Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,173 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (464) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1535858 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fmsuhgar: 6:33am On Aug 04, 2017
Please House,I am a graduate student in USA and my girlfriend still a masters student in Nigeria want to come visiting for 2 weeks, is there going to be any letter is Invitation? And also, is there any chances for her to get approved? Also, if she present her graduate identity card to the vo,does that indicate a strong home ties?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 7:45am On Aug 04, 2017
No one knows the VO's mind. But if I was one, I would probably think he's lying unless he says it was out of wedlock. The interviews are short and fast, with a lot of applicants. As you can see the VO didn't ask him a follow-up question about that discrepancy.
seyewest:
Been married for 3 years and having just a kid who is 4 yrs old is not relevant here... you can be married for 2 yrs and have a 5 yrs old kid.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sihamey: 9:22am On Aug 04, 2017
My people of Nairaland please to ask this question and need your answer or suggestions.

When ask in Application form if you have made iternary plan? Is the question implied for those who have paid for the flight ticket and for those who have plan their Date of departure and return Date without flight Booking? Or i should leave the question as No.

I need to fill this form properly, Kindly help

Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by wendykaay: 9:45am On Aug 04, 2017
Good morning please what's the k3 process since my husband already filed for me and has a pending immigrant process and how long does it takes since he is a US citizen.thanks alot
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cosade(m): 10:26am On Aug 04, 2017
sihamey:
My people of Nairaland please to ask this question and need your answer or suggestions.

When ask in Application form if you have made iternary plan? Is the question implied for those who have paid for the flight ticket and for those who have plan their Date of departure and return Date without flight Booking? Or i should leave the question as No.

I need to fill this form properly, Kindly help

Thanks.

Visa applicants are always advised not to buy tickets until visa issuance. So you should state the dates planned for the trip.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cosade(m): 10:37am On Aug 04, 2017
fmsuhgar:
Please House,I am a graduate student in USA and my girlfriend still a masters student in Nigeria want to come visiting for 2 weeks, is there going to be any letter is Invitation? And also, is there any chances for her to get approved? Also, if she present her graduate identity card to the vo,does that indicate a strong home ties?

Your invitation letter would not add any value to her visa application, equally the graduate ID serve no purpose here. My suggestion is that you should allow her parent to sponsor her for the visa application.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Royals1: 12:37pm On Aug 04, 2017
Hellloooo nairalanders am filling my form now.
a question was asked
hav u Eva been refused. us visa or refused admission to us . I chose yes and was stilll asked to explain y. can I say I was refused under section 214b.
2. contact person for conference, relationship to u. can I chose biz associate or I chose other.
3. after chosen NO for travel plans. it still ask intended date of arrival should I put. or clik don't no .
4. as a biZ owner do how do I explain my duty

plllllsssss help urgently
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by pilarnig(m): 12:50pm On Aug 04, 2017
ceevon:
Hello fam. I have been a silent reader but all the useful info I got here have helped. I went to the embassy at abuja today with my husband and to the glory of God we were approved for our visas.

VO: hello good morning.
Us: Goodmorning how are you?
VO: Fine.. So where in florida are you going?
Me: Miami Beach.
Vo: why?
Me: Because its summer and we are going for our honeymoon.
Vo: When did you get married?
Me: june
Vo: are you going to be seeking any form of medical care
Us: No
Vo: are you pregnant?
Me: no
Vo: Madam what do you do?
Me: im a medical doctor with the department of community medicine at........................
Vo: what do you do there?
Me: we concern ourselves with the prevention/ control of infectious diseases bla bla.....
Vo: have you worked with any international NGO?
Me: no.
Vo: ok where did you get your degree?
Me: .......... in 2013.
Vo: how long have you worked with your establishment?
Me: 2years.
Vo: sir what do you do?
Hubby: I run my own business called....................
Vo: what do you people do?
Hubby: we manufacture and distribute fruit juices and carbonated drinks.
Vo.: how many staff do you have?
Hubby: 15
Vo: how much do you earn monthly?
Hubby: ( he thought she said annually) 10 - 15million.
Vo: what is your take home pay after expenditures monthly?
Hubby: 1million.
Vo: have you travelled out of nigeria before?
Hubby: yes to georgia and dubai
Vo: Georgia? Can I see your passport? * looks at it and says ok georgia in Europe not america*
Hubby: yes.
Vo: what did you go for?
Hubby: to get my masters degree.
Vo: what topic?
Hubby: an MBA..
Vo: okay I see...where are your parents and siblings?
Us: * gave our individual answers*
She typed on her system for some minutes then said I have approved your visas please take this* hands us white slip* to get information for collection.
Us: thank you so much. Have a nice day
Vo: you are wlcome.

This is the best transcript I have read here so far... I like the way your husband answered... Safe journey madam

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by showerses: 1:01pm On Aug 04, 2017
I hail you all, i went for my Interview in Lagos today which was by 8:45am and was interviewed by a young lady in window 1 i was denied below is my Transcript

Me: good morning
VO: your passport please
Me: I passed it to her
VO: where are you going to
Me: San Antonio
VO: why
Me: i hope to attend .... i mentioned the name of the conference, the organizer and people it is for, but she cuts me short
VO: Have you traveled out of Nigeria before
Me: Yes to Ghana and Dubai
VO: where do you work
Me: I told her where i work, my position and started telling her my duties then she cuts me short
VO: Are you married
Me: Yes
VO: do you have children
Me: I have a child
VO: Sorry ....You can reapply
Me: Thank you

All these communication was within 1min, and she has been dishing out blue paper to those before me that made the person behind me had to excuse herself that she wants to use the toilet and went and stand to be interviewed in another window, No white paper on her table only blue

The thing is that i really want to attend the conference as that is the only conference organized for people in my field of work which will really help me as individual and my organization at large, though the conference is in November my company will be paying for it " though i can also afford it" Please i need your suggestion if i should reapply or will it look as if i am desperate

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by def111(m): 2:13pm On Aug 04, 2017
showerses:
I hail you all, i went for my Interview in Lagos today which was by 8:45am and was interviewed by a young lady in window 1 i was denied below is my Transcript

Me: i hope to attend .... i mentioned the name of the conference, the organizer and people it is for, but she cuts me short
Me: I told her where i work, my position and started telling her my duties then she cuts me short

All these communication was within 1min, and she has been dishing out blue paper to those before me that made the person behind me had to excuse herself that she wants to use the toilet and went and stand to be interviewed in another window, No white paper on her table only blue

The thing is that i really want to attend the conference as that is the only conference organized for people in my field of work which will really help me as individual and my organization at large, though the conference is in November my company will be paying for it " though i can also afford it" Please i need your suggestion if i should reapply or will it look as if i am desperate

If we talk am say some VO na witch, some people go say na lie,.... Some of them get bad day from the first person that lie to them and put it on everybody head... Since it conference and it get meaning to you, you can reapply again,

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Royals1: 2:33pm On Aug 04, 2017
Royals1:
Hellloooo nairalanders am filling my form now.
a question was asked
hav u Eva been refused. us visa or refused admission to us . I chose yes and was stilll asked to explain y. can I say I was refused under section 214b.
2. contact person for conference, relationship to u. can I chose biz associate or I chose other.
3. after chosen NO for travel plans. it still ask intended date of arrival should I put. or clik don't no .
4. as a biZ owner do how do I explain my duty

plllllsssss help urgently

someone should posses help wit my questions
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Onedibe1: 3:15pm On Aug 04, 2017
Pls can anyone clearify me on american tourist/business visa,i heard if 1 enters america with such visa..He or she wont be allowed to work throughout his/her stay there?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 3:31pm On Aug 04, 2017
You are not expected to work with a tourist visa.

Onedibe1:
Pls can anyone clearify me on american tourist/business visa,i heard if 1 enters america with such visa..He or she wont be allowed to work throughout his/her stay there?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ogbuzulu: 3:36pm On Aug 04, 2017
please friends, I need your advise. Am a young man ,single, graduate from unilag, served in kaduna 2014. one of my uncles (diff surnames though) wants to invite me to the states by Nov/Dec. what do you guys think? thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:46pm On Aug 04, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
No one knows the VO's mind. But if I was one, I would probably think he's lying unless he says it was out of wedlock. The interviews are short and fast, with a lot of applicants. As you can see the VO didn't ask him a follow-up question about that discrepancy.
He's not proactive enough
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Onedibe1: 3:47pm On Aug 04, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
You are not expected to work with a tourist visa.

So no 1 in usa is does minor job wit a tourist visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asid(m): 4:01pm On Aug 04, 2017
Onedibe1:

What exactly are you driving at, you have been advised accordingly, appreciate it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Onedibe1: 4:05pm On Aug 04, 2017
asid:

What exactly are you driving at, you have been advised accordingly, appreciate it.

No bro,am just trying to be sure of something
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cosade(m): 4:41pm On Aug 04, 2017
Onedibe1:

There is nothing like minor job, job na job!

If however you're an investor, you're allowed to conduct business meetings but not work.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cosade(m): 4:46pm On Aug 04, 2017
ogbuzulu:
please friends, I need your advise. Am a young man ,single, graduate from unilag, served in kaduna 2014. one of my uncles (diff surnames though) wants to invite me to the states by Nov/Dec. what do you guys think? thank you

It doesn't matter who invites you, you're the one that would be interviewed and assessed on your merit. VOs don't look at letters of invitation, the most important thing is for you to be able to establish that you have strong ties to your home country/or country of residence.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 4:55pm On Aug 04, 2017
showerses:

Window 1?.....talk much Sha, but God go with u next time, this time don't talk much....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 4:58pm On Aug 04, 2017
def111:

If we talk am say some VO na witch, some people go say na lie,.... Some of them get bad day from the first person that lie to them and put it on everybody head... Since it conference and it get meaning to you, you can reapply again,

That woman ehn, she's hot blooded... grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 5:07pm On Aug 04, 2017
unclephilio123:
Nawa oooo,just like that?Just belief that you were favored.

This is the kind of interview I am asking from the Lord... grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cosade(m): 5:13pm On Aug 04, 2017
showerses:

You said your company would be sponsoring you for the conference but this didn't come out clearly in your response to the VO's question when she asked.

Your script:

Me: i hope to attend .... i mentioned the name of the conference, the organizer and people it is for, but she cuts me short (here you should have emphasised that your company is sponsoring you)
Me: I told her where i work, my position and started telling her my duties then she cuts me short (if where you work is not a well known company/organisation, you should quickly add some catchy info like it's annual turnover if it runs into billions etc.)

On whether you should reapply or not, my suggestion is that you should not. Look for similar conference/workshop in Europe/South Africa and attend, then next year you may want to reapply if you so desire.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jj17cv(m): 5:16pm On Aug 04, 2017
see interview some VO go ask u question like say person won write SAT exam

westo2017
I want to thank the house for the section I went through before applying for my US visa which was granted. It was a 4 mins interview which goes like this:
VO: Your passport please
ME: (I pass it)
VO: typed for few second and asked (you said you are going to Iowa)
ME: I replied (yes)
VO: started typing again and asked (what do you do?)
ME: I replied
VO: How many people sorted with you?
ME: 8 people
VO: typed for few seconds and asked (how many kids do you say you have?)
ME: 5
VO: your visa have been approved, enjoy your stay in the USN
ME: Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 7:42pm On Aug 04, 2017
Yeah, it is clearly stated that you're not expected to do any work.

Onedibe1:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Onedibe1: 8:54pm On Aug 04, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Yeah, it is clearly stated that you're not expected to do any work.

Somehw it cn be manovered..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:42pm On Aug 04, 2017
Onedibe1:

Do you have a visiting visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Biamoz(m): 11:50pm On Aug 04, 2017
i intend to attend a conference in the states and wish to know the supporting documents required. The conference organizer will take care of my stay in the states both my accommodation. I wish to know the documents to supports the documents sent by the conference organizers . Please an urgent response is highly needed
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 4:07am On Aug 05, 2017
Onedibe1:

No it cannot and will not be maneuvered and you should not work or attempt to work on a visiting visa. People like you are the reason it is difficult for genuine travelers to get visas.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by aragonbaba(m): 6:36am On Aug 05, 2017
My dear , I realized the best person to meet in all those windows was the black American lady . she even speaks Yoruba. All those white guys were dishing out blue papers as if they had programmed to slam people yesterday. All is well
You can reapply and be watchful to know the window and interviewer to meet. I learnt a lot yesterday.
showerses:

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Royals1: 6:41am On Aug 05, 2017
morning all, I don't no wt to put to dis question in d ds160 form. reason for last refusal. can I put because no sufficient ties.

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.