Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,513 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1539125 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Bostin(m): 12:04am On Mar 15, 2016
chloe7:
The Exchange Visitor (J) non-immigrant visa category is for individuals approved to participate in work-and study-based exchange visitor programs. Most individuals choosing to come to the United States on a J-1 visa exchange program are funded privately. J-1 visa exchanges include a cultural component that gives participants the opportunity to engage more broadly with Americans and share their own cultures with their U.S. host communities. They return home eager to stay connected, to expand their networks, and to explore future exchange opportunities as “citizen ambassadors.”
Thanks for this great enlightenment but an individual still most find a program sponsor that will find them a job placement with the paper works, that is what it meant by Sponsorship and it is required by the Government for the program. Please anybody that has gotten the J1 visa in the past should throw more light how they go about finding a sponsor and there charges.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:26am On Mar 15, 2016
mama777:

she has overstayed in the US since 1st of March illegally.can she be able to come back to US maybe next year without any problem or better still stay back and reapply for extension as advised.thanks
Let's look at this logically. I'm no VO o! Just a person looking at the legal ramifications.
1. If her visa was extended and expired, means she dosent have a valid visa. Abi? How will she go back? Reapply for another visa. If you are the vo and such a case presents before u, what will u do?
2. Can u build a legality on an illegality? Can you file for an extention for something that has already come to an end? I don't know o! Please consider it yourself.

What I do know is that one should apply at least 45 days before the I-94 expires. And you cannot stay in the US for more than 1 year cumulatively. So if ur ist 1-94 allowed u 6 months and the 2nd one allowed u 6 months, there cannot be a further extention.

The truth is that u cannot eat your cake and have it. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands. U cannot be seeking for a legal relief from an illegal standpoint.
As salsera said, na u sabi the whole story.
Btw your story has loopholes sha...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 15, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Let's look at this logically. I'm no VO o! Just a person looking at the legal ramifications.
1. If her visa was extended and expired, means she dosent have a valid visa. Abi? How will she go back? Reapply for another visa. If you are the vo and such a case presents before u, what will u do?
2. Can u build a legality on an illegality? Can you file for an extention for something that has already come to an end? I don't know o! Please consider it yourself.

What I do know is that one should apply at least 45 days before the I-94 expires. And you cannot stay in the US for more than 1 year cumulatively. So if ur ist 1-94 allowed u 6 months and the 2nd one allowed u 6 months, there cannot be a further extention.

The truth is that u cannot eat your cake and have it. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands. U cannot be seeking for a legal relief from an illegal standpoint.
As salsera said, na u sabi the whole story.
Btw your story has loopholes sha...
you reminded me of equity&trust this morning abeg cheesy also Also equity follows the Law and equity looks on that as done which ought to be done, so apparently no extension f overstaying and if she's refused while reapplying God forbid lipsrsealed equity will definitely come into play a equity will not avail such a person at all grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 15, 2016
good day friends in the house I apply for b1/b2 in 2014 I was not giving, fast forward she ask why in all the state in US why I am going to new/j I told her hv a friend that travel to new j and get nice things to buy for her shop the next thing sorry we can allow u visit now but u can reapply. My qus now is I want to apply again this year hv Ben to dubai 8times on business trip just came from south Africa last week so don't no how to stay all this apply thing because the first was don by an agent but now I want to do it myself. Any good adv how to go about it pls thx all wanting to hear from friends plsssssssssssssssss
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by segee77: 10:43am On Mar 15, 2016
I was denied visa on March 7 this year, i applied alone, now I want to apply with my wife and son by July, I just want to know my chance now because I was asked how does my wife feel about my travelling and if I've travel before, I have not travel before Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nasdaq500: 10:43am On Mar 15, 2016
Hello house, i kindly need responses to help me out in filling my DS160 form,
My wife won a DV Visa lottery some years back, i was the beneficiary as she was the principal applicant.i went with her for the interview but we did not get the visa because the VO said the form was filled incorrectly. the refusal letter was issued in her name. Right now i plan going for a conference and in the DS160 form i need to know the response to put in in these two questions either YES or NO

Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, or been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?

Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services?

Thanks house.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:44am On Mar 15, 2016
jossymama:
good day friends in the house I apply for b1/b2 in 2014 I was not giving, fast forward she ask why in all the state in US why I am going to new/j I told her hv a friend that travel to new j and get nice things to buy for her shop the next thing sorry we can allow u visit now but u can reapply. My qus now is I want to apply again this year hv Ben to dubai 8times on business trip just came from south Africa last week so don't no how to stay all this apply thing because the first was don by an agent but now I want to do it myself. Any good adv how to go about it pls thx all wanting to hear from friends plsssssssssssssssss
Just have a little patience and read this thread , part 1 and this one. All the advice all the posters have given , I'm sure ul pick up some.

@Chloe u be better student o! I no de remember those things again o!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:48am On Mar 15, 2016
segee77:
I was denied visa on March 7 this year, i applied alone, now I want to apply with my wife and son by July, I just want to know my chance now because I was asked how does my wife feel about my travelling and if I've travel before, I have not travel before Thanks
Please correct me if I'm wrong. Shebi u have asked this question at the vo s thread and they told u nobody can tell u ur chances? Please how can a nairalander tell u ur chances of getting a visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lafad11(m): 10:49am On Mar 15, 2016
Morning Gurus,
I just received a call from a lady from the US consulate. She was asking different questions about the visa I was given in 2014 which is to expire Nov 2016. she also asked if I'm aware I qualify for a drop box for next renewal. I queried her and she said. It's a general thing from the consulate. Please are there people who have received calls from the consulate?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 15, 2016
Jossymama.

Till you sift out what the agent wrote for you the last tine then nothing you can do. All that information is with them and that's what they will compare future applications too.

Read the thread. Read it take your time to read from others and do it yourself.

Its a DIY thread and its starts with reading.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:02am On Mar 15, 2016
Yes dear I hv some cope that I photo cope but don't no if that is OK I can't go back to the agent because she was not happy with me because she bill me 100k den and I pay 80k promise to bal if the visa is out and I did not get the visa she keep calling for the balance of 20k and I told I don't think I will give her any 20k again because no visa was collected, so now on that part which way out? I hv the email she use but don't hv the password pls adv on that
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 15, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Just have a little patience and read this thread , part 1 and this one. All the advice all the posters have given , I'm sure ul pick up some.

@Chloe u be better student o! I no de remember those things again o!
wink cheesy grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 12:01pm On Mar 15, 2016
nasdaq500:
Hello house, i kindly need responses to help me out in filling my DS160 form,
My wife won a DV Visa lottery some years back, i was the beneficiary as she was the principal applicant.i went with her for the interview but we did not get the visa because the VO said the form was filled incorrectly. the refusal letter was issued in her name. Right now i plan going for a conference and in the DS160 form i need to know the response to put in in these two questions either YES or NO

Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, or been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?

Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services?

Thanks house.

Based on all that you stated above

1St question - answer is Yes (visa lottery is also a visa)
2nd question - answer is NO

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 15, 2016
segee77:
The reason they denied you visa maybe cause you have a virgin passport or what you told them when they asked about how your wife felt... was there enough money in your statmnt of acct?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 12:12pm On Mar 15, 2016
lafad11:
Morning Gurus,
I just received a call from a lady from the US consulate. She was asking different questions about the visa I was given in 2014 which is to expire Nov 2016. she also asked if I'm aware I qualify for a drop box for next renewal. I queried her and she said. It's a general thing from the consulate. Please are there people who have received calls from the consulate?

The particular call does not have anything to worry about, be it a good call or scam call as long as nothing was requested from you. It could be a new CRM policy from the Embassy to their faithful customer grin tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:38pm On Mar 15, 2016
Beniyoha01:

The particular call does not have anything to worry about, be it a good call or scam call as long as nothing was requested from you. It could be a new CRM policy from the Embassy to their faithful customer grin tongue
I no go mind d call o!

@lafad why u no ask them if the fee na free or if them no go gee u 5 year visa cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Mimiamal: 12:53pm On Mar 15, 2016
Pls I am a single working mother.working with a company.i want to travel with my child.i have 3m in my acct .i have never travel to Europe or America before but Asia and Middle East .the child is having her fathers name and we r divorced .infact we r not on a talking terms with her father. pls advice me on how to go about it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by segee77: 1:31pm On Mar 15, 2016
Olacombs23:

The reason they denied you visa maybe cause you have a virgin passport or what you told them when they asked about how your wife felt... was there enough money in your statmnt of acct?
yes i have enough money in my account now, am just thinking going with my family will give a better chance. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:52pm On Mar 15, 2016
Mimiamal:
Pls I am a single working mother.working with a company.i want to travel with my child.i have 3m in my acct .i have never travel to Europe or America before but Asia and Middle East .the child is having her fathers name and we r divorced .infact we r not on a talking terms with her father. pls advice me on how to go about it
1. U and ur child can have different surnames and apply thus.
2. Are u the child's legal guardian? U should be able to travel with her. Go along with the divorce papers though with all other supporting docx.
3. Go thru the US embassy website. The link is on the ist page of this thread. U will see the process for visa application
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:54pm On Mar 15, 2016
segee77:
Good afternoon... go ahead also please fill your form yourself do not employ agent oooo. Good luck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by segee77: 2:24pm On Mar 15, 2016
seyewest:
Good afternoon... go ahead also please fill your form yourself do not employ agent oooo. Good luck
I filled the form my self, I was shocked when she asked if my friend is my girlfriend and how does my wife feel about my travelling , i told her she my long time friend but I Bleep up a little bit about how my wife feels. May be she thinks I used agent but I don't. Thank very much.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:40pm On Mar 15, 2016
segee77:
I filled the form my self, I was shocked when she asked if my friend is my girlfriend and how does my wife feel about my travelling , i told her she my long time friend but I Bleep up a little bit about how my wife feels. May be she thinks I used agent but I don't. Thank very much.
It's always advisable for a married man going on vacation to take his family along. They like it that way although it does not guarantee visa but it's an advantage in my own opinion....
Where is @Ogunlaaaaaaaaaaaaa ooooo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 2:50pm On Mar 15, 2016
Bostin:
Thanks for this great enlightenment but an individual still most find a program sponsor that will find them a job placement with the paper works, that is what it meant by Sponsorship and it is required by the Government for the program. Please anybody that has gotten the J1 visa in the past should throw more light how they go about finding a sponsor and there charges.

I would have posted it for you but all these monitoring spirits won't let me. angry
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Bostin(m): 4:17pm On Mar 15, 2016
nefertitiram:

I would have posted it for you but all these monitoring spirits won't let me. angry
Boss I just PM you,please reply and let start from there. Thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 6:29pm On Mar 15, 2016
Bostin:
Boss I just PM you,please reply and let start from there. Thanks

Av replied

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Udiboy(f): 6:31pm On Mar 15, 2016
@Beni,ladyguin..,Chloe and all the good contributors of this great thread.Biko dalunnuó!

So my siblings paid yesterday and filled thier DS-160 form online and want to choose this Friday (18th)as interview date since it is available for scheduling.
Mind you they are filing for B1/B2 for vacation hols.
Now, a friend advised them to put it out by one month at least or 3 months cos if you pick a very closeby date for interview after just filling ds-160, it does not give the VO time enough to do backgroung check on both invitee and invited lol. That it may affect approval.

Please, is this true?
What are your thoughts and experiences on scheduling interview dates as a 1st time traveller.

I am here legally and a citizen and I am the one inviting them.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:53pm On Mar 15, 2016
Udiboy:
@Beni,ladyguin..,Chloe and all the good contributors of this great thread.Biko dalunnuó!

So my siblings paid yesterday and filled thier DS-160 form online and want to choose this Friday (18th)as interview date since it is available for scheduling.
Mind you they are filing for B1/B2 for vacation hols.
Now, a friend advised them to put it out by one month at least or 3 months cos if you pick a very closeby date for interview after just filling ds-160, it does not give the VO time enough to do backgroung check on both invitee and invited lol. That it may affect approval.

Please, is this true?
What are your thoughts and experiences on scheduling interview dates as a 1st time traveller.

I am here legally and a citizen and I am the one inviting them.
Hmmm. Now l be honest. I know background checks are conducted. But without being a staff of the embassy I can't speak for how and the time frame of these checks.
But hey! Who knows? Maybe u should pick a later date. Anything that could help is gOod. Though please this is just my opinion based on whimsy and no facts.
Shebi na u be the klegically babe ? cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 7:08pm On Mar 15, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Hmmm. Now l be honest. I know background checks are conducted. But without being a staff of the embassy I can't speak for how and the time frame of these checks.
But hey! Who knows? Maybe u should pick a later date. Anything that could help is gOod. Though please this is just my opinion based on whimsy and no facts.

Contrary to speculations and believe.... The embassy does not conduct background check on NIV applications.

How do I know this....? For the 1St time last year Lagos NIV conducted a Google hangout session with VO Andrew, Kathy and I can't remember the last lady, she's new and the moderator of that hangout was a colleague of mine Oluwaseun P and he specifically asked the VO's that questions and they said No, they don't do such.

Secondly, my best pal got his visa last week and he only applied a week and half ahead of the interview date.

So have no fear.... You are on point with the application.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Udiboy(f): 7:10pm On Mar 15, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Lol, I be legit o. Which state you dey again. I see your snow pishure sometime ago.

So you think, they should shift it at a later date? Like what time frame?

Please, make others put mouth nau shocked
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 15, 2016
Beniyoha01:

Contrary to speculations and believe.... The embassy does not conduct background check on NIV applications.

How do I know this....? For the 1St time last year Lagos NIV conducted a Google hangout session with VO Andrew, Kathy and I can't remember the last lady, she's new and the moderator of that hangout was a colleague of mine Oluwaseun P and he specifically asked the VO's that questions and they said No, they don't do such.

Secondly, my best pal got his visa last week and he only applied a week and half ahead of the interview date.

So have no fear.... You are on point with the application.
I think background checks are conducted no matter how close the date you fill your ds160 and schedule your interview date e no matter, and I think it is conducted at random, you don't expect them to say yes we conduct background checks na they can't divulge all that information, i'm saying background checks are conducted based on a friend that was interviewed and was granted background checks were conducted and he got appointment 4 days to the date he filled ds160 pretty close

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.