Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,032 members, 7,821,571 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (461) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1536290 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:22pm On Aug 01, 2017
Igeoluwatobi:

Thanks like I said there is a portion where they asked me if anyone is going with me . I just want to know how she will fill her DS-160 form
Thanks
angry
The beautiful thing about parables is that they help u never forget.
Does she intent to actually travel to the US?
What does the US embassy website say about every intending traveller vis a vis the ds 160?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:29pm On Aug 01, 2017
kaynine59:
For tourism that's what I filled. Can I say I changed my mind to visit LA instead... Nna na wa sha... Dis tin sef wagala too much
Nna/Nne the One i want to advice you may not be what you wanna hear but i d rather teach folks how to solve problems than give them one one answer that will lack foundation.
Before, the cbp accepted change of poe with levity. Recently it was posted here that someone was turned back...this trump era.
Invest some tym. Use the search button. Read opinions on change of poe. It boils down finally to convincing the cbp About why you should be let in. Read. Arm yourself and be prepared. God bless

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 1:10pm On Aug 01, 2017
I stopped reading at this point

luckchild:
Hello House,
Is your boy here !!!!!!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by babababa1: 2:31pm On Aug 01, 2017
Thank you LadyG.
LadyGuinivere:
@bababa if you said you were previously denied visa because you could not convince them you were married, you have to cross that hurdle of suspected misrepresentation before you can ever be every issued a US visa.
You got a clue here.... Why are you not applying with madam...
Next time apply with the family. Though if neither of you have travel history, I would advice you to get that first and not Ghana o!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by westo2017: 2:39pm On Aug 01, 2017
I want to thank the house for the section I went through before applying for my US visa which was granted. It was a 4 mins interview which goes like this:

VO: Your passport please
ME: (I pass it)
VO: typed for few second and asked (you said you are going to Iowa)
ME: I replied (yes)
VO: started typing again and asked (what do you do?)
ME: I replied
VO: How many people sorted with you?
ME: 8 people
VO: typed for few seconds and asked (how many kids do you say you have?)
ME: 5
VO: your visa have been approved, enjoy your stay in the US
ME: Thank you

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kaynine59(m): 3:52pm On Aug 01, 2017
Lol lady G... It's Nna oh... Yes u have spoken well... To avoid kasala it's best I jeje go to the POE I said I was going initially abi... I Don consider am sha... Na to run am like that... God bless u for this input.
LadyGuinivere:

Nna/Nne the One i want to advice you may not be what you wanna hear but i d rather teach folks how to solve problems than give them one one answer that will lack foundation.
Before, the cbp accepted change of poe with levity. Recently it was posted here that someone was turned back...this trump era.
Invest some tym. Use the search button. Read opinions on change of poe. It boils down finally to convincing the cbp About why you should be let in. Read. Arm yourself and be prepared. God bless

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jamesmdouble: 4:13pm On Aug 01, 2017
smiley[color=#550000][/color]
westo2017:
I want to thank the house for the section I went through before applying for my US visa which was granted. It was a 4 mins interview which goes like this:

VO: Your passport please
ME: (I pass it)
VO: typed for few second and asked (you said you are going to Iowa)
ME: I replied (yes)
VO: started typing again and asked (what do you do?)
ME: I replied
VO: How many people sorted with you?
ME: 8 people
VO: typed for few seconds and asked (how many kids do you say you have?)
ME: 5
VO: your visa have been approved, enjoy your stay in the US
ME: Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jamesmdouble: 4:15pm On Aug 01, 2017
Congratulations
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Rudy007: 5:32pm On Aug 01, 2017
Hello house, please what are the chances of a youth corper getting a US visa regardless of the strong ties he or she has??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Aktyso: 9:52pm On Aug 01, 2017
Please I have a valid US visa but want to go for vacation with my family, my wife had applied thrice (the 1st Lagos, 2nd in Abuja and third in Lagos with my two kids) but was denied. I don't know if I should applied first with my Two kids (5yr and 7yrs) first and she can later applied with my last born( 1yr).
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 10:32pm On Aug 01, 2017
NONE. YOU NEED TO HAVE STRONG TIES TO NIGERIA, TO STAND A CHANCE OF GETTING A VISA.

Rudy007:
Hello house, please what are the chances of a youth corper getting a US visa regardless of the strong ties he or she has??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 10:34pm On Aug 01, 2017
THERE IS A REASON WHY SHE'S CONSTANTLY BEING DENIED, MAYBE A PRIOR FALSEHOOD/MISREPRESENTATION IN AN APPLICATION OR HIDING OF MATERIAL FACTS SUCH AS NOT TELLING THE VO, SHE WAS GOING TO GIVE BIRTH OR THAT SHE WAS PREGNANT FOR EXAMPLE.

Aktyso:
Please I have a valid US visa but want to go for vacation with my family, my wife had applied thrice (the 1st Lagos, 2nd in Abuja and third in Lagos with my two kids) but was denied. I don't know if I should applied first with my Two kids (5yr and 7yrs) first and she can later applied with my last born( 1yr).
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Rudy007: 11:01pm On Aug 01, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
NONE. YOU NEED TO HAVE STRONG TIES TO NIGERIA, TO STAND A CHANCE OF GETTING A VISA.

Someone once told me, they don't give visa to a Corper in as much as he or she is stil serving. Just want to know how true is this
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Rudy007: 11:44pm On Aug 01, 2017
Rudy007:

Please I need to know if there is any restrictions for approving a visiting US visa for a serving corp member
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by horlajay: 5:00am On Aug 02, 2017
hello everyone. I want to ask if someone could somehow work in the states having a visit visa?? Hope I get a reply as soon as possible. thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:36am On Aug 02, 2017
horlajay:
hello everyone. I want to ask if someone could somehow work in the states having a visit visa?? Hope I get a reply as soon as possible. thanks
It is illegal sir
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sihamey: 7:11am On Aug 02, 2017
Please my people i need answer to this question.

If ask have you been denial US Visa before? And my answer is yes with the reason under section 214(b), my question is this should i includes the circumstances that have change? Because i am apply for the Second time first was for Vacation and i was denial 2 years ago and i my applying for religions conference.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sgttanner: 7:22am On Aug 02, 2017
Hello everyone.. I Have been a silent reader of this great forum... I had my interview on june 13 but was denied and I am planning to reapply again this August due to some circumstances... Here my transcript goes thus:

VO:good morning sir
Me:good morning (passed my passport)
VO:where are you going in the states
Me:I am going to Chicago by June 30 to visit my cousin ( mentioned his name) who is a public accountant just for 2 weeks only. He came to visit me last year and I promised to return back his visit
VO: what do you do
Me:I am a marketer of building materials.. Majorly cement., I have 3 sales men 2 driver, 2trucks and my office is located at bla bla bla
Vo:what brand of cement
Me:Dangote cement
Vo: Are you married?
Me: No I am single but engaged and I will be getting married by September(vo:oh congrats) and also I have a child out of wedlock.
VO:Have you traveled before
Me:Yes, I have be to pritioria, South Africa.. That was December last year and I went for vacation and also used the opportunity to see an old Time friend
VO:How much is your take home pay
Me:I pay my self an average of 358,000 per month

Then the next thing I heard was sorry, your visa cannot be approved now.. I smiled and I said thank you.

Now I wanna reapply cos I already promised my fiancee that I am gonna do a little shopping for our wedding(likes of my suit and her wedding gown) but after I was denied, I gave up but she's pestering me to reapply so I can do the shopping majorly all together and see my cousin too...

In the first place I didn't see the reason why I was denied and also.. Now that I wanna re apply, what are my chances of getting approved.. (I know no one can predict the chances but I just wanna hear from the house)... Thanks
NOTE :I'm 25yrs*
Graduated:2014

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cosade(m): 8:19am On Aug 02, 2017
Rudy007:

Someone once told me, they don't give visa to a Corper in as much as he or she is stil serving. Just want to know how true is this

Not true.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cosade(m): 8:30am On Aug 02, 2017
Sgttanner:
Hello everyone.. I Have been a silent reader of this great forum... I had my interview on june 13 but was denied and I am planning to reapply again this August due to some circumstances... Here my transcript goes thus:

Me:I am going to Chicago by June 30 to visit my cousin ( mentioned his name) who is a public accountant just for 2 weeks only. He came to visit me last year and I promised to return back his visit
Me:I am a marketer of building materials.. Majorly cement., I have 3 sales men 2 driver, 2trucks and my office is located at bla bla bla
Me: No I am single but engaged and I will be getting married by September(vo:oh congrats) and also I have a child out of wedlock.
Me:Yes, I have be to pritioria, South Africa.. That was December last year and I went for vacation and also used the opportunity to see an old Time friend

Then the next thing I heard was sorry, your visa cannot be approved now.. I smiled and I said thank you.

Now I wanna reapply cos I already promised my fiancee that I am gonna do a little shopping for our wedding(likes of my suit and her wedding gown) but after I was denied, I gave up but she's pestering me to reapply so I can do the shopping majorly all together and see my cousin too...

In the first place I didn't see the reason why I was denied and also.. Now that I wanna re apply, what are my chances of getting approved.. (I know no one can predict the chances but I just wanna hear from the house)... Thanks

You appear too desperate, why re applying too soon when nothing has improved in your personal circumstance. It's not logical that you want to travel to US to buy wedding gown etc. which can be ordered online.

If your yearly drawings is about N4 million, can you honestly justify spending about 25% of it for a two week vacation? Rather than thinking of growing your business!

The VOs are not stupid.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cosade(m): 8:36am On Aug 02, 2017
sihamey:
Please my people i need answer to this question.

If ask have you been denial US Visa before? And my answer is yes with the reason under section 214(b), my question is this should i includes the circumstances that have change? Because i am apply for the Second time first was for Vacation and i was denial 2 years ago and i my applying for religions conference.

Thanks

The reason for your travel is not as important as your ability to fund the trip. If you no significant improvement in your financials in the last two years then don't waste your time and money in reapplying.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cosade(m): 8:38am On Aug 02, 2017
horlajay:

I am sure you know the answer to your question. You're only looking for someone to encourage your bad/illegal motive.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cosade(m): 8:47am On Aug 02, 2017
Aktyso:

Your wife and children applying thrice and changing locations imply your family is very desperate to migrate to USA, my opinion.
Why don't you do your own trip and return to Nigeria? Then following year, your wife and children can then reapply.

It is also important to be sure you can fund the trip with ease, my thumb rule is that the total cost of your vacation expenses should not be more than 15% of your annual income.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cosade(m): 9:00am On Aug 02, 2017
DereI:
Hello all, good evening. For those who have travelled to canada on visit visas, how were you able to ship your foodstuffs (Palmoil,Garri,etc)? A friend of mine is going to Canada and USA on visit and needs a ''Genuine'' company who deals on shipping foodstuffs to enable them carry foodstuffs to the people hosting them while on visit. If you have any, kindly let me know. Thanks

I hope no one is falling for this old trick!
All airlines accept unaccompanied cargo why come here with your bait!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Engineer3: 9:16am On Aug 02, 2017
Sgttanner:

I think you need to reconstruct how you answer VO questions and be sincere with your application next time. I can tell that your application is not straightforward and your job profile sound doggy.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sihamey: 9:45am On Aug 02, 2017
cosade:

The reason for your travel is not as important as your ability to fund the trip. If you no significant improvement in your financials in the last two years then don't waste your time and money in reapplying.

Thank you for your reply but Please get my point ;
My question is should i State what has change in my circumstances after 2year on the form? not change of visa plan. Please stick to the question don't try to analyze my Financial Status.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by rayplace50: 10:23am On Aug 02, 2017
Thank you Allah, visa approved today, thanks to everyone on nairaland, I went to the embassy with my mum this morning

VO: Good morning,how are you?
My &I : Good morning,we are fine
Me: sorry my mum's English is not fluent I hope that's not a problem
VO: oh no problem, can you translate for her?
Me: yes ( so each question I was translating to Yoruba)
VO: how old are you?
Me: 2*
VO:what does she do?
Mum : I be business woman (in Yoruba woman's voice)
VO: what is your business all about?
Mum: I sell flask, cooking utensils in wholesale and retail
VO: how much do you make in a month?
Mum : for shop I make 700,000 and I get property plenty I make 500,000 in a month�
VO: have you ever Travel out of the country before
Me: yes I went to the uk with my mum in 2014
VO: facing me, what do you do?
Me: I work as a phlebotomist
VO: how much do you make?
Me: 250,000
VO: what are the challenges you face with your job?
Me: most patients are always complaining anytime I try to take blood samples they are not friendly and they are not friendly
VO: oh okay
VO: I will be approving your visa, then gave me white paper
Me: I collected the paper and walk away but my mum was still there waiting for because didn't give us the passport then
VO: visa approve come back and collect your passport

No document asked!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jamesmdouble: 10:42am On Aug 02, 2017
Congratulations to you and your mum
rayplace50:
Thank you Allah, visa approved today, thanks to everyone on nairaland, I went to the embassy with my mum this morning

VO: Good morning,how are you?
My &I : Good morning,we are fine
Me: sorry my mum's English is not fluent I hope that's not a problem
VO: oh no problem, can you translate for her?
Me: yes ( so each question I was translating to Yoruba)
VO: how old are you?
Me: 2*
VO:what does she do?
Mum : I be business woman (in Yoruba woman's voice)
VO: what is your business all about?
Mum: I sell flask, cooking utensils in wholesale and retail
VO: how much do you make in a month?
Mum : for shop I make 700,000 and I get property plenty I make 500,000 in a month�
VO: have you ever Travel out of the country before
Me: yes I went to the uk with my mum in 2014
VO: facing me, what do you do?
Me: I work as a phlebotomist
VO: how much do you make?
Me: 250,000
VO: what are the challenges you face with your job?
Me: most patients are always complaining anytime I try to take blood samples they are not friendly and they are not friendly
VO: oh okay
VO: I will be approving your visa, then gave me white paper
Me: I collected the paper and walk away but my mum was still there waiting for because didn't give us the passport then
VO: visa approve come back and collect your passport

No document asked!!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:51am On Aug 02, 2017
@sgattanner
U know no one can give chances. However you want the house to comment.. . lipsrsealed
Anyways if I'm the vo I will still refuse you.
Nothing has changed . If you are getting married in September, that means you are still single. Travelling a month to your wedding. Coughs! Na me go plan am for you abi?
Your purpose of trip Remains secondary to your ties. You can shop online. I do that every day. You can Skype with your cousin.

My take? Do not reapply. When your circumstance changed then you should

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:54am On Aug 02, 2017
sihamey:

Thank you for your reply but Please get my point ;
My question is should i State what has change in my circumstances after 2year on the form? not change of visa plan. Please stick to the question don't try to analyze my Financial Status.
If you wish to. You may
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Rudy007: 10:54am On Aug 02, 2017
cosade:

Not true.

Thanks for your response. Can being a currently serving youth corper be regarded as a strong tie to the country. I have someone who's currently serving but planning on Going for a two weeks vacation, please what are his chances??

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.