indian visa and the vo asked me of my purpose of visiting India which I answered, visiting my brother in India..

Now I'm going for my friend's mom's 70th birthday in August)(my friend is a surgeon in d US). And I have a new passport.. Should I still fill in my ds160 form that I've travelled to India before or say the truth.. Im married with 3 kids and have a good job(project manager).

Que 1..should I still put India in my travel history

Que 2..what should I put as my purpose of visiting US.

Que 3.(I have d intention of coming back to Nigeria) how long should I put my visit duration to maximize my chances

Que 4.. What are my chances of getting the visa

Thanks for the good job on this forum.
Did you visit India with the fake visa?
Why will you put a fake visa on your passport when you know the implication?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:37pm On May 19, 2017
JWTheocracy1:
To make my self more clear. what I'm going is a religious Tourism. places I would be visiting as regards to where my religion have their structures and archives is different from the state I have my host family who would be leading me on the Tour to those places. that's the fact.

so I want the house to understand my situation more clearer and advise me.
I get what you're saying it's just like saying you're visiting New York for tourism but will be staying in New Jersey... You will fill the name of your host in U.S and fill the 2 cities/states as where you will visit.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olumde01: 4:41pm On May 19, 2017
olumde01:
Pls people in the house help me. My brother in US is trying to invite me for his graduation ceremony in June 22nd and and he sent the copy of invitation letter to me. Now my passport would be ready next week Friday May 26th. Hope the my application would not be too later. Thanks

Gurus in the house pls help me attend to the above. In addition, should I just go online and feel the form?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:43pm On May 19, 2017
Fiyinfoluwa20:

Seyewest I already replied;

Yes, for the time I would be spending there this summer ! The category of Visa my employer got for me permits me to work temporarily. Which may eventually be renewed for a longer one.

Please, based on my previous exposition, what category of Visa would you advise I apply for?
If you want to visit the U.S for tourism then get a non immigrant tourist visa .... Where do you think you have strong ties?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:50pm On May 19, 2017
ibrocoast:
Hello gurus...i have an interview come monday(3
days to go) which i wont be able to attend. I want to
reschedule the appointment but someone told me that i
cant reschedule it since it is closer to d appointment
date.. That it must be 5 days to d date of the
appointment. Pls what should i do? Am i going to pay
another visa fee if i dont attend it?
click reschedule... Hope this is the first time you're doing this and just to be clearer you can schedule interview date twice but you can only cancel interview appointment once.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:53pm On May 19, 2017
olumde01:

Gurus in the house pls help me attend to the above. In addition, should I just go online and feel the form?
and when filling the form what will you put as the new passport number?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olumde01: 4:57pm On May 19, 2017
seyewest:
and when filling the form what will you put as the new passport number?

I have an old passport and it has expired. I have gone for renewal in which they promised me it will be ready next week Friday . I hope the visa processing won't be too late? Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:01pm On May 19, 2017
olumde01:

I have an old passport and it has expired. I have gone for renewal in which they promised me it will be ready next week Friday . I hope the visa processing won't be too late? Thanks
you can't schedule an appointment and fill a new ds160 form when you don't have the new passport number you will have to wait.. nothing do you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olumde01: 5:05pm On May 19, 2017
seyewest:
you can't schedule an appointment and fill a new ds160 form when you don't have the new passport number you will have to wait.. nothing do you.

Okay thanks, I will wait. How can I go about the invitation letter. The letter was written by the school. I believe they must have sent it to Nigeria Embassy. Just guessing anyway.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:08pm On May 19, 2017
olumde01:

Okay thanks, I will wait. How can I go about the invitation letter. The letter was written by the school. I believe they must have sent it to Nigeria Embassy. Just guessing anyway.
They won't even check it but take it along... tell you bro to scan and send it to you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 5:12pm On May 19, 2017
A little research in this forum, will show you that no one looks at documents. Even the VO's has repeated it again and again. Get ur Nigerian passport, ur confirmation page and ur payment receipt and March to the US embassy for your interview. Please intending applicants try and do small research na.

olumde01:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olumde01: 5:13pm On May 19, 2017
seyewest:
They won't even check it but take it along... tell you bro to scan and send it to you.

I have the letter already with me. Though, I don't intend spending more than 2weeks cos of my place of work and again I have not travel before
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:18pm On May 19, 2017
olumde01:

I have the letter already with me. Though, I don't intend spending more than 2weeks cos of my place of work and again I have not travel before
bros I'm not the V.O and I have nothing to say about that... just don't spend more than 6 months after they issue you the visa and also go through the forum you will learn a lot.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ayomibare: 5:35pm On May 19, 2017
seyewest:

Did you visit India with the fake visa?
Why will you put a fake visa on your passport when you know the implication?
I just handed everything over to the travel agent.. He just charged me to arrange my documents. I didn't know the implications then..

I have never left Nigeria. Not even cotonou
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 5:48pm On May 19, 2017
Ayomibare:
I just handed everything over to the travel agent.. He just charged me to arrange my documents. I didn't know the implications then..

I have never left Nigeria. Not even cotonou
lolz... this agents no go kill person. very heartless group of individuals.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ayomibare: 5:51pm On May 19, 2017
JWTheocracy1:
lolz... this agents no go kill person. very heartless group of individuals.
but us it possible to fill the ds160 form myself without involving any agent..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ibrocoast: 6:03pm On May 19, 2017
Oga seye.. Pls can u shed more light on travel plan?
seyewest:

if you're going for conference it make sense if you click on yes at ''have you made travel plans''
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by milayo(f): 6:05pm On May 19, 2017
Hummn.. Good evening elders in d house... honestly I was scared to ask this question I'm about to ask but I just have to summon courage anyways.

please my husband went for US interview last year August but was denied. we don't know if it's because he has never travelled before or because he mentioned he Will be visiting his sister who went through visiting but stayed back to study and his mum who went but has since come back to Nigeria(she didn't over stay).

Now we have travelled together has a family to south Africa and we want to apply as a family, myself, husband and 20months old son. we don't know how to explain the sister ish to the VO since its already on record and we don't even intend visiting her. we just want to go for 2weeks vacation and come back to our work and business.

Thanks for ur anticipated advice.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 7:29pm On May 19, 2017
1.TELL THEM THE TRUTH.

2. YOUR HUSBAND WAS PROBABLY DENIED BECAUSE HIS SISTER IS AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT, HIS MUM WAS PROBABLY GIVEN ON HUMANITARIAN GROUNDS AND THE FACT THAT SHE IS I GUESS OLD, AND WAY PAST THE "PROBABLY GOING TO STAY BACK ILLEGALLY" AGE GROUP/RANGE.

3. WHAT EXACTLY WOULD YOUR STRONG TIES TO NIGERIA BE, IF ALL THE FAMILY IS IN THE US?

milayo:
Hummn.. Good evening elders in d house... honestly I was scared to ask this question I'm about to ask but I just have to summon courage anyways.

please my husband went for US interview last year August but was denied. we don't know if it's because he has never travelled before or because he mentioned he Will be visiting his sister who went through visiting but stayed back to study and his mum who went but has since come back to Nigeria(she didn't over stay).

Now we have travelled together has a family to south Africa and we want to apply as a family, myself, husband and 20months old son. we don't know how to explain the sister ish to the VO since its already on record and we don't even intend visiting her. we just want to go for 2weeks vacation and come back to our work and business.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 8:41pm On May 19, 2017
Ayomibare:
Ayomibare:
Yes 100% possible. the form is as easy and transparent as cooking noodles.
I almost fell prey to an agent before I jammed this wonderful forum coincidentally.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:37pm On May 19, 2017
JWTheocracy1:
Yes 100% possible. the form is as easy and transparent as cooking noodles.
I almost fell prey to an agent before I jammed this wonderful forum coincidentally. I played for the Application fee twice because I made use of an agent in the first one and later canceled it after reading things here.

Been going through your questions these past days/week(s) as you keep bombarding, will just advice you once more and again, you are learning and fast too, but then, will it hurt if you shelve this travel plan temporarily? Just get better and better first, understand some more, don't rush this any more. Hard to accept, but try and do, keep your positivity up still.... Regards

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:43pm On May 19, 2017
milayo:

Just my opinion; good steps taken so far but not sufficient yet, the stakes are way higher for your husband in this situation. Forget all these plenty rigmarole plans.... What are your hubby's strongest ties to home to overcome this massive hurdle his sister has laid? And yours? Seems better if you and the baby go this route alone without him for now sha if your own ties are good!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 10:02pm On May 19, 2017
this is really a very nice advice.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 10:05pm On May 19, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Been going through your questions these past days/week(s) as you keep bombarding, will just advice you once more and again, you are learning and fast too, but then, will it hurt if you shelve this travel plan temporarily? Just get better and better first, understand some more, don't rush this any more. Hard to accept, but try and do, keep your positivity up still.... Regards
The question is to You bro.
I've canceled my already submitted DS-160 due to mistake.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:43pm On May 19, 2017
JWTheocracy1:
I've canceled my already submitted DS-160 once and resubmit another one. if I cancel the entire interview and try rescheduling it won't it affect my visa fee payment?

"Cancellation"/swapping of already submitted DS160 has nothing to do with cancelling/rescheduling of visa interview date. Simple question: have you cancelled or rescheduled your interview appointment date on this current MRV fee before? If NO, then no ish, your once opportunity to do so is still intact.... Go ahead then, reschedule!

#JustStoopToConquer
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 10:49pm On May 19, 2017
OmoBendel24:

"Cancellation"/swapping of already submitted DS160 has nothing to do with cancelling/rescheduling of visa interview date. Simple question: have you cancelled or rescheduled your interview appointment date on this current MRV fee before? If NO, then no ish, your once opportunity to do so is still intact.... #JustStoopToConquer
JWTheocracy1:
I've canceled my already submitted DS-160 once and resubmit another one. if I cancel the entire interview and try rescheduling it won't it affect my visa fee payment?
no I've not rescheduled an appointment yet. please are you away of nearest available date let me know what to do now.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 10:52pm On May 19, 2017
OmoBendel24:

"Cancellation"/swapping of already submitted DS160 has nothing to do with cancelling/rescheduling of visa interview date. Simple question: have you cancelled or rescheduled your interview appointment date on this current MRV fee before? If NO, then no ish, your once opportunity to do so is still intact.... Go ahead then, reschedule!

#JustStoopToConquer
I appreciate Sir.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 10:53pm On May 19, 2017
JWTheocracy1:
how many time can I make a swap on a particular application?
please check your email sir.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.