Stats: 3,157,923 members, 7,835,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (462) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1540350 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by honeyoluwatoyin: 11:14am On Aug 02, 2017
Update on cheap ticket to USA plssss
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cosade(m): 11:19am On Aug 02, 2017
Rudy007:

Thanks for your response. Can being a currently serving youth corper be regarded as a strong tie to the country. I have someone who's currently serving but planning on Going for a two weeks vacation, please what are his chances??

It depends on the circumstances, let's take for example a foreign graduate who returned to Nigeria for youth service would have no reason to abandon the programme. Equally, same for a student that schooled in Nigeria and has spent his or her vacation(s) in Europe and North America before.

Else, I will say "No". I would need evidence that I can trust this person to return to Nigeria to complete his NYSC programme.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ceevon: 11:33am On Aug 02, 2017
Hello fam. I have been a silent reader but all the useful info I got here have helped. I went to the embassy at abuja today with my husband and to the glory of God we were approved for our visas.

VO: hello good morning.
Us: Goodmorning how are you?
VO: Fine.. So where in florida are you going?
Me: Miami Beach.
Vo: why?
Me: Because its summer and we are going for our honeymoon.
Vo: When did you get married?
Me: june
Vo: are you going to be seeking any form of medical care
Us: No
Vo: are you pregnant?
Me: no
Vo: Madam what do you do?
Me: im a medical doctor with the department of community medicine at........................
Vo: what do you do there?
Me: we concern ourselves with the prevention/ control of infectious diseases bla bla.....
Vo: have you worked with any international NGO?
Me: no.
Vo: ok where did you get your degree?
Me: .......... in 2013.
Vo: how long have you worked with your establishment?
Me: 2years.
Vo: sir what do you do?
Hubby: I run my own business called....................
Vo: what do you people do?
Hubby: we manufacture and distribute fruit juices and carbonated drinks.
Vo.: how many staff do you have?
Hubby: 15
Vo: how much do you earn monthly?
Hubby: ( he thought she said annually) 10 - 15million.
Vo: what is your take home pay after expenditures monthly?
Hubby: 1million.
Vo: have you travelled out of nigeria before?
Hubby: yes to georgia and dubai
Vo: Georgia? Can I see your passport? * looks at it and says ok georgia in Europe not america*
Hubby: yes.
Vo: what did you go for?
Hubby: to get my masters degree.
Vo: what topic?
Hubby: an MBA..
Vo: okay I see...where are your parents and siblings?
Us: * gave our individual answers*
She typed on her system for some minutes then said I have approved your visas please take this* hands us white slip* to get information for collection.
Us: thank you so much. Have a nice day
Vo: you are wlcome.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Habisoye: 11:37am On Aug 02, 2017
Please Gurus in the house;

If at the interview a question was asked by the VO like this: "WHERE ARE YOU GOING IN THE US or WHERE ARE YOU VISITING?
Which is the best answer to give, is the TOURIST CENTER ADDRESS in the Ds-160 form or the HOTEL ADDRESS in the ds-160 ?
And also is there any difference answer for this two or they are the same question?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cosade(m): 11:38am On Aug 02, 2017
sihamey:

Thank you for your reply but Please get my point ;
My question is should i State what has change in my circumstances after 2year on the form? not change of visa plan. Please stick to the question don't try to analyze my Financial Status.

Sorry that I didn't tell you what you wanted to hear. I hope you know that the VO wouldn't apologise to you for asking to announce your salary in the presence of other visa applicants and still deny you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by unclephilio123(m): 11:56am On Aug 02, 2017
westo2017:
I want to thank the house for the section I went through before applying for my US visa which was granted. It was a 4 mins interview which goes like this:

VO: Your passport please
ME: (I pass it)
VO: typed for few second and asked (you said you are going to Iowa)
ME: I replied (yes)
VO: started typing again and asked (what do you do?)
ME: I replied
VO: How many people sorted with you?
ME: 8 people
VO: typed for few seconds and asked (how many kids do you say you have?)
ME: 5
VO: your visa have been approved, enjoy your stay in the USN
ME: Thank you
Nawa oooo,just like that?Just belief that you were favored.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Rudy007: 11:59am On Aug 02, 2017
cosade:

It depends on the circumstances, let's take for example a foreign graduate who returned to Nigeria for youth service would have no reason to abandon the programme. Equally, same for a student that schooled in Nigeria and has spent his or her vacation(s) in Europe and North America before.

Else, I will say "No". I would need evidence that I can trust this person to return to Nigeria to complete his NYSC programme.

This person has never traveled out of the country for vacation before. But he's got a house willed to him and jst enrolled for masters program. Do u think think he she go ahead and apply??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Rachie83: 12:10pm On Aug 02, 2017
ceevon:
Hello fam. I have been a silent reader but all the useful info I got here have helped. I went to the embassy at abuja today with my husband and to the glory of God we were approved for our visas.

VO: hello good morning.
Us: Goodmorning how are you?
VO: Fine.. So where in florida are you going?
Me: Miami Beach.
Vo: why?
Me: Because its summer and we are going for our honeymoon.
Vo: When did you get married?
Me: june
Vo: are you going to be seeking any form of medical care
Us: No
Vo: are you pregnant?
Me: no
Vo: Madam what do you do?
Me: im a medical doctor with the department of community medicine at........................
Vo: what do you do there?
Me: we concern ourselves with the prevention/ control of infectious diseases bla bla.....
Vo: have you worked with any international NGO?
Me: no.
Vo: ok where did you get your degree?
Me: .......... in 2013.
Vo: how long have you worked with your establishment?
Me: 2years.
Vo: sir what do you do?
Hubby: I run my own business called....................
Vo: what do you people do?
Hubby: we manufacture and distribute fruit juices and carbonated drinks.
Vo.: how many staff do you have?
Hubby: 15
Vo: how much do you earn monthly?
Hubby: ( he thought she said annually) 10 - 15million.
Vo: what is your take home pay after expenditures monthly?
Hubby: 1million.
Vo: have you travelled out of nigeria before?
Hubby: yes to georgia and dubai
Vo: Georgia? Can I see your passport? * looks at it and says ok georgia in Europe not america*
Hubby: yes.
Vo: what did you go for?
Hubby: to get my masters degree.
Vo: what topic?
Hubby: an MBA..
Vo: okay I see...where are your parents and siblings?
Us: * gave our individual answers*
She typed on her system for some minutes then said I have approved your visas please take this* hands us white slip* to get information for collection.
Us: thank you so much. Have a nice day
Vo: you are wlcome.
Congratulations, were you asked of any documents? ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kunleayo: 12:20pm On Aug 02, 2017
@LadyGuinivere

I was hoping to be a silent reader and tap into the "Silent Reader" blessing, but anxiety will not let me. I have few questions please, I need your advise.

My Appointment is for September.

I have a training for 20 and 21 September and my interview is for 13th September, I hope this is not an issue?

Good enough, there is another batch for 25 & 26 September.

My company is covering the entire expenses for 2 weeks.

Please what are the necessary supporting documents to go along to support my case.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by unclephilio123(m): 12:21pm On Aug 02, 2017
Sgttanner:
Hello everyone.. I Have been a silent reader of this great forum... I had my interview on june 13 but was denied and I am planning to reapply again this August due to some circumstances... Here my transcript goes thus:

VO:good morning sir
Me:good morning (passed my passport)
VO:where are you going in the states
Me:I am going to Chicago by June 30 to visit my cousin ( mentioned his name) who is a public accountant just for 2 weeks only. He came to visit me last year and I promised to return back his visit
VO: what do you do
Me:I am a marketer of building materials.. Majorly cement., I have 3 sales men 2 driver, 2trucks and my office is located at bla bla bla
Vo:what brand of cement
Me:Dangote cement
Vo: Are you married?
Me: No I am single but engaged and I will be getting married by September(vo:oh congrats) and also I have a child out of wedlock.
VO:Have you traveled before
Me:Yes, I have be to pritioria, South Africa.. That was December last year and I went for vacation and also used the opportunity to see an old Time friend
VO:How much is your take home pay
Me:I pay my self an average of 358,000 per month

Then the next thing I heard was sorry, your visa cannot be approved now.. I smiled and I said thank you.

Now I wanna reapply cos I already promised my fiancee that I am gonna do a little shopping for our wedding(likes of my suit and her wedding gown) but after I was denied, I gave up but she's pestering me to reapply so I can do the shopping majorly all together and see my cousin too...

In the first place I didn't see the reason why I was denied and also.. Now that I wanna re apply, what are my chances of getting approved.. (I know no one can predict the chances but I just wanna hear from the house)... Thanks
NOTE :I'm 25yrs*
Graduated:2014
Bros....I personally that's not vo can easily smell fish from the profile you created in the following ways.
(1)The manner at which you answered the vo questions were wrong.It shows you were too forward which implied that you were tried to impress.
(A)where are you going in the state?see ur response.
(B)What do you do?You answered what you were not ask.
Note:There is different between what do you do?and tell me about ur company?See ur responses?
(2)Do you think the Vos don't know what's going on in Nigeria,how much is the profit one can get on one bag of cement?and on trailer of cements per tonnes,and you are paying yourself 358,000naira per month and you will still pay ur workers.
(3)Bros.Your purpose of travelling is weak,and don't forget this determine granting of visa because this is what prior to ur ties to Nigeria.
(4)Can you now see ur lapses?
(5)Goodluck at ur future applications.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ceevon: 12:28pm On Aug 02, 2017
[quote author=Rachie83 post=59073535]Congratulations, were you asked of any documents?

Thanks Rachie83. We were not asked to present any document.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by aragonbaba(m): 12:32pm On Aug 02, 2017
I have not travelled out of naija. I have a wedding to attend in the US. I'm just perturbed as I am still single.
seyewest:

if truly your income is in the region of N500k per month why risk a journey to Ghana by road?
That journey if you eventually take it will be a minus instead of plus.. by the way have you traveled out of Nigeria before? if not why now when it's a few days to your interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by CyZubby(f): 12:33pm On Aug 02, 2017
Good afternoon house, thanks to all those keeping this forum alive. Please I would love to ask a question. Please is it possible to get a closer date for an interview for my daughter? The date am seeing is for next month. Pls your suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by unclephilio123(m): 12:38pm On Aug 02, 2017
Rudy007:

Thanks for your response. Can being a currently serving youth corper be regarded as a strong tie to the country. I have someone who's currently serving but planning on Going for a two weeks vacation, please what are his chances??
Bro/Sis,are you really sure you are a corper?If yes,do you remember the NYSC national anthem?If no let me remind you....Youth obey the clarion calls,let us lift our Nation high under the sun or in the rain with dedication and selfless heart Nigeria calls,and Nigerians will serve.
Its a crime leaving ur primary place of assignment without the consent of your zonal inspector, to travel within Nigeria not to talk of travelling abroad for vacation. A serving corper not a real worker planing to go on vacation.
What is the probability that you will not abscond while in USA,you that want to leave serving ur father's land/mother's land for vacation.
May I ask you this?What's the meaning of vacation?
Sir/ma,may God bless your hussles,finish ur service look for job,and work for a while before applying.
That's my takes
No offence sir/ma.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Aktyso: 12:38pm On Aug 02, 2017
cosade:

Your wife and children applying thrice and changing locations imply your family is very desperate to migrate to USA, my opinion.
Why don't you do your own trip and return to Nigeria? Then following year, your wife and children can then reapply.

It is also important to be sure you can fund the trip with ease, my thumb rule is that the total cost of your vacation expenses should not be more than 15% of your annual income.

Thanks for the reply, I have traveled and returned and I did applied after she had applied thrice and i was given. We don't have any intension of migrating.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 1:00pm On Aug 02, 2017
Don't reply him. He can get his answers somewhere else. If it was the VO that replied him, he will be saying 'thank you sir.'
cosade:

Sorry that I didn't tell you what you wanted to hear. I hope you know that the VO wouldn't apologise to you for asking to announce your salary in the presence of other visa applicants and still deny you.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 1:02pm On Aug 02, 2017
The correct answer to give is the truth and be honest.

Habisoye:
Please Gurus in the house;

If at the interview a question was asked by the VO like this: "WHERE ARE YOU GOING IN THE US or WHERE ARE YOU VISITING?
Which is the best answer to give, is the TOURIST CENTER ADDRESS in the Ds-160 form or the HOTEL ADDRESS in the ds-160 ?
And also is there any difference answer for this two or they are the same question?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 1:04pm On Aug 02, 2017
cheapflights.com.ng

honeyoluwatoyin:
Update on cheap ticket to USA plssss
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 1:07pm On Aug 02, 2017
CyZubby:
Good afternoon house, thanks to all those keeping this forum alive. Please I would love to ask a question. Please is it possible to get a closer date for an interview for my daughter? The date am seeing is for next month. Pls your suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks
why don't you book the earliest you can see for now, later on about 12-1am you can check again if you'll see a closer date and reschedule.

You can only reschedule once though after initial booking.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 1:10pm On Aug 02, 2017
If your circumstances hasn't changed since your last application, you will still be refused. You don't know why you were refused, do you? just input what was written in the letter - 214b

sihamey:
Please my people i need answer to this question.

If ask have you been denial US Visa before? And my answer is yes with the reason under section 214(b), my question is this should i includes the circumstances that have change? Because i am apply for the Second time first was for Vacation and i was denial 2 years ago and i my applying for religions conference.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:11pm On Aug 02, 2017
Rudy007:

This person has never traveled out of the country for vacation before. But he's got a house willed to him and jst enrolled for masters program. Do u think think he she go ahead and apply??
What do you think? Is a house a tie? Does it bring income? I'm sure u already have misgivings about this application. Self evaluate yourself dear.
The corpers Even inside Naija abandon NYSc talk less of yankee
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 1:12pm On Aug 02, 2017
Aktyso:

Thanks for the reply, I have traveled and returned and I did applied after she had applied thrice and i was given. We don't have any intension of migrating.
Then if you don't have an intention of migrating, why don't you try another vacation spot like dubai? they have wonderful parks and trips like the desert safari, the dhow boat cruise and so on... Your family will love it.

On another note, has your wife ever misrepresented? Her 1st, 2nd refusals was it done by an agent? The best is she comes clean in her next trial.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cosade(m): 1:16pm On Aug 02, 2017
Aktyso:

If I were you, my family won't reapply for US visa. I'll rather spend my money elsewhere, there are so many other interesting countries you can go to for holiday.

When I was refused US visa, I did not bother to look at their side for 10 years. In that ten years, I traveled to Turin (Italy) for summer olympics, Hong Kong and Turkey for IFAC conferences, Israel and SA for tourism, UK and Ghana severally. Eventually, when I applied I did because my employers wanted me to go there for a training. I was issued with the visa with only two questions asked.

I reapplied two years ago but had to appear for interview because the last US visa expired more than two years. During the interview, I got pissed off with endless questions coming from the VO. At a point I told him that it wasn't compulsory for me to travel to USA since my ten years UK visa hasn't expired. At that point he calmed down and decided to issue me with the visa.

We should stop giving these guys the impression that we are desperate to spend our hard earned money in their country.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:23pm On Aug 02, 2017
Kunleayo:
@LadyGuinivere

I was hoping to be a silent reader and tap into the "Silent Reader" blessing, but anxiety will not let me. I have few questions please, I need your advise.

My Appointment is for September.

I have a training for 20 and 21 September and my interview is for 13th September, I hope this is not an issue?

Good enough, there is another batch for 25 & 26 September.

My company is covering the entire expenses for 2 weeks.

Please what are the necessary supporting documents to go along to support my case.

There are Two questions. I wont answer the documents question because as a silent reader your Should know it. If not go back like 5 or 6 pages and skim. You l get the answer

There will always be an ish if you cannot defend or put reason to any action. If a vo asked you about the brevity of time between the interview and tie intended travel date what would you answer?
How many days does it take to get a passport back from the embassy? How many days to book a flight? How many days is the actual travel? When is the deadline for the registration? That's your research to be armed with to answer the vo. If you are Prepared and the vo finds your ties OK then you should get the visa.
Study to show yourself approved. Research is the next therapy for a non relaxed applicant
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kunleayo: 1:34pm On Aug 02, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

There are Two questions. I wont answer the documents question because as a silent reader your Should know it. If not go back like 5 or 6 pages and skim. You l get the answer

There will always be an ish if you cannot defend or put reason to any action. If a vo asked you about the brevity of time between the interview and tie intended travel date what would you answer?
How many days does it take to get a passport back from the embassy? How many days to book a flight? How many days is the actual travel? When is the deadline for the registration? That's your research to be armed with to answer the vo. If you are Prepared and the vo finds your ties OK then you should get the visa.
Study to show yourself approved. Research is the next therapy for a non relaxed applicant

Thanks, I appreciate.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by CyZubby(f): 2:16pm On Aug 02, 2017
Thanks a lot. Will do so.
shrekandfiona:

why don't you book the earliest you can see for now, later on about 12-1am you can check again if you'll see a closer date and reschedule.

You can only reschedule once though after initial booking.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:20pm On Aug 02, 2017
Rudy007:

Please I need to know if there is any restrictions for approving a visiting US visa for a serving corp member
Do Corpers go on leave? The whole exercise is for you to spend a whole year in where you're posted.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shaney45: 5:52pm On Aug 02, 2017
Hi everyone, I intend to apply with my hubby for wedding anniversary. We have no kids yet.my cousin is a citizen and i have a letter of invitation from her although we dont intend staying with her because of privacy, we want to lodge in hotel not far from her place then exchange visits. I have been previously denied in 2013 because i had no strong ties (single and just got a job)and zero travel history. Now im married, ive been to dubai 2ce and south africa once with my hubby.

My question now is, I and hubby are both self -employed. Hes a realtor while i own a boutique. Can we consider our businesses enough ties seeing that we dont have kids? He is sponsoring the trip and is the principal applicant. Any experienced point of view will be appreciated. We were denied italy visit visa last december based on UNJUSTIFIED PURPOSE not even ties. We wanted to spend christmas and another refusal will be so devastating. We are both below 30 ......
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 6:56pm On Aug 02, 2017
shaney45:
Hi everyone, I intend to apply with my hubby for wedding anniversary. We have no kids yet.my cousin is a citizen and i have a letter of invitation from her although we dont intend staying with her because of privacy, we want to lodge in hotel not far from her place then exchange visits. I have been previously denied in 2013 because i had no strong ties (single and just got a job)and zero travel history. Now im married, ive been to dubai 2ce and south africa once with my hubby.

My question now is, I and hubby are both self -employed. Hes a realtor while i own a boutique. Can we consider our businesses enough ties seeing that we dont have kids? He is sponsoring the trip and is the principal applicant. Any experienced point of view will be appreciated. We were denied italy visit visa last december based on UNJUSTIFIED PURPOSE not even ties. We wanted to spend christmas and another refusal will be so devastating. We are both below 30 ......

If I were in your shoes, I will give the US some more time and build more ties. For now, I would look for other places to have a vacation. (As per avoiding the possibility of "devastating"wink.
We will just peacefully visit Seychelles, Singapore, Rio or elsewhere depending on our likes and the weather forecast. #MyOpinionOnly

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Silensa(m): 7:45pm On Aug 02, 2017
Hi Ma'am, I don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask this question but please any help you render will be appreciated well by me.
I want to apple for student visa for masters degree in USA. I just have my international passport and apart from that i don't know what to do or where to go. I am currently in Abuja.
Please help me in any way
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 9:34pm On Aug 02, 2017
Sgttanner:
Hello everyone.. I Have been a silent reader of this great forum... I had my interview on june 13 but was denied and I am planning to reapply again this August due to some circumstances... Here my transcript goes thus:

VO:good morning sir
Me:good morning (passed my passport)
VO:where are you going in the states
Me:I am going to Chicago by June 30 to visit my cousin ( mentioned his name) who is a public accountant just for 2 weeks only. He came to visit me last year and I promised to return back his visit
VO: what do you do
Me:I am a marketer of building materials.. Majorly cement., I have 3 sales men 2 driver, 2trucks and my office is located at bla bla bla
Vo:what brand of cement
Me:Dangote cement
Vo: Are you married?
Me: No I am single but engaged and I will be getting married by September(vo:oh congrats) and also I have a child out of wedlock.
VO:Have you traveled before
Me:Yes, I have be to pritioria, South Africa.. That was December last year and I went for vacation and also used the opportunity to see an old Time friend
VO:How much is your take home pay
Me:I pay my self an average of 358,000 per month

Then the next thing I heard was sorry, your visa cannot be approved now.. I smiled and I said thank you.

Now I wanna reapply cos I already promised my fiancee that I am gonna do a little shopping for our wedding(likes of my suit and her wedding gown) but after I was denied, I gave up but she's pestering me to reapply so I can do the shopping majorly all together and see my cousin too...

In the first place I didn't see the reason why I was denied and also.. Now that I wanna re apply, what are my chances of getting approved.. (I know no one can predict the chances but I just wanna hear from the house)... Thanks
NOTE :I'm 25yrs*
Graduated:2014
Bros, am so sorry about your denial, but truth is you talked too much and let out unrealistic facts, like... You are 25? and you already have 2 trucks and 2 drivers, 3 salesmen... In my simple opinion, next interview
K-keep
I-it
S-short and
S-straight
O-on
P-point.... Bless you

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:09pm On Aug 02, 2017
DereI:
Hello all, good evening. For those who have travelled to canada on visit visas, how were you able to ship your foodstuffs (Palmoil,Garri,etc)? A friend of mine is going to Canada and USA on visit and needs a ''Genuine'' company who deals on shipping foodstuffs to enable them carry foodstuffs to the people hosting them while on visit. If you have any, kindly let me know. Thanks
God punish you... You want to implicate innocent people in your drug scheme by turning them to unwilling mule.
Foolish somebody.

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106