Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,723 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (539) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1531410 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:34am On Oct 12, 2017
Aspentrails96:

what should i then adjust for me to atleast stand a chance?
Or doesn't it worth trying?
adjust ke? bros if you don't have the right ties will you manufacture one?if you don't have it you don't have it?
start looking for other countries... leave U.S for now.. build yourself and in course of doing that you will realized that the V.O won't see you as an intending immigrant.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 12, 2017
temitayoolu:
Please Advice Guys.

I already have my Us Visa and have Travelled to the United states twice and some other countries and spent just three weeks on each trips for work related but I want to take my Wife on a vacation to the united states.

Since I have my Visa and I wrote her name as my wife while I was applying Should I reapply with her (I still have my visa valid ) or just give her my passport as supporting document and she can say I wanna take her out on vacation.

Please what do you advice ?

I read just yesterday that spouse of B1/B2 visa holders need just apply for a visa renewal via Dropbox.

Spouses and dependent children under 18 years of age may qualify to apply with parents/spouses renewing their visas even if the spouse or children do not meet the above conditions.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visarenew.html
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 12, 2017
seyewest:

The money you quoted is very good for traveling purposes but the problem herein is this
1) How much is your salary every month
2) Do you have travel history out of Nigeria either for pleasure or business
3) What is your martial status and
4) How long have you been working on this job?
hmmm I get now.

Ans 1) 370k net income.

Ans2) Have never traveled out of the country before .

Ans3) single with a child (4years old).

Ans4) worked three years for a multinational company and went fully into my personal business 6months ago.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by temitayoolu(m): 1:23pm On Oct 12, 2017
NairaSand:

I read just yesterday that spouse of B1/B2 visa holders need just apply for a visa renewal via Dropbox.

Spouses and dependent children under 18 years of age may qualify to apply with parents/spouses renewing their visas even if the spouse or children do not meet the above conditions.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visarenew.html

Thanks I just read but this is for renewal but I'm not renewing my Visa as I have a Visa already. She is just about to apply for her Visa.

Also her passport still bears her maiden name but we have a marriage certificate that bears that shows evidence.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 12, 2017
temitayoolu:

Thanks I just read but this is for renewal but I'm not renewing my Visa as I have a Visa already. She is just about to apply for her Visa.

Also her passport still bears her maiden name but we have a marriage certificate that bears that shows evidence.

I'm not a guru or anything. Heck, I'm not even sure of what I know.......LOL

If what is on their website is anything to go by, I'd advice she wait till when you're renewing as there is a very much higher possibility of getting the visa. Unlike applying now and facing the "almighty VO".

I understand it's all dependent on how important the proposed trip to the US is.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asid(m): 2:38pm On Oct 12, 2017
bodejohn:

Thanks, i just checked now the layover on the return leg is 14hrs...kilode...

The 14hrs go pay you, they give free hotel accommodations from 12hrs upwards layover, bit you need book the hotel & also apply for a transit visa via qatarairways website. Economy 4star hotel stay, others 5star

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asid(m): 2:41pm On Oct 12, 2017
Aibisoye0:
I was referring to the duration. But the planes from Doha to new York. Good planes, not much passengers this period so you can stretch leg on the free seats of you're lucky

We might have been on the same flight, came in also via Qatar B777-300 to New York, brotherly
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Aibisoye0: 3:41pm On Oct 12, 2017
Hotel should be provided ask them for STPC (stop over for the purpose of connection) once it's above 8hrs transiting and apply for your free Qatar visa too.

bodejohn:

Thanks, i just checked now the layover on the return leg is 14hrs...kilode...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by smokeydrinky: 3:59pm On Oct 12, 2017
We got to the consulate around past 6am. Omo, the crowd and queuing no be here. I thought it would get better once we are inside the interview room but no, same crowd and queue. My kids were making alot of noise and generally being difficult to control but me and hubby had to smile through it all, calmly and lovingly calling them to other, but for where? Plus I was on heels. I was just praying for a miracle and it came. They had to consider us because of the kids and told us to join 3 people standing before window 3. Once there. I took time to note the outcome of their interview, all 3 plus the one being interviewed when we joined the queue were denied. Ha, I was just calmly saying that our case is different. Fast-forward to our turn....

Us: Good morning ( with a smile)
Vo: Good morning. Takes our passport does some things.....
Vo: why huston?
Hubby: from our research, it's a cool and nice place. ( this must be tension coz I told him from research it's actually not as cold as some other parts of US so I lean in..... The vo smirked when I took over from my husband and nodded his head)
Me: Yea, it's a nice place and the weather seems to be not as cold as some other areas, we would also love to visit NASA space center, the children's museum.... But we would also love to go to Florida towards the end of our vacation so the kids can visit Disneyland. At this point, hubby had gone to get our kids who were running around so I proceeded to place them on top of the counter.
Vo: Sir Wat do you do
Hubby: Im the CEO of xyz
Vo: WATS your business all about
Hubby: explains very briefly
Vo: Madam Wat do you do
Me: Im a lawyer, the legal adviser to my husband's company ( touches hubby)
Vo: Yea. (so I stop further explanation)
Vo: have you travelled out before?
Hubby: (didn't get the question) you mean family vacation?
Vo: yes.
Hubby : we have been to few places in Nigeria together but haven't traveled out together. My wife and kid went on a vacation when she was pregnant with the second. I should have joined them but last minute constraints from work prevented me.
Vo: Have you traveled out yourself?
Hubby : yes. Severally to China but always on business. ( he didn't add the other countries he has been to and I don't know why. Maybe tension or coz they r all in his old passport which we didn't bring)
Vo: do you have other kids?
Me : no, just the two.
Vo: do you have any relative in America
Me: no.
Vo: Sir how long have you been in business
Hubby: answers
Vo starts typing.... The kids were running around again and I was turning my head looking for them while hubby dashes off to get them.
Vo: I will be approving your visas, brings a white paper, circle an address and said ' Pls pick up....... I no hear the rest grin grin
Me and dh: thank you.( with a smile)

Na so we carry our kids, and our very precious white paper and left. All thanks to God, and to you all. I read and read and read this thread like someone that is preparing for bar finals grin. Shared what I learnt with hubby. Our interview wasn't more than 2 minutes. I went with everything, na only police report I no bring but absolutely nothing was asked for.

Please I have a question, why do people make their kids put on school uniform for the interview?

16 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by smokeydrinky: 4:01pm On Oct 12, 2017
OtunOba15:
Wow! Congratulations.....#YouAskedQuestions

Its shows if you can read, ask questions and understand people's thoughts and opinions your Visa interview will come with ease backed up with favor..

Let's see your transcript

Thank you smiley Yes o. I read and asked questions when I needed clarification and I put all the tips I learnt to use.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by smokeydrinky: 4:04pm On Oct 12, 2017
Aspentrails96:

bro, can i pm you? I've got some questions.

Erm...... I am a novice o. It's ladyguinevere and Co that are the experts. I think you will get better answers if you ask your questions here plus others will learn too.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OtunOba15(m): 4:30pm On Oct 12, 2017
Interesting session. Congrats.

As for school uniforms it shows they will be resuming back to school from the embassy. I remember here in the forum a lady asked that same question if it proper for the kids to put on their uniform, people's opinion was that it's okay....

At the end their visas were issued
smokeydrinky:
We got to the consulate around past 6am. Omo, the crowd and queuing no be here. I thought it would get better once we are inside the interview room but no, same crowd and queue. My kids were making alot of noise and generally being difficult to control but me and hubby had to smile through it all, calmly and lovingly calling them to other, but for where? Plus I was on heels. I was just praying for a miracle and it came. They had to consider us because of the kids and told us to join 3 people standing before window 3. Once there. I took time to note the outcome of their interview, all 3 plus the one being interviewed when we joined the queue were denied. Ha, I was just calmly saying that our case is different. Fast-forward to our turn....

Hubby: from our research, it's a cool and nice place. ( this must be tension coz I told him from research it's actually not as cold as some other parts of US so I lean in..... The vo smirked when I took over from my husband and nodded his head)
Me: Yea, it's a nice place and the weather seems to be not as cold as some other areas, we would also love to visit NASA space center, the children's museum.... But we would also love to go to Florida towards the end of our vacation so the kids can visit Disneyland. At this point, hubby had gone to get our kids who were running around so I proceeded to place them on top of the counter.
Hubby : we have been to few places in Nigeria together but haven't traveled out together. My wife and kid went on a vacation when she was pregnant with the second. I should have joined them but last minute constraints from work prevented me.
Hubby : yes. Severally to China but always on business. ( he didn't add the other countries he has been to and I don't know why. Maybe tension or coz they r all in his old passport which we didn't bring)
Vo starts typing.... The kids were running around again and I was turning my head looking for them while hubby dashes off to get them.
Vo: I will be approving your visas, brings a white paper, circle an address and said ' Pls pick up....... I no hear the rest grin grin

Na so we carry our kids, and our very precious white paper and left. All thanks to God, and to you all. I read and read and read this thread like someone that is preparing for bar finals grin. Shared what I learnt with hubby. Our interview wasn't more than 2 minutes. I went with everything, na only police report I no bring but absolutely nothing was asked for.

Please I have a question, why do people make their kids put on school uniform for the interview?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:30pm On Oct 12, 2017
smokeydrinky:

Lolzzz very badt question.. Maybe they're trying to tell the V.O we have the capability to send our children to school... grin or since school is in session they should be in their school uniform but as for me they won't be wearing uniform to the embassy.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ebonychic18(f): 4:40pm On Oct 12, 2017

[/quote]

Well for me I had to take them to school and then off to work. So no time to go back home and change. This is Abj free roads no traffic. We were done by 9am. And their school resumes at 9am.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 5:06pm On Oct 12, 2017
@ smokeydrinky congrats.

For kids, it's only weird if they put on school uniform during holidays for their visa interview. For my kids their interview was 10am and they had long resumed school at 8am so had to go pick them from school and back to school after the interview.

Luckily for me it was their sports day so they had their school sports wear with sneakers cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 12, 2017
I flopped at my interview....pls how can I correct all the lies my agent put up?
And how soon can I reapply....?
It pays to tell the truth
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:08pm On Oct 12, 2017
molibediumss:
I flopped at my interview....pls how can I correct all the lies my agent put up?
This question would have made more sense if u had asked it before you " flopped"
U have a lot of time now. Read back like 30 pages. You l see the answer to your question. Asked and answered many times

Congratulations smokey. Na because you never see person when wear lab coat or "dada dress" come there.... Lol

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TestimoneyTesti: 7:28pm On Oct 12, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

This question would have made more sense if u had asked it before you " flopped"
U have a lot of time now. Read back like 30 pages. You l see the answer to your question. Asked and answered many times

Congratulations smokey. Na because you never see person when wear lab coat or "dada dress" come there.... Lol

Pls kindly state what could be done, or assist with direct link to read up....am trying to gain experience.... Gone tru 30 pages back no concrete direction
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 8:10pm On Oct 12, 2017
TestimoneyTesti:

Pls kindly state what could be done, or assist with direct link to read up....am trying to gain experience.... Gone tru 30 pages back no concrete direction
Try from page one. Take your time, the more you read, the less ignorant of the processes you become.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OtunOba15(m): 8:22pm On Oct 12, 2017
By the time you go through school of reading you will get More than enough concrete direction.....

IMO start from page one by the time you are done you won't have to worry us with questions but your successful transcript.

TestimoneyTesti:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fadafada1978: 8:43pm On Oct 12, 2017

Kindly give us your transcript here so that we. An know how to come in and see a way we can advise you accordingly
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Miaanita(f): 8:45pm On Oct 12, 2017
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by StFrank2(m): 9:17pm On Oct 12, 2017
Hello house. Pls I planned on applying for a visiting visa to the states with my wife and our daughter who is just a year and 4 months. Never been to the US before but I tried couple of times with my old passport back in 2014 but was denied then. Now I’m married now with a kid and a new passport same as my wife and daughter.
I have my own business now, I’m into car dealership and I own a car lot. I have bill ladens with my name on them showing cars shipped to me from states for the past 2years and I also have invoices and receipts of sales. My company is registered and have good income now. But my wife works with a fashion company where she supervise and she also have a good Pay.
Now a friend want to invite us over this Christmas and to be honest I don’t know how to go about it. I know this is hard for the guruz to break down the process but pls house just try help a brother. Although I’m 33already but look younger. I have been to the neigbouring countries to get cars but I haven’t been outside Africa before now, so basically no travel experience and our new passsport is virgin.

I need help house. Thx
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 9:36pm On Oct 12, 2017
The fact that you lied, shows your intent isn't genuine, why would a genuine tourist lie and put future applications at risk??. Coming clean isn't to get a visa, but to confess and own up to the lies you told and have it on record. After which you leave the US Embassy for a time. I won't say you are banned bcus the VO says if this is the case, you will be informed. You know what? in every aspect of life, it pays to be honest.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by wolebs0007(m): 9:38pm On Oct 12, 2017
hello house , I was refused a visit visa in 2015. In the application I had done my introduction and court wedding with my then partner thereby filling married and stating her name in the DS 160 form. Unfortunately the marriage didn't work out as we divorced and went separate ways due to family difference. My question now is that i plan to remarry this by the end of this hear. please how do I rectify my married status on future application and include my present wife name. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 12, 2017
Femmylawy:

Thanks. What number am I to put in place of document travel number and passport number. Its confusing me

Goodness me.
Just READ the form.
ÀLL instructions are there in print on the right hand side.
For each question you fill theres an explanation on the right hand side.

It amazes me how many people don't sit wait and read. When you do that you can't be confused.
That's better than coming here logging and asking questions that have answers right in front of you.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 12, 2017
StFrank2:
Hello house. Pls I planned on applying for a visiting visa to the states with my wife and our daughter who is just a year and 4 months. Never been to the US before but I tried couple of times with my old passport back in 2014 but was denied then. Now I’m married now with a kid and a new passport same as my wife and daughter.
I have my own business now, I’m into car dealership and I own a car lot. I have bill ladens with my name on them showing cars shipped to me from states for the past 2years and I also have invoices and receipts of sales. My company is registered and have good income now. But my wife works with a fashion company where she supervise and she also have a good Pay.
Now a friend want to invite us over this Christmas and to be honest I don’t know how to go about it. I know this is hard for the guruz to break down the process but pls house just try help a brother. Although I’m 33already but look younger. I have been to the neigbouring countries to get cars but I haven’t been outside Africa before now, so basically no travel experience and our new passsport is virgin.

I need help house. Thx

READ, YES READ THE ENTIRE THREAD EVERY PAGE.
THAT'S WHERE YOUR HELP IS.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 9:46pm On Oct 12, 2017
1A. Were you really married, if yes, get the marriage certificate (just incase) since you did court marriage. If no, use the form to come clean and state the current situation.

1B. Did you really divorce your former wife, if yes, get the divorce papers (just incase).

2A. Will you be married to your new wife before the interview and/or submission of the form? if no, you are still single...if yes, you can fill married, since you will be married by the time of the interview and/or submission of the form.
All information given during the submission of the form, must be correct as at the time of submission.

wolebs0007:
hello house , I was refused a visit visa in 2015. In the application I had done my introduction and court wedding with my then partner thereby filling married and stating her name in the DS 160 form. Unfortunately the marriage didn't work out as we divorced and went separate ways due to family difference. My question now is that i plan to remarry this by the end of this hear. please how do I rectify my married status on future application and include my present wife name. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by wolebs0007(m): 11:02pm On Oct 12, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
1A. Were you really married, if yes, get the marriage certificate (just incase) since you did court marriage. If no, use the form to come clean and state the current situation.

1B. Did you really divorce your former wife, if yes, get the divorce papers (just incase).

2A. Will you be married to your new wife before the interview and/or submission of the form? if no, you are still single...if yes, you can fill married, since you will be married by the time of the interview and/or submission of the form.
All information given during the submission of the form, must be correct as at the time of submission.

Thanks a lot, I will definitely be married to my new spouse when filling subsequent applications. So I should fill my intended spouse name instead of the previous?God bless
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 11:57pm On Oct 12, 2017
wolebs0007:
Thanks a lot, I will definitely be married to my new spouse when filling subsequent applications. So I should fill my intended spouse name instead of the previous?God bless

Sir, If you are married by the time you are filling the form, then it is not called "intended spouse" but "spouse" etc. No "intended" there. And you better fill the right name of your right and current wife.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TestimoneyTesti: 5:16am On Oct 13, 2017
In essence such a person should reapply again and confess or wat do u really mean by coming clean in this condition
KaptainAfrika:
The fact that you lied, shows your intent isn't genuine, why would a genuine tourist lie and put future applications at risk??. Coming clean isn't to get a visa, but to confess and own up to the lies you told and have it on record. After which you leave the US Embassy for a time. I won't say you are banned bcus the VO says if this is the case, you will be informed. You know what? in every aspect of life, it pays to be honest.

(1) (2) (3) ... (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.