Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,780 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (537) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1533893 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OtunOba15(m): 4:36pm On Oct 10, 2017
Congratulations!

This type of interview is not common and i don't think such can come up again... Your office carry weight o!

abahwilliams01:
My visa was granted last monty
Vo: step forward please
Me: ok
VO: Good morning,
Me: Good morning, How are you doing?
VO: Am good.
VO: Passport Pls.
Me:Handed over my passport
VO: What are you going to do in the USA
Me: Am going on vacation as my annual leave will be approved soon.
VO: ok, you work for xyz company?
Me:Yes sir
VO: You are --- for the company?
Me: Yes sir.
Vo: You earn XYZ Salary
VO: whats the name of your professional body?
Me: I answered
VO: Have you traveled b4
Me: No sir.
VO: Are you married
VO: Do you have children?
Me: No sir
VO: Turn to computer and type for some time. Then gave me a white paper pick your visa in three working days time.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by xto4: 5:25pm On Oct 10, 2017
OtunOba15:
Congratulations!

This type of interview is not common and i don't think such can come up again... Your office carry weight o!

what of people that are engineers that don't belong to any professional body, will it be an issue in granting one visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 11:09pm On Oct 10, 2017
abahwilliams01:
VO: Turn to computer and type for some time. Then gave me a white paper pick your visa in three working days time.

Nice and Easy... cheesy

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by borryworld: 11:24pm On Oct 10, 2017
abahwilliams01:
Nice one. For the very first time blah blah blah, XYZ,......made sense. Some people already want to photocopy

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Onlinetolu: 12:37am On Oct 11, 2017
Did you pay online or in bank?

Cos I've been going to bank consistently in Lagos and attempting on the US visa site that directs to gtb? No joy!

seyewest:

Made payment last week... it's working.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OtunOba15(m): 5:33am On Oct 11, 2017
I don't think so....
xto4:
what of people that are engineers that don't belong to any professional body, will it be an issue in granting one visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 11, 2017
borryworld:
Nice one. For the very first time blah blah blah, XYZ,......made sense. Some people already want to photocopy
LOL! Photocopies so to speak won't work because every applicant is different.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oketg: 8:18am On Oct 11, 2017
juliabocn:
Congratulations.
I will like to make a contact and ask one or 2 informations, I hope you will be willing to be of help
I will contact you thru PM
Thanks

No problem.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kingspartner: 8:33am On Oct 11, 2017
xto4:
it is God
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by overlord77: 9:47am On Oct 11, 2017
TWoods:

It is true that we all make mistakes, but certain mistakes have more severe consequences. Nothing anyone can do to help you. Sorry, the only solution would be to not have lied in the first place.

Simply put, she should just un-lie the previous lie abi?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:21am On Oct 11, 2017
abahwilliams01:

Wawoooo very unusual

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:23am On Oct 11, 2017
sonature1:

Great thread...I have been following it secretly.grin I have a challenge. The challenge is that I plan to travel to the US but I have no travel history. I am looking to applying for a tourist visa but I wish to go there and hustle as we Naija don cast grin. Please I need expert advice from people on this thread. How do I scale through? Thank you.
Nobody will assist you here ... amen and it won't happen amen.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:25am On Oct 11, 2017
Onlinetolu:
Did you pay online or in bank?

Cos I've been going to bank consistently in Lagos and attempting on the US visa site that directs to gtb? No joy!

GTB lagos,abuja etc if Lagos is not working go to any GTB at outskirt of Lagos it will work.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MYLYN(f): 12:34pm On Oct 11, 2017
My mum wants to travel with my younger sister for holidays in the US. What requirements does she need as a minor and what type of questions will she be asked? PS: My Dad is late. Hope to get an answer soon.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Cryptolady: 2:46pm On Oct 11, 2017
chimoore247:
My 1st interview was really a short one,in the form I applied that am going with my sister's children(4)of them but different interview, but the truth is that they are my Boss kids
Vo: who are these people you are traveling with
Me: my sister's kids
Vo:why are the names different
Me: because my sister has changed name
Vo: sorry you are not eligible blah blah blah
But when the kids entered they all were given visa. So my 2nd visa application I applied alone and I got my invitation from another of my cousin in Dallas but to be sincere I don't really know how she got there
Vo: where are you going
Me: Dallas Texas
Vo:where do you work
Me:I work as a purchasing manager at xxxx
Vo: what does your company do
Me:my company is into xxxx
Vo:are you married
Me:not yet but I have a daughter
Vo:sorry blah blah blah
Me:thank you.
So now I got married in July and I want to apply again alone and my big cousin is inviting me and I know well about this my cousin. Please I want to know what are my chances, I got married 3months back, I have a daughter that is 5year she will turn 6 in October, I don't have any Travel experience. What are my chances please I am 34,

Aunty, The truth is, they already see you as a child trafficker,especially if the children are under aged.
Whether they are your bosses children or sister's children, at that moment you couldn't prove any relationship since you bear a different surname, besides why didn't they go with their mom? Why you? These are the questions that comes to the mind of the VO. I believe that was why the VO emphasized on it, and they don't take child trafficking lightly. LadyG can advice on how you can clear your name...Goodluck with future applications.shalom

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Neyoyo1: 3:03pm On Oct 11, 2017
Good afternoon house, I appreciate all that have contributed to the growth of the forum.
I have a question please, but before then a brief history of mine. I am married with a daughter and my wife lectures at a fedral unoversity. I own my ownbusiness into haulage and i have 5 trucks to that effect.I am pretty ok financially.I had my MBA outside Africa and I returned immediately last year after completion of my program even though I still have 9 months valid visa to stay. But before I went the school, I applied to a school in Texas but visa wasn't approved then i went for it elsewhere.
Now, I have scheduled for an interview for my wife and I in a couple of weeks time but we were supposed to attend my best friend's wedding next week in Ghana but circumstances changed as regards the wedding so we are no longer going for the trip but I already filled ghana as our last travel as couple in the ds 160.
Here is my question, could this deter our chances of being approved or what suggestion does the gurus in the house have for my situation? Thanks in anticipation for your prompt response and I am sorry for the lengthy rightup.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:11pm On Oct 11, 2017
Neyoyo1:
Good afternoon house, I appreciate all that have contributed to the growth of the forum.
I have a question please, but before then a brief history of mine. I am married with a daughter and my wife lectures at a fedral unoversity. I own my ownbusiness into haulage and i have 5 trucks to that effect.I am pretty ok financially.I had my MBA outside Africa and I returned immediately last year after completion of my program even though I still have 9 months valid visa to stay. But before I went the school, I applied to a school in Texas but visa wasn't approved then i went for it elsewhere.
Now, I have scheduled for an interview for my wife and I in a couple of weeks time but we were supposed to attend my best friend's wedding next week in Ghana but circumstances changed as regards the wedding so we are no longer going for the trip but I already filled ghana as our last travel as couple in the ds 160.
Here is my question, could this deter our chances of being approved or what suggestion does the gurus in the house have for my situation? Thanks in anticipation for your prompt response and I am sorry for the lengthy rightup.

Sure, it will deter, that's misrepresentation. Fill another form to reflect the true situation and update your profile on the CGI with the new form's number....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Neyoyo1: 3:18pm On Oct 11, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Sure, it will deter, that's misrepresentation. Fill another form to reflect the true situation and update your profile on the CGI with the new form's number....

Wow...but does that mean I will have to pay another visa fee?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OtunOba15(m): 4:09pm On Oct 11, 2017
Your visa fee is still valid..... Just fill another DS 160 and be truthful

Neyoyo1:

Wow...but does that mean I will have to pay another visa fee?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Neyoyo1: 5:26pm On Oct 11, 2017
OtunOba15:
Your visa fee is still valid..... Just fill another DS 160 and be truthful

Pls can you help me out on how to go about it step by step pls cos I already had a date for the interview. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Aspentrails96(m): 5:47pm On Oct 11, 2017
Please my people help me out...
I was invited by a white american couple to visit them in the USA for tourism purpose in the state of colorado this past march but i opted to gather some facts and grasp what the requirements really are, so they postponed it till december this year.. Please, i turned 21 last month 28th, graduated from high school since 2013... I've been supporting my family needs along with my father by doing odd jobs and working other working things just to get bucks to support my family... Please my point is that how do i use this as a tie that i'll return to Nigeria after my stay in the USA? Note, they white couple are sponsoring my trip, both plane tickets bucks, visa fees, passport fees and every known expenses on earth...i need a reply please .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 5:48pm On Oct 11, 2017
Neyoyo1:

Pls can you help me out on how to go about it step by step pls cos I already had a date for the interview. Thanks

It's your visa fee that is at risk. And your credibility too. Apply yourself to getting a solution. Read the thread. The steps to replace a form has been stated repeatedly in the past.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Aspentrails96(m): 5:50pm On Oct 11, 2017
I was invited by a white american couple to visit them in the USA for tourism purpose in the state of colorado this past march but i opted to gather some facts and grasp what the requirements really are, so they postponed it till december this year.. Please, i turned 21 last month 28th, graduated from high school since 2013... I've been supporting my family needs along with my father by doing odd jobs and working other working things just to get bucks to support my family... Please my point is that how do i use this as a tie that i'll return to Nigeria after my stay in the USA? Note, they white couple are sponsoring my trip, both plane tickets bucks, visa fees, passport fees and every known expenses on earth...i need a reply please .
bigbus:

It's your visa fee that is at risk. And your credibility too. Apply yourself to getting a solution. Read the thread. The steps to replace a form has been stated repeatedly in the past.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 5:54pm On Oct 11, 2017
Aspentrails96:

Do you have a job? A salaried job or a business?
Modified:
Why do you want to travel to the US?
How long do you intend to stay?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 11, 2017
Good day everyone, I have been following this topic for some weeks now.
I intend travelling to the US for a vacation/tour January 2018 ,I worked with a leading brewery company in Nigeria ,but was disengaged April 2017 due to the present economic down time.
I presently own two vehicles one is been used as an airport taxi/cab the other is been used for town service, am also into the purchase and sale of palm oil, also an appointed sub distributor to my former company.
I earn an average of 350k after all expenses and I Reinvest/save 250k in a cooperative that lends money at a very attractive interest rate thus I am paid interest on my investment.
The net worth of my sub-distributor business is about 1.8m and my transport business is 2.3m and a possible physical cash due November from the cooperative and personal savings of about 3.1m including expected interest though.

NOTE:
I am engaged .
have a four years old son.
Never traveled out before.
Have no family/friends or relations in the US.
Hoping to spend about $4000-$4500 on my trip including flight tickets (10days trip) .

PLEASE WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF THEM GRANTING ME A B1/B2 VISA?.
Thanks for your anticipated response/s.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Aspentrails96(m): 6:00pm On Oct 11, 2017
bigbus:

Do you have a job? A salaried job or a business? Modified: Why do you want to travel to the US? How long do you intend to stay?
no salaried job for now. For tourism. A month or less.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 6:03pm On Oct 11, 2017
Sannixyz:
Good day everyone, I have been following this topic for some weeks now.
I intend travelling to the US for a vacation/tour January 2018 ,I worked with a leading brewery company in Nigeria ,but was disengaged April 2017 due to the present economic down time.
The net worth of my sub-distributor business is about 1.8m and my transport business is 2.3m and a possible physical cash due November from the cooperative and personal savings of about 3.1m including expected interest though.

have a four years old son.
Never traveled out before.
Have no family/friends or relations in the US.
Hoping to spend about $4000-$4500 on my trip including flight tickets (10days trip) .

PLEASE WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF THEM GRANTING ME A B1/B2 VISA?.
Thanks for your anticipated response/s.

shocked shocked shocked
Chances? Read the thread and check for yourself. If you were the VO, would you grant someone in your circumstances a visa?
By the way, that $4000 is about N1.5m: almost the worth of your sub-distributor business to be blasted away on a vacation in a foreign land with no plans of earnings, in just 10 days? #JustSaying.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MamaOO: 6:05pm On Oct 11, 2017
Beautyaddy:

That is a very, very rare and unfortunate incident. No need to make the rare event to put unnecessary fear in the hearts of intended US immigrants. With that said I agree he shouldn't abuse the US visiting visa if granted. He/She can try more legal means to immigrate permanently into the US.

Even with all that negative news coverage of all the unfortunate and rare mass killings by randomly undetected sick persons the US visa remains to most sort out immigrant visas compared to other advanced countries.
Very, very rare?! Come again. Mass shooting is defined as a multiple homicide incident in which four or more victims are murdered with firearms, within one event, and in one or more locations in close proximity Since 2010 we have had more than 25 of those with more than 348 dead and and 836 wounded and probably scared for life. Maybe to you that's rare... but to me, it's not. It's a disturbing trend and will probably surge with the utterances and racism of Orange, toupee wearing Idiot we have playing dress up in DC right now
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 6:07pm On Oct 11, 2017
Aspentrails96:

no salaried job for now.
For tourism.
A month or less.
It's difficult to believe your intentions are not to abandon all those you are taking care of, even if only for one month.

And this American couple. Hmmm.....

Perhaps better to invite them to Nigeria first.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 11, 2017
bigbus:

shocked shocked shocked
Chances? Read the thread and check for yourself. If you were the VO, would you grant someone in your circumstances a visa?
By the way, that $4000 is about N1.5m: almost the worth of your sub-distributor business to be blasted away on a vacation in a foreign land with no plans of earnings, in just 10 days? #JustSaying.
thanks for your response #bigbus, I feel I need to give myself a break a little , have really given a lot of time and energy into working hard to earn a living, right from when I started my job in 2014 to when I started my own business it's been work work and hustle, just felt I should give myself a little treat. So you mean it's a no no for me.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OtunOba15(m): 6:49pm On Oct 11, 2017
@bold...... Yes it is.

Reinvest that money back into your business. That amount does not represent a successful business empire that is self sustain.

Sannixyz:
thanks for your response #bigbus, I feel I need to give myself a break a little , have really given a lot of time and energy into working hard to earn a living, right from when I started my job in 2014 to when I started my own business it's been work work and hugstle, just felt I should give myself a little treat. So you mean it's a no no for me.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Aspentrails96(m): 6:57pm On Oct 11, 2017
bigbus:

It's difficult to believe your intentions are not to abandon all those you are taking care of, even if only for one month.

And this American couple. Hmmm.....

Perhaps better to invite them to Nigeria first.
bro, i've known them since dec 2014. I don't think they can, 60years of age. How can i strong word my honest intentions to btttress my concept.

(1) (2) (3) ... (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.